Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:05 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
It's hard for me to watch him implode like this. His ego is going to kill him. Interesting how he's chosen AA to be his whipping post. He hasn't hit bottom yet which is really sad.

Just watched part of the interview. He's into the thick of it for sure. I would say EGO is pulling all his strings currently and if, or when, he seeks treatment you will remorse when he views that interview. Hard to heal from addiction when there is no greater power then yourself.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

i cannot help but remember him as verbally and physically abusive to both of his wives and his call girls...why does this man have custody of his young twins? if it were the common person, they would be treated differently.

HL, the common form of iron is Ferrous Sulfate...not as effective and hard on my stomach. The previous one i mentioned is more expensive and probably can only be found at the health food stores or vitamin shoppes.
Old 03-01-2011, 10:54 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

We have a great store called Vitamin Cottage. I'm 99.9 percent sure they would have it.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:01 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Husband just had telephone interview and THANK YOU everyone!!! It went really well and they said he would hear from them again within the week. We are soooooo excited. Not often a job presents itself that is something he could walk right into and do. Thanks to all of you for your positive energy and prayers. It is working!!! xox
Old 03-01-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Way to go, Husband!!!

Hoping this is the one, HL
Old 03-01-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Crossing fingers for you guys HL
Old 03-01-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

tuesday shorty grats....i just got home from work.

grateful that my surgical research meeting for students went very well..big turnout, i looked very competant....still faking it until i make it but i did my homework and earned brownie points from the chairman.

grateful that Sammy used both the wee-weepad and the floor...it was too long a day for the poor boy. i couldnt get a dog walker today.

grateful for rule #62 and compassion..not to be confused with being a doormat.

grateful that i will sleep very well tonight, i am that tired!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Grateful this Tuesday for -

1. A husband that is home and teaching fractions to son AND Myself!!!! I can't believe how much I've forgotten regarding this subject in 27 years. Ouch! 27 years is a long time!

2. My washer and dryer that are both doing loads currently. Such a convenience that I often think about. Thank God we are past the "Little House on the Prairie" days.

3. The many inventions that I've been blessed with seeing in my short life. One time my great grandma turned 99 years old and my Uncle created a poem charting all the inventions she had seen. I often think about that. Maybe that will happen with me some day.

4. Being very tired like Fandy and ready for a deep, restful sleep tonight.

5. My life. My sober and more meaningful life.

6. My husband that doesn't believe in giving up. He inspires me quite regularly.

7. A very exciting day. We are still flying from it. I like the natural highs that our lives bring. I also can appreciate finding ways to cope with the disappointments now instead of running away from them as I once did.

8. My friends on SR. I feel like I know you people and to share my disappointments and my excitement with you is an indescribable joy.

9. My son, husband and pets.

10. Faith in God!! Through Him is where I find the joy and the answers.

Good night all. Hope you sleep well Fandy and the rest of you. Saying a special prayer for you, Fandy. I'm feeling that you may be needing some extra love and attention.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I'm OK, but thanks, i'll take the extras!!! grats and prayers are also non-fattening, except in the heart and mind...they can always be fat with gratitude!

GO Mr. HL.....teaching fractions too!!! ****{better him than me}}}} shudder!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Wednesday grats:

grateful that annoying people no longer can get to me...if you ignore them hopefully they will go away.

grateful that my work-week is over...if found a payroll error and sent through the paperwork to correct it...rather than back-track in 6 months.

grateful i am able to focus on the family for the next few days.....i need a break from my work routine...

grateful that i am sober and sane...and not sad! i am doing ok for now, up huge highs or lows, but that is ok....even keel is ok too.

grateful for Rule #62...all should follow this as they make themselves so puffy and self important.

grateful to be tired and will get another good nights rest

grateful to know that tomorrow i will get up and function and do the right thing...not screw it up.

grateful that faking it until i make it is serving me quite well for now.

see everyone in the morning to again be grateful.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I'm grateful this Wednesday for -

1. Boyscouts' night and Mom gets to stay home while son and dad go together. How cute my son looks in his boyscout's shirt.

2. MIL and FIL will be here tomorrow night and so I may not be around this weekend. Know that I'm still grateful though. Keep it alive Fandy.

3. My pets that are loving this warm weather we are having. Its been in the 60s and sunny. Woo hoo!!

4. My cat that has been flirting through the windows with a neighborhood cat. Can't believe people let these cats go outside around here. Too many coyotes in the area for me to ever consider having our cat outside.

5. I'm so excited about having the night to myself that I am going to celebrate by going to bed. Ha!

6. Having a lot done. There's a lot more to do, but I'm almost there. I made the ratatouille today so it will sit and absorb the flavors. You know what it is by now.

7. That we will have enough with the tax refund to pay car insurance and buy paint so I can do more indoor painting and spruce the place up.

8. I'm getting better at ignoring the neighbor's sign. Also have developed a way to take people to the garage while avoiding the sign altogether when its time to sell house. That's been weighing on my mind, but it is now figured out.

9. GOD!

10. Being sober!!!! Facing life head on with the help of God that is.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:44 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Fandy is reaaally busy the next few days doing the family dinner and entertaining bit.....i will be very grateful if i do not have a black eye!!! see whiners for details....sheesh! i'm very grateful that there are no cuts frow catclaws on my face...but if it bruises i will look like i have been sucker-punched.

you can't make this stuff up! who would believe me????
Old 03-03-2011, 05:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

I know this isn't Whiners, but can I do a little teensy whine?

I just wrote all ten grats, tried to add a smiley -

and everything CRASHED!!!

Oh well, trying again....

I'm grateful this Thursday for:

1. Fandy surviving her middle-of-the-night bonk on the head. How's your eye, Fands?

2. A beautiful spring-like day. The trees are budding out and some have flowers already. My tulips are coming up! (Apologies to those of you in the northern hinterlands - yours is on the way!)

3. Friends coming to visit who I haven't seen in a couple of years - really looking forward to this. Of course it means - - having to do a major clean-up ..... dog hair is the first item on the agenda!

4. Meeting a 6-week-old English Bulldog puppy this morning. Cuteness coming out his ears. Wish I could have taken him home with me, but I think Her Dogness wouldn't have stood for it.

5. Feeling more encouraged that my job is stable - have been getting some nice hints in this direction. I am determined not to waste any more time worrying and enjoy the moment!

6. A great walk around the lake after work - feels good to stretch my legs and see my dog get so excited about the ducks, geese, and squirrels.

7. Finding out that today was $1 Off Day at the coffee shop in my neighborhood! Don't usually splurge on fancy coffee but the Milk Chocolate Latte was delicious!

8. A good day at work - some very fun talks with coworkers and really got to help a couple of people. Felt good.

9. Everything I learn from you all here at SR. The support, care, and goofiness here means so much to me. Having such good company and feeling understood makes sobriety even better. Thanks to you all!

10. God's constant love and care.

Have a great evening, GP - love ya!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:28 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

grateful that my Federal tax refund showed up in one week HL...hope the same is for you. still waiting on the garden state and Mr. Fatboy governor who likes to sit on everything....may he soon find a diet that works for him....(oops)!

grateful that my big shopping is done, now tomorrow if i can fly through the housecleaning it will be a miracle...and i need so much ENERGY...pleaseGod, just this once don't let me procrastinate and lollygag...let me steam through the day with my shark and my Haan steamy mop...and get my nails done too.

grateful that all my food is put away and fits in the freezer for now.

grateful for Rule #62 and not getting worked up about my mother's condition...it is what it is....i am doing my best to make the final part happy for her...there is nothing mom loves more that being with family and i am providing that....i hope for the strength to take care of her, adult physical care is not my strong point....i can do animal clean-up, baby clean up, but not adults....but i will deal with it because it's my responsibility.

grateful that i just told my daughter how it is and turned her off, it's her issue to come or not, if she is comfortable with her decision and can live with it, that's all on her. not me...thankful for blocking phone numbers and email if i need peace.

grateful for my loving pets who i have spoiled today and fed quite well

grateful for finding a really cute bamboo mat in leopard print..very cool, and 1/2 the price!

i am grateful that we will see spring at some point...not soon enough.

i was happy to see spring stuff at the store today...i am ready for pretty flowers and green foliage.

grateful that I am happy with myself, except for my thighs which feel fat...i am hoping for the drive to work out every day and strengthen my muscles...if i want it i have to work for it....like everything else.

grateful for what i do have...i am working on the rest..at some point something good will happen....or not...

grateful i can help my friends and do the right thing by them.

very grateful i am off from work tomorrow too and not afraid it would be a drunken spiral. i can handle free time.

see everyone for fresh morning grats and coffee.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

sneezy we were posting at the same time...No bruises thankfully....Mr. Pookie with his fat plush buttisimo is fine too....no cuts and i did a facial too.

i LOVE to make fancy coffees...i have at least 4 different flavored creamers and whipped cream in my fridge.....what a treat!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Wow, Fands, we posted 2 minutes apart! What're the odds of that????

Oh - lol - just read yours below. Good, glad no bruises. And glad Pookie's buttisimo is okay

Though I was less worried about his butt than your face!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Glad you are okay, Fandy. Not the way I want to be woken up though. Great news on the job front, Sneezy. I bet that's a load off your mind and just a reminder to all of us that worry is futile. Know what I mean? I certainly do yours and my share of it though.

Grateful this Friday morning for -

1. In laws arriving safely yesterday.

2. Tax refund check coming. Already spent on car insurance, but thank God we had it to apply to that. Now we won't have that as an added monthly bill. It is great to have it just magically appear, isn't if Fandy.

3. Son has a nice and relaxing day at school today. Its Dr. Seuss day and they get to bring their favorite Dr. Seuss books, pillow and stuffed animal. He's happy!

4. Our spring like weather continues. The winds continue also, but that's okay. Its in the 60s and so I'm happy.

5. Husband has not heard back yet, but we know he will. I will come and post on here for thing.

6. Our blow mattress survived the night. It was losing air though throughout the night. Might need to replace it.

7. Our animals didn't crowd us on it as they normally do. It was husband, son and I on a queen size mattress, as usual.

8. Inlaws are embracing our vegetarian lifestyle while they are here this weekend. May cook some regular fish and chicken if they stay longer then a weekend for them and son. He's still not sure he wants to be totally vegetarian.

9. Faith in God!

10. Being sober another day!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:04 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

goodluck with the air mattress...i saw them yesterday when shopping, the aerobed was at Sams for $99.00 for a full size.

all cat butts are accounted for...and i can spend my tax refund on gassing up the car! i am very grateful that i got it for $3.15 a gallon yesterday....today it is something like $3.45 here in NJ.

i am very grateful that i am off today and i am really trying to get MOTIVATED to get the house together.
Old 03-04-2011, 02:43 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Ten grats:

1: Sober!
2: Took dogs for lake and woods run this morning...and a definite sign of spring: the geese are back at the lake.
3: I made a really good bean casserole the other night and am looking forward to having some.
4: It's paczki season! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C4%85czki
5: Temps above freezing today, in the 40s.
6: Dog that was hit in front of me yesterday appears to be OK except for lots of bruising.
7: Property taxes paid.
8: All five dogs curled up napping and quiet.
9: Grateful for SR.
10: Even though I didn't have much (paying) work this week, I accomplished several things I'd been putting off, and have plenty of work next week.
Old 03-04-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

thank you Stevie for all you do with the pups....

grateful i am tired because i did not sleep enough last night....i finally fell off at 1AM and was up at 5AM...i kept flipping...too much coffee that late in the day.

grateful that i got most of the shopping done, and i think i found a good fix for my broken favorite salad bowl....i went to the store to replace it and they were closed!!! they must be Orthodox...they close at 330PM on Friday and re-open Sunday....sigh, i do not have time to spend 4 hours hunting for a replacement....wasting my gas....amazon here i come again.

grateful that i am ok tonight, not manic and panic...grateful that i interacted with friends and neighbors all day, we are all looking forward to SPRING!