Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
In fact, if we stay here, we will eventually do that I think.
It does sound promising Reubena... sending hugs and wishing the very best. I remember when were were selling our house in town and building a new one on the acreage, we were in a crunch situation. We didn't have a mortage on our house that we were building, so we needed the money from the sale of our house in town. So we needed to sell it quickly... and it was VERY stressful, at least you are not there. We actually sold at the top of the market... good for us... but still stressful.

It does all work out Reubena.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:40 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Saturday grats:

I am stretching here, feeling that HALT way today....work through it and it will pass...i am overtired/crabby from not sleeping well the last couple of nights

grateful for recognising triggers and know it will pass
grateful for my positive thoughts and common sense
grateful for relaxation facial message (thank you clarsonic)
grateful for Rule #62 and the ever important new #32
grateful for exercise and the company of the dog...he never argues or judges me, he will do anything or go anywhere i want.
grateful that I KNOW i will feel differently in the morning and i KNOW i have to be at work, so another reason not to drink
grateful for patience

see everyone in the morning for a better day.
Old 03-20-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Sunday gratting:

grateful for Sneezy's new avatar...Love it...but at first i thought we had a new member!
grateful for my loving pets who again have stolen some mail
grateful for the 2 solid rules...#62 and that newbie, #32.
grateful for a really good day, made up of lots of #32s and a few #62s, lol
grateful for a big dose of self-esteem today...long overdue but very helpful
grateful for exercise and physical strength
grateful for feeling prepared for a busy work week
grateful for continuing to feel positive, and NOT faking the feeling.
accomplishing my to-do list.
grateful for SR every night too.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:25 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

HL, we are waiting on some good news!
Old 03-21-2011, 04:10 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Expect to hear good news at some point this week, but not today. They were suppose to be meeting on it this afternoon, then probably call the references, and put together a written offer I would guess. Could be tomorrow or later in the week. We are very sure it will happen, but I will let you all know.

Grateful this Monday for -

1. Having a weekend where we got our entire bedroom painted. Woo hoo! Now we "only" have the hallway, kitchen, laundry room, living/dining room, son's bedroom, and other bedroom, and another bathroom. Ha! Getting there with baby steps.

2. Being able to catch my rubbermaid bin before it blew to Texas today. Horrible winds!

3. Grateful to not be out in the wind today.

4. To have my son home today because his allergies were so bad. Will not miss the NM allergy season. He really suffers.

5. The big, beautiful moon this weekend. So awesome!! Tried to get pictures, but failed miserably.

6. Emailing my dad about husband's opportunity and the excitement that I read in his email back. Its good to be loved and especially by your dad.

7. Everything falling in to place and someone around to always calm me down when I start panicking about the future. Need to live in the now.

8. Baseball tryouts coming up on Saturday and son wanting to give it a go this year.

9. Faith in God.

10. Being sober.
Old 03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

keeping everything crossed for Mr. HL...

shorty grats tonight, i am crashing

rule #62 and /#32...

movies, and self- help CDs....books and TV...need to take my mind off of the inevitable.

grateful that work kept me very busy today. and it will tomorrow....

bad weather affects my mood, it went from a whiff of spring last friday to snow predicted...BAH!!! boo....hiss....demons!!!

it is too cold to eat ice cream....i guess this is a good thing. or maybe not.

looking forward to a better tomorrow for all of us....
grateful for my sweet little pets, who pick up my mood.

i'll be in a sunnier mood tomorrow
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

****{Mr S}}}
Old 03-22-2011, 04:33 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Tuesday grats:

grateful for the rules #32 and #62...
grateful for my job and students....things could be terrible but they are actually quite good, even though i haven't had a raise in 4.5 years...i still can take care of my bills and responsibilities
grateful for sobriety and common sense...it is logical to stop drinking the reasons are numerous.
grateful for the pets and house.
grateful for more exercise every day because it feels good and gives me energy
grateful for a positive attitude and kicking depression in the a$$ very hard.
grateful for hope and knowing things will be better soon.
grateful that i accept that my mother won't get better, but she's still my mother...i try to remember her "old self"
grateful that i have humor and some happy thoughts...not a sour puss doom and gloom outlook.
grateful for my good friends, both here and IRL...people who like me for me and support me, they don't care that i don't drink..they want me to be happy and healthy.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:04 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
grateful that i have humor and some happy thoughts...not a sour puss doom and gloom outlook.
Fandy, your humor and happy thoughts help keep me going some days!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:11 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

we all need silly humor to pull us through the work week.

I have a sign in my outer area of my office (right outside my personal space office).

"Everyone Brings Joy to this Office! Some when they enter and others when they LEAVE"!...along with a picture of a big cat who is suffering from static cling...he has socks stuck to his fur.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:12 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. Even though we haven't heard from them yet, we still have hope. It ain't over until its over.

2. The painting is coming along very nicely and the change is awesome! My mom said "Don't you wish you did it before you decided sell?" I would have to answer yes on that one.

3. Being able to find someone with VERY reasonable rates that is coming tomorrow to fix the rollers on our sliding glass doors and replace 2 window panes that have separated and have condensation going on. It will be so nice to have clear windows and sliders that slide.

4. A beautiful week weather wise.

5. Sticking to a healthy eating plan that is allowing me the energy to push on.

6. Not jumping to bad conclusions because things aren't progressing as rapidly as we thought. I believe there's a logical reason and that God's watching out for us on that one. Still have things to finish here and having husband to help is nice. I may have to hire a handy man if he leaves too soon. Told him that and he wasn't really pleased about it, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

7. Going to an RV show with my son, Mom and her husband. My husband and his parents will find something else to do. They aren't into RV's and I can't disappoint my son. He AND I have been looking forward to this show for months. Their visit fell upon the RV weekend. Oops.

8. Staying sober and learning to release stress and worry and grasp positive thinking.

9. Faith in God that I know through him ANYthing is possible.

10. SR and my SR family. Love you all!!! xoxo
Old 03-23-2011, 05:02 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

there is better exercise than jumping to conclusions....often the hiring process takes too many steps(background checks, credit checks)...perhaps a follow-up email at the end of the week from Mr. HL stating that he is still interested and do they need further information?

grateful that we are over the hump of ?wednesday and sliding down the end of the work week.
grateful for the job and work that takes concentration and the ability to do it. Not dropping the ball
grateful for sobriety and sanity
grateful for Rules #62 and #32
grateful for learning patience along with the *rules*
grateful for not being too tired to keep up with the homestead
grateful that spring is coming .....at some point....right now it is sleeting outside & thundering...not much longer I hope.
loving pets and relaxing.
grateful that i am losing the negativity and working hard to see the glass "1/2 full" instead of 1/2 empty.
grateful that tonight i do not have to take care of anyone except myself and the pets....that is enough...i'm content for now.

see everyone in the morning for coffee grats
Old 03-23-2011, 05:09 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

HL, it's so hard when these things don't go through as fast as they led us to believe! It's probably because they are still getting the hiring decision and salary/benefits cleared through some muckety muck upstairs

You are right to stay confident! AND ... I hope you get the good news soon!

Old 03-24-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

********{good vibes}}}}}} for Mr. HL today!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:02 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fandy View Post
********{good vibes}}}}}} for Mr. HL today!
Ditto that for me too, HL. Sending up good thoughts for you guys.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:42 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

N (aka Yang Jr) said this when he saw the snow on the ground this morning:

"Mom, Spring and Winter are having a fight and Winter is winning."

He is so funny! He has said some of the most profound things, usually in the middle of the night. I really should start writing it all down. N is 7 and tested in the autism Spectrum when he was 4. He's doing fine in school, he's just a bit quirky. Funny how he tries to figure out the complexities of life in his own cute way. He definitely keeps us on our toes (very very active) and has to experience everything by touch (like this morning when he saw the snow on the deck, he opened the door and ran outside, no shoes on). Glad I'm sober as I need to be at the top of my game at all times with such sweet and crazy boys.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

That's awesome Reub. I love kids and the way their minds work. Kids are the best.

Thanks for the good vibes and that's from me AND husband. Anticipation . . . its making me wait. Its keeping me w-a-i-t-i-n-g. Now why do I crave ketchup? That was such a good song, before it became a ketchup song.

Pins and needles.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

:rotfxko

That's funny, thanks for the giggle.

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
Anticipation . . . its making me wait. Its keeping me w-a-i-t-i-n-g. Now why do I crave ketchup? That was such a good song, before it became a ketchup song.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:39 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

ketchup is GOOD...with some hot and crispy french fries or onion rings! (notice that both are meatless)
Old 03-24-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Thursday grats:

grateful that I no longer work myself into a froth at work....i do not have the power to change circumstances, so why get worked up?
grateful for the rule #62 and #32
grateful for being organized at work
grateful for compassion and patience
grateful that i am NOT letting myself feel craptastic...for today anyway
grateful for thinking positive today
grateful for restful sleep every night
grateful for staying sober and liking it.
my loving pets...Pookie is the spoiled baby today, napping on HIS personal fur blanket with the heating pad turned on underneath...and the humidifier on full blast to keep his fur static-free
grateful to have a full weekend planned because if i'm busy i won't even think of drinking....and i want that to be 2nd nature.