Notices

90 Days and Under Part 4

Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Penny i know how you feel about bumping into old people and experiencing uncomfortable feelings. i was posting about something similar a few days ago. that was then though and now [when i do venture out later today] i will be 'investigating' for me thats a positive way of looking at the experience of going out, it will also be good to stretch my legs and see what the rest of the planet is upto.

But yes i can remember atleast 2 or three times dashing to avoid someone i didnt want to see in my also small town. my hope is that as my confidence grows my life becomes that, mine, and less unconsciously influenced by other folk. Yesterday when i was out i had the mantra 7weeks sober in my mind

Regarding thinking about going out more positively and seeing it as investigating and stretching my legs I only came to thinking this way this morning though!!!! Ive not yet tested this new attitude also but.....

..well we have an understanding

It s slow and subtle but the slow growths in confidence and 'non alcoholic adaptation' do add up. I found myself watching a lot of movies [and still do] much of the time. In a way this can be 'escaping reality'' via a film or a good tv show but it helped me stay not drinking when outside was ... well i felt worse than i do now about it.

Kevin
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Hi 90's!

bettterlife4me - from reading your posts, you seem to be in a good place (meaning your positive, know you slipped but only a little knowing it was not the right thing to do). I'm sure you'll continue on as strong as before.

Well, I've headed over to the less than 6months club but will drop in here as well.

Penny, Kevin and everyone else, have a great day, don't drink today.

Rosco.
Life=Fun;Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Day 52 so i guess that marks 1/7 of a year. I'm so bored. Situ aught to improve on sat when i emerge from my self inflicted [alcohol fueled irresponsible spending before xmas] lower than necessary cash time. Finding it hard to think surrounded by the same dull old walls most days - should be good to get around next week into my [small] local city.

Highly productive day
Old 02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

52 days is a great achievement Kevin...I hope you can branch out a little from Saturday

D
Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

WARM kind crazy alcoholic, lol i have just had to have a lie down to decide this is what i was before i quit drinking.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:08 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Hi Kevin

Drinking is not a life; hang in there! I found beauty in nature, exercise, better food, family, and playing good old games instead of partying and short term "pleasures" provided by alcohol. It's a wholistic change not just stopping drinking. What interests you? Start slow and build up? A clean house, new paint? Just thoughts.

Stay strong 90's!

Rosco.

Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:14 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kevin,
I agree with Rosco - hang in there

D
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

I will gang don't worry. its like a veil lifting though. just writing these posts is therapeutic, sometimes to get a response is nice also, i get the whole helping others alcoholics helps yourself too. Double bubbling sex addict [ie the fact that im also a recovering sex addict with 18 days] probably doesnt make it easier.

Just been lying at night [as you do] and coming to realize [or suspect highly] that the reason my 1st flatshare failed primarily was to do with alcohol probably also. I think as i recall [i was 18 at the time] i wanted nothing more than to drink after work, of course having a flatmate [a randomer actually i found on some website i think] was a real drag to my drinking. I don't suppose living with a 18yr old blind [ie totally lost and not even wanting to reform] alcoholic was much fun for a 23yr old scots woman either.

oh dear, don't worry gang im cool-just fracked up. visiting my grandfather tomorrow-trying to jee up my family after years of being idiotic. i can but attempt it-it will be fine. day by day life improves. starting to enjoy my record collection again after a long gap.

i did have lots of alcohol/dug associations with music but totally enjoyed playing my cd's today and legally ripping them on linux - im a penguin!!

kevin
Old 02-23-2011, 07:13 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hang in there Kev. You can do this!
Old 02-24-2011, 12:14 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

I feel thanks for this site[day 54 and loving it]
Old 02-24-2011, 09:12 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Penny has 26 days. Today sucked, tomorrow will be better.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:33 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Hi Penny

26 days - huge! Well done - this is more than 3 weeks and fast approaching 4. I hope you are a little chuffed about this. It's a great achievement - keep it up!

Kevin - sounds like you're feeling a little better!

Stay strong guys.

Rosco.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:13 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you penny and rosco and dee.

Day 55 here. Alcohol had led me to slip down a terrible slope for 16 years and owing to my life having become a mess I have ended up in special flats that are occupied only by people with troubled backgrounds. The flat next door has seen about 1 resident per 6 months-anyways the newest edition is a self declared alcoholic and came round today. was odd to sit there drinking coffee while he was drinking.

The whole experience was somewhat stressful , hes your typical scouser [person from liverpool england]-sold his tv to pay for booze but charming and of course being a recovering alcoholic i do feel for him
Old 02-26-2011, 12:20 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

I made it through a really rough 'wanna drink so bad I can taste it' kind of night tonight. It was really cool actually. I love how better I am getting at talking myself out of it and 'playing the video tape'.
It was pretty severe, so I rested a little then ate something (made a HUGE difference) and went to the store for ice cream instead. Now I have a stomach ache.
Oh well, still better than being hungover and not being able to function tomorrow.
I know the sugar business will taper off eventually, it has before.
I need to realize that I'm still just under thirty days. I think my mind and my body is trying to trick me and clump all of my sober days together and tell me I have much more sober time than I really do. I have not made more than two months without drinking in probably a decade. I think I need to slow down. Thanks for being here, Penny.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:25 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
Administrator

one day at a time really worked for me penny

Good to see you're racking up the days again
D
Old 02-26-2011, 05:03 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Did AA step work last pm [hp stuff even though ive not been to aa although thinking about it more and more as a positive idea lately] and awoke today and made a big change for the better, even walking to the shop last pm for choccy(now eaten) [after posting stressed msgs on here and folk helping me] i untangled my head somewhat and adapted positively and encouragingly.

Thanks again everyone

8weeks today i am proud of that!!!:> feels so good and im DEBT free as-well.

Plus im beginning to feel a 'switch' like being outside can sometimes be FUN not just somewhere other people enjoy.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Hi< 90's!

Penny, I used sugar as a prop until about the 8 week mark or there abouts. Since, then I've found it easy to stop the sugar by applying the same dedication as I have with stopping alcohol (ie, spend time on it each day, learning, etc). I'm now at a weight that I've not been for a very, very long time all in the space of around 6 weeks! Congratulations for working on it and not drinking.

I've said before that early on, I used to silently yell/scream at my little voice. Now it's very timid!

Kevin, again, it sounds like you are really moving forward in your life! Well done.

Well, have to dash.

Rosco.
Old 02-27-2011, 04:20 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Thanks rosco its very good of you to drop in.

Im on day 8weeks and a day-yesterday was tough (i now have a relapsed alcoholic next door so for this stresspoint really)-still i learn
Old 02-27-2011, 04:46 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

So - Here we go - One day at a time.

Day 1 was yesterday, so this is my 2nd day. Got a long way to go, but mean to stick with it this time.

Will provide regular updates - Mostly for my benefit, but if it helps anyone else, then that's good.

Best of endeavours to you fellow-travellers.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:29 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Thanks Solly will be great to hear from you and hear your stories, im just 8 weeks and one day but one day at a time