Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:34 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

E saw your avi Sneeze and said, hey Mom, look at the cat with 2 heads .

So sorry HL that you continue to wait for good news.

I am frustrated with waiting too these days. Housing values around here are going lower and lower... It's starting to really hit me that we are not going to be able to move. But, we'll wait it out through May (or possible July). I'm ready to either get an offer or just be done with it. I am very grateful though for all that we do have which I would list right now, but I have to get going :-)

Have a decent day everyone. Take care of yourselves, Rule 62 and 32 it, and keep us posted.

Old 03-31-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Reubie, keep the faith....there are people house hunting and looking...somewhere....itis a very long waiting game.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:04 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I am very grateful today for -

1. Hearing back from the employer. He is still working out the details and he will contact us when "he" is ready. It was pretty direct and now husband has decided to keep on going with applying for other jobs. Good news as far as I'm concerned. Keep on keeping on.

2. Reub's upbeat attitude and the way she is viewing the situation. Gratitude it our life line I believe. Grateful for people I find on SR.

3. Son's baseball practice last night. "I" thought he did quite well, but he did not. He wanted to quit, but I am making him hang in. He'll get better and better as the season progresses and his confidence will go up because of it.

4. Being able to dress warmer for tonight's practice. Froze last night. Tonight I'm smarter.

5. Going back on chicken and fish. Just can't come up with enough meals and am getting a bit bored with the tofu. Chicken wraps for dinner tonight. Don't get home until 6:45 pm or so and so I need crockpot stuff.

6. Life moving on and at its own pace. Finding out we can't force it so we might as well get in the boat and cruise with the flow of the current.

7. Sending out my resume today for online legal transcription work. I've got nearly 15 years of legal experience. I best use it. Got a reply back and she said she would keep me in mind when she gets some transcription work in. They are paralegals, but they do transcription work too.

8. Being able to see the bigger picture. We don't know what tomorrow will bring and so concentrating on today is the main goal for this chick.

9. Faith in God.

10. Being sober and sane.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:39 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

don't put all your eggs in one chicken! yes, keep applying and let them argue over who will get to work with Mr. HL

IDK anything about legal transcription, but medical transcription pays very well back east....go for it.

grateful thursday evening:

rules #'s 62 and 32
feeling positive and less depressed...IDK what's going to happen in my life, but i am sober so i can see it coming (hopefully)
grateful for self-respect and self-esteem....i am no one's doormat
grateful that the appetizer storm has passed and the bigsnow, will probably only be rain.
grateful for being able to wind down after a busy day and relax....i can actually concentrate on a tv show, turn it off and fall into a decent sleep
grateful for less stress and less worries...what will happen will happen if i froth about it or not.
grateful for being organized and prepared,bills are paid,$$ is saved and i'm not being wasteful

see you all for the morning session.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:35 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Aw, you are all awesome, caring, wise, funny, wonderful people and I love ya!!!!

HL - good for husband for not waiting around. It'll be nice when there are two offers to pick from

Fandy - I could use a little more of the "I'm nobody's doormat" philosophy. Believe it intellectually but sometimes hard to put into action.

(((Reub))) I would LOVE to see that one buyer drive by and say, that's it, that's the one! But I understand ... you can't be for sale forever or you'll go flippin crazy. Glad that you really do love your house.

Hang in there, everyone - love all the support in the GP
Old 03-31-2011, 05:37 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Reubena View Post
E saw your avi Sneeze and said, hey Mom, look at the cat with 2 heads .
Awwwww

Love that E!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I stopped being a doormat when I told my daughter "my house is not your storage facility"....either she got her stuff that she refused to take into adulthood, or it went to the charities..... guess what happened?
Old 04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

friday evening grats:

grateful to be sipping hazelnut decaff on friday evening.
grateful for making a small pizza for dinner with veggies.
grateful that chores are done and the rest of housework will wait until tomorrow
grateful that I have so many plans for the weekend I don't have time to think about sad and bad things.
grateful for those Rules...#62 and #32
grateful that it is now April....and it has just got to get warmer outside
grateful that I know I can make the present and furture so much better than the past...it's my choice.

tomorrow will be a really great day because I will make it so, no matter if it is mundane and routine, I will be up and moving, not drinking myself into a stupor....andthat is no April fool's joke.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

saturday part one:

a very good day at saving some $$ while shopping for the bathroom renovation
and groceries..lots of sales and coupons
a warmer sunny day
feeling good!
Rules #62 and #32
back later...hopefully, i gotta cook.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

This Saturday I am grateful for:

1. Edy's Peach Frozen Yogurt. Mmmmmm.

2. The two great Cinderella teams in the Final Four - VCU and Butler. Butler is winning in the final 20 seconds, but VCU played great. Love Cinderella stories!

3. Walking down the wine aisle today (excuse me, wine AISLES! and long ones too...) and not even interested. I did notice, but it was like something that applied to someone else, not me. That made me feel so good.

4. Walking with the dog around the lake in the wind. I didn't want to go at first because it was so windy, but she was determined, so off we went, and I'm so glad we did, because it was beautiful. The sky was azure and the trees are just beginning to leaf out.

5. Trying something new at work and it was a big hit! Getting better at taking measured risks and trying to use my newfound courage more.

6. Living in the moment. My dog is my teacher

7. My sister who has one of the biggest hearts I know. She's just a good person to her core and she has put up with me at my worst many times. So grateful that she's always stood by me.

8. Gradually making headway in the money department. I am really watching my pennies and finding out that I can do with less and not feel deprived.

9. Rule 62 and 32!

10. God's love and the GP's support and humor every day.

Enjoy your weekend, my buddies!
Old 04-02-2011, 07:04 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say hi all!! Inlaws are back this weekend and so very busy. Grateful for you all and many, many things!! Will be back at some point this coming week. Son's on spring break this week. Trip to the zoo planned, Hobby Lobby, and other stuff. xox
Old 04-03-2011, 01:00 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

see you when we see you S

and for pete's sake, behave! lol
Old 04-03-2011, 05:39 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

behave indeed S...and all of the other HL family....we are waiting for your grats too....be back later to preserve the thread.

grateful for lots of good decisions i made today
and of course the big RULES #62 and 32....
grateful for good ice cream and finishing my chores

i hope others will post their 10 daily grats...I am fresh out of quantity tonight, but my quality is on track!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Sunday grats

1) Grateful for a fun and relaxing weekend.

2) Grateful for my friend who works with me. We had fun on our thrift expedition. Got lotsa good stuff to sell.

3) Grateful for my husband who puts up with me .

4) Grateful for my kids. They are energetic and crazy, but boy are they sweet, nice boys.

5) Grateful I talked to my husband tonight on the phone and we are having our realtor come over tomorrow night for a real estate intervention (anyone ever see that show on HGTV?). Stay tuned.

6) Grateful that I had a blast with my crazy aunt today. We went to 3 open houses and we had FUN!

7) Grateful the family sitch may actually improve. Grateful I'm sticking to my guns though and not being a doormat anymore (stealing your phrase Fands).

8) Grateful for good hearted people in the world. Grateful for the innocence of kids and animals.

9) Grateful I'm starting to grow a smidgeon of a backbone. Baby steps.

10) Grateful for my SR friends, for SR itself, and for our sobriety.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:30 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

backbone growth will only help you Reubie..you can still be loving and compassionate, but sticking up for yourself always makes you feel good too.

grateful for a Marvelous Monday! and many grats for having a job and financial security.
grateful to have a working vehicle that does not suck up too much gas....but the prices are killing me ($3.45 a gallon here).
grateful for an organized morning, packing a healthy lunch of veggies and a big salad.

oops, i need to save my grats for the morning thread too.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

I'm baaaaaack!

Grateful this Monday morning for -

1. Electricity!!!! We were without from 1:30 pm on Sunday until 9:30 am this morning. Had my Mom, her husband, inlaws and us for dinner yesterday. Went from planning polenta casserole to Chinese take out. Inlaws left very early this morning. I left soon after to hunt down some coffee.

2. Starbucks! Son had a hot chocolate and I had a light caramel something or other that was hot and good.

3. Actually, being without that electricity because when it was turned on we were so appreciative of all the benefits it brings to our lives. Son had a very hard time going without tv and internet. It was good for us. Husband doesn't agree though.

4. Getting house back to ourselves today. Love my inlaws but 1610 sf is pretty small with 4 adults and 1 child.

5. My inlaws that took son on a shopping spree for spring clothes. That kid made out big!!! Although being a boy he doesn't equate the appreciation for clothes in the closet yet. He's more of a baseball, boyscouts, and toys kind of kid, but I'm trying.

6. All the projects that got done while and before they came back to our house. I got the window and door guy out. All our sliders slide and our windows look great. Father in law and husband got the pergola almost built and ice maker fixed.

7. Going to the zoo tomorrow. Should be a fun day. I LOVE going to the zoo.

8. The wind finally ceasing. That is is what caused our power outage. 70 mph gusts. That's bad and worst then most of our spring winds are. Couldn't even see the mountains because of all the dust flying.

9. Staying sober and actually being happy last night that I was not partaking in the drinking of wine during dinner. The inlaws had bought some wine and shared it with my Mom and her husband during dinner. They drank out of jelly jars because that's all we had. I can honestly say I was not envious at all. I guess the desire is gone or at least it was for that night and today. I'll take the peace.

10. Being back. It will be intermittent this week as I said, but I'll try to get here. Thanks all for keeping it going. Oh and I'll behave.
Old 04-04-2011, 12:59 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

hope that all your food stayed edible during your power outage....that was almost 20 hours?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Haven't gotten sick "yet," she says and holds her stomach. I think we're ok. We tried not to open the door much and it stayed pretty cool. Not a lot in the fridge, but quite a bit in our freezer. Was more worried about that.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:47 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

oops, that'swhat I meant, thinking of your freezer....mine is stuffed with a lot of $$ i have turned into foods too.

grateful to turn off the heat all day and leave the kitchen window open....Pookie is smacking his chops at the bird action...i had 2 Cardinals inches from the window yesterday, they sit in on the big blue spruce which is no longer miniaturebut kind of flat on top.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

that was some weekend

and S

grateful to see you survied it all