Notices

August Sobriety Group Pt 6

Old 12-02-2009, 04:17 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
Meow

Beautiful area, Anew. I was ststaioned in Pensacola back in the mid-80's. Haven't been in that area since, though.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 AM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good Morning :)

anono...How are things going? How are your daughters?

ANEW...There's that bus! Can't say I've ever seen anything quite like it! LOL Speaking of buses...I'm waiting! ;)

(((Midton))) Is it getting better and better with each new day? I'll bet it is! :) Monday was such an awful day...not only because I FELT awful, but it was cold, dark and rainy. I was SO EXCITED when I woke up on Tuesday, felt better and the sun was shining brightly! I hope you had the same "sunshiny day" on your end :)

bananagrrrl...Yes, there was a lot of activity on Monday thanks to all the BreakFree spam! LOL :O I laid low yesterday and it was much quieter ;) How are you doing?

PurpleCat...Times up! Get out of that corner! How are you doing? When you depart from Florida, can you go north and get me?

bdiddy...You sound lovely as usual! :) Way to go, my friend :)

Ocean...WHOO-HOO! on fighting those urges! That is AWESOME! I'm so sorry you are hurting. I hope you wake up today and feel a TON better! (((Ocean)))

thirty...You sound WONDERFUL! I'm so glad you are loving your new house! WHOO-HOO!

ViciousCycle and tallcactus...Where, oh where did you go? I miss you gals!

traderjane...Where did you go to get those groceries? ;)

Well, I'm totally procrastinating. I am not interested in doing any of the things I need to do :( I'm starting to miss having a career and a life of my own...I'm starting to miss ME. Uh-oh...this may not be a good thing...Ugh.

Time to get moving...
Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 343 (permalink)  

(((groggles55))) I was JUST thinking of you and when I finished posting, saw you were here! I know you've been busy...I hope all is still going WONDERFULLY! :) Please let us know when you have a few minutes! :) :) :)
Old 12-02-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Day 24 today. How is this possible?!?! NUTS! That is all I can say. I am going to another meeting after work today. Funny how before I was so scared to go, and now I look forward to them.

BF- Your last comment on your post concerned me. The part about you feeling down and not having a life of your own. Please, do something to pick your self up emotionally. PLEASE don't go back to the bottle! PLEASE! Go to a meeting. Have you tried that? It really may help.

TB- Thanks for checking in. I am glad you are doing well!

There are some MIA's here I would really like to hear from! Check in no matter where you are at. We are like family, and wish nothing but the best. Let us help if we can.

OK, get that damn bus to South Dakota and pick me up! I need a vacation!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 345 (permalink)  
Meow

OK. Swinging north to South Dakota to get bdiddy, stop by the Badlands, then off to the east coast.....

Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hello Classmates,
All good here, still sober. Been reading all of the posts, but really haven't had time to post. Glad to hear from all of you.
((OB,)) hang in there, hope you feel better soon. Just work on ODAAT, you can do this, each day does get better/easier.
((Midton,)) sorry that your planned drinking did not work out for you. I know that for me, I would of had the same experience, since I can not just have one or two. Pleae do not be so hard on yourself.
((Bdiddy,)) you are doing so well, can see and feel it in all your posts. I'm so happy for you.
((Breakfree,)) thanks for thinking of me.
((Thirty,)) so glad that your new room is working out and that you are still sober. Stay busy and study.
Having Thanksgiving dinner tonight. Had the turkey, but had other plans on that hoilday, so making all the fixing now. I can cook, but always have problems with the gravy. The turkey aroma smells wonderful t/o the house. Wish me luck that it turns out well.
Here's to another sober day.
Hello to everyone that I haven't had to time to mention individually, TJ, Anew, Banana, anono, box, PC, etc.
Stay strong.

Last edited by tallcactus; 12-02-2009 at 01:27 PM. Reason: #$@
Old 12-02-2009, 01:49 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

PC- That picture of the Badlands doesn't even look like them. Where did you dig that dang thing up at? haha. If I knew how to post pics on here I would show you.

TC- Thanks for checking in, and your kinds words. Glad you are doing well.

Just thought of something. Does anyone use the ***** board anymore? I havent checked in for a few weeks, but I do get an e-mail if someone posts and I haven't seen any come though. Just curious.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  

TC-mmmmmm..I think I can smell the Turkey from here...enjoy your meal. How many sober days have you racked up now??????

PC-I have family that lives in Pensacola., we visit there several times a year. You have the prettiest pictures posted!
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Anew..,
Had well over 5 years, then a relapse in July for 2 days. Been sober since July 31th; if I'm counting right, I have 124 days. I was very close to Midton sober time.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

TC-you are one of the August crowd that didn't slip and fall....good for you..
Old 12-02-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
PC- That picture of the Badlands doesn't even look like them. Where did you dig that dang thing up at? haha. If I knew how to post pics on here I would show you.
Google lol. It's probably photoshopped. The colors weren't as vivid when we were there, but I would think they might be when it rains.

To post a picture, find one on the internet somewhere (or from your own site) and click the yellow square on the post's toolbar. Copy the URL there and it embeds it in your post.

Just thought of something. Does anyone use the ***** board anymore? I havent checked in for a few weeks, but I do get an e-mail if someone posts and I haven't seen any come though. Just curious.
Last time I checked it was quiet. It doesn't expire or anything if anyone would still want to use it.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Top O' the morning August friends. How is everyone? Is it time for another roll call BF? We have some serious MIA's in here! Makes me nervous. I have been thinking of you a lot lately Midton. I hope you are OK.

Another day sober here by the grace of God and AA. Had another meeting last night. A good one- as usual. Got the Christmas tree put up. My wife does such a beautiful job of decorating it!

I hope you all have a great day. We got snow here last night. Not a whole lot, but enough to **** me off! haha. It is 12 degrees here. BRRRRR! I guess at least it is starting to look and feel like Christmas.

Hope all of you are well, and keep coming back! It works!
Old 12-03-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Brrrr is right Brent...thats why we are heading to somewhere warm on our bus trip. A cabana boy will not look quite as cute in a snowsuit, we need him in his bathing suit., haha.

We, might actually get a dusting here this weekend. Mind you, it never snows here. When, it does, it is a major event!!

Another sober, serene day here for me too, by Gods Grace and the fellowship of AA..and of course, not drinking, hahaha.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Morning y'all.

Cabana boys Gonna need something to celebrate with when I finish this semester up.

I'm possibly crazy--who takes a double load? Why did I think this was gonna be a good idea? All I know is I did...

Have one final today, then I only have 7 papers, 1 ppt presentation and 4 finals to go...

Why does this site censor powerpo.int? I personally don't like the word, but I can't imagine anyone being offended by it.

I repeat. Why did I think this was gonna be a good idea? At least I'll have it all finished by the 18th.

Take care,
TB, too darn busy to drink--but not to be eating all the time.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bdiddy5522 View Post
We have some serious MIA's in here! Makes me nervous. I have been thinking of you a lot lately Midton. I hope you are OK.

I'm doing great all things considered. Still can't stop the occassional flashback but I guess if you can't do the crime and all that.

I've been to the gym the last couple of days and had some really good workouts and this has realy helped me. Exercise always makes me feel better. As for drinking, I have luckily returned to my pre-Saturday mode. I have no cravings and no desire to drink. I know there is little chance I will drink in the foreseeable future. I have another Christmas party on December 12th. I have already told everyone that I'm driving and that I'm off alcohol; for health reasons. Drinking and driving is something I've never done and would probably never contemplate.

I have no problem with people around me drinking and I am ok being in a bar or whatever. But if I drink I just binge to the extreme.

Anyway I have to go. I'm off to the gym again.

Take care everyone.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

hi

glad to hear meetings are still working for you brent, we have one 'old timer' called 'garbo graham'. he has been sober for 32yrs and still comes to meetings nearly every day and has his story down pat (got sacked from being a garbo.. thus garbo graham) he is so funny and full of all the little cliches... 'stinkin' thinkin'.. etcc..
when i was in hospital with my daughter i missed meetings for a week and started thinking of having a drink.. all i could hear was garbo's voice and his 'stinkin. thinkin'! it got me back to a meeting.. and i didnt cave and have the drink he was happy to hear his tale stopped someone picking up too!

hey BF.. how are you? things going ok? are you on facebook?

TB, boy you will be busy! i remember those days

big hello to all others

kate
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Hello everyone. Midton, thanks for checking in and glad you are back to your pre-saturday mentality. I am the same way. No problem being around alcohol or in a bar, etc. I am actually going to one tomorrow night to watch the weigh-ins for a cage fighting match I am going to Saturday night. I bought a VIP table for 4 to the event. Pretty excited! I know I will be around alcohol, and I don't even care. For me, just saying no that first time is a touch hard, but after that is over it is smooth sailing.

Don't worry Anew. Your cabana boy will not be wearing a snow suit. But if I have to be in a bathing suit, I better get back into "beach shape." haha. Better hit the crunches! lol. It is down to 6 degrees here now. Where do you live that hardly ever gets snow? I am on my way! lol.

Thanks for checking in TB. Hang in there, and it will all be over in a couple weeks.

To everyone else, I pray all of you are doing well. Have a great night everyone, and "see" you tomorrow!
Old 12-04-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I think our thread is dieing It was a good run. Bye everyone!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Hey Brent and all....

It does seem that we go thru ebbs and flows here on the board.

It is also a busy time of the year....and it can be a stressful time for some of us.

All the more reason why we need to be here banned together!!

PC---wheres that bus?
Old 12-04-2009, 08:52 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

Ebbs and flows is correct, I've noticed that.

Well, I took that one test, so now I only have 7 classes left to complete... largely kickback-easy unless I fail to do something the time-management style... and I'm *bad* at "time management." A big part of the problem is I do well under pressure, and do nothing without it. I've tried to change this, but have largely been unsuccessful at it. This spring I have a new theory I'm going to try. Kind of a "harm reduction" for procrastinators. Yes, I got the idea from a methadone clinic I used to work at years ago.

Today I have to clean some, (inspection haha), work on a story board for a presentation early next week (I don't have powerpo.int else I'd start making it--but the school is shut down for budget cuts till Monday anyways. Later I'm going to call that lady who said she'd call next day and didn't, and see if at least her offer of a ride stands. I'll write more of my autobiography for her... she told me to.

Maybe I'm having trouble dealing with people because they don't seem to think anything of lying? But that's not all of them... some do keep their word. Then again, I notice, I tend to like those people much better.

Anyways, take care Augustties, I'm still here, still sober, don't care about drinking right now, I'm happy--I have things to do.

But come December 19th not only will I not, I'll have the holidays to deal with and a shut down school too--and it's getting too cold to go for a 2 hour walk (essentially 6 hours without heat) to the club. Not looking forward to that week at all, or the ones after it--I have about 6 weeks off, and this campus will empty out too. So maybe more lonely (no people) maybe less lonely (no people to see talking to each other).

Take care, I'll read later. Hungry now. Studying makes me hungrier than manual labor, which I can't fathom but don't have to 'cause its not on a test.
TB