SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Penny For Your Thoughts Part 15 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/127080-penny-your-thoughts-part-15-a.html)

Lovestoomuch 06-26-2007 06:47 AM

Penny For Your Thoughts Part 15

This one is dedicated to Teke.........the one who started this "Say whatever is on your mind" thread. We miss you lady!! Hope you're feeling better everyday and can get back here soon! :hug:

Ann 06-26-2007 06:59 AM

Sending prayers for Teke too, and hope she's well soon.

Hugs

cinderellawkids 06-26-2007 07:11 AM

We really miss you Teke, I hope you are feeling well soon.

duet_4-8 06-26-2007 07:34 AM

((((teke))))

kj0975 06-26-2007 08:13 AM

Still havent heard back from teke I will try her again later though. I dont want to bother her too much.

Anvil where r u I miss your morning updates about your great dinners the night b4 please come back to us!!!!!

Jewelz I hope everything is ok with u come back when u get a chance too

Finally hope all is well

Blues miss u too

Loves, Live, Cinder, Plam and everyone else good morning.

Live 06-26-2007 08:16 AM

Good morning!

I am cheerful...but having Issues today. Screw issues.

Lovestoomuch 06-26-2007 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by liveweyerd (Post 1385707)

Screw issues.

Yea!! Screw issues. I've decided I have to take care of a lot of things I've been putting off today, but vow to do it with a smile on my face. I think I can.......I think I can.......I think I can still squeeze my butt into those hip huggin jeans. Screw it!! Cept.......I'd better get going if I intend on accomplishing anything today. Half the day is over!! I'm smiling................:biggrin: See?

greeteachday 06-26-2007 08:30 AM

Live, I thought you were having trouble with screws... :)
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa174/Smily871/1.jpg

I like the idea of a Ban on Issues Day!

Live 06-26-2007 10:34 AM

Why have issues today when I can put it off until tomorrow.

I simply am not answering the phone unless the call is from Indiana.

Hey, daughter was getting toxemia....so they are going to induce her today at 5pm.
She could have just went on in to the hospital then, but we were both more worried about her hubs who is scared to death. for some reason he is scared they are both going to die in childbirth. So she decided not to call him at work and have him driving like a maniac in a panic for 2 1/2 hours. She's calm. I'm calm. By tomorrow I should have a new grandson and I am betting he is a big one. I need to go back and check...did I win my 2 week bet? She went home to have a light lunch, rest and wait for him to get home.Then they will go to the hospital. Gee, I think she is in better shape to drive. But ...can't have anyone getting too hyper around her..it shoots her blood pressure up dangerously. Guess that's why she knew she could talk to me. See, I can be rational! LOL She is fine. Her only worry when I talked to her yesterday was that they would not induce her today...but today there was protein in her urine which indicated kidney damage. So, no need to beg, plead and convince.
See, we had all ready decided yesterday how this was going to go down! LOL

I have to tell Edie that we can't be friends anymore and I can't work with her anymore. That's my issue. I don't even know how to say things like that. So, nope not answering the phone.

No upsetting issues today for me. They are BANNED.

I am going to have a joyous day.....I get a new baby!!!!!!

Live 06-26-2007 10:57 AM

ummm.....I am picky about that...I am Mema.

Greet, you broke me up laughing.

Listen, since loves needs to let some stuff out...why doesn't she just make that phone call for me?

HOW DO you tell someone that? I really don't know how!

liesagain 06-26-2007 11:04 AM

live...............prayers for the baby and the mommy....and of course you!

Prayers for Teke.......

hello to everyone else

liesagain 06-26-2007 11:13 AM

loves............I once worked in a pediatrics office and they did the circumcisions all the time........believe it or not the babies...cried more getting straped down than they did with the procedure............I've actually seen some babies not cry when the procedure happened..........plus it really is so much better to have it done now like someone else said at 5 or 6 its worse....and there shouldnt be discomfort after.........
you sounded not happy about your daughters decision.......but hey in her defense ( since I cant seem to help myself in defending people :) )
god made our earlobes solid too.........and we put holes in them all the time............:) :)

when my daughter was 6 weeks old I took her to get her ears peirced and her dad went with me...........she cried......no she screamed blood murder.....her dad grabbed her took her a few steps away from me turned and looked at me and said............."if she keeps crying and this is hurting her.........YOU WALK HOME!!!
Its funny now, but he was pissed he could not believe I did something "so useless" to his baby that made her cry...........well guess what she lived.....I didnt have to walk......and unlike kids that get their ears peirced later in life she never had an infection.........

SO>>>>>>>>>>>it will be ok nana your sweeet boy will be as good as new when you see him next...............hang in there

Live 06-26-2007 12:39 PM

thank you.
I just asked my sis on the phone...she says well, she never takes the advice on sleep on it for 24 hours so let's herself say what she has to say at the time.

I am the opposite. I don't like to react...even when perhaps I should. So I take my time to check with my heart, head and gut.
And talk to hubby.

I wish at the time, I would have just said,..."I don't think we have anything more to say to each other."

Course I was saying nothing. That's what I do when someone says things out of line to me.

Live 06-26-2007 01:00 PM

LOL

I like the advice keep it short. There really is nothing to discuss.

What I need to say is this: I don't hang around with people who disrepect me. I am sorry it has come to this. ...but then I don't want a reply or a discussion. Wimp is me! I hate confrontations.