Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-10-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hev, fair food is the best, especially deep fried pickles
Aly, glad you are getting relief from the epidurals and taking it easy with your shifts. Please ask for help!
Grateful I’m not the only one who experiences pre-school anxiety about my son. Grateful to recognize I’m the one with the anxiety and not him (at least for now), and to see his self confidence grow in social situations
Numblady, glad you kept your boundaries. I imagine daughters can be so tough with all the drama. The kind of daughter I was for sure
Congrats on the 8 weeks Rose. So glad you are here!
Rz, good luck with your scan. It’s always hard waiting for things like this
Where’s Deserto?

Grateful for coffee and a nice morning
Grateful to be going to watch sonny boy’s black belt training class in a while
Grateful for my beautiful cats and their love, two Maine coons and an orange tabby stray
Grateful at the eye doctor yesterday to hear son’s vision has improved by about .1% from wearing his patch an hour a day. He’s supposed to wear it 4-5. Grateful that son recognized the need to increase his patch time to make more progress.
Grateful to be going to good friends for dinner tonight
Grateful to be looking forward to the week ahead, going to Chicago for work and visiting friend at the end, then vacation for a week
Grateful for honesty and integrity and being focused on simply having good intentions in every situation I encounter
Grateful to be reminded to ask the question “is this for me?” and to not get drawn into others drama. Some big changes with a client yesterday could really make things difficult for me if I allow it and am not careful
So grateful for you and being one of the best parts of my day
Old 08-10-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Rose - I'm glad you're here too.
Aly - I love your positive attitude about the upcoming treatment.
Grateful for unseasonably cool August weather.
Grateful for a ride in these mountains today.
Grateful for a baby deer enjoying the berries along our driveway this morning.
Grateful to be awake and aware to enjoy nature - no longer oblivious.
Grateful for YOU!
Old 08-10-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hev, I love You! ♥
Rose, thank you for your kindness. So glad you joined us! ♥
Rusty, my thoughts and prayers are with you while waiting for your scan test. I hope you'll let us know, not out of nosiness, but I care! ♥
Least, thank you for being so kind all the time and for taking such good care of your animals and your strays. ♥
Grateful I'm getting my hair done, finally, this morning. My sister (the town alkie) owns a hair salon with another woman and she's really intermittent about doing my hair, but I was about to go to someone else and she fit me in today. I guess with all the volunteering I'm doing at ARF, it ends up in a sweaty pony tail anyway, but I do have my vanities.
Last night at ARF in the laundry room, I am grateful for so many kind visitors, like the sweet girl with pink hair who brought me water and Abby, the pit bull and her owner (can't remember his name) came to visit. She was so cute. Unfortunately I was alone in laundry and I left tons of unfolded laundry last night, there just wasn't time. I really love it at ARF and am so grateful I am volunteering there.
Grateful, at last for all of you. I have also grown so fond of all of you and am so grateful for your support. I think this is really one of the only places I do get support, and you all mean the world to me. ♥
Peace and love to anyone struggling or suffering today.♥♥♥
Old 08-10-2019, 11:05 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless, I’ve made a note to listen to Minecraft music.
Aly, we will be with you in spirit love, on your treatments.
Rusty praying all is well from your CT scan.
Thank you for your birthday wishes.

Grateful for another sober day
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for all of you on our shared journey.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:07 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Numblady, I was struck with what you said about mindlessly tinkering with a puzzle because I had a sort of similar moment last night. I was in the kitchen quickly making tea and toast and talking to my husband in between advert breaks and it suddenly came to me that I would never ever have been doing that on one of my drunken Saturday nights. I would either be slumped in a chair half-asleep and not very communicative or have woken up and missed the fact it was an advert altogether so be wondering what the hell was going on in the plot! My alcoholic lifestyle. What's not to miss!?

Rusty, all fingers and toes crossed for the CT results.

Fearless, Hev, Aly, thank you so much for your comments. They gave me a glow of happiness. The power of friendship and support isn't diminished in any way by being virtual.

Hope your hair ends up looking stunning, Aly.

Grateful for a better night's sleep. Think I'm getting just the tiny bit obsessed with how I sleep!
Grateful for a long walk to the Southbank yesterday through some of the best bits of London and across Waterloo Bridge. Quite ferocious winds but we survived.
Grateful to get a video call from my son and granddaughter this morning. They are still away but I'll see them in real life next week.
Grateful to have woken with the right attitude to some boring chores that I absolutely have to do today because I can't put them off any longer. They include ironing, unless of course I just throw out the clothes instead which feels like a distinct possibility.
Deeply thankful for the way in which my life has changed since I joined SR, and most particularly for being on this thread. Serious statement I know but to have lucked into this particular set of people seems a bit of a miracle.

No rain, no wind here today. Hope everyone's Sunday is a good one.
Old 08-11-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Grateful to be home, sober and guilt free, full of happy memories.
Grateful to see you all posting, I have lots of reading to catch up on so please excuse me for not replying to each post.
Grateful to get some of my washing done.
Grateful to have a new step great g.son Ralphie, born on Friday morning.
Grateful to have food in my cupboards and hot water.
Grateful to you all. xxxx
Old 08-11-2019, 05:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to catch up with some of my cousins at my Aunt's memorial service yesterday.

Grateful that my eye continues to improve.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

So very grateful for restful sleep; to then look out the window on awakening and see glorious sunshine and blue skies. Aah. Serenity.
Old 08-11-2019, 05:53 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

So much to say! Hope I can remember it all!
Fearless, I remember Deserto saying he was going on a trip so I think that must be where he is. He always has such funny pithy comments—I’ll look forward to whenever he does return!
RZ, impressed by your patience. Wishing you all the best with scan.
Mags, did I miss your birthday? Oh no!! Happy happy day!
Rose, I too am so glad you found your way here.

Grateful Daisy is home!
Grateful for all the wonderful cats of the world, including Fearless’. I have a special place in my heart for orange tabbies. Have never had a Maine Coon but they seem awesome.
Grateful I am not the only one whose son needs to patch his eye...I am dreading the next check up. Not only does my son freak out for hours before and after dilation I am pretty sure we’ll be told vision has regressed. Grateful it may lead to increased willingness by my son to patch and wear glasses more. I’ve tried hectoring reminders, bribery, etc. and so far nothing has worked and I can only keep on top of it so much.
Grateful for sober Saturday nights. I finished that puzzle and watched my daughter and her friend stage a performance. Singing, dancing, speeches! It had it all
Grateful to be blowing off a workout. I may not be grateful when my clothes start not fitting but it feels nice to just goof around and catch up on things right now.
Grateful to be in this circle of friends.
Old 08-11-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

thanks SR family

grateful to let go of outcomes (no small task)
Old 08-11-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Grateful for a lovely river trip and a relaxing weekend.

Grateful to have stayed out late at a wonderful birthday party with old friends last night. Grateful to have been sober and able to drive myself home and to wake up feeling great (if a bit tired).

Grateful for the Perseids meteor shower
Old 08-11-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Grateful to read all your posts. Some are so descriptive, they are lovely images, like the baby deer from Hev and Rose Waterloo bridge.
Rose, I completely agree about the online friendships. There is much depth, understanding and connection among us
Aly, I am grateful for pony tails too. Also, fedora hats for bad hair days, or days I just don’t want to fix it
Daisy, congrats on your new step g.son!
Good to see you, Deserto
Let’s hang in there with the patching, Numblady. It will be over some day. My son’s doctor said he will be able to have lasek surgery when he turns 18. So I’m asking myself, why patch at all if it’s just going to be corrected with surgery? Oh well, I keep these thoughts to myself and we keep plugging away

Grateful to wake up hangover free, sober and guilt free. Not something I could say about my husband. But at least he listened and was open to discussing his bad behavior last night. Grateful that I no longer find drinking behavior cute, funny, or sexy. At the end of the night my husband was stuffing cake into his mouth calling himself the cake monster smearing frosting on his face then chasing our son around. I would have thought this to be hilarious years ago. Not anymore
Grateful that we are taking sonny boy to play miniature golf today with his friend from last night. Despite the hangover, husband is coming too
Grateful that I’ll get some work done later today and glad that there are lots of things about my work that I really enjoy. I just need to stay away from drama.
Grateful for calm in the midst of chaos
Grateful for each one of you!
Old 08-11-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Waterloo Bridge - there was a movie with Vivian Lee & Robt. Taylor. I went through some tissues! Just remembered that.
Rose - I agree that our friendship isn't diminished because it's virtual. Frankly, I feel I'm more open here than I might be in person.
Daisy - Congrats. on the arrival of new step gr. g.son. Awww.
RZ - Hoping for good news tomorrow. We love you.
Grateful for another cool day - can't believe this is August.
Grateful for plans to visit New England in September.
Grateful to know I will not sabotage those plans by drinking.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:36 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Daisy, glad you're back and congrats on the grand baby, as well! How exciting.
Grateful I have a low key day today. After last week, every day I had some taxing issue, but it's ok. Next week I've got chores and my epidurals. I'm leaving some time afterward, just because last time I slept for 2 days. I may not, but just in case.
Grateful for a lovely day and a pretty good mood .
Grateful for all of you and you're being here helps me stay sober. Peace and Love to all of you! ♥♥♥
Old 08-11-2019, 09:45 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Magsie

Daisy Congratulations on birth of great g.son Ralphie, how wonderful. ❤️

Aly, very sensible move to leave yourself some time to heal after your epidural.(sometimes it’s not just our bodies but our minds want time to heal too)

Numblady thanks on b.day wishes.

Grateful for everybody here
Grateful for a roof over my head too
Grateful for not having to dash to work any more.
Grateful for SR.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I hope all goes well with your results today Rusty. x

Fearless, well done you for having 'that' chat with your husband regarding his drunken behaviour, it sounds like you handled it well. It can be a bit of a delicate subject when it's something we used to do ourselves.

I'm glad you've planned some rest after your epidurals Aly, good thinking. I'll be thinking about you too.

Thanks ladies for the congrats re baby Ralphie, he's a cutie pie.
Grateful to wake up on a Monday morning sober, with no hangover or shame.
Grateful the sun is trying to shine through the clouds.
Grateful to get a wash load in.
Grateful my husband has gone to work.
Grateful to be picking the grands up in a short while.
Grateful to watch the antics of my little cat in the garden, toying with a moth she's brought home. Unfortunately, she's already killed it but better that than a bird I suppose.
Grateful for all my 'haves.'
Grateful I found S.R and all you lovely people to walk this journey with.
Old 08-12-2019, 01:31 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Daisy - welcome to your new grand step son! And what a nice name. Glad your trip was a good one, and yours too Deserto.

I'm so glad you've decided to build in the opportunity for rest. Very good call, especially for a busy person like you. And thinking about health stuff - I hope today's results are what they should be Rusty. Fingers still crossed.

Fearless - sounds like your husband has heeded the call of sanity. Much more quickly than I did! Hope that's now all kicked into touch.

Numblady/Fearless - it was strangely helpful to hear about the eye patch and the likelihood of laser surgery. My best friend's granddaughter has the same issue and it's quite a battle to impose the patch wearing routine which of course she hates. And so far there has been no improvement but maybe it's a very slow incremental thing. Good to know she's not the only one.

Grateful to have done the ironing! Please note I'm not taking any requests to help with anyone else's.
Grateful to have had a better night's sleep. (Talking about how well I slept or otherwise seems to have become my Olympic sport of choice. I must stop)!
Glad to have kept my cool and not got offended/upset in a recent conversation that could have plunged me down but instead of allowing that I gave myself a brisk talking-to.
Grateful that the weather is holding for today. I'm going to walk through Hyde Park to the V&A to see the Mary Quant exhibition. You'd have to be a certain age to identify with that name and, regretfully, I am!
So thankful to log on and read lots of really interesting posts and to know a bit more about how life is treating the members of our lovely community.

Another week starts. So grateful it will be a sober one.
Old 08-12-2019, 03:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Grateful for Monday and all that it will bring. Looks to be a lovely day. I just never get enough of the sunshine, especially knowing it won't be too long until the days are shorter and cold weather is not that far away.
Grateful for the garden and all it's yielded; loving the smell of fresh basil in the kitchen.
Grateful to have made it through a difficult situation and to be moving right along. TBTG