View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 08:27 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
LeadHatter

Penny i know how you feel about bumping into old people and experiencing uncomfortable feelings. i was posting about something similar a few days ago. that was then though and now [when i do venture out later today] i will be 'investigating' for me thats a positive way of looking at the experience of going out, it will also be good to stretch my legs and see what the rest of the planet is upto.

But yes i can remember atleast 2 or three times dashing to avoid someone i didnt want to see in my also small town. my hope is that as my confidence grows my life becomes that, mine, and less unconsciously influenced by other folk. Yesterday when i was out i had the mantra 7weeks sober in my mind

Regarding thinking about going out more positively and seeing it as investigating and stretching my legs I only came to thinking this way this morning though!!!! Ive not yet tested this new attitude also but.....

..well we have an understanding

It s slow and subtle but the slow growths in confidence and 'non alcoholic adaptation' do add up. I found myself watching a lot of movies [and still do] much of the time. In a way this can be 'escaping reality'' via a film or a good tv show but it helped me stay not drinking when outside was ... well i felt worse than i do now about it.

Kevin