Old 03-27-2011, 05:08 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best take it easy today Kevin
Enjoy your Sunday.

D
Old 03-27-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

well i was going to type something but since i only get about one shot per day i will wait until tomorrow
Old 03-28-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day 86 day by day im improving but not content this morning. been working on my hindu mudras and getting into that plus reading my codependency book. Yesterday i made a pretty serious parting from the dork next door.

The night before i had told him i didnt want to know so yesterday when he came around knocking we had a stand up mini argument in the street. He was not pleased, under the immediate set of circumstances my position was not strong but over this last month or so this man is far too chaotic for my taste or liking. After having a serious meltdown on thursday night [which i have been able to convert into a breakthrough] i had decided to draw lines in the sand.

So regardless of the immediate set of circumstances i was sticking to my plan of removing this person from associating with me. I have now informed this individual that i do not want them knocking on my door anymore under any circumstances.

Needless to say they did not take this disconnection/detachment with great affection and i got some fear in my stomach that we could end up scrapping in the street [i would be the reactionary here], balancing my compassion and desire for fair play with my personal safety was a bit tricky and once the message was recieved and explained it was difficult to detach since i wanted to do this as calmly as possible.

Unfortunately vague threats 'dont start ill knock you clean out' were issued during the enforcement of my personal boundaries. I patted myself on the back that i was able to swish that away as bravado and not to concern myself over.

Unfortunately my neighbour then started banging on the walls, accusing me of hiding in my house and shouting at my back door, i heard [or thought i heard] slice you up so i called the police round to talk to the guy.

How was your day? Today seems calm [so far] but im not at ease despite reading daily from my codependency book which is helping greatly. As are my mudras
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 86 Kevin. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Well Day 88. Things back in-hand for now
Old 03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Day 89 - positives today:

- 1 Communicated feelings, goals, desires and declared new healthy boundaries to sister
- 2 Discovered how to unpick something that has been annoying me
Old 04-01-2011, 05:11 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

90 days today im a changed man
Old 04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Way to go Kevin! I'm at 60 and feeling great!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 90 days Kevin - great achievement man
Congratulations to you too MIBluebird

D
Old 04-08-2011, 11:41 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, working on day day 32 here. Its a rainy Friday and I'm ready to go home.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome shegirl

D
Old 04-14-2011, 11:31 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hey Shegirl, congrats on making it over to the 90 and under thread! Keep up the awesomeness
Old 04-19-2011, 06:56 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'm back at day 2. I had a couple of beers on Saturday, ok like 5. Woke up sick as a dog. Things just havent been going well in general. Thats why I havent really been posting, I have no excuse for drinking. Me and my husband have been fighting. On the 10th it got physical. I threw something at the floor, he told me to clean it up, I said no and he drug me in the kitchen and I hurt my foot. I've just been upset and not felt like posting. If it happens again I'm going to call the police. I showed a dr. my foot and they documented it. I owe the IRS money. I've just been upset lately. I love it here but I'm going to take some time off from posting.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really think now's the time to start posting shegirl.

I'm sorry things are bad, but don't accept the 'things suck so I have to drink' premise.

please look at this link and get all your relevant local details for domestic violence help.
United States DV Resources by State

D
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee! Ur right. He still dont think he didnt do anything wrong but things have calmed down, I told him something like that happens again I'm calling the police. He still tells me its my fault because I threw something and I was yelling. Its true I was but I was at sober so I know what happened. I threw a game at the floor no were near him. He kept making snarky comments until I just freaked. I mean one person can only take so many little digs. I feel like he tries to push my buttons because then if I get mad then its my fault. I started it, thats his view anyway. I'm still upset about the whole situation but I'm trying to break out of my rut. Been having a hard time focusing at work and at home. I just feel sick to my stomach most of the time. working on day 4. i went to the dr. and she looked at my foot and its documented what happened. And I left a msg with my therapist because he took my cell phone since its a family plan and he actually owns the plan, but I do have my phone now. Well its back to the april class
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone has a happy and safe Easter

D
Old 05-08-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thread continues:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2961569