View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 06:58 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
LoftyIdeals
SoberOutlook

PBC!!!PBC!!! Welcome back! I've been hoping for and expecting your return! Kill the fatted calf! It's a party now! Can't wait to catch up!

Thanks, all, for your prayers. I went to another meeting last night, not Dave's kind of meeting, just an AA meeting, and it was great. I don't know what I'd do without the support from my peeps on SR, and in AA. This is no journey to walk alone! (That's a BIG HINT to those who are lurking, reading, but not jumping in).

As far as Dave's meeting goes? Dude...you had me at "I am not a political person....but our local gov't has ticked me off". You have once again affirmed that we are the same soul living parallel lives in the same universe. I have been so pissed at our local school board(s) and have recently, at church or other community groups, been voicing my dissatisfaction. Some have urged me to go public. I have been emailing our Speaker of the House Boehner about some national issues (I happen to live in his district), and he has actually responded to my emails! I was a political science major, but have never had the intestinal fortitude to become an activist or advance any of the causes I believe in. However, now that I am the household bus driver (we lost busing, among other school services) I have taken a microscopic view of the school board budget vs. the tax levies they propose. I'm afraid I'm about to become very political in my community. My only hesitations were similar to yours; I don't want to be viewed as the spouting-off drunk, and I don't want the educators to take retribution against my kids in the grades dept, which I don't doubt could happen. Power to ya! Power to the people! Power to DAVE!!!! WE WANT DAVE!!! WE WANT DAVE!!! (Crowd roars)

OK...my brief mental interlude of insanity has seemed to pass; no, not the one right above, the one of the last few days. Yes, there is a real likelihood of signficant financial threat, and, yes, I'm not sure my marriage can suffer another such setback, but, I have released it all to God. I know for a fact that God works in unimaginable ways in peoples lives in exactly His own timing, according to His will, and for His glory. There is a significant change coming; and I am open to His will in my life; I surrender to it, and I praise Him for it. That's all that I can say and do. Thanks again for all your guidance and prayers. Stay tuned...(by the way, I have no idea what the significant imminent change might be)

Great to hear from ProfessorFudger! Liked the quotes, and the invite to skype or facebook, but what's going on in your life? I'm sure it's all great stuff, and would love to hear...

Frances asked about Bevyn. I am pretty sure I saw Bevyn on another thread over the past weeks, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Again, WELCOME BACK PBC!!!

Have a great, safe, sober week, folks!

Sincerely,
SuperDave's future campaign manager