Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Smile

Good luck!! Keep off 'em.

You'll be glad you did.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

I am watching Wanted Ted or Alive
Ted Nugent...bizarre man....teaching people to live off the land. He is cracking me up.
But....my nature is in the hills and with the Indians anyway....I am used to hunting for meat and picking wild greens, nuts and berries and gardens.
Or...actually...the men hunting.
Exabf lived off the land...his grocery shopping was milk, flour and bread. And his freezers are full.
I love squirrel dumplings and deer loin and gravy.
But I have been around all the butchering and etc.

I have to laugh sometimes.....meat doesn't come off a production line on styrofoam trays.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Smile

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
I am watching Wanted Ted or Alive
Ted Nugent...bizarre man....teaching people to live off the land. He is cracking me up.
But....my nature is in the hills and with the Indians anyway....I am used to hunting for meat and picking wild greens, nuts and berries and gardens.
Or...actually...the men hunting.
Exabf lived off the land...his grocery shopping was milk, flour and bread. And his freezers are full.
I love squirrel dumplings and deer loin and gravy.
But I have been around all the butchering and etc.

I have to laugh sometimes.....meat doesn't come off a production line on styrofoam trays.
That was my first concert back in 1975-Ted Nugent! LOL! He is a weird one.

I have always wanted to try and live off the land.

My brother used to hunt squirrel and cook it. it tastes like chicken. I tell people this and they look at me like i'm crazy!

I love deer meat, too. I've butchered deer, it's gross, but that's the way it is!

I guess you must have cable!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Ted Nugent....Zee-Wango Zee-Tango!!!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Cool, y'all.
See, I kind of love that kind of life!
It is so much more REAL.

This one gal is out there in her perfect manicure. LOL

Girls crying because you have to kill a chicken in order to eat chicken?

Actually he is being super nice.

I totally cracked up when he set them up for shooting practice by setting up bales of hay with tvs, microwaves, computers, cell phones etc for target practice.

Yeah, hubby has to have cable.
Remember he is disabled, so he has to sit at home most of the time.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

This one gal is out there in her perfect manicure. LOL

Girls crying because you have to kill a chicken in order to eat chicken?

Actually he is being super nice.

I totally cracked up when he set them up for shooting practice by setting up bales of hay with tvs, microwaves, computers, cell phones etc for target practice.

Yeah, hubby has to have cable.
Remember he is disabled, so he has to sit at home most of the time.
I used to split cable with my neighbor, but she moved...that's why i don't watch TV any more-nothing on without cable!

That's awsome they're using electronics as target practice LOL

We used to have chickens and butcher them, too. i was watching one of those shows once where these people where trying to live in the past and there was always a lot of crying when it came time to kill and eat the chickens!

i mean, you know these same people have no problem with buying them in a store all wrapped up!!

I would like to live between the two worlds, but it's hard to do.

I am busy throwing away/giving away any stuff i don't want so there'll be less to move.

i heard the 'Nuge" kills deer and gives them to the soup kitchens/
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  

I am so with about this!
Old 06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Loves! Help! I have gotten a bunch of new baby pics...for the life of me I can't get them to post. I have read and re-read and followed the instructions?
What is so hard about this?
Any tips?
I'm just getting this now.

go to photobucket.com and register. It's free. You can upload your pictures there, and once you have them in your album you can edit them to the right size to put on forum boards and e-mails. It's really easy. Just make sure you've saved your pictures to your picture folder in your documents. If you need anymore help just let me know
Old 06-30-2007, 06:56 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Loves I still think u do it that hard way lol. Hey it works. Well kids are gone and its been so lonley. Well I do have my computer back at least theres a plus. Got drunk friday I think I'm still hungover argh.... Now I totally understand how u felt last week loves this sucks.

I like ted nugent he was just here not to long ago. The Doobe or dube brothers are coming here soon we are going to go see them its at an outdoor park its pretty cool I saw george throughgood (sp) there a couple yrs ago. Well I should be cleaning but gotta go catch up on some reading around here!

Teke how r u doing?

Live grandson is just too cute. Looks a tad angry nope he wasnt ready for the world yet but the world was ready for him!!! Talk to everyone soon!!
Old 06-30-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Won't be around much

Just letting you all (see.......I'm getting better. Was going to put y'all lol) know that I probably won't be around much. I have my 11 year old this weekend and that time is devoted to her.

We're supposed to hit some thrift stores. I promised her we'd dress up in outfits we've put together ourselves (heaven help me) and take pictures. Soooooo.....we'll be looking for God knows what, but I'm sure it will be fun.

Then we'll probably play ball. She plays like Babe Ruth and I play like Lou Costello. She likes to make me run............ALOT!

Then we'll paint. We like to paint pictures and things. I love these weekends.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  

kj, I saw the Doobie Brothers many many years ago, they were great. Saw Nugent, Rolling Stones, Who, VanHalen, Blue Oyster Cult, ZZ Top, ect. I used to go to so many as a teenager. I saw the Eagles at Darien Lake a few years back, they are one of my favorites of all time. It was awesome, Then a few years back took the kids to see Aerosmith & realized I'm just too old to do the "crowd thing" like I used too. I now watch VH1 videos instead.
Must be in the air, I only had 2 martini's last night & now I remember why I don't drink them, my head hurts & feel fuzzy. Guess I'm a light weight for the real strong drinks.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Loves, have a nice weekend, sounds fun.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kj0975 View Post
Loves I still think u do it that hard way lol. Hey it works. Well kids are gone and its been so lonley. Well I do have my computer back at least theres a plus. Got drunk friday I think I'm still hungover argh.... Now I totally understand how u felt last week loves this sucks.

I was offered a drink the other night at my daughters. She wasn't drinking of course but they had some friends over for a get together. I wasn't even polite lol. I was like "hell no!" After last weekends hang around I think I'm good for another year. LOL
What is the easy way?? I know how to post the url links. Is that what you're talking about? You still need to make them smaller so it doesn't take people with dial up connections forever and a day to see the picture. LOL That would be me you know.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 354 (permalink)  

I just save them on my computer and go to manage attachments get them and post them. BOOM they are there no photobucket or anything. I dont know I couldnt use it (photobucket) too complicated for me.

Helpus I think I was at that aerosmith concert it was crowded! Motley crue was just as crowed I dont enjoy that much either. I heard willie nelson is coming I do want to see him!! momma dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys!!! Love it!

Off to the couch.... I really need to clean though our apt is so small and with the kids being here last week it looks like a tornado has come through! Oh and I wont even start about the cat and that bathroom he destroys daily!!! OMG speaking of cat he just booked down the stairs I hope he didnt hear a mouse!!!
Old 06-30-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Yeah I thought you looked familiar, must have seen you there. lol. The week before I took the kids there to see Dido, which was very nice, it was the first concert the I took the kids to other than N Sync when they were young. Then we were in line, me holding my favorite beach blanket of all time, wen we finally got to go in, I was told I couldn't bring in the blanket. My choice was to walk a gazilion miles back to the car or just throw it out. I reluctently threw it out. I said I didn't understand cuz the week before I could bring it in. I was told it was not allowed because someone could catch it on fire. I thought oh man, this can't be good. Then I went to get bottled water, they took off the cap & handed me the water, I said could I please have my cap like I had the week before, they sais no...they can be used as weapons. Now I'm thinking, what have I brought my kids too. They were 12 & 14. So we are standing in a massive crowd, not sitting nicley on banket like the previous week, & my youngest taps me & says, mom what is this? Someone handed her a joint. I took it & gave that along with a new butt hole back to the person that handed it too her. That was the offical end of my concert days,Aerosmith was awesome, but my nerves were shot.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Administrator

Okay...totally off topic, but this is an off topic thread right? Today I've been wondering about the difference in the way men and women think...My spouse, God love him, has gotten into throwing loads of laundry in. That's great...woo-hoo, and I have learned to never put anything in the hamper that shouldn't go in the washer or that might run, because there's no telling when he'll get the urge and there is no sorting, it just all goes in. But the killer is the dryer. If I'm not around and the load stops, it's up to his logic to decide what goes in and what doesn't. I've tried to explain but I'm still in training I guess.

Today I found 2 of tops a size or two smaller. I once again repeated my general rule of thumb for his laundry loads...if it is a bottom, it can go in the dryer (when called "chicken legs" you don't have to worry about overflowing the jeans, lol. If I could put what is on my waist onto my hips and legs, that would be cool) If it is a top, leave it aside. This seemed like a new rule of thumb to him...Apparently his logic was if it looked more dressy, don't put it in the dryer...If it was casual, do. He said I thought those were work out clothes. Hmmm, they weren't but still...co ed gym, am I supposed to look as if my clothes were painted on to work out???

I do give him tons of credit for effort, though...now I'll just hide the clothes that shouldn't go through the dryer until he isn't around!
Old 06-30-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

I'd give him credit for trying. In know with my hubby if I say too much about something being not quite right...it will be a long long time before he will try again. The only solution I could come up with at my house was I would leave the bottle of stain remover right on top of the washer. That ment he wasn't aloud to dry the clothes. Oh wait, yours is actually throwing the laundry in..well that won't work. But wow way to go. Could he please come over & hang out with my husband? Actually mine will try, but he joke that if it's something he truley doesn't want to do he will screw it up so bad he will never be asked again. I guess have a special basket that is off limits to him.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

oh man! I saw both Thorogood and Willie within the last couple of years. I always told hubby I would be faithful unless I got a chance at Willie..and hubby even tried to help me chase him to the tour bus. I managed to park right next to it! But he is slick and I was just a little too late!

Hubby and I danced together the whole Willie concert...man, it was LOVE!

I am into concert dvds.

I don't want to talk about hubbies and laundry. Why ruin a good mood? LOL
Old 06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

My fave by Willie...is Angel Flying Too Close To The Ground. Gives me chills everytime.

On a far more serious note...I just posted in WIR titled quandry...if any of you would...I would appreciate any input. I think I know what is right, but I just have this sinking feeling about it.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Administrator

it's funny, cuz hank is out whacking things (we need to replace a couple boards on the deck and have to clear all the viney things) and i was thinking i should get out there and help him....now i'm saying this to myself while: cleaning the kitchen, doing laundry, srubbbing the toilet, wiping down bathroom counters, making the bed.........ANd don't know about your sweetie, but if i'm in his line of sight too long he SUDDENLY gets a case of helpless and NEEDS me to do something..........perfectly capable to inept in three nanoseconds!!!! men.
Sounds very, very familiar...Why is it we feel guilty when there is one thing we aren't doing? I used to find I had to praise to high heavens for any little assistance or his feelings were hurt. Now I don't unless the praise is sincere, and funny thing is... he got over it...This recovery stuff is pretty amazing...actually works when you work it