Notices

Class Of March 2011 pt 6

Old 09-04-2011, 04:19 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers--Heading off for my long run, then hopefully a trip to the hospital to see my friend (she's OK) and then to a Labor Day pool party.

In the past, I've gotten very drunk at this friend's house. He and his wife are generous hosts and the booze just seems to flow there. I won't be drinking today however!

Running is an excellent excuse for why I'm not drinking anymore.

My little dog gets to come too because they have a fenced yard.

Loving the music choices and hoping everyone has a good day!
Old 09-04-2011, 09:06 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Editor

Good Day All. Glad to see everyone is having a good weekend so far. Me....I caught the funk. Stuffy, sneazy, just feel like poop. Kinda Funny how fast this came on. I used to drink myself through these spells in the past. Although they rarely raised there head when I was drinking. I hope that every has a great day.
Dave
Old 09-04-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Sorry you are feeling bad, Dave. Seems like we no longer have the alcohol in our systems to kill any germ that might inhabit us. Oh well, this way we will eventually raise our natural antibodies, right? Feel well!

I've bit off more than I can chew. To avoid boredom on what would normally be another blowout weekend, I stacked my to do list far higher than I can do in a year. Every time I get into a project, I find 5 more that I've been blowing off.

Now, if I can keep from starting 5 projects, maybe I'll get one done!

Wishing all a sober Sunday. Looking forward to day 30 tomorrow!
Old 09-05-2011, 05:43 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Feel better Dave!

Lofty, I hope you got your stuff done and are enjoying a FABULOUS DAY THIRTY GO YOU!

Told a few more friends at yesterday's pool party that I stopped drinking. Said I had to choose between running and drinking and that I like running better. One said, but why can't you just drink a little? I said even a little messes up my runnning. (Did not add: AND THE REST OF MY LIFE, lol)

My little dog did great with a zillion little kids jumping in and out of the pool all day--he's a herding dog and honest to god thinks it's his job to keep the little kids safe.

It felt good to be clear-headed when we left at 10:30pm for the 2-hour drive home. Safe and sober in bed at 12:30.

TONS O BOOZE including a fancy cocktail assembly line. I tried some of the fruit syrups being used in selzter so I wasn't left out.

HAPPY MONDAY TO MY MARCHERS.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

30 days today...this time is different

It's NOT that I can't believe I am at the 30 day point. What surprises me is the way I feel about it. Like it's a drop in the bucket of what I believe can be achieved in sobriety.

What's different? I'm not whiteknuckling it to reach a goal of 30 or 40 days or so. I have no expectation of drinking again. Instead, I'm approaching recovery daily, with an expectation of growing in sobriety daily. It's made all the difference in the world.

The differences include: actually working the steps again for the first time in many years. A whole new outlook on AA, which came as an epiphany to me, overcoming my rejection of the program. Getting a sponsor; although we haven't met due to vacation schedules, it's a relief to just have had someone agree. Wanting to help others; last night a college student I had met last Tuesday night at his first ever AA mtg came to my home group, which I had recommended to him. He liked the group. I was as proud as if I was his big brother.

Biggest difference between previous attempts and this one? SoberRecovery.com. What a God-send! I'm so happy you are all part of my life. Sometimes I feel like I can reach right through the computer and hug you all. My wife fears that I will fall in love on this site. She's right; I am...with myself. I haven't loved myself in a very long time, and, man, am I finding out how important it is!

Sorry for the long soliloquy. Thanks to all for your friendship!
Old 09-05-2011, 06:02 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Thanks, Frances! I'm so happy for your pool party experience! Great response, and great outcome. Glad your dog had fun too! Is it a border collie? Jack Russell? I can just imagine the little kids being hearded around the pool!
Old 09-05-2011, 08:21 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30, Lofty!!! Great to hear you sounding so positive!
Yes, I'm so glad we are still keeping up with posting, it helps me a lot, too!

Still feelin crappy, Dave? Hope you're on the mend!

Pool party sounded like a resounding success, frances..well done!

Toi....watchin paint dry..good times.

Aussie..glad you were able to skip the wedding thing. Sorry your hubby's not well, but maybe it was a blessing in disguise, eh?

Up north was good..weather was questionable, but we managed to get a good tubing run in. Good to be home and how bout this weather?! It's in the 50s right now..feels so good to be in jeans and a hoody! Bring on fall to go with my football!!
Old 09-05-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Editor

Feed a cold. Starve a fever. Well I have been feeding the cold and it is starting to work. Still not going out and dancing in the streets but doin a little better. I am going to keep it short today. Still spinning a little. To think that I use to like this feeling?????!!!!
Have a good one marchers and keep marching
Dave
Old 09-05-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
orangutan

Dave ,have you been hanging out with my husband? get well soon.

Lofty, woooo hooooo 30 days

Frances, glad you had a good time at the party, the 2 hour drive home would have been an effort for me though.

Mirage,TOI, Dee
Old 09-05-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Lofty--So happy for you today on this wonderful milestone and more delighted to hear how you are feeling about your continuing sobriety. Please keep sharing! I like hearing about what you are thinking and how it's going for you.

TOI--Grrrrrrrr for loose bad dogs and BAD OWNERS! My dog is GOOD and he's not allowed to maul strangers. VERY glad you are OK. Sorry if it messed up your run. Have you selected final paint colors? What are you painting?

Mirage--I was thinking the same thing about Aussie missing the wedding. Aussie, hope all is well today with you and your husband. Feel better!

Dave--Hope the world stops spinning and you are back to full health tomorrow by the latest.

I feel. Good. Happy. I got to deliver a home cooked dinner to my friend who came home from the hospital today with her NEW BABY BOY. I got to hold him. The house is neat and the laundry is done. I have paying work to do tomorrow and optimism I can work on my marketing plans to get new clients.

My little dog is all corgi. They were bred to push cattle around, so they are big dogs in little bodies. Mine is a pushy smartie.
Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Good morning, all...

Frances...glad you had a nice day yesterday with your friend. New life is always a great inspiration, isn't it? My folks must have a thing for herders, too. They have had several border collies, and had a Welsh Corgi in the mix as well. It was a good dog, but high strung and had very sensitive hearing. It could hear the otherwise indiscernible sound of the front storm door, and would go nuts!

Had a nice weekend. Got a few things done. Had one invite from the other alchies on the cul-de-sac, but had no problem blowing them off. We don't get invites much from normal people anymore, which, I guess, is a blessing right now. I'm supposed to go to a fantasy football draft tonight with one of my buds who brews his own beer. It's always a party. I actually never officially joined this year, as I knew it would be a temptation, and my decision to quit would be revealed. Funny thing is that I really would rather go to my AA meeting, pick up my 30 day chip, and be with my new friends. I think I'll do that.

The weekend was kind of quiet on SR, except for a lot of newcomers to the other newcomer thread. There's some good stuff there. It's important for me to stay cognizant daily of where I was just a month ago. It's too easy to forget all that brought me to where I am today; it helps me see the progress.

I've gotten to the point that I need to spend a little less time here, too. I've been blowing off too many work things in the name of recovery. It's a difficult balance.

Had a great talk with the wife yesterday. She wasn't feeling energetic, so I could actually get all my words in, and explain to her the course of my recovery. It was good for both of us. We actually got along yesterday. I'm praying she will see value in sobriety eventually too. Not just mine, but maybe she may want to give it a chance as well. I think her anxiety levels would plummet. But, I can only work on me.

Hope Dave is feeling better, and that everyone else had a great weekend. Stay sober, Marchers!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Lofty, I love hearing how you are reaching out and reaching in for your sobriety. Congrats on getting your 30 day chip!

Quick ones:
1. I had a question about my medicine and my doctor called me right back! Feeling very grateful for that.
2. I GOT MY WRITING GIG BACK!!!! This is the one that got pulled a month ago and I was feeling really bad about. I went over my local editor's head and to the decision-maker. SHE SAID YES.

Old 09-06-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Congrats, Frances! That's awesome! I see that good things are happening for you. Glad to know you are a writer. I have a family full of writers/authors, and have been published a few times myself. Words are the most powerful tool in the world!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Aussie!!?? I've been meaning to ask about your avatar and keep forgetting. Is that your cat with a broken arm? How'd that happen? Did she pick out the pink cast? Is she okay? I guess it's true...a picture is worth a thousand questions (or something like that...)

Hope the husband is feeling better, and that you've been able to stave it off.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Sup Marchers? Sounds like lots of positive things are happening!

Congrats on the writing gig, frances!! What kind of writing do you do?

Yay Lofty and his 30 day chip! Wise decision to blow of the draft, my friend. Very proud of all you're doing and accomplishing! I hope the talk with the missus helps.

1st day of school here. As one of my friends on facebook added to that, "thank you sweet Jesus". lol! Unrelated to that, havin a rough day. Allow me to explain (complain)..last night my eye was itching so I took an allergy pill, figuring it was..well..allergies, of course. Well this thing musta been MADE of caffeine, cuz I don't think I slept past 3 am when I woke up. Now my eye is really swollen. I see a lump on the inside of my eye which leads me to believe it's a bite of some kind. Whatever..either way I look ridiculous and should not be seen by the general public. Just woke up from sleepin 2 1/2 hours and my head is pounding. Haha. I TOLD you I was gonna complain!

Wishing all of you a better day and a less freakish looking face than mine today!
Old 09-06-2011, 02:27 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  
SoberOutlook

Hey Mirage...sorry about your face...hmm...naw...sorry you are hurting and tired. Hope it heals up soon. I've heard horror stories about spider bites, don't let it go too long until you see a doctor. Prayers for your recovery!

I actually got some work done today! Still need to do more, but it felt good having the presence of mind to pour myself into a proposal for work.

Autumn weather came overnight here. 100 degrees Friday, and 70s and cloudy since yesterday. I'm actually looking forward to fall. I KNOW I wouldn't be saying THAT if drinking!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
orangutan

Morning all,

Lofty the kitty in my avatar is just something I found on the net I have a whole collection of cute and cuddley because I like to change my avatar often ,the poor little thing I dont know what happened to it.

Mirage sorry about the eye . Remindes of last nights episode of modern family the dad (for the life of me I cant think of his name) gets some botox injections that go wrong. I love that show anyone else watch it.

Frances a writer! wow the people in the marchers are all talented we have singers ,writers, runners . Not me, nothing special happening here.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

YES aussie..I think Modern Family is brilliant..one of my favs!!

Lol Lofty..thanks for being sorry about my face, wise acre. Lovin this fall weather!!

It's better..I'm not recovered tired wise, tho, so I'm a bit crabby. Trying to decide on a color of shingle for a new roof. Big decisions are never fun, are they?
Old 09-06-2011, 05:11 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

I bet there *is* something special about you, aussie
I like Modern Family too - I missed last night tho....

D
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
orangutan

OH I'm "special" alright, just not talented. LOL.