Notices

August Sobriety Group Pt 6

Old 11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Ooh (((anono)))...I missed you too! How are your girls doing? I've been thinking of you. Are you ready for another adventure on the bus? I think we could all use a break from real life for a while :)
Old 11-30-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

There seems to be a bit of momentum building with some old posters popping in and talk of the purple bus again.

As for me. I got through my first day of work ok but still incredibly anxious about what I did but can't remember. I do remember that I could have died. I was on my way back and was walking through a shopping mall car park. I fell and couldn't for the life of me get back up. My wife wouldn't answer her phone, despite me calling her numerous times. She was apparently sound asleep. It was freezing and I almost gave up on trying to get up and almost decided to go to sleep. I was probably half asleep when I managed to hoist my sloshed body up. Terrifying really.

Today I went to the gym. I really didn't have the will to but had a decent workout and it has improved my mental state. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have lost my anxiety.

I've been reading BDiddy's posts with interest recently. God is so important and helpful to him. In my despair I have been praying over the last few days, making pacts with the big fella in the hope he'll have time to agree to them. I was raised catholic and was a regular church-goer until I was about 19. I've lapsed badly since then but it is something which has left a gap in my life. Not living in a Christian country, nor a particularily religious country I do have a bit of a problem filling this gap. Being soothed spiritually is something I feel might help me. It's an avenue that I'm going to investigate further in the coming weeks and months.

I'm also going to start counting again, as I believed it helped me. Today is day 3.

Take care.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Midton...I'm so glad you checked in :) You sound better. The anxiety blows :( As you know, each day WILL get better and better. You are strong and I believe in you. Way to go on getting right back to work and to the gym. Your body will thank you tomorrow :)

Thanks again for picking me up today, friends. I am ending this day a lot stronger and am looking forward to a wonderful tomorrow!

Sweet Dreams!
Love,
Old 11-30-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

There is an expression in AA...we will not regret the past, nor, wish to shut the door on it. We don't live in and with the regret, but, we are mindful of it, and what this disease can do to us. It leave a hole in our soul. In order for me to remain not only sober, but, emotionally and spiritually sober I have to let the past go.
good post anew... zebra dont beat your self up, as anew said, 5 1/2 yrs is unbelievable i cant even look that far ahead without a panic setting in !!

there are quite a few people in the meetings i go that have done what you have done, but are back better than ever

hi to brent, midton, bf, tj ob ...

and GO FISH hello to you LOL they do write A LOT i can hardly keep up !! the thread nearly died a while ago,but has really picked up. good to see you hear..
look after tj on that cruise

back to work for me hi ho hi ho
Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Ocean...glad you are back...stay with us, climb on a seat in the Purple Bus and ride with us. I know EXACTLY what you are describing with withdrawal..just think Ocean..you never have to feel that way ever again.

Anono-here I am winding down my day and you are starting your work day.Good to see you back with us.

Off to find the picture of the bus and Brent our cabana boy!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1830/purpleclowncar.jpg
Old 11-30-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Ready
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

You know I could swear that that picture was taken about 30 minutes from my hometown.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:29 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!

I am very behind on this thread and I am going to try to catch up today.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:33 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Meow

Hi all I'm just sitting quietly in the corner taking it all in.

Good to see you back, GoFish.

(((OB)))

Hello to everyone else. Glad that you all are still here.

OK, back to the corner for me. lol
Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Anew- I like the pic of the bus. ALL ABOARD! So is it swinging up to SD to pick me up? I get shotgun! haha.

Day 22 here sober. By the grace of God I am still sober. Don't get me wrong, it is hard and I get cravings, but I just relax and pray, read the Big Book, and it passes. I am hoping they will get easier as time passes. But my sleep has gotten so much better. I go to bed every night without my heart pounding and just peacefully drift asleep. It is a peacefulness I have never experienced. I hold on to those feelings whenever I even think about taking another drink.

I hope some of the MIA's check in soon. TB, where are you?!?! Oh, and I am still stoked about being the cabana boy. My wildest dreams are finally coming true! lol.

Hugs everyone!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Brent...I found a great pic of you doing your cabana boy thing...but, I haven't been able to post it...yet..hahaha.

22 days...wow., you are going to be at 30 in no time., picking up a chip, you go Brent.

I have been reading the chapter in the BigBook about How it Works...wow, is all I can say right now. I am trying to process all of it. I do know that for me, God has done in my life what I alone could not, and that is remove the obsession, the preoccupation in my
head with alcohol. What a wonderful gift!!!!

OK, who is going to be the official bus driver...and we need to come up with our
route...

All aboard!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

pc was the driver,, willing to take us on another wild ride pc?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 22 sober coming to a close. My wife is at the movies with a friend. Funny how as I as driving home from work I actually thought about grabbing a bottle. In my stupid head I thought: she is gone, no one would know. But as soon as the thought appeared, I remembered how silly that sounds, and how I don't want to feel like crap tomorrow. I would have thrown away my 22 days and have to start again, and I am not willing to do that. So I came home, had supper with my family, and played with my daughter. After I put her to bed I thanked God for helping me change my mind and read a couple more chapters of my AA book. Now I can wake up tomorrow proud of myself, instead of frustrated and disappointed. God is amazing!

Kind of quiet in here today. I hope all of you are well. I also hope some of the MIA's check in soon! I am worried about TB! It has been too long without checking in!

Hugs,

Your Cabana boy---- Brent haha.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Isn't it funny Brent how those thoughts creep up on us...no one will know...oh, like
we are soooo sneaky!!!

Enjoy time with your daughter. Mine just came in from volleyball practice. She will be driving in a month...it seems like yesterday she was your daughters age. Time passes so
quickly.

Where is everyone hiding today???Come out wherever you are!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I'm here. Barely fought off the urge to go to the store, just barely. Going to bed now, very exhausted and still hurting from the withdrawal.

Good night, everyone!
OB
Old 12-01-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Owner of a strange glitch.

((OB)) No going to the store, now...

I tell myself that too often.

Anyways, I'm here y'all, busy as can be... writing papers and studying for tests... got a midterm and a final this week. Next week more of the same. Week after more of the same. Then... nothing. Till February or so. Should be interesting.

I haven't had time to read through, been kinda following here and there, but my new house is perfect except for the internet... but I didn't have it at home for 28 years and I'm basically okay for it, so I'll live.

Take care y'all.
TB, still sober.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

TB-there you are!

Way to go on the sober time. I am sooooo glad that your new housing situation is better for you. You deserve a place to call home that you can actually relax and live in.

Good luck on those exams...
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Meow

Originally Posted by anono View Post
pc was the driver,, willing to take us on another wild ride pc?
Sure thing. Where to first? It's supposed to be a cold rain with possible snow mix around here tomorrow.

How about starting at Ft Walton Beach?

Old 12-02-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

PC-now you are talking...

I am a mere 2 1/2 hours away from Ft. Walton Beach...

Beautiful picture.