View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 05:53 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  
PeanutButterCup

I agree, Mirage! I actually have several of you already ... but none of you know of the others' "identities". I'm like Charlie from Charlie's Angels.

Well, that analogy isn't so great, once I think about it. But you know what I mean, right?

Aussie, I am praying for you tonight. I hope you can feel it.

Thanks to all of you for such a warm welcome back ... you have no idea what it means to me. I've been doing horribly, but today is day 2 (again). The Kim Possible thing is from my weight loss days. I remember, before starting that journey, feeling weak and defeated and depressed. Once I conquered it, I felt POWERFUL, like I could accomplish anything since I lost my weight (which isn't as easy as some might think!). Kim Possible's tagline is "Kim Possible -- she can do anything!" I felt JUST like that! And my hair was red at the time, too.

Anyway, I am using her as an "anchor" to remind myself that I'm strong, and not to give up so easily. I can do great things. I can. I've done them before, and I'm that same person today. I don't have to give in whenever I have a whim.

I'm also kind of tossing around a parable of sorts in my mind about this whole sobriety thing ... when and if I figure it out, I'll post it.

I hope you all have a great evening/day! Thank you for not forgetting about me.