View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 09:53 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Daisy, my son failed two stripes before getting to brown belt level. He was so arrogant and out of control. After this, he almost gave up. It was such a good humbling and overall life experience for him at such a young age. He’s having a little burn out now and I am hoping he will hang in there until Dec. Can’t imagine stopping now with all his stripes and classes in and just his final test to go. So grateful for his instructors encouragement
Rusty, I too usually think of you on Tuesday. Now I’ll think of you on Wed too. So glad you have support around you
Rose, I’m glad my son no longer bashes on those instruments and sticks mostly to his guitar, though he recently started trumpet, which may not be bashing, but it’s definitely booming (and scares the cats)
Deserto, I hear Austin is artsy and fun!

Grateful for a warm bed and fluffy pillows
Grateful for coffee and chai lattes
Grateful for heater in the morning and AC in the afternoon
Grateful for a BAELT for breakfast
Grateful for a dentist appointment today. My second one in a year. Before that, I had put myself on hold for too many years because of too many life things I couldn’t handle (or handled with alcohol)
Grateful for sobriety
Grateful also that I discovered SR. For me it was sometime in 2016, I think. I lurked for a while before I joined. So glad I started participating and found the grat pack. You’ve all helped me so much!