Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 6

Old 09-27-2011, 06:14 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all!

I hope everyone is well today, especially Mirage. Chest colds are the worst. But, it sounds like you may turn the lemons into lemonade by quitting the smoke. I've done the same successfully. Even if you do smoke with a chest cold, you feel so bad that you want to quit. Prayers out to you for that and healing. Congrats again on becoming a stage mom!

PBC, you are right, 5 of 7 is not bad. Is that the goal? Moderation can certainly be a foretuitous goal. Okay, maybe not the right word, but I had to use it somewhere. Good luck on the play and music. It sounds like you are directing quite a bit in your life right now! Don't forget the PBC time in the mix.

Dave, in honor of your haul, I went out and bought a jar of pickled herring. Mmmmm....
When I read your post, I was like Pavlov's dogs and had to go get a bib. I look forward to retiring close to a coast, preferrably East...South or North Carolina, so I can once again enjoy the greatest food in the world...seafood (sorry Mirage...hope the Red Lobster evening worked out for you and family!)

Frances...your positivity is making it to Ohio (from whereever you are!). I had a great meeting with my "no" client yesterday, and while I can't get too excited until check is in hand, he signed. The deal could still go away, as he invited competition into the arena after my 5 months of work. If the comp walks away with the fruits of my hard work, it will be very hard to take, and I shared that point with the client yesterday. That's when he signed. He also agreed to give me a final swing at bat with the competition's quote, if they come in better. I feel better, and took the case from a 25% chance of closure to better than 50% yesterday.

This post is gonna expire, so I'll start another....
Old 09-27-2011, 06:25 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ya never know how much time you have. If you have a lot of interruptions during a post, like I did, ya' just might time out, or something...

Anyway, I am re-reading the 12 & 12 4th step chapter. I can tell already how it's going to help me "get real". In the 52 days I haven't had a drink, sobriety has returned more slowly than ever before. I have many days where I feel "dry drunk", and my mood affect seems a bit unstable. I'm reading lots of books, both AA and non-AA, on early sobriety, one if which is affirming of all I'm feeling. It's kind of like that "What to expect..." book for pregnancy. But, what I really want is true, heart-felt, serene sobriety. I've had moments of such clarity, and moments of a heightened sense of spirituality, but I haven't had streams of either. I know life isn't a constant stream in any way, but I really want to be centered again, and I just haven't achieved that. I think my 4th step will be cleansing to that effect. I haven't done one in decades, and even then, probably wasn't as honest as I know I need to be. Anyway, I'm again searching for that nirvana, or as close a place to it as possible. Hey...I'm almost 50, I think I am justified in trying for a more centered life.

That's whats up with me. Thanks for prayers, they are working. Since Sunday, relations have been more settled in the house. The mysteries of how our Lord works are boundless.

Have a Marchin' Day!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Lofty..ok, if you're "almost 50", we're not as close in age as I thought. Thanks for the well wishes..feelin a bit better today. Still have a cough..but I'm hangin in there. Sounds like you're doing lots of good work toward serene sobriety..you'll get there, I know it. Wow..that's good news on the potential client, too. Really hope that works out for you.

Progress is a good thing, PBC.

Oh yeah..Red Lobster worked out just fine as I had chicken.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Lofty..ok, if you're "almost 50", we're not as close in age as I thought. Thanks for the well wishes..feelin a bit better today. Still have a cough..but I'm hangin in there. Sounds like you're doing lots of good work toward serene sobriety..you'll get there, I know it. Wow..that's good news on the potential client, too. Really hope that works out for you.

Progress is a good thing, PBC.

Oh yeah..Red Lobster worked out just fine as I had chicken.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Bugger...how'd that happen?
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Editor

You pulled a Dave or is did I just blink or was that a wrinkle in the MATRIX?
Good Day All
DAve
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Editor

Old is a state of Mind! If you are under 100.....you still got a shot. 100 and over enjoy the time.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Editor

ok now I am freaking out.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Editor

Moderators HHEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
Editor

Dab nabit lofty. You are just messin with me now.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:58 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
Editor

Ok....all your dup posts are gone now lofty. My name is Dave and I dont drink anymore. I live and a wonderful place and have wonderful friends. I am NOT losing my mind.
Dave
Old 09-27-2011, 10:59 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Glad you asked, Mirage. For a while I thought I was seeing double again. Maybe the techies thought it would be funny to mess with the drunks!

Ok...by almost 50, I mean 48 and a half. Feels like 70. Either way, it's old.

PBC...since I posted I've been bothered by my post. I don't think I meant to challenge you about your sobriety choices; i.e., abstinence vs. moderation, although it does come across that way. Actually, don't know why I asked the way I did; sorry if it over-stepped. Mirage is right. Progess is great!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:30 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

OMG...I am still LMAO!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:36 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Dave...it's okay if you want a separate post for every sentence. We understand! :rotfxko
Old 09-27-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  
Editor

Glad you asked, Mirage. For a while I thought I was seeing double again. Maybe the techies thought it would be funny to mess with the drunks!

Ok...by almost 50, I mean 48 and a half. Feels like 70. Either way, it's old.

PBC...since I posted I've been bothered by my post. I don't think I meant to challenge you about your sobriety choices; i.e., abstinence vs. moderation, although it does come across that way. Actually, don't know why I asked the way I did; sorry if it over-stepped. Mirage is right. Progess is great!

I swear this posted about six times to the thread. I would see it after every sentence I posted. I think that I am going to get a cup of coffee......

Dag nabbit. Now I feel over a hundred.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Ok...there is obviously a time warp today. my posts are out of order!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Uhhh...yeah...sure it did, Dave....uhhhh...yeah....I saw it too....I did....I really did!!!

Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

I just went back and reviewed the history of this wormhole....it all started when Mirage went to Red Lobster and had chicken!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:00 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

LOL! I started to 'thanks' every post, then realized what the heck was goin on! Next time I'll go to Outback Steakhouse and get soup and we'll see what happens! Yeehaaaaaw!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

An alternate theory to the glitch: I apologize so infrequently that I broke the internet when I put that on there!