Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-14-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Rusty - I'm so sorry. Not the news any of us wanted to hear. Total bummer. If the diagnosis is confirmed I hope you also hear words like early stage/very treatable/good success rates. You are in my thoughts.

Numblady - duffel bags!? I'd forgotten how everyone used to have one of those. Wonder if they still feature when young people travel today.

Fearless, so well done on winning that fight. You deserved those chocolate covered almonds. And I hope your reunion with your friend is wonderful,

Aly, I hope your headache leaves you soon. You'll be really glad when this week is over.

Grateful to have arrived here safely with one suitcase and some relatively uncreased clothes!
Grateful and amazed to find myself with a row of seats all to myself on the plane here because it was only half full. I don't think that has ever happened before. Ultra relaxing.
Grateful to have left behind almost torrential rain in London to reach some sunshine.
Grateful to have downloaded a book that was recommended by someone here, Under the Influence. I think it must be quite old, since many of the studies cited are from the seventies but it is an absolutely fascinating and insightful read. If ever one doubted the decision to give up alcohol, which obviously we don't, this is the book to remind you how right that decision was.
Grateful to be a continuing part of this thread.

Hope everyone has a very good Thursday.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:20 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Zip, sending positive vibes your way. Grateful for your continued inspiration and support.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:35 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Grateful for RZ, for his presence on this site overall and here in particular. Grateful for his optimism, no nonsense attitude, and for all those including me who will be praying for good outcome if confirmed.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:55 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up sober, hangover and guilt free.
Grateful for a quick minute to check in and say hello before a long day of meetings
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-15-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

grateful for all the thoughts and prayers!
Old 08-15-2019, 05:56 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

R.Z my thoughts and prayers are with you, there is so much that can be done for Big C sufferers these days. Let's hope they've caught whatever type of cancer it is in the early stages. If prayers are listened to, which they are, ours will get you through this. ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜
Old 08-15-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful that my apartment is *not* the one that's causing the leak.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:25 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Grateful to walk the dog to work this morning. Grateful he recognized my sense of urgency and only stopped to pee on 3,947 bushes.

Grateful for Rusty, and sending healing thoughts and prayers your way
Old 08-15-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
p***enger

^^^Your sense of urgency, Deserto? Did you have to pee, too?
Old 08-15-2019, 10:08 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sending more prayers for you Rusty.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:49 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Thank you Mags. You are so wonderful. ♥
Grateful I carved out some time for myself this week. The worst thing going for this epidural is the headache. It started to go away yesterday and back again this morning,so I have hope maybe it will go away. Worse than the epidural
Grateful Fearless made it safely to Chicago. When I lived there they always flew out of O'Hare but I'm hearing they are flying more a lot out of Midway. When I was there, Midway was almost never used.
Grateful for out SR family. Grateful that I think the most taxing thing I have to do is walk Luke later, because it is blistering hot outside today, well into the 100's.
Have a great day, Grat Pack. ♥♥♥
Old 08-15-2019, 01:42 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - Glad you arrived safely with your one suitcase. Well done.
Fearless - Happy you are safe too. Never made it to Chicago - always wanted to visit.
Aly - I hope it cools off soon? I get so cranky & miserable in the heat.
Grateful that we're all here to hold each other up.
Grateful for a visit to the county fair today - I bought overpriced cheese & produce, ate stuff that was bad for me, & mingled with cows, horses, pigs & goats. Up close & personal.
Grateful for every single post from all of you.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:41 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rose good news on the one suitcase. Have a great time

Aly, I wish the doc could give you something to counteract the headache brought on by the epidural. Sending my love

Rusty, we’re with you all the way on your journey.

Grateful for a good night’s sleep
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for the start of another sober day
Grateful for everyone of you on our journey.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:29 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Stealing from Hevyn - 'Grateful that we're all here to hold each other up'. Just about sums up this thread.

Rusty - thought about you as soon as I went to click on this thread. Hope you're doing OK.

Aly - This has not been the best week for you, even if in the long run the epidurals improve things. Really bad headaches are a curse and I hope you get some relief soon.

Grateful to be up early on a lovely sunny day. Like Daisy I love this time of day before anyone else has surfaced. Peace and quiet.
Grateful to have found an unusually good and not expensive restaurant yesterday. Apart from the food, they did a nice line in various fresh fruit juices with soda, sold by the half-litre.
Grateful to have had a decent night's sleep! I was going to keep of this subject but felt I must share this major achievement.
Grateful to have developed an unexpected taste for books about the nature of alcoholism/recovery. Generally I only read novels but after This Naked Mind and Under the Influence I'm finding this kind of reading quite helpful. Any recommendations welcome.
Ultra grateful to be 2 months sober today. Thank you all for your major contribution to this.

Hope Friday is good to us all.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Deserto and courage, lol
Aly, hoping that headache goes away soon. The heat can’t help. This is my first time flying to Midway. I would have flown O’hare but I don’t think Oakland or at least not Southwest, does that. SFO freaks me out
Hev, I’ll join you in eating some bad stuff. Wish they’d stop restocking my room with chocolate covered almonds. I guess it could be worse. The chocolate has antioxidants and almonds are very healthy
Rose, congrats on 2 months! I’m an early riser too. Plus I love recovery books. Been a while since i read one. I have not read Under the Influence. I will check it out.
Grateful for RZ
Grateful to not be the only one who hit the treadmill at 4:30 am
Grateful for coffee. Hotel room coffee not the best, and it’s not my husband’s. But it still does the trick
Grateful to look forward to a couple more meetings this morning on subjects I’m excited to learn about
Grateful to be a work nerd
Grateful to see my friend today
Grateful everything seems to be under control at home according to husband and sonny boy
Grateful for each of you
Old 08-16-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

hmmm, for some reason i got the hanker'n to take a pee

grateful for a terlet
Old 08-16-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

RZ, ha!
Aly, when did you live in Chicago? I lived there when I went to school, basically in the early to mid-90s. I think at that time Midway was still pretty unused but of course I used it because that was the only place we could afford (I think SW had a flight even way back then that took me close to home). Hope your headache is lifting. Maybe in a show of solidarity I woke up with a horrible one this a.m. , the kind that makes you feel like you have a wicked hangover except you didn’t drink.

Grateful for Advil.
Grateful for modern appliances like the garbage disposal.
Grateful to try my best for my kids, even if I don’t always know what to do.
Grateful for kind people. The middle school transition is not starting off well for us (like at ALL) and the people who turned us on to the program offered to take our son to school with theirs. It will mean so much to him to not have to walk in solo, I could just cry.
Grateful I’m not drinking anymore.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-16-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful that urges and hankerin's made me think of the burning desire, and I don't have one.

kiss kiss
Old 08-16-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful I finally did a chore I'd been putting off.