SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   The Gratitude List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/)
-   -   Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/gratitude-list/440958-morning-gratitude-part-91-a.html)

Opivotal 08-06-2019 08:50 AM

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

New Thread Continues From Here. :)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-90-a-25.html

least 08-06-2019 09:33 AM

Grateful that, for all my problems, drinking isn't one of them. :)

Deserto 08-06-2019 10:46 AM

Grateful to head out on the river for the next four days. Have a great week everyone!

Alysheba 08-06-2019 12:20 PM

Thank you Opi!! :tyou

Soberwolf 08-06-2019 09:38 PM

Grateful for everything that has come our way this past year - grateful for trying to do what is right - grateful I'm alive to attempt anything at all - grateful for my darkest moments as that's when my light will shine brightest

X

Rose335 08-07-2019 12:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback on cravings/urges, Fearless. I really dread them but I obviously need to accept they will happen, that they can't necessarily be predicted and they 'just' need to be managed. As it happens I had lunch with two of my sisters yesterday and watched one of them drink a kir (that would have been my choice at one time) and a glass of rose wine and the other drink a glass of wine and it didn't bother me at all. That's the permsnent state I want to reach!

Numblady - it sounds to me like you have a (too) demanding and therefore stressful job. I've had that in the past and found it very draining. Hope it either gets better or that you manage to escape it.

Daisy - hope your favourite little ones are having the best of holidays.

Deserto - have a great river trip.

Soberwolf - your post. Amen to that.

Grateful to have had a good lunch with my sisters yesterday and to have resisted chocolate mousse and, better still, wine.
Grateful to have a nice afternoon to look forward to today, including a theatre visit.
Grateful to finally have had a better night's sleep.
Grateful always to wake up hangover free.
Grateful for my virtual Grat pack friends.

Wednesday already. Only a couple more days to the weekend.

Mags1 08-07-2019 12:40 AM

Thanks from me too Opi :thanks
Grateful for all the Grat Pack, you’re amazing :)
Grateful for being sober
Grateful to have my morning cuppa

FBL 08-07-2019 04:00 AM

Grateful for the new thread. Thanks, Opi!

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 08-07-2019 04:42 AM

Thanks for new thread!
Soberwolf, good to see you in this thread.
Rose/Fearless, speaking of cravings and drinking dreams, glad my dream that I sort of accidentally poured myself a giant glass of wine and took a sip, then realized it was a mistake but took another sip just to see what it felt like, then stared at the glass for a long time...was just a dream.
Grateful for all the fruits that show up at our store. I’ll have to try jackfruit. I bought a dragon fruit a couple of days ago. I have no idea how to eat it but it’s so other worldly looking I just had to have one!
Grateful for my kids both being sweet last night. Sometimes I get one or the other but two at a time is rare.
Grateful for friends, virtual and real life.
Grateful for Hev’s optimism and pluck.
Grateful for really short yoga classes since I can’t seem to make myself wake up early anymore.
Grateful for indoor plumbing (that works).
Grateful to be here.

Rusty Zipper 08-07-2019 04:47 AM

thanks ope

thanks for the splaination fbl

and grateful to not sweat the big stuff too!

Fearlessat50 08-07-2019 05:08 AM

Thank you for the new thread, Opi!
Hev, Jackfruit is a type of fruit that comes from south India (according to Google) and it’s making its way around the world as a meat alternative. I’m not vegetarian but I do try to avoid red meat. Depending on how you prepare it, and with which herbs or spices, you can make it taste like anything. I loved your post this morning!
Numblady, I am curious now to try Dragon fruit. Does it come from game of thrones? Lol
Soberwolf, great to see you here!
Rose, glad you enjoyed time with your sisters without being bothered by their drinks. That is great progress!

Grateful for a flashback yesterday. I saw a man at the corner near my house as I was driving home from an errand at a stop light getting busted for DUI. He had a business suit on, looked like he had it all together. It was the middle of the day. It could have been me years ago. I was lucky enough to never get a DUI. Grateful to have compassion for this man and hope that he will change
Grateful for this quote I saw yesterday: if there was no change, there’d be no butterflies
Grateful my husband fixed my outdoor water fountain
Grateful husband is working from home today, a new thing in our life which he will be able to do occasionally when I am traveling for work, such as today.
Grateful to be up early and getting ready to drive to a work meeting and see the sunset
Grateful for each of you, my kindred spirit friends and “computer” family as least says (or was that Daisy?)

Hevyn 08-07-2019 06:29 AM

Love you, Opi.
Wolfie - Wonderful to see you here. :hug:
Fearless - Thanks for Jackfruit info. - will check it out at the store today.
Grateful to shake off negative feelings.
Grateful to have taken loads of stuff to the thrift shop. I'll never miss most of it, after holding on to it for decades.
I'll be back later - off to Walmart & the dollar store. Try not to envy me. :)

least 08-07-2019 07:21 AM

Grateful to wake up sober. :) When I think of how I used to wake up I am so grateful to not do that anymore. :)

WaterOx 08-07-2019 07:52 AM

Grateful for a day off today.

Alysheba 08-07-2019 09:08 AM

Hev, Lol, that was funny!
Grateful to be off to my shift at ARF's thrift store. I really enjoy most of the older ladies and a few men there, except the one I have to report to, but she's not that bad. I love the people there, but I wish time didn't drag so much ;). I love it because most of the people there are so nice.
Grateful to have found some clothes I forgot about, so I feel like I have a new wardrobe.
Grateful for all of you. You help me stay sober and I am eternally grateful for all my lovies here! ♥♥♥

Rose335 08-08-2019 12:51 AM

Thank you Opi for this new thread.

Hev - Walmart AND the dollar store? Some people get all the luck,

Glad I didn't have that dream, Numblady. Although I have found myself recently noticing just how large some glasses of wine served in many restaurants are. That'll be the ones I used to drink (before going home to start on a bottle).

Least - waking up as it used to be? Shudder. No more.

Grateful to have had a great afternoon out yesterday. Lunch, with friends drinking wine but not me. And the play we saw was really good.
Grateful to have had enough time to walk all the way from home to the theatre. I love walking through London and I got my ten thousand steps in one hit.
Grateful to have a picnic planned today that doesn't include anyone drinking wine! I know it's a reality of sober life that not everyone chooses not to drink but now and again it's nice not to be mentally preparing. I'm sure the need to prepare will go over time but it hasn't quite gone yet.
Grateful for the right weather for today's plans, given that it looks like it'll all change for the worse tomorrow.
Grateful to be sharing these thoughts and gratitude with you all.

Thursday. Already.

FBL 08-08-2019 03:46 AM

Grateful for some cooler weather today.

Grateful for another day sober.

Numblady 08-08-2019 04:27 AM

Grateful Rose’s response made me remember the days I would study the amount of wine in glasses. It seemed others’ were always filled higher and lasted longer. Grateful I never have to wonder ever if I am drinking too quickly and whether anyone is noticing.
Grateful for meat alternatives. Jackfruits and otherwise.
Grateful for a bit more time in the more relaxed schedule of summer.
Grateful to have had a pretty good talk about my son’s fears of going to middle school. I mean, nothing resolved but I was able to validate his feelings of fear about change and not seeing his friends anymore.
Grateful to get a new (used) dress in the mail yesterday.
Grateful for Aly’s and others’ volunteerism.
Grateful for The Grat Pack.

Rusty Zipper 08-08-2019 05:02 AM

grateful for my spiritual vault

Fearlessat50 08-08-2019 07:01 AM

Grateful for thrift, dollar stores and the people who work or volunteer there
Grateful that sometimes I get chills reading these posts, which remind me of the past. Grateful for these reminders
Numblady, regarding your post yesterday morning, I find the specifics of your dream very interesting. It seems like it may reflect sobriety growth and progress in that in your dream you are contemplative and exercising caution. . My dreams have changed like that too. In the beginning, I was still getting sloshed in my dreams and waking up feeling so remorseful as if it really happened. The last couple of dreams I had involved either being at a party where others were drinking and I felt excluded but didn’t drink, or just being around friends drinking and not feeling excluded. I’m tying to remember the last dream where I actually imbibed any amount.
Grateful that I have no meetings today and tomorrow and have a chance to catch up
Grateful to stick to my top 3 things to do on my list Fromm Rose’ suggestion a while ago
Grateful it’s almost Friday!
Grateful for each of you!