Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-08-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - Yes. I shouldn't have boasted.
Numblady - When does school start for your son? I remember the anxiety.
Grateful for waking up with anticipation, not dread.
Grateful I found SR 12 yrs. ago this month. I wasn't sober, but began preparing myself for a life change.
Grateful for distractions like music, movies, and books...sometimes I need a vaca from my thoughts & worries.
Sending love out to everyone this morning. You matter.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up sober too!
Grateful for some things I have to do today and I hope I can fit a nap in somewhere, but I don't think so. I'm very tired with all the running around I've been doing lately...
Grateful so much for all of you and for your support helping me to stay sober!♥♥♥
Old 08-08-2019, 10:13 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Also, great to see SW during his hiatus from electronics!
Old 08-08-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that I don't drink anymore. It's the best thing I have going for me right now.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Least
Old 08-08-2019, 10:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hev, I’m also grateful I found SR.

Grateful for the early morning quiet
Grateful for my cuppa
Grateful for reaching 61.(I think!) where did the years go?
Grateful for all the Grat Pack
Old 08-08-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Numblady - I used to do that all the time! (Watch the wine level in other people's glasses). I couldn't believe how long it took some people to drink a single glass. But I also always used to do a quick check if I was at an event to make sure I got the glass that seemed to be filled highest! So many past moments not to be proud of.

Hope you get a decent rest, Aly.

I noticed today how many Grat packers said they were grateful for waking up sober. Me too. Some things never, ever get boring.

Grateful to have had a decent night's sleep. That's been a long time coming. Maybe it's the stsrt of a trend.
Grateful not to have acted on any of my feelings of irritability and random annoyance yesterday. Think it must be an aspect of recovery but I definitely felt out of sorts a lot of the day and wanted to blame someone!
Grateful to be meeting up with a very nice ex-colleague today. I will curb any irritability, should it prove necessary.
Thankful and grateful to be posting here.

It's an overcast Friday here. But also the start of the weekend and the stsrt of my 8th week sober tomorrow. Hope everyone has a decent day.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a good report from the eye doc. Eye is healing nicely.

Grateful for some nice sleeping weather.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-09-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Least, hugs to you. Can you add to your list of good things going for you your kind heart, welcoming attitude, strength and wisdom? Because I think you should based on what I’ve seen around here.
Aly, hope you get some good rest if not today then very soon. If you wear yourself too thin you are vulnerable to other temptations. Or maybe I am projecting
Fearless, very interesting about the evolution of the dreams. Mine have generally followed a pattern of just forgetting that I don’t drink and then doing various things with that.
Hev, son starts back to school 8/20. Very nerve wracking.

Grateful I went to a quick lunch with some colleagues after a meeting yesterday instead of eating at the sad cafeteria.
Grateful to still have some of the peacefulness of vacation in my heart.
Grateful to have water to give my plants when they are thirsty, though there is really nothing I can do about the scorching and relentless heat.
Grateful to be able to buy my kids what they need for school.
Grateful to be here, alive and sober.
Old 08-09-2019, 05:16 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

grateful to hear a great recovery story last night

and who could get thrown out of a jai alai game!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

((((Least))))
Grateful Hev has been here for 12 years, and for the consistency and stability of all the rest who have been around a long time too.
Happy birthday, Mags!
Hope you get a break and nap today, Aly!
Glad your eye is healing, FBL
Rose, glad you had a good night sleep
Numblady, I am having anxiety about my sonny boy starting school too, probably more than he has himself.

Grateful to laugh at my last post. I was referring to a previous suggestion from Rose and auto correct changed it to “Fromm Rose’”, which is a Rose’ wine from Fromm Winery. Oh boy, was that a Freudian slip or what?
Grateful I stayed up late last night and finished Where the Crawdad’s Sing”. I could not put the book down. Since having my son, I rarely read fiction. I have focused on nonfiction reading, much in the self help category on parenting, special needs, and on alcoholism, and some political reading which alive mostly stayed away from last few years. It was so nice to get lost in this story. Numblady, we’ll have to share thoughts since I remember you recently read it.
Grateful for great authors
Grateful that I am comfortable with my own accountability
Grateful to decide that I’m not going to have another laser treatment, at least not now. I did the first series after I quit drinking because my rosasea was so bad. After that, I’d get it done 1-2 times a year for maintenance. I really don’t need it at all anymore. Good to know that the best skin care and health care is simply a healthy lifestyle and doesn’t need to cost money. I’m going to put this money I’m saving into my son’s college fund.
Grateful for Minecraft music. When my son plays this game, I’ve always found the music relaxing. I discovered it on iTunes and YouTube
Grateful for each one of you and our shared journey
Old 08-09-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful FBL's eye is healing well.

Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

FBL - Good news about your eye.
Mags - I hear ya - I have a couple of decades missing. Happy birthday to you!
Numblady - Everyone thought I was strange when I preferred the summer to the anxiety-inducing school year.
Grateful to go back to sleep after waking up at 3am.
Grateful I continue to lose weight. (But I will not be denied 'fair food' when attending county fair next week.)
Grateful for our morning meeting place.
Old 08-09-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mags, Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady!!! ♥
Grateful for my volunteer shift at ARF today, the laundry, cleaning shift. I actually like doing it, just my back is a little sore today. The weather has been so odd here and it effects my body. I hope my partner is back from vacation, although the employees chip in a lot and help when I'm short handed.
Grateful for my blessings. For whatever reason, I feel very blessed today.
Grateful I'm getting another epidural next week, one series in the lumbar and a series in the thoracic. I need to take it easy for a while after my shots.
Grateful for all the nice things my friends have said to me. I love you all! ♥
Grateful for all of you and have a wonderful Friday! ♥♥♥
Old 08-09-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for the kindness of friends.
Old 08-10-2019, 01:15 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

least - and so say all of us.

Fearless and Numblady - hope the returns to school go smoothly. Although it was a long time ago, I pretty well hated this time of year when my own son was young since he was never one of those children who found school easy or enjoyable.

Mags - slightly belated happy birthday! I'm older than you and I'm still totally baffled as to where the time went. If you find the answe please let me know.

FBL - glad to hear your eye operation was a success and here's to an improved daily life.

Aly - your upcoming medical appointments schedule sound a bit gruelling (understatement!). You surely must build in a little rest time after that next set of epidurals.

Grateful to have finally got some sleep in the early hours of the morning. Unfortunately my good night's sleep on Thursday didn't start a trend!
Grateful to have seen a lovely ex-colleague yesterday. She hasn't had the easiest life and it was great to hear how well she and her family are doing.
Thankful to have found some TV I like. Fosse/Verdon is an 8 part series on BBC and definitely one for fans of cabaret. I have to say the amount of drinking involved is phenomenal. I'm amazed the key players survived as long as they did.
Grateful to have reached the start of week 8 in my own personal battle against alcohol.
Very thankful, as per, to be part of this lovely community and thus part of our shared endeavours.

I wish everyone a good weekend.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:25 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for an extra early start to my busy Saturday ahead.

Grateful to be present.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Grateful to spend some time last night mindlessly tinkering with a puzzle. It feels like such an innocent way to waste time compared to my drinking days.
Grateful to have held firm on some boundaries with my daughter last night.
Grateful to have survived my first week back to work ok. I must have some of the vacation sheen still left because i was very tired last night but I didn’t feel half dead, which is an improvement.
Grateful I have a body that allows me to work out, even if my mind doesn’t really want to.
Grateful things change and I can hold on to the knowledge it can’t stay this hot indefinitely this year.
Grateful you and all your kind posts.
Old 08-10-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

belated happy birthday mags!

grateful for the patience to have to wait till monday for yesterdays CT scan results