Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-13-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I fondly remember Mary Quant & the mod movement too. Fun times - little did we know what lay ahead.
Rose - I hope you manage to have one suitcase. I always fail. It's all the extra stuff that kills it - cosmetics & things. I finally learned to roll some clothes, rather than fold. Have fun!
Aly - Thoughts are with you as you get those injections.
Zip - hoping all will be ok - we couldn't do without you.
Deserto considered a robe - Hev considered putting blankie back on bed. Crazy for August - usually so hot & needing AC.
Grateful to have spotted 3 baby racoons up in tree last night. It was such a thrill - they were looking straight at us as we sat on the deck.
Grateful that I'm no longer numb & missing special things.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful to finally check in. It’s morning somewhere!
Rose, you make me laugh . I realized I’ve been in denial about the amount of ironing I do. I did more this morning. A pair of shorts and another t-shirt. Who does that? Well at least I don’t iron underwear -mine or anyone else’s in the house.
FBL, agreed. A little over 2-1/2 years in and my working memory seems better than ever
On the plants, I stick to succulents or fake kinds, even fake succulents. Anything else that blooms in the garden was already here and established long ago.
Rz, you’ve probably had your appt by now. I hope it went well. Sending good vibes
Grateful for a productive morning. Got work stuff done and in between got passport applications done and husband and I met with someone to finalize Will and trust docs. Such a good feeling
Grateful to give a little money to a homeless family at the grocery store parking lot. I don’t do this very often. They had a baby, the wife seemed lovely, and the husband was playing violin beautifully. It was both sad and heartwarming.
Grateful to give the gardener our old lawn mower and a patio set. These things had been given to us years ago and it was nice that he could make use of them or give away to someone else.
Grateful to finally spend some time relaxing and unwinding.
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-13-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rose, I hope you manage one small suitcase. I’m terrible at packing, always take too much stuff.

Hev, I saw on Poirot that he rolled trousers up for packing into a suitcase and I think they are taught it in the forces here too! It’s a great idea!

Rusty, thinking of you

Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for being sober
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful we have refuse collections and don’t have to cart the rubbish to the recycle ourselves.
Old 08-13-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Enjoy your holiday Rose, I hope you get some good weather. I'm not the best at sleeping either, a full night would be good.

I hope you had a better nights sleep last night Numblady.

I hope all goes well for you today Rusty.

You're in my thoughts Aly, I hope your epidurals do the trick. xx

Hevyn, I roll my clothes now when packing, it makes life so much easier doesn't it.

Numblady, I iron shorts and tee shirts too, not underwear though, or towels. ever. My mum does, crazy lady that she is. So kind of you to give money to a homeless family, I'm sure they will have appreciated it.

Grateful to wake up sober and present and with no feelings of all consuming guilt.
Grateful to be the only one awake at the moment, my favourite time of day.
Grateful to have a wash load on the go.
Grateful for my new p.j's, a friend gave them to me because she bought them and they are too small for her ( not bragging here). They are brand new and so pretty, white with pink flamingo's.
Grateful to see that my passion flower has fruit on it.
Grateful to be taking the 3 g.kiddo's to the cinema this morning to watch 'Lion King.' It's pouring down out there, so it will pass the morning away nicely.
Grateful Hevyn spotted 3 baby raccoons up a tree, how lovely, I'm very envious.
Grateful for my life.
Grateful to to you all for being part of my journey.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:04 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Anaya - totally agree with what you said: grateful to be hopeful. However carefully I rewrote my drinking times I could never claim they brought me hope.

Daisy and Hev - it was so interesting to see the Mary Quant exhibition. There was lots of projected newsreel showing people actually wearing the clothes back in the day and honestly it looked like a forgotten time. Prompted a few memories especially since I actually lived quite near thenV&A back then, albeit in a lowly bedsit!

Numblady - you pack a lot into a day. I admire that and you surely couldn't do that if you were still in drinking mode.

I've followed advice given here and rolled my clothes (if it's good enough for Poirot it's good enough for me). What an excellent idea that was and I've managed to get everything in one small case.

Aly and Rusty - just to say I hope the health related matters you are facing this week prove totally positive.

Grateful to be going off on holiday, I think. I'm flying on my own which is unusual for me and that makes me a bit pathetically nervous.
Grateful to have done all the boring chores and house admin stuff. Fearless, I've now even freed up enough qtime to iron my underwear should I choose to do so!
Grateful to have finally found and ordered a present for an important birthday. Why do I feel obliged to read often endless reviews before I buy anything?
Grateful to be escaping a rainy day and weekend although I have a horrible feeling that's exactly what I'm heading to!
Grateful to have been allowed to share and know a bit more about by the lives of Grat pack friends. I really enjoy reading everyone's messages.

Grey and rainy Thursday here. Hope it's better out there for some of you.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

RZ and Aly, I hope everything was okay yesterday. Thinking of you both.

Grateful Daisy gave me credit for Fearless’ ironing and acts of kindness! But true confession I really never learned how to iron. I usually end up angry because I’ll iron one spot which just leads to a wrinkle somewhere else. I hate it! I just don’t do it.
Grateful all the talk of rolling clothes for packing brought back a memory of spending my junior year abroad in Germany, and how I learned to roll my clothes to save space—I think from a friend who was an avid backpacker/camper. I had to pack everything I was going to wear into a large duffel bag. Oh to be younger!
Grateful I am not the only person who struggles with overpacking.
Grateful to think fondly of my year in Munich. Way too much drinking but do have amazing memories. For some reason just now I was reminded of how happy I was to get back into the US. I got to the Atlanta airport and it seemed like a wonderland. I went to get, of all things, Taco Bell.
Grateful to have had the chance to experience travel and adventures of various kinds.
Grateful for a good night of sleep. It was heavenly.
Grateful to have some extra time to post.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

well family

not the best of news

it appears the big C

they will only confirm it after a biopsy ot two

grateful my attitude remains, i'm ok for today!
Old 08-14-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful for laundry, because it means I can buy my children clothes.

I am grateful that I have to make breakfast lunch and dinner for my family everyday, because it means I can buy them food.

I am grateful that I have to clean my house, because I have a roof over my family's head.

I am grateful that I have to go to work, because I am employed!

And I am SO VERY grateful that I work at home, because I can get a lot of these things done during the day so I can spend the evenings with my children.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:17 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
p***enger

Rusty, I'm grateful that you share this here and share your company and support all over SR.
Old 08-14-2019, 08:46 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober. Grateful that Rusty can share his concerns.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Oh, Rusty! I am sorry to hear about this news. I am hoping that whatever type of C it is, perhaps it’s caught in early stages and highly treatable. I know it doesn’t take the pain or anxiety away, and regardless my thoughts are really with you now and I am sending positive vibes as you find out more about your prognosis and treatment and go through this phase.
Grateful to see Courage and imjustjen
Grateful Hev saw baby raccoons. Though they go through our trash and can be vicious, raccoons are absolutely adorable. Rose, enjoy your holiday and solitary travel. I wish I had read these posts before packing for my own trip last night and this morning. If I had, I would be rolling my clothes. I will do so when packing for return. Grateful I am still managing to carry one bag, which I don’t have to check, thanks in part to new luggage I bought at Marshall’s and partly due to not being such a pack rat this time.
Grateful to be excited about this first trip by myself for more than two nights since getting sober the last time (and expectedly truly the last time). The last trip was a girls get away to Mexico. I had been sober for a while before the trip, but I wasn’t committed to permanent sobriety. I had decided to drink but planned only a little bit, then return home sober. My friends and I were pretty much drunk from the start, which began with blood Mary’s at the airport at 10 am. Four days into the trip, I was done. Forever. I knew when I woke up it was the last time I would ever drink. I endured three more days going through withdrawals and just trying to keep it together, pretending to enjoy myself. It was pretty horrible. I’m no longer friends with two of these gals. I stopped drinking but their drinking escalated, and we simply drifted apart.
Grateful that I have no desire to drink at the airport or anywhere or at anytime on this trip. Grateful my friendship circle has changed for the better.
Grateful to be excited about learning something new with the work part of my trip, and to be seeing one of my closest friends at the end. She moved away a couple years ago. She was sober when I met her, and now has I think 15 years sobriety. We have both been through a lot together in the time we’ve known each other
Grateful for all of your posts and expressions of gratitude.
Grateful for Rusty’s upbeat attitude, one day at a time and inspiration

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 08-14-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Grammar and typos
Old 08-14-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful my car sold so quickly.
Old 08-14-2019, 12:22 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Rusty, you are in my heart and in my prayers. In fact I want to go to church on Thursday and I will light a candle for you. Peace and love to you. ♥♥♥
Grateful things went well with my epidural and thank you all for your concern. The only side effect is soreness at the injection site and I have a massive headache. They say it's normal and should go away, I hope! Thank you for all the well wishes. It means a lot. You are are the best! xxxooo
Old 08-14-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Offering a prayer for Rusty Zipper;
grateful for this staunch community.

Old 08-14-2019, 01:09 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

bump
Old 08-14-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I had no power all day - just stopping in to see how everyone's doing.
Zip - I am going to start praying so hard. You are so important to us, and to me personally. I'm grateful you are open about it. Love you so much.
Grateful it went well, Aly. Hope you feel much better soon.
Grateful for this thread.
Old 08-14-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Grateful to have arrived in Chicago safely. Flying always makes me nervous. We were in a holding pattern, circling for 10 min or so because of thunder storms on the ground. Of course that made me more nervous
Grateful for a nice Uber driver
Grateful I’m on a sugar rush instead of a wine buzz. I ate the chocolate covered almonds in the room (every last one) instead of opening the Cabernet. I had a fleeting thought about pouring a glass. So grateful that passed.
Grateful to remember this is actually not my first time traveling alone since getting sober - I have visited my Dad in TX. But it’s my first time on a work trip for this many nights. I have always associated work trips with consuming large amounts of alcohol. When my son was younger, getting away for work was a chance to escape into both workaholism and alcoholism, ironically often at the same time. There’s always the fancy post work meeting dinners and bar hoping too. So glad I’m not required to attend this part.
Grateful I don’t travel like this for work much anymore because I asked my boss not to give me these types of accounts so I can focus on family. Grateful he’s an understanding good boss
Grateful there is a nice fitness center here so I can go use it and work off those chocolate covered almonds!
Grateful that except for the fleeting urge, I feel confident and strong in my sobriety
Grateful I’m seeing my sober friend Friday
Grateful for the grat pack and always being here!

Thinking of you, RZ!
Old 08-14-2019, 10:18 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rusty Zippy thinking of you love ’s

Hev, pleased you’ve got your power back on. I do all sorts of daft things if our power goes off unexpectedly. Tv goes off so I say oh I’ll make a cuppa , I’m a silly girlie sometimes

Grateful Aly’s epidural wasn’t too bad and praying her headache diminishes
Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for the peace and quiet of the morning.