Morning Gratitude ~ Part 92

Old 09-30-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for other people's children.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Grateful for my niece and nephews.
Grateful fate brought me here almost 7 years ago. I have no idea how I found it, web surfing I guess, but you all via SR have helped me to learn to want to be sober.
Grateful for all of my friends who mean so much here! ♥♥♥
Old 09-30-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Grateful there's a divinity that shapes our ends, rough-hew them how we will.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:51 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Grateful for waking up without shame, guilt and a hangover
Grateful for coffee
Grateful for friendly people
May I be one of them today
Old 09-30-2019, 10:52 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Aly, I actually found S.R back in 2012, web surfing too. I'm more than grateful for the support I've found here

Grateful for being up early this morning free from a hangover and guilt.
Grateful for a half decent nights sleep.
Grateful I was organised last night and made packed lunches and laid clothes out, wish I'd have washed my hair too but I'll do that later.
Grateful for a warm house.
Grateful for an early morning cup of tea.
Grateful to be here with you all. xx
Old 10-01-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I found SR through web surfing as well and I think that was as far back as 2014. Shame I simply read various threads in those days and didn't actually join. I would be much further on this track if I had but I'm more than grateful for what I've got now.

Rusty - it's Tuesday and that's a day you come to mind when I log on here. Hope you're doing very well.

Numblady - that was some account (your camping trip)! It's not something that has ever appealed to me and, dare I say it after reading of your adventures, it still doesn't!! You should be proud of your son. They say empathy is something that can't be taught and that children only pick it up through seeing examples especially at home so you might even allow yourself a pat in the back. Good response to your husband. Actually I do get why he might have said that believe it or not. I have no shortage of friends and a husband who might well say the same thing. It's as if they just don't get what alcoholism really is/looks like.

Fearless - I can still stand a Snicker bar and not necessarily a mini one if someone shoves one my way!

Grateful also to be up and doing early and without a hangover and attendant headache, misery, shame etc.
Thankful it's only tambourine bashing on the toddler agenda events today.
Grateful for a slightly better sleep last night. Mustn't get obsessed with sleep. Ah, too late, I already am!
Thankful we've eaten the food I made and that was staring at me accusingly from the fridge (it turned out to be very boring) and that we can now move on to something more interesting. Just need to work out what that is.

Another day of rain here. Hope some of you are having the perfect day weatherwise, somewhere. And come to that, the perfect day full stop.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:06 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome back Kevin.

Grateful to be sober
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for phone call with a long awaited appointment for next week.
Grateful for everybody here.
Old 10-01-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Rose, won’t be us having perfect day weather wise. Highs still mid to high 90s. No rain

Grateful for the meal I had the last night in Minneapolis. One of the best I’ve had in my entire life.
Grateful for the sweetness of falling asleep between my children in the tent. When they weren’t fighting they were each holding one of my hands.
Grateful to have a few minutes to post.
Grateful to be up early to finally make it back to the bike workout.
Grateful we all found our way to SR. Wouldn’t be the same here without you!
Old 10-01-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

rose chemo will now be on wed.'s

grateful for my army of support, and the best sponsor
Old 10-01-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up sober.

Grateful for a lovely weekend with friends.

Grateful to get to go to Austin for work this week. I've never been and have wanted to ever since Slacker . Grateful to go on the company's dime, too, which is the opposite of Slacker I suppose.
Old 10-01-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
p***enger

^^^

Grateful for no more than I can carry.

I hope chemo goes ok, Rusty.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Daisy, my son failed two stripes before getting to brown belt level. He was so arrogant and out of control. After this, he almost gave up. It was such a good humbling and overall life experience for him at such a young age. He’s having a little burn out now and I am hoping he will hang in there until Dec. Can’t imagine stopping now with all his stripes and classes in and just his final test to go. So grateful for his instructors encouragement
Rusty, I too usually think of you on Tuesday. Now I’ll think of you on Wed too. So glad you have support around you
Rose, I’m glad my son no longer bashes on those instruments and sticks mostly to his guitar, though he recently started trumpet, which may not be bashing, but it’s definitely booming (and scares the cats)
Deserto, I hear Austin is artsy and fun!

Grateful for a warm bed and fluffy pillows
Grateful for coffee and chai lattes
Grateful for heater in the morning and AC in the afternoon
Grateful for a BAELT for breakfast
Grateful for a dentist appointment today. My second one in a year. Before that, I had put myself on hold for too many years because of too many life things I couldn’t handle (or handled with alcohol)
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful also that I discovered SR. For me it was sometime in 2016, I think. I lurked for a while before I joined. So glad I started participating and found the grat pack. You’ve all helped me so much!
Old 10-01-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Grateful I'm sober this morning.
Grateful for all of you more than you know.
Good luck tomorrow Rusty. I'll be sending you a prayer. ♥♥♥
Old 10-01-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Magsie

Zippy, we’ll be thinking of you today while you’re having your chemo. ’s

Fearless BAELT sounds spot on for breakfast!

Grateful for all of you
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful I found SR in October 13, a few months after I got sober, what a relief to meet with people who had felt, or was feeling how I did. My gratitude holds no bounds for SR and everyone in it.
Grateful for my first cuppa coffee of the day.
Grateful to have started on my rescue steroids, I can breathe a bit easier now. (That’s always a good thing. )
Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Grateful for making it through a close call and learning more about desire and aversion
Grateful for appreciating life before it's too late
Grateful for community and in that you guys, may you all have as little suffering as possible
Old 10-01-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful Austerities made it through a close call!
Old 10-02-2019, 12:45 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Rusty, thanks for the update. I've now adjusted my mind to think about you on Wednesdays! Hope the session is OK today and that you're generally not too done in by the treatment.

Numblady, wow that is hot! Perhaps I'll shut up moaning (temporarily) about UK weather.

Mags, glad you got the appoinment call. We're waiting for one here (husband, not me) and it's been awhile. And I'm very glad you can breathe a little more easily.

Fearless,I know no one likes a show off but I've had a really good night's sleep! But now I've read your post I'm thinking fluffy pillows, now that would be nice. Might have to treat myself, just in the interests of better sleep and thus improved health you understand.

Aly, that was a lovely post. I think it sums up this thread. Seems to me all of us who post feel a really strong, mutual sense of gratitude, interest and warmth for everyone in this little community.

Austerities, so well done! Close calls conquered must strengthen resolve.

Grateful to have a day off today, even more so since I actually had a great night's sleep.
Thankful it's not raining, at least not yet. Poured down in all almost biblical way on and off throughout the whole day yesterday, and most especially at the times I had no choice to to be out in it, with a pushchair and occupant. I'm trying not to take that personally.
Grateful to be sat here enjoying a bit of solitude, just posting and thinking.

Have a good one, everyone.
Old 10-02-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for all of us addressing our health issues.

Grateful not to get too big for my britches.

Grateful for some cooler weather today.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

RZ, thinking of you today too.

Grateful Deserto is going to come experience the Austin weather first hand. Deserto PM me if you want any info or recommendations!
Grateful I went to a grief support group even though I didn’t feel like I needed it. It was so helpful to hear people saying things I thought.
Grateful the co-chairs are two women who also have decades of sobriety, worked the AA program, and were able to talk to me about that as well. They are the first and only people other than you all who it even occurred to that his death was a test to my sobriety. That is a bad sentence but hopefully it makes sense.
Grateful to a friend/colleague who stayed with the kids so I could go.
Grateful to my daughter who gets herself up on time or early every day and is probably about twice as independent as her older brother.
Grateful for how sweet and happy my son was after spending the evening with my friend. She was able to focus attention on both kids and with him learned about his Minecraft worlds. He wouldn’t go to bed because he wanted to “talk to the adults”.
Grateful for all of you and that we stumbled in here.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

thanks everyone

grateful to dig deep