View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Rose335

I found SR through web surfing as well and I think that was as far back as 2014. Shame I simply read various threads in those days and didn't actually join. I would be much further on this track if I had but I'm more than grateful for what I've got now.

Rusty - it's Tuesday and that's a day you come to mind when I log on here. Hope you're doing very well.

Numblady - that was some account (your camping trip)! It's not something that has ever appealed to me and, dare I say it after reading of your adventures, it still doesn't!! You should be proud of your son. They say empathy is something that can't be taught and that children only pick it up through seeing examples especially at home so you might even allow yourself a pat in the back. Good response to your husband. Actually I do get why he might have said that believe it or not. I have no shortage of friends and a husband who might well say the same thing. It's as if they just don't get what alcoholism really is/looks like.

Fearless - I can still stand a Snicker bar and not necessarily a mini one if someone shoves one my way!

Grateful also to be up and doing early and without a hangover and attendant headache, misery, shame etc.
Thankful it's only tambourine bashing on the toddler agenda events today.
Grateful for a slightly better sleep last night. Mustn't get obsessed with sleep. Ah, too late, I already am!
Thankful we've eaten the food I made and that was staring at me accusingly from the fridge (it turned out to be very boring) and that we can now move on to something more interesting. Just need to work out what that is.

Another day of rain here. Hope some of you are having the perfect day weatherwise, somewhere. And come to that, the perfect day full stop.