Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 03-15-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

grateful i can now talk to that part of me that is sort of agen me - grateful to the author that shared his info with me - grateful sr exists
Old 03-16-2011, 06:27 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Sending hugs Fandy - tough time for you.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:52 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Grateful this morning for -

1. Getting here, which I was unable to do last night.

2. Morning starting out rough, but with an attitude adjustment it is getting better. Dumped 2 things of rice all over my floor when reaching in the freezer for something else. What a mess. Grateful for vacuums and brooms.

3. Slowing adapting to this time change. Really has hit me this year.

4. Going with the flow on the paint situation and putting yet one more coat on today. Will buy new paint for the rest of the house. 3 coats is ridiculous. Grateful for different types of paint.

5. Son going off to school today in a very good mood despite his mom's grumps this morning. As I said I am readjusting the mood.

6. A beautiful sunrise this morning. Back to witnessing those now that its a little later in the morning.

7. Definitely the beautiful bird calls lately. One of my favs are our mourning doves that find us every year. Love the sound of those birds.

8. Finally having time to connect with a friend that I've been out of touch with lately.

9. Not freaking out that we haven't heard from the place in NY with regard to the job opportunity for husband. We are a bit impatient, but are getting better at the waiting game.

10. Faith in God and being sober and having SR to come to.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
9. Not freaking out that we haven't heard from the place in NY with regard to the job opportunity for husband. We are a bit impatient, but are getting better at the waiting game.
I was wondering if you'd heard anything, HL. Glad you're not freaking out because I have waited and waited for job offers before, and all it meant was that someone was on vacation and they were waiting, or something innocuous like that. Sending good vibes your way!

Also, good for you on the attitude adjustment. If you have any left over, can I have some too?
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

(((Sneezy))) You so rock! We did hear from them today and they have set up the next telephone interview for Friday morning. This Friday that is! We will know whether they can pay him what he needs and other details. He won't know if he has it (we believe) because one guy is on vacation this week, but they will talk about the candidates when he returns next week. The waiting - oh the waiting! At least we have some feedback and the talk will be in 2 days. I have more . . . painting! Husband bought a 5 gallon supply for me to continue. Bless his little heart.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Good News!!! GO mr. HL...s, you are just a paintin' fool....

Wed. grats:

Rules #62 and 32...
a sober evening and a sober ST. Patty's day....busy day at work.2morrow..(Match Day for senior students who will find out where they were accepted for Residency starting in July).
grateful for a peaceful evening with no stress and no problems
grateful for getting the bills paid (despite the missing utility bill, its still a mystery where it went)
grateful for relaxing tonight and not having to rush around, mindless TV is OK by me....(i'm a minutetowinit fan~tonight is c harity night with NBA)
grateful for realizing what I DO NOT want....now to figure out what I DO want???? besides sobriety there is a lot to figure out....no wonder my little brain is tired???

the "attitude of gratitude"...may everyone who blusters, waves and stomps discover it.
grateful for the attitude of kindness but not being a doormat either.

grateful for self respect and feeling well physically...i definitely respond positively to regular exercise.....it boosts my mood and i am proactive with the SAM-e and STJW every day...

grateful for not gloating over other's misfortunes....(mr. Fandy's sister has left her husband...and actually has entered the workforce at age 52)....i'm grateful that she found a job besides being a helicopter mother and i'm sure her daughter is too....

see everyone for coffee and bagel-grats in the morning.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

fands,

i missed it, whats rule 32?
Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
H

I saw this somewhere the other day: Rule #32: Enjoy the little things in life. Made me think of this thread .
Here it is RZ... Rule #32 Love it
Old 03-17-2011, 04:23 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

RZ, what IWBWI said...it's the little things!!!

like reading a review for a silly book that contains patterns for knitting 25 different dog breeds..."Knit your own ?Dog" by Joanna Osborne and Sally Muir.

i am just catching up on a March 7 People magazine....i'm a little behind these days.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:18 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

grateful for Rule #62 and the #32 one also.

grateful for some really tasty oranges and mineral water.

a sober St. Patrick's Day...actually it is my 2nd in a row

grateful for being one day closer to spring...i actually left a window open all day for some fresh air in the house!

grateful for patience and hard work, exercise and eating healthy instead of junk

grateful for feeling calm and tired for the evening.

short grats tonight, too busy...hope you all have a peaceful evening.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Old 03-17-2011, 08:48 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
i actually left a window open all day for some fresh air in the house!
I can't wait to do this Fandy... I just know how it feels. All I can do is buy new sheets for my bed, wash them and all my comforters and pillow cases to feel some fresh air. Still way too cold here to open windows and doors.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

He had the interview and they all but said he's got it. Will formally know next week after Monday. They are meeting Monday afternoon and get this - they aren't even asking him to come in for a face to face. They feel because of his prior experience, which I told you was that he worked for a company that did exact same stuff for libraries, that he is the best candidate thus far and a face to face may not be necessary. So cool!

Grateful for having prayers answered!!!

Grateful that this painting fool still has more painting energy in her. Have a lot more to do.

Grateful for the good weather to open windows to get the paint smell out.

Grateful that my Mom is happy for us and is acting brave about having us move. She will join us at some point I am sure.

Grateful that son made it to school today even with really bad allergies this morning. May be bringing him home early. The allergies are so bad this year because of our dry winter.

Grateful that it isn't as windy as it was.

Grateful for having friends here that actually care to share my good news.

Grateful for being sober.

Grateful for God and faith in God.
Old 03-18-2011, 09:17 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post

Grateful that this painting fool still has more painting energy in her. Have a lot more to do.
i'm sure your painted house looks great, come and finish my ceiling molding too please!
Old 03-18-2011, 09:45 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Awesome news HL!!!! Keep us updated, that is so exciting
Old 03-18-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
i'm sure your painted house looks great, come and finish my ceiling molding too please!

Okay. Wanna buy my house, Fandy? You need a nice vacation home in New Mexico.

I will keep you posted Reub. Did you have any feedback regarding the showing? That's the part we will begin to embark upon once again.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:41 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

We had a second showing this morning. Out of the blue, a couple who looked at our house in early March decided to take another look. The husband likes another house because it has a 3 car garage (he wants to store his late father's sports car), but the wife likes our house. We have a 2 car garage but they could easily build a bigger garage on our property. In fact, if we stay here, we will eventually do that I think.

Also, we have a showing tomorrow evening (a new set of lookers). Things are picking up and I am very grateful about that!

Crossing fingers for you HL!

Don't work too hard this weekend Fands...
Old 03-18-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

oh thanks S, but I just bought the *villa* next door to Tiger and Elan...it was going cheap and florida is a shorter plane ride these days...besides your neighbors might shoot me after i steal their dog.

Reubie, this is great news!!! i hope they adore your house, garage, basement, kitchen and toilets. my brother added a 3rd garage to his house with a lift...he restores classic cars as a hobby..on top of the garage addition they also added a laundry room off the kitchen....the room is only accessible from inside the garage so it is very secure as a back door.

friday night grats:

a sober friday night...very tired as i gotten woken up by Mr. Chin biter. Fandy....he and the Pookie slept all day of course...on their very own faux chinchilla throw on top *their* tempur-pedic....Pookie is drooling at the birds and watching everything that moves...he appreciates the fresh air.

Rule #62 and #32...both are good rules to live by....and speaking of rule #32>>>>>
grateful for a relaxing evening with the window still open! i have a new movie (The Fighter) and a new book downloaded (The Lincoln Lawyer..i want to read the book be4 watching the movie).

lots of treats...(Scooby-snacks,LOL) ice cream, cashews, pistachios and almonds, popcorn if i want it and baked cheetos. caffeine free diet coke and lemon....i could have a food fest if i wanted to.

grateful that my neighbor (the old one who stands in front of the window that faces my kitchen with no clothes on and makes me barf)...seems to have left his home for now....i can only hope he is gone for another week. i can enjoy the birds and the lawns

grateful that tomorrow is SATURDAY and no work except house chores. grateful that i can try to sleep in if the cats let me

grateful that i can wear short sleeves and flip-flops...and go for a pedicure!
grateful for spring, more daylight!! and the longer walks with the dog...we both benefit from the exercise.
grateful that my bills are paid, my car is running well and i can breathe financially....(still waiting on my bathroom remodel, the tiles are not in yet)
grateful that i do NOT have to do grocery shopping this weekend!
patience, compassion and taking care of ME for a change. (or trying at least).

see everyone for coffee and grats in the morning...hoipefully not too early.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:18 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

:rotfxko Fandy! You really do crack me up.

Good luck Reub and let us know!! I'm excited for you.

Grateful this Friday night for -

1. Renewing hope in the job market AND the housing market.

2. Seeing husband glowing he's soooooo happy and excited.

3. Having a partner tomorrow to paint with me. Our son wants to help and so we'll let him do that. Wish me luck.

4. Husband and son getting corn beef and cabbage tomorrow night and I am dining on the cabbage, carrots, potatoes and a veggie burger. Sticking with the plan.

5. Our beautiful dogs and lovely cat. She can be so regal at times. I almost feel like bowing to her when I enter a room she's in.

6. Finding affordable houses online in NYS. That's a good thing. Would like to keep the mortgage close to what we are paying now so that we really feel the raise.

7. Beautiful weather.

8. Friends online and in person.

9. Being sober.

10. Faith in God and love for Him.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:20 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, HL!!!!! Yes, definitely keep us posted, because we won't be satisfied until it is IN THE BAG!

Reub, crossing my fingers, toes, and eyes that these new prospects are the lucky charm! Glad you got a new round of interest!