FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

grateful for today, everything is ok
Old 08-12-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

RZ, thoughts are with you today even if you are letting go of outcomes, which I agree is no small feat. I aspire to do more of it.
Daisy, congrats on Ralphie! Love this name.

Grateful to have a stash of candy from our favorite candy store. We go there whenever we vacation and I did a good job of stocking up.
Grateful for native plants. It is so hard watching everything in every yard crisp up (and knowing that it’s just not natural for it to be otherwise) as we are flogged by continued triple digits with no rain for weeks. But some natives and well adapted plants still seem to handle it beautifully, pride of Barbados, crepe myrtle, Esperanza.
Grateful for getting some stuff done yesterday.
Grateful for choosing to spend some time not doing stuff yesterday.
Grateful to be able to host my son’s friend when his family’s a/c went out last night.
Grateful for the fact that my children sleep now, at least for the most part.
Grateful to remember some serious anxiety I am feeling around my son’s new school will pass. Grateful to know that if it’s really terrible we will go to plan B and we will get through it and that families face FAR greater challenges than picking the right middle school and getting through some of its tribulations.
Grateful for portable speakers.
Grateful for my virtual friends here. Reading this morning cheered me a bit at a time I’m feeling a little un-cheer-able .
Old 08-12-2019, 06:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Grateful for perseverance and new beginnings.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober!
Old 08-12-2019, 08:29 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful it's not a Monday morning from the past....(horribly hungover & contemplating a hair of the dog.) We are free!
Grateful for the lovely posts - I read every word.
Grateful I finally sorted through old photos & threw away tons that no one would ever want. It was a burden & brought pain.
Grateful we have taken charge of our lives.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Grateful for less anxiety today.
Grateful my hubby and sons are having safe travels.
Grateful for a great AC on what is going go be a very hot day.
Grateful for yummy, healthy food in the house.
Grateful my yongest is walking again after a week of crutches.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful for a walk with Billie.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Grateful for what looks to be a calm work week, with cooler temperatures.

Grateful to not feel exhausted and hungover on Mondays anymore.
Old 08-12-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

RZ, not sure if you are referring to your ct results or everything being ok in general. Either way, I’m glad
(((Numblady)))
Anaya, your garden sounds so nice
Rose, lol about the ironing. I rarely need to do it anymore because I usually work from home or I have clothes that are the wrinkle free type. Come to think of it, though, I did iron this morning. It was a sort of nice t-shirt which my husband always laughs at me ironing. Because it’s just a t-shirt.
Grateful I came to the office today since husband is on vacation and sonny boy is home with no camp. 1-1/2 more weeks before school starts. I am anxious too.
Grateful to see my fav coworkers. I’ll probably actually get less work done at the office than I do at home. I worked a little last night so feel good about that
Grateful to be going to Chicago on Wed for work and also visiting a close friend while there
Grateful for each of you!
Old 08-12-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Rusty, my thoughts are with you. ♥
Hi Citrus, good to see you.
Grateful for today and for our A/C.
Grateful to read all the posts. You are all wonderful and I am terribly late. Love to all the Grat Pack! ♥♥♥
Old 08-12-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Magsie

Rusty I’m pleased all is ok.

Rose, how did you know! I was just about to ask you if you wanted more ironing!

Grateful for the heating coming on earlier for a while, it was quite chilly, pre-dawn.
Grateful for another sober day...will never tire of this.
Grateful for everyone here, sharing our ups and downs and Grats.
So grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for no stress and peace and quiet for now.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:31 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Regretfully Rose, I'm of that 'certain age' too and remember Mary Quant. I hope you enjoyed the exhibition.

Great news Rusty, I'm happy for you.

Thank you Numblady, I love the name too. I've never heard of any of those plants, I shall Google them, I love gardening.
I remember the anxieties re new schools, I hope all goes well and it probably will, it sounds like you've planned well.

Thinking of Aly today. xxx

Grateful to be up sober and present on this very wet Tuesday morning.
Grateful for a good cup of breakfast tea.
Grateful my husband has gone to work.
Grateful my little Lulu cat is in our of the rain.
Grateful Hevyn threw those old photo's away, we don't need to hang on to things that bring us pain. Hugs Hevyn (( )).
Grateful for each and every one of you. xx
Old 08-13-2019, 12:51 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Rusty - so glad Monday was OK.

Numblady - I looked up your native plants because I'd never heard of them. They're all so pretty. Not sure they'd survive normal UK weather. You're right that there are worse problems than hoping you've chosen the right middle school but that doesn't stop it from being an agonising decision and an agonising time. Really hope it turns out well.

Oh Hevyn brave move to sort through old photos and to do some serious culling. I did that last year and it was a relief, and essential, but it brought up a whole range of feelings and memories.

Fearless - ironing a tee-shirt! No-one likes a show off you know. Hope your trip to Chicago tomorrow is good.

Aly - I wrote you a little message yesterday on this thread and forgot to put your name so here we go again. It was just to say I'm glad you're building in some opportunities for a rest this week and I hope epidural schedule isn't too exhausting.

Hi Mags - ironing request noted and completely ignored!

Grateful for a good day yesterday which included the chance to walk through a couple of London's best parks. Like every city, London has its good and bad bits and the parks are certainly in the former category.
Grateful to be going off on a few days holiday tomorrow. A trip that I'm determined will involve only one small suitcase.
Grateful I've decided to stop talking about my sleep or lack of. It's enough that whatever else happens it doesn't involve the heart-thumping, abrupt, anxiety ridden early morning wake ups,of yesteryear. Well yestermonths. Having said that, should I ever get a perfect night's sleep I'll be sure to share the news.
Grateful to you for being part of the oasis of calm and support that is this Grat pack thread.
Grateful to have only a short list of chores today although that does include changing the bed sheets, second only to the monumentally tedious ironing.

Hope,Tuesday is a positive day for us all.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:05 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Rose/Mags: glad you checked out or may check out those native plants. My guess is that part of what makes them pretty is that the climate suits them. I have no doubt most beautiful plants in UK would shrivel up and die in this heat. I also have plants that will grow but not prosper and bloom — like bougainvillea. It’s alive but it would be much happier in Spain or California. Then again, so might we all

Grateful to have a quick moment to post.
Grateful I’m finally making it back to my cycling class in the early a.m. even if I’m not sure how I’m making it through this day. I was awake for a good while in the middle of the night, then with the 4:30 wake up...rough.
Grateful that my alarm went off.
Grateful for all of you and your kind supportive posts.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful to discover that recovery is progressive.

Grateful to continue to learn and grow.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Grateful to be employed and that there's always plenty of work waiting to be done.
Grateful for the fruit and veggies family members so generously shared. We may be passing some along to neighbors as well.
Grateful that it is still summer; loving the sunshine and weather. Fall will be here soon enough.
Grateful for peace of mind and to be hopeful.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:34 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

just for the day fearless

grateful i have to meet with the doctors today at 2pm

grateful more will be revealed
Old 08-13-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Grateful for the first cool intimation of fall this morning. Deserto considered a robe
Old 08-13-2019, 08:05 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Rusty, I'll be thinking about you for your 2 appt. Praying all goes well for my friend.♥
Thank you so much for the kind thoughts today. I appreciate them so much. I don't usually get nervous for these type of things, but I'm a little edgy this morning. I have to have two epidurals, in two places and those things hurt. I've developed a kind of, all I can call it is a meditative state, whatever it is I do, helps with the pain and if I am really working it, sometimes I barely notice. I am grateful I have this ability, plus, horses make you tough, he-he, at least on the outside.
Have a wonderful day all! My love to each of you! ♥♥♥