Penny For Your Thoughts Part 15

Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Raerae....I actually got confused as to what year and when I was there....but I know I have a few good posts but could only find one for starters. Go to advanced search put in my user name and by title only. On page 11 there is a thread called ArgenTena Times which has one day's description of living there.

You will like it!

When I went I did not speak Spanish and I went to Cordoba mid-country 10 hr bus ride from cosmopolitan Buenos Aires. They did not speak English. What a hoot....I mimed like a 2 yr old and threw an occasional tantrum. But it was ALL GOOD!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Ya know what would probably be the best safety measure is a dog. I like big dogs, but My new place won't be so big. I can't take those high strung types. I need a mellow dog that only gets excited when they need to.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

My parents have a dog that is a German Shepherd mix. He's so funny... just a big teddy bear, he looks so goofy when he grins... but boy does he look scary to anyone who doesn't know him! And I'm sure he'd get pretty mean if he needed to!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

BTW....what good is a detachable penis without a driver? LMAO!!!!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:29 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

I love German Shepherds! They are loyal protectors.

Raerae, my avatar is a portrait I had done in Argentina. The facial likeness is not good...too square jawed and masculine...I could have gotten it fixed but didn't.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:50 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Live, I went and read your argentina thread. It sounds so cool! I am so hungry now! You write so poetically! Do you ever write professionally? You could be a travel writer.
So you just went there for a while cause you were in between jobs and it is cheaper to live there? That's not a bad idea.... that's really thinking out of the box, ya know?
My tax lady is from Mexico and she has some land in Costa Rica, she said things there are cheaper than Mexico and she said i could stay at her place if I ever want to go. Unfortunaltely I speak very little Spanish either. But i could learn. I recognize words, but I can't put a sentence together.

we had a shepard when i was a kid. All our dogs were shepard or shaepard/collie mix. Our shepard was so smart, but then he bit someone! So we had to put him down. I like those pugs, but know very little about them. I think Loves has one.

Maybe when I'm done with school, i will take a trip!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:25 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Blush. I used to love to write and have been published a bit. A wee bit. But, ....I don't know.
For one thing, I lost alot of my english vocabulary while I was there. It still hasn't come back. It is wild. But, I don't have the confidence right now. Hubby and sis try to encourage me. In fact it was just last week that hubby was trying to talk me into writing. And sis wanted me to investigate the travel writing while I was there too.

I guess I am scared of it.

I bought a great set of intensive study for learning Spanish. I just didn't study it! (Book and cds)

I hear Costa Rica is phenomenal. Gorgeous! And they do speak alot of English there.
Definitely go....it is a lifetime opportunity, esp as you have a free place to stay.

Alot of people here go to Costa Rica. Hubby has been. And I know a few men who keep mistresses down there. Costs them about $800 a month to support them.

Take the trip, take the trip....life is too short not to adventure!

Before I went I would put in one of those cds and go to sleep to them. I do think it helped me with pronunciation and accent. I would listen to them now...but it would drive hubby crazy. I would like to take a college course. But, as many people here are bilingual, I asked an hispanic girl, as I was jealous of her dual fluency and she said to watch Spanish tv.
Anyway...compromise with hubby...if he has a dvd with subtitles I have him put the subtitles on Spanish. But if you don't use it, you lose it.

Tomorrow I will be checking on ticket prices for you!

Travel broadens the mind and education in a way nothing else can.

Now, you have me excited!

I read that you had decided not to drink.
Ihave been thro' phases of drinking myself. But the recent crap with my alcoholic step son has really turned me off. And then, reading some of the stories in newcomers. I haven't wanted a cocktail lately. I blocked out the alcoholism horror of my ex. I needed to. For me peer pressure and being outgoing were my rewards.
But, then the depression and regret. I also was most vulnerable when my feelings were hurt....just recognizing that helped alot. Why hurt myself because someone else hurt me.? Never say never, but it just doesn't appeal to me much anymore.
I jsut sort of reset my mind that it was poison.
I am not suggesting or implying anything towards your situation or decision, just sharing mine, okay?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

[Quote]:Before I went I would put in one of those cds and go to sleep to them. I do think it helped me with pronunciation and accent. I would listen to them now...but it would drive hubby crazy.[Quote]

LOL, that reminds me of an old episode of 'my 3 sons'. Fred MacMurray fell asleep in Chip's bed and Chip had a Spanish tape under his pillow to help him learn Spanish. The next day Fred was at work and he kept speaking in Spanish and couldn't figure out why.

I always wondered if that would help LOL

Why are you afraid to write? just do it. Pretend it's an assignment.

Don't check those flight plans yet! i am in the middle of a semster...i can't leave right now! I have a research paper to write.

Travel is always a good thing, never something to regret.

Yup, i decided to quit drinking. I don't feel like it much in the winter, but in the summer-maybe because summer is short here-I just think, gee, a beer would be nice. Sometimes i have a couple and then just get hungry, eat , and stop drinking.

but other times, i just keep going and then I'm sloppy drunk. When I went with my friend the other night , I had such a hangover the next day. i hate that. If i drink enough to get a hangover, it makes me depressed for days after.

Plus i just feel like it's kind of ridiculous for someone my age to be getting drunk. Kind of undignified and immature.
Plus, well, there's no good reason to drink, especially when i can't always stop at a couple. So i think i should just stop altogether.

i like the way it seems like in other countries people just go and get fresh food every day. You made it sound so good. Even when you were describing the tomatoes and bread, i could just imagine it. I'm definately goin to the farmers market tomorrow.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Cops are still outside...hope they catch that guy. There's a full moon. Maybe that's why all the craziness. i know the full moon always gives me insomnia

My brother in law was an ambulance driver and he said they put more people on duty during full moons.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Good Morning. I got coffee!!!! and creamer....
Feeling better, its so asimple AH has to go to work and give me atleast $50 a week.

HAHA, no Im not counting on that, but I feel better.

My boss said even though Ford Credit calls me daily, (Im only 10 days late) they dont want my car, to keep talking to them and paying what I can. That takes stress off.

Today is gonna be a good day, starting right now
Old 06-29-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I did buy some books about writing and such...maybe I will dig them out.

I am not good at all at creative writing....I like to do descriptive and informative articles.

I know...a hangover makes me sick for a week.

Anyway, I used to have stacks of journals going back to when I was about 12 and spent my time closeted in my room writing...but I wound up burning everything from then and since....as too many people have violated my privacy.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Just sneeking in here to give a quick hello. Although internet access isn't monitered, I've got so many commercial applications on my desk I lost my favorite pen!!! Grrrrrrrr Someone is going to steal it!! LOL Would serve me right but still.........my favoite pen. That sucks!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Yea............I had to change it up a notch lol. My tounge started drying out.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:47 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Old 06-29-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I can't believe they make us work on Fridays!!!!!! Friday should be a prelude to the weekend and should I ever rule the world one day it will be.
  # 296 (permalink)  

im good. nothing special one way or another.
Glad its the weekend...almost, and next week Im off Wed and Friday and Tuesday half day we are having company picnic.

Think Im gonna do some organization this weekend round my home
  # 297 (permalink)  

Yeah...after I convince it to be mandatory to have naptime after lunch
Old 06-29-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

And snack time after nap time lol. It'll be like being back in kindergarden.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by palmtree View Post
Just so you know - and don't throw anything at me through your computer - but WE HAVE A LOOONNNGGGG week end here in Canada - this week end being Canada Day

You lucky duck!! I'm not throwing anything at you, I'm jealous lol.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

WOW,...folks I have just read an incredible thread...check out Letter to Self in this forum.
She should write recovery books professionally!

Cinder, I just went to the grocery with $18. Splurged yes on Vanilla creamer, tho International Delight is cheaper than coffeemate....for hubby and some Sprite Zero for both of us, but mostly him. I can drink decaf iced tea...which I bought last time.
I kept thinking of you. I don't know how you do it.
I was mad too...cause I put pot pies on my list after your reminder and that grocery doesn't carry any of the cheap ones...they are like $2.50 a piece! I had to search and search to find some for 3 for 2.39. I am checking a different grocery next time. I had to put back a big back of generic cereal because I was about $2.00 short.
Shaking my head.