FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Grateful to be alive
Grateful my wife still loves me
Grateful to get another chance to get it right!
Old 10-16-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Aly I am so bummed for you you are ill. Hope you can get some clarity on what’s going on.
Grateful to see so many people here. Nonsensical, Waterox, Pouncer, and more!
Grateful NC is also one of them and she hit 1 year 9 months.
Grateful it finally and REALLY rained. It was a powerful storm that destroyed an umbrella I borrowed from my assistant (whoops). Like not just turned it inside out but turned the spokes all catawampus (uh guess this may be a word other people don’t use? My spell check doesn’t like it; it means crooked and messed up).
Grateful for words that are best suited to their purpose.Lagniappe is another one I was just talking about.
Grateful RZ has the rest of the week off chemo. I couldn’t tell if it was a full week off or just part of a week but I’m glad of it regardless..
Grateful thinking of no more chemo made me remember a shameful drinking memory of showing up to a friends “No Mo Chemo” party to celebrate being through breast cancer treatment so hungover that I was throwing up every 20 minutes or so. It was so self absorbed and I think hurtful.
Grateful I no longer and never ever have to walk to an important party in someone’s life throwing up into the bushes along the way because of drinking.
Grateful my friends stayed Sunday night even if it meant I couldn’t check in yesterday morning.
Grateful to be with all of you.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

rose, grateful for the italian pastry shop down the street

grateful for pasticciotti
Old 10-16-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Grat Packers
Saw this and just had to share it with you. How true....

Sorry you lost your post Fearless, I'm very good at doing that.

Oh wow Hevyn, you've managed to fit in your old jeans and after eating all that cake with the Whiners, I'm well jel. I bet you look great in them.

Glad you had such a lovely day yesterday Rose and I hope you have a nice lunch with your friend today. I've been looking everywhere for a good waterproof coat but had no joy as yet.

Welcome Nonsensical, good to have you join us.

Aly, my love, I hope you are okay, thinking about you. xx

Grateful to be sober again today.
Grateful Mr D.B is feeling better, hopefully he'll be back to work tomorrow ( from under my feet, lol). He isn't the best patient.
Grateful the rain has stopped and the sun is shining.
Grateful to peg my washing out.
Grateful for a good cup of tea.
Grateful to be productive and pack my summer clothes away.
Grateful to be here with you all.
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 10-16-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Grateful for another hangover-free morning.
Old 10-16-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Aly - Hoping you are feeling better today?
Rose - Oh yes - lying on floor or bed to zip 'em...what were we thinking?
Daisy - I've avoided the full-length mirror, but in my mind I do look great.
I don't have a proper clothesline anymore - I miss it.
Grateful for a trip to the big city - Walmart, Dollar Store, & Tractor Supply.
Grateful that even though some birds have flown south we still have our bluejays, chickadees, cardinals, doves, & others. Chipmunks will hang around until the first snow.
Grateful for the strength to take charge of my life now that I'm sober. Little did I realize how drinking was weakening me.
Grateful to think of you all as you go through your day - thank you for your friendship.
Old 10-16-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, Aly
Daisy, that image really made me smile. Thank you
Grateful to see new and returning grat packers here
Hev, such a great feeling about the jeans! Congrats! Rose, I never laid down right in the shop but I did it in the girls bathroom at school. That’s a long story and I won’t go there. Grateful to laugh at auto correct which tried to change “story” to “stripy” which is somewhat apropos
That’s quite a story, Numblady. I recall a similar experience after going to a funeral, and my friend was rightfully quite upset with me and in fact called me pathetic. I will never forget that statement. Years later she went on to have her own issues with alcohol and drugs and we have grown apart. Sigh
RZ, grateful for Italian pastry shops too!

Grateful for the reliability, consistency and general uplifting feeling of this thread. I woke up with very little sleep, maybe 4 hours. Was thinking about my Dad and work stuff. I know that everything passes and as have to remember this. Sometimes it’s hard, though, when you realize that even the close humans in our lives will eventually pass. My Dad is struggling and it is very hard to watch. He is just getting older. Nothing can be done to reverse this process except treatment that will help him be comfortable and to try to make him smile with good stories and humor. He could have a year or he could have 10 years. No one really knows. I just don’t want him to suffer.
Anyway, I am grateful to have come here and right away start to feel cheerful and energized. Thank you grat packers!

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 10-16-2019 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Saving
Old 10-16-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
pasticciotti

Grateful for taste buds, once lost to drink, finally returning
Old 10-16-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Grateful this morning for the courage to make difficult choices in order to stay happy and sober.
Old 10-16-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.

Aly, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Grateful for a foggy day.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Gosh, thank you all so much for the well wishes. I'm still feeling a bit sick, but I'm going to force myself to do a few things, but I'm still even a bit feverish. It has been so long since I've had a bug, it's really annoying!!
Grateful to be feeling a tiny bit better. Grateful I didn't go to my thrift store shift. There is a woman there who has oxygen and isn't all that well. I don't want to give this to anyone esp her.
Grateful Rusty gets a week off and went to the Italian pastry shop. Enjoy Rusty
That's one thing we don't have out here much are good Italian delis. When I was in Chicago, they really do have great food there. California has a lot of different great food, but it's different, as it would be.
Grateful to each and every one of you for being here. This thread and all of you help so much and I love you all for it!!! ♥♥♥
Old 10-16-2019, 09:40 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Grateful for being capable of doing the things I want to
Grateful for feedback and guidance
Grateful for remembering both my highest and lowest potential
Old 10-17-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Hugely grateful for Italian delis. Rusty and Courage get thee behind me! Pasticciotti (new to me, btw, where have I been?) and that illustration. Wonderful. OK there's no real rush, I can start my healthy eating plan tomorrow. Or the day after. Or the one after that. Now where have I heard that before!?

Nonsensical - I would make an educated guess that we are all grateful for another chance to get it right. You are not alone.

Numblady - Catawampus is my new favourite word (after pasticciotti). Oh I'm so with you and Fearless on shameful alcohol memories. I've actually got a top ten of alcoholic memories that I occasionally put through a roll call in my mind. I guess that's me remembering my lowest potential, Austerities. They include, of course, the literally falling flat on my face ones and the excited totally tedious endlessly repetitious conversation (mine) ones. Wonder I had any friends really but then again they were drinkers too. In the main we weren't terrible people, at least not at the beginning of an evening, just increasingly stupid, clumsy and boring ones. But that was then. This is now.

Fearless - 4 hours sleep is no fun and just what you need to mentally trigger every possible worrying outcome in your life. I'm sorry your dad is struggling. Speaking from experience, getting older somehow seems to happen suddenly. Almost like one minute you're not, then you are. Obviously it's better than the alternative but wouldn't it be nice to freeze time now and again. Truly hope you get a better night's sleep tonight.

Hev - Wallmart, Dollar store and the Tractor Store. Words to conjure with!

Water ox - another hangover free day. So pleased for you.

Aly - glad you're feeling a bit better.

Daisy - I won't share with you the cost of my new waterproof coat. Nothing there for either of us to feel grateful for.

Endorse what least and FBL remember to say - grateful to wake up sober and for another sober day. Sometimes feels like a small miracle.
Grateful for a lovely day out yesterday with someone I worked with for many years. In fact back in the day I was on her interview panel. She is a very optimistic, fun person to be with even a bit of a party girl and she's planning a big do for a special birthday that's coming up. I tell you all that because she has never had an alcoholic drink in her life! Hard to imagine. It's not a big deal for her. She says she just never felt like even trying one when she was young and she still doesn't. So she hasn't. Almost makes it seem simple.
Grateful to be going to see a film, the new Judy Garland bio one, with my friend this afternoon. I find myself quite enjoying adult company!
Thankful to have had the flu jab yesterday even though it means winter is definitely on the way.

Good day to all.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Hi Grats! Sending a big hug to you all - reading your posts and positivity is keeping me sane!

Grateful for Fall and the beauty of nature.
Grateful for my horse.
Grateful to be sober.
Grateful to have the opportunity to develop and grow.

Grateful FBL has another day.
Grateful Nonsensical is loved and has another chance.
Grateful my classmate NL is here and for her encouragement to join the Grat Pack! Also grateful that it rained, even if it took an umbrella as a sacrifice in its wake and very grateful for your shared story, as i think so many of us can relate. Your story brought back a particularly shameful memory for me where myself and my husband showed up late to a friend's baby's christening, still drunk from the night (morning) before and looking like all hell. Just one instance from the unfortunately bountiful archives of shameful moments from my drinking days.
Grateful RZ enjoyed his pasticciotti
Grateful for Daisy's shared post, thank you for bringing a smile to my face!
Grateful WaterOx is hangover free another day.
Grateful Hevyn gets to have a fun day trip to the city and has an appreciation for the wisdom and strength of sobriety.
Grateful Fearless shared her story about the funeral also - I feel it is so important for maintaining sobriety to remember from time to time the shameful product of drinking, these reminders are a powerful immunisation against the AV when it tries to whisper in rose tinted falsehoods. I'm very sorry that your dad is struggling, that's so tough.
Grateful Courage is enjoying returned tastebuds!
Grateful Pouncer is staying strong and making difficult choices that are rewarded in sobriety. We are right here with you!
Grateful Least is happy to wake up sober.
Grateful for Caramel's post.
Grateful Aly is feeling the love and I hope the nasty bug passes soon!
Grateful Austerities is being introspective and wise.
Grateful Rose is being kind to herself and not putting too much pressure on herself for healthy eating.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hmmm, I kind of think I’m grateful I do NOT live near an Italian pastry shop. I think I would be in trouble.
Fearless, I’m really sorry about your dad. That has to be really hard to observe — and be powerless to stop. I’m worried about mine and hoping after his memory assessments he can get on some medicine to help him.

Grateful it rained and cooled down — at least until it’s in the freaking 90s again this weekend
Grateful to have been able to go back to sleep after night time wake ups the past couple of nights.
Grateful to be flying home to my family tomorrow.
Grateful for another day to try and be a better person than I was the day before.
Grateful to be on an even keel for the most part.
Grateful to be here.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:40 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

lookin good cour!

grateful the rain has stopped

it was rough going last night
Old 10-17-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Courage, I remember when I first got sober all of my senses returning at such a heightened level it didn’t seem real. All foods, especially sweet ones tasted so good!
RZ, not sure if the rough going was in reference to the rain or the chemo. But I am sending you a big hug either way
Grateful to remember the simple things, like FBL says - another sober day. That used to be such a difficult feat. And here we are now. It’s such an ordinary thing, I sometimes forget how hard that was just to not have a drink in the morning and get through the day!
Rose, I like the idea of a top 10 list and that’s not too challenging to do. It’s good to remember. Thank you about the sleep comment. Last night was much better, at least in terms of quality. I gotta work on the quantity and getting to bed earlier. So grateful I can go to bed whenever I want now. I don’t have to wait for sonny boy to go to bed first. Dad’s got it covered. Not that he stays up that late but we all get up early. When he was younger, he was a terrible sleeper and husband and I would be up so late to help him wind down
Is t it great to know people who just never took a drink in their life? Hard to believe. I have one friend like that too. I wish this for my son. But with his Dad a normie (mostly) drinker, and all the peer pressure, perhaps I just hope he is responsible and never goes down that dark path we’ve all been down. He already knows alcoholism runs in the family
Safe travels Numblady!

Grateful for the positive inspiration I find here everyday
Grateful for google. Sometimes it even helps me in my job
Grateful I still have three GF DF healthy banana nut muffins left. Grateful the DF frosting I made is really good. I guess I should call them cupcakes instead of muffins. Breakfast cupcakes
Grateful that today is my last work meeting for a few weeks (except for a lunch meeting next week, but that is actually fun), so I can catch up on admin and paperwork stuff
Grateful for each of you!