View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Oh, Rusty! I am sorry to hear about this news. I am hoping that whatever type of C it is, perhaps it’s caught in early stages and highly treatable. I know it doesn’t take the pain or anxiety away, and regardless my thoughts are really with you now and I am sending positive vibes as you find out more about your prognosis and treatment and go through this phase.
Grateful to see Courage and imjustjen
Grateful Hev saw baby raccoons. Though they go through our trash and can be vicious, raccoons are absolutely adorable. Rose, enjoy your holiday and solitary travel. I wish I had read these posts before packing for my own trip last night and this morning. If I had, I would be rolling my clothes. I will do so when packing for return. Grateful I am still managing to carry one bag, which I don’t have to check, thanks in part to new luggage I bought at Marshall’s and partly due to not being such a pack rat this time.
Grateful to be excited about this first trip by myself for more than two nights since getting sober the last time (and expectedly truly the last time). The last trip was a girls get away to Mexico. I had been sober for a while before the trip, but I wasn’t committed to permanent sobriety. I had decided to drink but planned only a little bit, then return home sober. My friends and I were pretty much drunk from the start, which began with blood Mary’s at the airport at 10 am. Four days into the trip, I was done. Forever. I knew when I woke up it was the last time I would ever drink. I endured three more days going through withdrawals and just trying to keep it together, pretending to enjoy myself. It was pretty horrible. I’m no longer friends with two of these gals. I stopped drinking but their drinking escalated, and we simply drifted apart.
Grateful that I have no desire to drink at the airport or anywhere or at anytime on this trip. Grateful my friendship circle has changed for the better.
Grateful to be excited about learning something new with the work part of my trip, and to be seeing one of my closest friends at the end. She moved away a couple years ago. She was sober when I met her, and now has I think 15 years sobriety. We have both been through a lot together in the time we’ve known each other
Grateful for all of your posts and expressions of gratitude.
Grateful for Rusty’s upbeat attitude, one day at a time and inspiration

Last edited by Fearlessat50; 08-14-2019 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Grammar and typos