Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

welcome
Old 07-06-2011, 04:07 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Grateful this evening for -

The tireless efforts of all those fighting these fires. Just amazed at the dedication and bravery.

My inlaws for bringing more stuff over to husband's apartment so that he feels at home. My dad for helping them move the stuff in.

My neighbors for watching out for us.

Getting back the faith that this will happen and I have a feeling soon. Woke up feeling that and its still with me.

The hot day turning cooler now that the sun is dipping lower.

The pretty flowers we have out front. Been watering the heck out them and they have been showing their appreciation.

No fireworks fourth of July. What they did have in Albuquerque did result in a fire, but luckily they were prepared to handle it. Still think it should have banned Statewide, but it worked out.

Learning to turn away from conversations when they are so negative and depressing that all it does is bring me down.

Being sober.

Good night all.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

I hope tomorrow is a great day HL with the news you need to hear!

Missing Sneezy and Reubina too....come on out and post guys.

grateful to be too busy to overeat, think about drinking and am so very tired, i will sleep well I hope.
grateful for the rules, compassion, the pets, the plan, the weather and feeling in control for a change.....not controlling the Universe...but just me and my actions....keep my own litterbox clean before i worry about the other folks boxes.
grateful i have watered the gardens and the new Zebra grass seems to be OK..(i am crappy at digging big deep holes)

grateful i can relax with the loving pets before bedtime...my feet are going up right now.

see you all in the AM for coffee (rain forest nut) and fresh gratting. goodn night guys.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Grateful this Thursday for -

1. Having a lot on my agenda for Saturday and a showing to boot! Fingers crossed. Things appear to be picking up. Have a mattress being picked up that we are giving away. A friend is doing a trash run for me with some yard refuse we had piled up. Showing early morning. Hair coloring, oh wait, canceled that until Sunday.

2. My son and his friend are having a blast together today. His friend is spending the night and they are out studying an ant hill. At least they're not red ones.

3. A good taco dinner and lots of giggles at the table.

4. Dogs being happy to rest and chew on bones. Cats sleeping, of course, so they can keep me up tonight.

5. Night air filtering in and cooling house off.

6. Big old grey cloud possibly dropping some needed moisture on us soon.

7. 2nd biggest fire in NM is 95 percent contained. God bless!

8. Being a sober mama!!

9. Fitting into the next size down. Yippee!!

10. Love and laughter filling our home tonight. Didn't realize the laughter was missing until today. Need to make more of an effort to stay upbeat.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Ah, it's the little things (Rule #32)...black ant hills and going down a size...what more can agirl want on a Thursday night?

grateful for sticking with my exercise and eating plan.....pushed back thoughts of stealing a perfect stranger's slice of pizza and running off with it....

grateful for being physically tired, i'm very busy these days and naturally tired, not obsessing over ridicules stuff.

grateful for good weather and a short thunderstorm, which does mean i do not have to water this evening.

grateful for the pets who are so entertaining...they have their own agenda and i had better follow their rules.
grateful to have some vacation planned next week...I need the time off.
grateful for my job and the fact that I am doing very well salary wise.
grateful to have the next home improvement project planned....it's good to have something to look forward to....(the deck next year, it is time to re-build it)
grateful that I remembered to bring in the patio cushions...so they are not wet.
grateful to actually look forward to each new day,I have plans and enjoy them.
grateful for thinking positive more than negative.

fresh gratting and Kona coffee tomorrow AM and fruit, eggs for breakfast.....after the exercise of course....new routine is so far doable.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:26 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

I think this is THE weekend HL...I've been thinking about you everytime I am out watering the new Japanese Maple...(it is doing well for a very small, inexpensive sapling, I'm going to feed it 1/2 a root spike in a couple of weeks.)

I think you should plant a clump of the Zebra grass next to the Japanese Maple in your new house...(If I'm planning it in my head, it will happen)...I am picturing a large stone front and a deep color for the house....
Old 07-08-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Thanks so much Fandy! I'm really feeling good about the showing myself.

Grateful today for having gotten all the floors cleaned. It has rained and the dogs are not allowed out until the puddles dry. Should be about 10 minutes or so. LOL!

Grateful for son and his friend having a successful sleepover. Mommy is tired, but more from getting the house ready then anything else. They went to bed last night like a dream. No problems!

Grateful for salads. Had 2 today! Weight is coming off with this good eating and all this work. Filled the back end of a pick up truck with brush, scrap wood, and odds and ends from the garage. I will sleep well tonight.

Grateful for good friends that care enough to call just to check in and see how we are. Its very touching.

Grateful for Mom coming over to do my hair later tomorrow.

Grateful for the new owner coming tomorrow morning to see her new home.

Grateful that I have a plan for the dogs. Air conditioned car? Son will be in there also. It should work.

Grateful for needs being met.

Grateful for plane trip approaching quickly!

Good night all. Very tired. (prayers accepted for tomorrow morning.)
Old 07-08-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

You're on my list.....think positive! and if you are bored, PLEASE come and clean my house...remove the hair and polish the floors....Lord, I would be tired too....I still have to put my bathroom together and remove the stuff from the guest room/office.

tomorrow AM, I will be alternately, gratting, cleaning and praying with positive vibes all the way to NewMexico! If only we can get theviewint turn into buyers to agree to a quick closing!...so you can pack and move.

grateful to have my own cleaning and eating plan in place for tomorrow....a dog walk after coffee and then to tackle the living room and vacuum, wash the kitchen floor and wash the proch floor (ceramic tiles)...it is hard to look tidy with no linen closet, I have all the linens in the living room

I've been eating lots of fresh cucumbers and my home-grown cherry tomatoes...along with steamed asperagus...grateful to be sticking to the WW points-plus program, and hoping to see a poundage loss on Tuesday's weigh in...(i confess to being scared/skeptical).

grateful we have had about 1/2 inch of rain today...no watering the garden needed.
grateful it is finally Friday night, no leaping out of bed at 530AM tomorrow, i can take it at a slower pace.

grateful to have an appointment to have a pedicure and manicure tomorrow...(no food at the salon)

grateful that my brother called the Exterminator that will deal with whatever is stuck in the roof and pecking at the tenant's ceiling...

grateful i am busy and sober, not angry and feeling pretty good...( I think it is because I am feeling in control of my weight~this could change, but right now, i'm enjoying it)

grateful that my nephew did not get injured when he hit a deer this AM on the way to work...the car is another story....but it can be fixed if it's not totaled.

grateful for good friends, both here and IRL...
grateful for summer weather, I may complain about it, but it beats winter!
grateful for humor and having something to look forward to.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

woodpecker?
Old 07-09-2011, 06:36 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

it's very odd with my mother's house...my brother went over there yesterday, says there are no trees immeidatly near the house...(It is a big 2 family Cape Cod style, my father built it in the 1940s)....my brother has always maintained the roof and the outside, but he thinks perhaps something got in through one of the eves...the chimney runs straight through to the basement...(no fireplace, but a huge original oil furance dominates the basement)..whatever is caught in there has made damage to the upstairs bedroom ceiling....my poor tenant does not need a critter to fall on his face while he is sleeping!
Old 07-10-2011, 12:03 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Me thinks it may be a winner gang! They were in the house for a hour and were putting things visually where they should go. That's a good sign. They do like one other house that is cheaper, BUT its right by an airport and so there is a good reason its cheaper. Fingers and toes crossed. They will try to get financing on Monday! Realtor (my friend) that showed them and I are very optimistic! Its a good thing!!

You should know where all my gratitude goes today - Fandy and all my friends for sending their good energy and prayers. My realtor, whose a very good friend, for showing the home to these people. God for making it happen this coming week.

Son has been saying all along that "Mom, I bet we sell before we fly home." Its going to be tight because we leave early Wednesday morning, but I'm beginning to think this kid is a psychic.

Wanted to update my friends here.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  

NO ONE in their right mind will want to live by an airport!!!! they said that because they want you to drop your price.

you cannot put a price on low noise, remind them of that!

I hope you will be able to move by September for the new school year...you can plant the Japanese Maples in the Spring and settle in during the winter...do you remember real winters????? with SNOW???? lol, my very best most positive thoughts are with you!

NYstate is beautiful...Mr. Fandy and I would have a house rented that we stayed in for 3-4 longweekends every summer in Saratoga Springs...(he has season seats for the clubhouse for the racetrack for years)
Old 07-10-2011, 06:06 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

good wishes blasted out S

and to the Swami Kid!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:12 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

i forgot to mention that I am naturally clairvoyant....related to that guy on TV???? that talks to the dead. John? Edwards????? (not the politician)...j/k..it's called intuition...most women have it.

strong vibes to sell that house!! sign the papers and close it up.

we miss you sneezy and reubie!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:15 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Well here's a bit of good news for "us" and that's that the other house they are/were interested in is under contract! Yeah for "us" and wish I could say I'm sorry for them, but that would be very untrue. Will let you guys know when I know something.

Carol let me know that its time for a new thread and so I'll go ahead and start one today. Thanks Carol!!!!
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Yes we do miss you 2! Come back!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Fandy. You and my son are kinda freaky with your predictions, but I will take it because you and he have been right so far.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:42 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Hmmm...
I predict it's time for another section.....Presto!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...tems-more.html