Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-29-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Numblady - I loved the thought of your daughter spontaneously doing a little dance in the street. A special moment in time - good that you witnessed it.
Rose - Well done for keeping the zoo shop expenditure down. I once took my son & friends to the Bronx Zoo - one of them got sick & I had to purchase a new t-shirt and shorts for him. You can imagine the cost of these items from the gift shop.
Fearless - I love that tiny elephant.
Oh, ok - taken in, but not in the house. I was thinking that might've been a challenge.
Daisy - Beautiful pic of the zoo elephants!
Grateful for a clear head and eyes wide open. Sober is the new drunk?
Grateful to read of everyone's adventures & interesting thoughts.
Grateful for a visit from a raccoon last night. He came up on the deck and scratched at the door....I thought MrHev might let him in!
Grateful I no longer practice self-sabotage.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Fearless and Daisy, thank you so much for the elephants!!! I love them so much! I love you all so much too!!!♥♥♥
Grateful for the Grat Pack!
Rusty
Old 08-29-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Congrats on 601 (now 603) days Numblady! And 16 years smoke free Caramel!

It's not morning, but I haven't had a chance to post. Grateful it's Thursday afternoon and the three-day weekend is almost here.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for daisy’s Elephants from the zoo. Love them.
Grateful Numblady is sticking to her guns at work and the joy of watching her daughter spontaneously dance in the street
Grateful Rose gets to see her granddaughter most week days and watching her grow into a young woman and grow mentally.
Grateful Aly’s headache has gone, hopefully for good!
Grateful for being with like minded people in the Grat Pack
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for a roof over my head
Grateful for freedom of choice
Grateful, so grateful I’m sober and have another sober day.
Old 08-30-2019, 12:00 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Numblady - I love that unselfconsciousness stage that children/young people go through as well. Somehow restores your faith in humanity.

Daisy - I'm a big fan of York. I hope a visit to Betty's is on the itinerary! I loved that elephant photo. I think I must plan a visit to Chester Zoso as soon as my granddaughter is old enough.

Fearless - I wish you a lovely spa day with girlfriends. Nice outing to have planned.

Hevyn - I assume we are talking designer prices!

Grateful for a reasonable night's sleep. Long day yesterday, involving dinner out as well as an excessive amount of time in a playground!.
Very grateful - again - not to have had a drink with dinner yesterday. I was with a couple of sociable, fun friends, someone I've met before, and one of my sisters, all of whom enjoyed wine with their meal. I definitely felt like the odd one out, not in a way that made me think seriously that I'd join them, but as if somehow my non-drinking presence introduced a slight sense of awkwardness. That could have been my imagination of course and it's neither here nor there really but that's how it felt to me. Anyway it's done and it's another minor hurdle dealt with.
Grateful today is my last day of toddler care for this week. So looking forward to a lie-in tomorrow.
Very thankful for the NHS. One of my other sisters has recently had a health issue that may be significant, hopefully not. The day after she saw her GP she was at the hospital (yesterday) where she had a series of tests throughout the day and was given the results within a couple of hours. So far so good although she has to have a couple more on Monday. That's an impressive time scale.
Grateful to be posting here with you all. And I'd like to steal that grat of Courage's and add grateful for smiles.
Old 08-30-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Grateful for Friday (TGIF!!) and to look forward to a holiday weekend at home - not at work. Crossing fingers for good weather!
Old 08-30-2019, 03:28 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Fearless that was an impressive phone post! You’ll have to tell me how you got past the litter box issues. We are having some challenges in our home. So disgusting.
D’oh! Forget everything else I meant to say to people already ... tired brain
Grateful there’s a 3 day weekend. Sadly, mainly hoping it will allow me to catch up some at work.
Grateful I again stuck to my guns and stuck up for myself at work even though it made a couple of people unhappy with me.
Grateful for my second-in-command being back from vacation.
Grateful to be working from home for a while in the morning to get some chairs looked at.
Grateful to know I will get through this rough patch.
Grateful to be able to come here and vent and whine even while expressing gratitude
Old 08-30-2019, 05:15 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

perfecy cour! lol

grateful for the attitude of gratitude
Old 08-30-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Yes, Rusty on the attitude of gratitude!
You’re welcome, Aly . Love you so much too!
Rose, awesome again getting through that. I don’t know that I would have been able to handle all the social outings you’ve been to early in my sobriety. I hope your sister is ok
Hev, I like that - sober is the new drunk. Reminds me of a party I went to a year ago. I was being goofy doing my imitation of Elaine on Seinfeld dancing, and someone I didn’t know asked me what was in my drink as he’d like the same. . Lol. No need to have alcohol to be silly and fun (or weird?)
Numblady, the litter box crisis was such a hard time. We had just adopted Daisy, and Charlie became very territorial. He would stalk her while she was trying to go and scare her off, so she’d end up in some corner or poop running down the stairs. Then Charlie would poop right outside the litter box just to get back at us for getting another cat. Let’s see. What did we do? Tried different types of litter. We had consultations with our vet. We set up 3 litter boxes in the house so Daisy had other options. For a while, we tried alternating quarantining Daisy and Charlie in separate bathrooms (a week each) with their own supply of everything (we’d visit regularly to give treats and love). This helped each get over territorial issues with the house. Mainly, though, I think it just took time - like over a year. A good reminder that all things pass

Grateful to be up and make some really yummy paleo fig bars from an online recipe
Grateful for another monopoly game last night, and conversation about life lessons - investing early, not putting all your eggs in one basket, think long term
Grateful this made me think about my own spending and saving, and to increase my 401k contribution. I need to catch up!
Grateful to be going to dinner with a good nondrinking friend tonight
Grateful it’s Friday and a long weekend
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-30-2019, 07:01 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for family. Never woulda seen that coming
Old 08-30-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Grateful for a holiday weekend where the thought of drinking isn't even a consideration anymore.
Old 08-30-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-30-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - I'm glad your sister is getting excellent care - hoping all will be well.
Deserto & all who have a holiday from work - enjoy your time off.
Fearless - Indeed we can be silly, fun & weird without alcohol's assistance.
Grateful that my Florida friends have opted to leave the area. (Hurricane Dorian)
Grateful to be sober & therefore able to take on whatever comes my way.
Grateful for our little family on this thread.
Old 08-30-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to walk Billie on this lovely day. Grateful I can walk.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:23 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Grateful for a productive meeting at ARF last night. I'm a little more clear on what I don't want to do.
Grateful to be going out tonight with my mom.
Grateful for all of you so much!
Peace and love to all! ♥♥♥
Old 08-30-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
Magsie

Wishing everyone safe in the path of Dorian

Grateful for being sober
Grateful for all of you. xx
Old 08-30-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Grateful for rain and a roof over my head
Grateful for bed and blanket
Grateful for the smells of freshly ground coffee and warm bread
Old 08-31-2019, 02:30 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Aly - hope you have a good evening out with your mum.

Numblady - so glad you've got a little time off from your demanding workplace. Try and carve out a tiny space when you are not working (or thinking about work).

Fearless - I like that party story! I have to say I've genuinely not found any difference in my ability to enjoy social events between when I was drinking and now that I'm not. Can get a tad boring now and then when my friends who are drinking prolong an evening and the same stories come up but I absolutely cannot complain. Don't even want to think how any times and how much I must have bored them!

least - I always mean to say and I always forget to say when you mention billie, how good to look forward celebrating the lovely weather by walking with him each day. Finally I remembered to say it!

Grateful for the weekend! Nice not to get up too early, nice to have a free day stretching ahead and so nice that the sun is out in support.
Thankful for the immediate health aspects of not drinking by which I mean my blood pressure and heart rate remain much lower than in my drinking days and even my weight. Part of my plan includes making sure I keep a weekly check.
Thinking about what courage wrote, grateful to have two of my sisters living close by and to be in regular contact with them and I should not take that for granted.
Agree with Rusty on the attitude of gratitude. Not just a gimmick after all! Which just might have been my fleeting initial thought when I saw the forum called the gratitude list on SR. I absolutely could not have been more wrong.
Grateful and thankful to be in touch with all of you.

Thinking about those who are in danger from Dorian and hoping for their safety.