Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 04-05-2011, 03:46 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Reub - what happened with the real estate intervention?

Did you send your house or your realtor off to rehab?
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Our asking price needs to go to rehab, Sneeze. . Realtor had an idea which was pretty clever I think. Allows us to reduce the price temporarily (a lot) but leaves less room for a buyer to negotiate a lower price than that if that makes sense... It probably doesn't make sense :-). He's going to email us with the details, then we are going to gulp and probably go for it. Sux to lose so much money, but we will also be buying in this same market, too (not like we are moving somewhere with a strong seller's market). We'll see. Being on the market another year is just not an option for me. We need to be realistic about this. If we really want to sell, we are going to need to bite the big bullet.

Tuesday grats

1) Boyz are home from their fun weekend at the I-L's! We may go see Hop today. Yay

2) Grateful for a really nice life. Some people would be ecstatic to have my "problems".

3) Family situation is a little better. I'm a much better emailer it appears. Originally thought that was pathetic, but in an email I can be polite and courteous and get my thoughts across. Much better than blowing a nuclear gasket. I really need to work on f2f conversations, baby steps.

4) Grateful for the ability to stick up for myself a teensy weensy bit better.

5) Grateful for a healthy balance of work and play. Just need to throw EXERCISE into the mix. My diet is not bad, but really need to get active. Anyone try the wii fit?? I heard that might be good. Will be nice when we move because I can get my Nordic Track and Airdyne out of storage. Also, may try to take my iPad to the gym and see if I am talented enough to walk on the treadmill and surf SR at the same time .

6) Rules 62 and 32! They are good to have in my thoughts at all times.

7) Grateful to have a full year of sobriety under my belt.

8) Grateful I de-cluttered while boys were away. Feels so good to do that!!!!

9) Grateful for my SR friendships. I enjoy being apart of your recoveries and it's fun to hear about everyone's interesting lives.

10) Grateful that I am a much different person than I was a year ago. Baby steps

Hope everyone has a chance to have a bit of fun today.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

I dislike my Wii immensely...

and it makes me nauseous/headache to try to read and walk at the same time.... stick to the TV and my ipod shuffle....small and nothing to trip over.

if you drop your Ipad you might feel bad....and stop exercising.

If Reubie lived closer to me,,,,we could go to the gym together!!! I'm a big fan of the ARC trainer....but first I have to get my ever-widening buttismo to the gym!!!
Old 04-05-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Glad you were able to come to a decision regarding the house, Reubena. Its just not a friendly market right now. I know we would have to list very low and if we even got back the money we put down on it I would be happy. Good luck and keep us posted. Fingers and toes crossed for happy success. I have heard if you price it low then you might get multiple offers which could drive up the price. I'll hope for something like that to happen for you.

Grateful this Tuesday for -

1. A fun day at the History Museum. Zoo got bagged because son decided he would rather go to the History Museum. It was very interesting and a lot of fun. We took my Mom and her husband and had lunch first.

2. Having the week with my son. I can't wait until summer.

3. Being okay with putting everything (painting, cleaning, etc.) on hold this week to do fun things locally with him.

4. Making the polenta with Gorgonzola and mariana sauce last night and having leftovers tonight.

5. Husband being able to get off of work an hour early tomorrow night to surprise son at his baseball practice. The practices are at 5 pm and husband doesn't get to go. This will make son really happy!!! Can't wait.

7. Having a friend find out that her tests are coming back with nothing wrong. We were all worried as it sounded like she had a heart attack. It was a mess. She is still having tests, but all is coming out fine so far.

8. Going to the library after the museum today and finding some really good books. Now to find some time to read them.

9. A great cup of coffee to get me going again. I felt like crashing when I got home. I think I'm too addicted to this coffee thing, but I refuse to give it up yet.

10. Being sober.

11. Faith in God and his angels.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:13 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

tuesday night grats:

the RULES...#62 and #32
eating balanced with extra veggies, good protein and minimal carbs and sugar
grateful for warmer weather...well kind of
grateful for good friends who are present and absent enemies...out of sight is out of mind.
grateful to be organized and prepared for the stuff that life will be throwing at me.
grateful to think about how I am going to enjoy my summer...even though I am kind of tied to the homestead and local area (due to my mother's illness i can't make big plans)..I can still take time for myself and have some FUN...
all work and no play makes Fandy grouchy...it will be a joy to see some good weather.
grateful that I can still find the time to do push-ups every morning...
grateful for free samples on my barnes and nobles nook....(oooh the juicy biography of Oprah by Kitty Kelly, some harmless trashy reading)

see everyone in the morning for AM grats
Old 04-05-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Good luck with the new pricing, Reub!!!!

Grateful this Tuesday for:

1. Talking myself out of some anxiety and not acting on it in what would have been a pretty dumb way. Sometimes I jump in to try to fix something, when it really doesn't need to be fixed - at least not yet - and just make more a mess of it. So glad that I am making some headway in this department.

2. That only part of me got drenched this morning in the windy rain.

3. Knowing that I really helped someone today - mostly by listening and showing that I care. I've learned that it's so easy to overlook how much this means to people.

4. Friends coming to visit who I haven't seen in 10 years! Really looking forward to this. We used to rent a cottage at the beach for a week together and we had some great times. Yes, that included a lot of alcohol back then. Now I think we're all either non- or light drinkers.

5. Finally bought some spring clothes - had a coupon I hate to shop unless it's online, but I bit the bullet and just went for it, and I actually found a lot of stuff I like. (Don't ever go clothes shopping with me - I'm a whiner...)

6. Everything budding out beautifully - love the new green leaves and now the azaleas are started to bloom.

7. The blue sky finally showing up today and brightening everyone's spirits after the crazy storm we had last night and rain this morning.

8. This cute little dog sleeping so peacefully by my side. She saved me from some ducks today (I'm sure she sensed they were about to attack and that's why she chased them away ) and helped to welcome a new dog to the neighborhood (lots of buttisimo sniffing and energetic tail-wagging).

9. Changing into comfy sweats after work.

10. SR, the GP, and all the ways our lives are blessed.

Have a good night, everyone
Old 04-06-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. A relaxed day with my son today.

2. The rain holding off and it looking more likely that we will have baseball practice after all. There was a question with regard to the practice tonight.

3. Getting 2 boards painted for the pergola today. The wind was relentless and drove me back inside.

4. Neighbors having moved their "Get a Life!" sign so it is no longer facing our house. Good thing since we want to sell our home. I wasn't positive how to deal with that issue. This is after I had dreamed that they gave us their dog. Still trying to figure out how that could happen.

5. Life and its incredible surprises.

6. Having read Fandy and Sneezy's grats and feeling even more grateful. Sometimes I read others' grats and I see even more things to feel grateful for.

7. Good health and energy.

8. My son and husband and pets.

9. The talent of my son's ideas to customize his clone legos. (That came directly from him btw.)

10. Being a sober and better person. Hopefully everyday I will find I've improved in some area of my life. That's my goal any way. xxx
Old 04-08-2011, 05:19 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Fands, check in with us when you are up to it. We care

HL: Your neighbors want you to move right? They should take that sign down now. They are lowering property values... not sure if they realize that or if they care. I am hoping the best for you and your family.

Friday grats:

1) Grateful for my nice life and the great friends in my life.

2) Grateful for my 3 boys. They are full-time chaos makers, but what nice souls. Love them to pieces.

3) Grateful my family sitch is ok. I think things will even out. On that note, grateful to be reaching out to people outside my family. Need a healthier balance. Another win-win.

4) Grateful for my dogs. I am really lucky to have them with me.

5) Grateful that I am hopeful that we will sell our house, but also realistic that we won't. Grateful that we'll know within a few months.

6) Grateful for a good relationship with my husband. We are complete opposites, but that is why it works I think.

7) Grateful that I've been trying to send out positive thoughts to random people. I read that somewhere... Doing that instead of walking by and not really noticing them.

8) Grateful that the grass has really greened up this past week.

9) Grateful for temps in the 70s this weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10) Grateful for SR and my SR buddies. You guys are an instant vacation for me.

Have a decent weekend everyone
Old 04-08-2011, 09:59 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

I was just wondering where Fandy's been. Hope you are feeling better. Sending you love and hugs!!! xxxx
Old 04-08-2011, 04:15 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful this Friday for -

1. Coupons!!! I have been watching "Extreme Couponing" and I am VERY inspired. I have already gotten started. Pizza coming home with husband due to finding a really good coupon for it.

2. Movie night and we are actually going out to the movies tonight. "Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Rodrick Rules" here we come.

3. My pets that are all resting inside due to the horrendous winds. Hopefully we will retain our power this time.

4. Positive attitude. Makes all the difference in life.

5. Getting some one on one time with husband tomorrow. Son is going to Grandma's for the day.

6. Inlaws making it safely home today.

I would continue but husband AND pizza are home! Have a great weekend and hoping to check back and see that Fandy's been by. xxx
Old 04-08-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

perhaps she's getting a Jersey Hair-Do S

they take some time!
Old 04-09-2011, 03:59 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Maybe Fands has her pink hardhat on and is demo-ing her bathroom this weekend .

1) Grateful this morning for my SR friends.

2) Grateful for a little hope. We are having a "special promotion" on our house until Easter. We have a showing today....

3) Grateful for warmer temps. I swear I saw an 80 in the extended forecast.

4) Grateful for crazy kids and crazy dogs. They really do a number on my sleep, but they make life so much fun

5) Grateful to read all the positive recovery stories on SR. Very inspiring. Grateful that I can skip the divisive threads. I don't need any more drama in my life.

6) Grateful I don't really have too much desire to drink wine anymore. I try hard to remember that wine for me = embarrassing, tiring, headache juice. (I'm sure there is a psychological term for that...) It works for me.

7) Grateful for my youngest... He starts my day with laughter.

8) Grateful I hung out over at my parents' house last night for an hour. It was peaceful . Nice to kibbitz with M&D and my bro & SIL. Also got to play with my little nephew, too. Maybe things will be ok.

9) Grateful to be on the entrance ramp of the road to recovery.

10) Grateful for rules 32 and 62. 32 is easier than 62 for me... baby steps

Have a fun Saturday everyone
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
url-4.jpg (19.7 KB, 28 views)
Old 04-09-2011, 04:32 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

thanks guys! i am back on track and the weather here is forcasted to be sunny and warmer at least for today....I am feeling better and doing what works when I get into these deeper funks....(for me this means to get up, get moving and keep busy).

grateful for the attitude of gratitude and the rules to live by....#62 and #32.

I will be back tonight...I have regrouped and am moving into spring cleaning mode....

my bathroom has not started yet, still waiting on the tile order but i have much other stuff to do.

thanks very much for the encouragement...I need you guys every day too.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Grateful Fandy is home here at SR and accounted for. Day may begin now.
Old 04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I am very grateful that HaagenDas icecream is on sale this week....2 for $6.00 at stop and shop.

i am grateful that it was a warmer dry day and i got much accomplished.

I am grateful that Sammy did not fight with the neighbor's Norweigien Forest Cat...that cat is hiding in my garden between the lilac bush and the daffodils...just waiting to slap the dog's nose....and he sits on my rock wall like I built it just for him! very arrogant cat....i am sure he is "freshening" my bushes because he is not fixed.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

grateful for a nice evening dog-walk..and grateful for the "Geese Police". We hire border collies to chase the canadian geese (and geese-poop) to other areas...the streets and walks around the ponds are clean, no more hop scotch and icky things to track in.

they have a truck that says "get the flock out"....i'm sure they make a fortune.
grateful for a busy productive dsay and feeling physically tired...i need some deep sleep with no nightmares.

grateful that have plan for tomorrow..i need to be busy.
grateful that the cats are winding down and so is the dog...yes, it's early, but that's OK too...
now hopefully the cats will not get up at 3am.
grateful for being sober and less depressed.
grateful for self esteem....and courage....Compassion for others, but again, I am nobody's doormat.
grateful for good friends and absent enemies.
see everyone in the morning for coffee and grats...and because it is Sunday, perhaps a bagel/lox. (iknow, some of you are going eeeuuuwww)
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Cool about the geese police

1) Grateful for my kids, husband, family and friends.

2) Going house hunting today. I really like one of the houses that we'll be looking at today (saw it at open house). Husband probably will not like it and I am grateful that I plan on just moving on without major drama if he says he doesn't like it. (**** embarrassing to say this, but this will be very difficult for me ****).

3) Grateful an end is in sight for this house selling ordeal.

4) Grateful for the smidge of serenity that I have.

5) Grateful to be more organized.

6) Grateful to be an excellent de-clutterer of household and personal items. Need to work on decluttering my business and household files/documents now. I'm clueless but need to just start. Usually starting is the hardest part.

7) Grateful I have made a good f2f friend this year. I need to continue to branch out more.

8) Grateful my husband is healthy and encourages me to do healthy things too. He is out on a major bike ride now. He puts on his Lance Armstrong gear and looks great . I encouraged him to go with us to the gym in 2007 (pretty much had to drag him there)... Since then, he's lost about 50 pounds, and works out everyday. Amazing.

9) Grateful that I plan on hitting the gym regularly soon (hopeful at least)

10) Grateful for SR and all my SR friends. Hope Rusty has a lucrative day at the flea. Can't wait for Sneeze to get back. Glad you seem to be out of your funk a little bit Fands. Great reading your updates HL. My boys were off on Spring Break this week, too. We had a nice week. Always sending out positive thoughts on your husband's job search.

Do fun stuff today if you can
Old 04-10-2011, 05:47 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

i am grateful that it is Sunday and I do not have to do a lot of "stuff"...because i did not sleep well last night.

i plan to take dog to groomers, pick up a few things at garden center and visit with my mother...then home to put my feet up and take a nap if i can.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Sunday night grats:

a sober, productive sunday...(no nap though)
the Rules!!!!
grateful for chocolate and ice cream...just a little tonight.
grateful I have the $$ to make a nice garden this year (prices are through the roof there too).
grateful for a visit with my mother and that she enjoyed the soup I brought her...
grateful for one of my nurse friends from work that take care of her on the weekends at the nursing home.
grateful that I took the weekend off from work
grateful for good friends and help carrying all the huge bags of dirt
grateful that i am working through my depression/insomnia in a positive way, not self-sabotaging....not being able to sleep was always a BIG trigger.
grateful for physical stamina to do all the chores i needed this weekend.
grateful that no ambulance was needed along with the firetruck...the Jeep in front of me on the highway caught fire, flames were shooting out from the undercarriage, and the person was still driving it....it was like something out of a movie.
grateful that i d not have to worry about why anymore....now i need to keep that thought and move forward.
grateful that I do not have to stress about tax day next week.

13 grats tonight...13 is my *lucky* number!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Monday morning grats:

Grateful for a nice weekend. Kids had fun.

Grateful for my husband. We drive each other nuts, but I think that is what makes it work (?). Who knows, but thankfully we found each other 20 years ago.

Grateful for the companionship of my dogs, especially during the day when I am working from home.

Grateful for a fun trip to my favorite (really nice) second-hand home goods store. Owned and managed by a really nice lady... can't buy anything until we sell, but it sure is fun to look.

Grateful for a fun house search yday. Husband liked the house that I liked, but we both decided it wasn't in the right 'hood for the kids. We both really liked another house in a great, kid-friendly neighborhood. This house needs.a.lot.of.work. But heck, I am up for it. But of course, we can't buy until we sell, so I am not going to get too attached to it.

Grateful that the people who went through our house on Saturday liked it. They are renting now and are looking to buy "in a few months".

Grateful for Spring and warmer temps. I am NOT putting away the winter coats, hats and boots yet. I did that last year too early and jinxed everyone in a 200 mile vicinity of here.

Grateful for a really nice life.

Grateful for SR and my SR friends. Glad Sneeze is back and Fands is feeling better. Hoping the best for the HL family.

Rusty: I ended up selling my Wham-o toy for 10. (I bought it for 2, so no biggie). Five days into the auction someone put a brand spankin' SEALED new one on. They even STOLE one of my sentences, the thieves.... . Anyhoo, mine got one bid so I am grateful for that. And the countdown is at FOUR MORE DAYS?