Notices

Part 3 - Horselover's 10 nightly gratitude items.

Old 03-04-2011, 06:47 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Grateful this Friday night for -

1. A grandma that is teaching son and I how to knit a hat. Should be interesting.

2. Pets that are just so unbelievably cute and loving. They fill my heart.

3. No news on the job front, but life goes on and it will happen. We are good.

4. Son's being "Star of the Week" is over and he had an awesome time. He got to be line leader the whole week, show pictures of himself, and read a letter to the class from me describing how much I love him. Also what I love about him.

5. The internet that is a God send. Don't know what I would do without SR and you people. You're definitely family.

6. Good eats. Had veggie pizza tonight.

7. Weekend fun up ahead. Something to look forward to.

8. Being able to relax with the outlaws (I mean inlaws) today.

9. Faith in God.

10. Being sober and sane.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:52 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
4. Son's being "Star of the Week" is over and he had an awesome time. He got to be line leader the whole week, show pictures of himself, and read a letter to the class from me describing how much I love him. Also what I love about him.
Awww, HL - I love it before kids get too old and "cool" to enjoy things like this. What a great idea!

Good luck Fandy with your dinner party!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

thanks for the good vibes! dinner party is tomorrow, today is the melt-down and prep!

all is well at 930AM!

back later.

HL, i designate a "line leader" for each of my med student groups....they fight over who gets to be the "Chief Student" (which is in preparation for being a future Chief Resident, a highly coveted position)....

your son must be very cute!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Grateful this Saturday for -

1. A nice day with the inlaws. We went to the Nuclear Museum. Some interesting stuff and son LOVED it. He told me he doesn't like the "killing" part, but he likes the technology. Made me feel a bit better about it and yes, thank you, Fandy. I think he's pretty cute.

2. Husband cooking dinner. I get a night off. Tofu stir fry.

3. A new walkway that grandpa, dad, and son all put in today. Love those pavers and 3 strong backs.

4. Family visits.

5. Great weather!!!

6. Being able to get here and give gratitude. Didn't think that would be possible this weekend, but it is.

7. Being sober and happy.

8. Faith in God.

9. Friends, and friends I have yet to meet.

10. My SR buddies that I love to visit with. Night all. I'm not going to bed of course, but am going offline. Have a good dinner party, Fandy!!! Don't stress "too" much. xx
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Can't sleep!

This Sunday I am grateful for:

1. SR being here 24 hours a day for sleepless nights.

2. That tomorrow is Sunday (well....today) and I can sleep in!!!!

3. Clean sheets - the dog has clean sheets too.

4. Nice, quiet, reasonable, peaceful, generous neighbors.

5. My mom who still follows sports in her eighties.

6. Kids who say things like they like the technology but not the killing part

7. Nice chat with a friend tonight about all kinds of stuff. She's the kind of person that it doesn't matter how long it has been, I still feel instantly connected.

8. Good advice from another friend. I know some smart people!

9. Sobriety being more and more a normal part of life.

10. Cancelling some magazine subscriptions - trying to pare down, save some money, and live more simply.

11. A clean refrigerator. Wish I could get it through my head that it really doesn't take long to clean the frig - I dread it!

12. Our SR friend Dee - sure will miss him and hope he will be back in not too terribly long.

13. God's love.

Party on, Fandy!

Gonna have an herbal tea and go back to bed. Gnite all
Old 03-07-2011, 03:22 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Grateful this Monday for -

1. Getting house back to normal and being able to sleep in our own bed tonight.

2. Inlaw visit having gone nicely.

3. Family, friends, and our pets.

4. Silly son that is having problems focusing on homework. Ugh! At least he's cute and humorous.

5. Warm and cozy home.

6. Good health and lots of energy.

7. Being able to read and seeing how my son's ability to read is really developing.

8. Faith in God that can do it a lot better then I can. I am speaking of this thing called "life." Turning it over.

9. SR and Dee. SR and Dee seem to be synonymous for me. Glad to read he is just going to scale back and not completely disappear. How loved can one person be. That's a definite gift.

10. Being sober another day. Thank you God!!!!

Love you all and hope everyone is well. Glad to see Sneezy's gratitude list. Sorry you couldn't sleep, but glad you made good use of your time. A gift for us.
Old 03-08-2011, 11:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

HOW WAS DINNER PARTY?????? I'm waiting. Thought I would be productive whilst I wait.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:06 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I went and found your posts about it in Whiner's, Fandy. I'm so glad things went well, but I was sorry to read about your Mom's condition. I can't imagine how hard that must be on you. You sound strong, but if you ever need a shoulder please pm me. I think the world of you, but you knew that. xxx
Old 03-08-2011, 02:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

grateful tuesday;

grateful to be back in the folds of the gratties...

grateful that this work day is OVER...i have had a headache sitting behind my eyes since this morning.

grateful to have a long term plan and yes it also involves cleaning my fridge! it is a messy, evil unorganized mess.

grateful I can leave work and go home in the daylight! I just want to walk the dog, feed everyone, throw a load of clothes in the washer and get into some sweats with a cup of tea...i am whipped. busy week of work and an alzheimers seminar on Saturday, then a meeting with the nursing home team as we have to revise mom's plan...

i will be back to grat properly either tonight or tomorrow.

i have been thinking about cleaning that fridge for the last 3 days...too!
Old 03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Also glad to hear about your party, Fands - sounds like a big hit - the food sounds amazingly yummy!

And very sorry to hear about your mom. I have a lot of friends who have cared for parents with various kinds of dementia and they tell me how hard it can be. Support is always here from me too!

HL, isn't it nice when life settles back to normal? I remember going on vacation and sometimes feeling like the best part is coming home (well....if I'm ready to come home, that is...)

Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

grateful to be home and reading SR....grateful that i come here instead of nit-picking people apart....

grateful that i can have either ice cream or salad....i don't know which one i am in the mood for???

grateful i can put my feet up and watch TV....the cats are happy, the dog is happy and i am sure to be snoring by 10PM....i need a good restful sleep,lastnight was plagued with nightmares and trips to the bathroom.

grateful we are one day closer to Spring!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:30 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Grateful tonight for -

1. Husband being in a very up mood tonight. He did hear back on that job in NY and he is moving on in the process. He also got another call about a different job back there and may be giving that a try also. Why not!

2. Having time to myself today and getting some things accomplished while also having some down time.

3. Being able to sit amongst my furry family tonight. I'm smack dab between the cat and one dog and the other dog is at my feet. I don't want to even think about how our lives would be without them. They make life pure bliss for me.

4. My friend deciding to give up the donkey rescue. They are deep in debt and she is bone tired from it. I say its a good thing, but I know she feels a bit let down about it. She has saved so many in just a short period of time already.

5. Good health. Feel really good lately. Still can't figure out how to make the meatless meat stick together for a meatloaf and so tonight I cut it up and put it on a roll and called it a sloppy joe. Son loved it and husband said he did too, but he would say that any ways.

6. Family, friends, and connections with all the good people in this world.

7. Our pellet stove that got a rather good workout today. Woke up to this white stuff outside. Almost forgot what you call it, but it was back to say hello and then said goodbye about noon.

8. The teachers at my son's schools. They are amazing people. I know I've said it before, but I truly feel they are a gift and I so appreciate them.

9. God!!!!

10. Being sober today!!!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

1. Husband being in a very up mood tonight. He did hear back on that job in NY and he is moving on in the process. He also got another call about a different job back there and may be giving that a try also. Why not
YAY!!!!!!!!!! Go HL's H!!!!!!!

Still can't figure out how to make the meatless meat stick together for a meatloaf and so tonight I cut it up and put it on a roll and called it a sloppy joe.
:rotfxko Very creative, HL, love ya girl
Old 03-09-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

goodluck Mr. HL!!! here is an Oprah WooHoo....

Wednesday grats:

grateful for a relaxing evening after a busy day.

grateful that the dog and i enjoyed a walk after work..and it was still daylight!! but winter is back...brrrrr, cold!!

grateful we are getting towards springtime at least date-wise...another month and we can feel some warmth outside (hopefully before Easter eggs)

grateful that i have humor, patience and compassion...even after the coffee wears off.
grateful for my real friends and good friends here too.
grateful for self-control with the sweets and treats...salad and chicken veg. soup for lunch was fine...and only 3 twizzlers...lol
grateful for my job, career and the ability to enjoy it. i really like going to work these days.
my loving happy pets...

making it is closer than faking it these days...the best will be coming at some point...at least today that is how i feel.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

i am 2 grats short...will try harder tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

rule 62 fands,

dont loose sight of that
Old 03-09-2011, 06:24 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good stuff, Fandy!

Grateful this Wednesday for -

1. A surprise call from a friend and afternoon of showing houses with her. I was her assistant for the day and it was FUN!!!!

2. Loads of love for my family, friends, pets, and God!

3. Our great weather today.

4. Meeting some people that were very interesting today. Totally different then myself and fun to get to know. I like different.

5. A nice and quick dinner tonight. Leftovers are always helpful.

6. Online information. Having fun learning and finding the info I need online. Love this internet thing.

7. My SR buddies!!

8. Our home. Modest as it may be it is our home and our shelter.

9. Hope and joy. Glad I have that now. Not so long ago it was despair and sadness.

10. Being sober!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:05 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
rule 62 fands,

dont loose sight of that
L-O-S-E weight to have L-O-O-S-E pants.....

oh geeze, i'm brain dead...i knew i forgot something obvious...I practiced Rule #62 all day yesterday with the noisy construction on my floor.

i may have forgotten to list it, but i do practice it...it is getting kind of automatic...thankfully.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Grateful this Thursday for -

1. Automatic pilot.

2. Having some plans to spend time with my Mom this weekend.

3. A beautiful, beautiful Spring day. Feels likes summer. Actually sat in the sun today and got a bit overheated.

4. The cold, dreary days that make me appreciate these sunny, warm days.

5. A productive day. Got a lot of stuff done.

6. I can be home to meet son in the afternoon at the bus stop and see him off each day.

7. Good health.

8. Having a chance for a 20 minute nap today. I didn't fall asleep but I did rest my eyes.

9. Faith in God.

10. Being sober another day. Feeling the pain for Charlie Sheen. So hard to be an active addict and be in the public eye like that. I mean I really feel sad that he has not found recovery. Pray that he will soon for his sake and for his kids'.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:00 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Thursday night grats;

grateful that i got through the day at work unscathed

Rule #62 before i forget

grateful for leftovers, because i am too tired to make anything, it is monsooning outside too...so no restaurant runs are in my future.

grateful for finding myself somewhere in my head

grateful for health and energy and much less anxiety these days

having hope that i can only do better, not going backwards

not being stubborn....i cannot figure out the bathroom light fan cover to change the bulb, forcing it will break it, i'm not tall enough to see everything ...PATIENCE until i can get a friend in to do it right, eliminating the fact that yanking it is not smart....sensible in sobriety, not stupidly stubborn.

grateful that tomorrow is a shorter work day and i am getting a much needed HC....my layers are out of control.

grateful for everyone here and reading their grats.