Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 05-31-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Live have a good day and try to take it easy. I know being in pain is a bummer so dont over do it. I do enjoy working and being around other people I have always worked 2-3 jobs. Some choose to do different things that make them happy and really enjoy working 24/7 I am not one of them. I am grateful that I am able to take some time off and take the time to smell the roses. I work hard for my vacation time and I have never had a problem taking it. Just the way I am. I know others are less fortunate and cannot work or choose not too. For some of us though a vacation and some family time is very important. There are alot of added stress to working mothers and even more to working single mothers. I think everyone deserves vacation and not use it all for sick children although it happens I dont think thats what its meant for. just my 2 cents.

Live I am really looking forward to camping and just relaxing this weekend. Tonight it will be just us and tomorrow the rest of the family will join us. I couldnt sleep last night I was so excited I'm such a kid at heart!!! I hope everyone has a great weekend and takes time out to do something special for themselves. I will check back b4 I leave. Its about a 3hr drive YUCK!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:59 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

KJ, camping sounds so much fun. Ive said for years Im gonna go, amybe I should make a budget and plan it, a weekend get away. My rabrother works at a State Park where I can get a cabin, I wonder if I can get a discounted rate?..and its close enough to not be too far from my pets, course the dog will come.

I can plan adventures...I feel like a whole new person again. See those sad days pass, always we just gotta keep moving
Old 05-31-2007, 04:04 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

KJ, good point about vacations. My counselor once told me it was essential to my health cause I go on overload, adreniline kicks in, shift back to overload and then my body starts crashing mentally then physically. Actually a few months ago when I was upset about losing money from work, thats because my office manager makes it so I dont lose all my vacation time in one sickness, mine is split between 6 months, so I have a chance to hopefully take a little time, even a day (like today at some point.) I put in tentatively to ahve a few days before Labor Day weekend off. That way that times paid and I can relax and I cant be turned down for it, but if the kids get sick afterwords it will be docked.

I pray for a healthy year for all of us.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:09 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Sure bro' can get you a discount and your counselor is right......so GREAT IDEA!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:18 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

kj, I'm all packed too!...I hope you have a great time, it's so pretty up there. Have a smore for me.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:21 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Its actually not that expensive I think 17/night and theres a pool and stuff there plus playgrounds and other activities for the kids and your bro could probably get a discount. We tent it but we have a HUGE air mattress lol. So in that way we dont rough it. Its fun and I think u and your kids would have fun. My favorite part is the camp fires at night I cant wait til dark!!!
  # 167 (permalink)  

Somebody dump me out of this chair and into my work clothes!!!!!!!!
  # 168 (permalink)  

Come on up? is it up lol with us!!! Thanks for reminding me smores yummy!!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:23 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I love the campfires, too. Just not boogie men. LOL
Yeah tents are like 17 a night, and 25 for a cabin, which is a shell of a building with wooden shelves for bunks, I got my pump up itself airmattress though. Maybe I can get my sister and her boyfriend to stay with us. Theres, woods, and old indian civilization, more woods and canoes
Old 05-31-2007, 04:26 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Yeah there u go get them to go with u and split the cost!!! Now thats thinking. I guess I should get in the shower and ready for my meeting with the school this morning. I already lost my umph! lol. So much more to do!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Tiger photos.. if you can get tiger photos Cindi.

Love tigers.

Last time I got some I thought of using my X as bait.... Now THAT woud be a great photo!
Old 05-31-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

good morning - kj, i'm jealous i want to go camping too! have a great time. cindi, have fun at the zoo, my fav is the polar bears but not every zoo has them. every year i take the kids to the national zoo in DC to try and see the giant pandas but i haven't actually seen one yet, i'm starting to doubt that they're actually there!! live, hope your day gets better, i woke up with a headache agains so i know how much its sucks being in pain. i'm trying really hard to be in a good mood today, tommorrow is our 11th anniversary and eventhough i'm not actually expecting anything from him, i'm still kinda bummed about the whole mess. i had a brief irrational moment last night when i realized he called my cell yesterday afternoon and his message sounded depressed but when i called him back he wasn't home so of course i spent two hours worrying like crazy about were he was, but then he called me back and explained how he called between his two jobs hoping to just say hi and that everything was fine. i have to say though his honesty and openness about his recovery still bugs me out a bit, i try to just listen but its so weird hearing this stuff from the man who swore off any type of recovery for the last 7 years. oh well, i know its all a good thing. trying to get motivated now to actually do some work. hope you all have a great day.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

good morning everybody,

i have about 15 minutes before i have to meet moms at the mall - (we're buying teacher gifts) -

have fun at the zoo cinder - we have an open invitation to use husbands bosses house in daytona beach - they had a couple of condos at like 100 daytona shores towers or something - right on the beach when you turned off the hwy - they sold those and bought a house - put a pool in and stuff - if we go for spring break next year i'll let you know cinder - it would be so much fun to meet up - we have a new shark exhibit at our zoo - i think i'll go to the zoo soon - i love watching the kids watch the animals...

finally - i hope your anniversary is nice - maybe a nice surprise or two? - i have to try to appreciate husbands little gestures - like putting air in my tires (he swears he does it cuz he loves me...) he does buy flowers for anniversaries and valentines day - a surprise would be nice...

teke - are you out here????? - have a gentle day teke...

kj - have a great time camping - i'm not a camper - but we do have a firepit and make smores all the time - a winnebago is ok but if people snore i have to sleep outside - i'm at a point now where if there isn't a beach i'm not going - i guess that's why i have so few vacations - we are going to sisters house in michigan next week...

palm - hope your car gets fixed before you blow...

and elana - maybe cinder could have one of her sons stand by the bears and look like bait...

have a great thursday everyone - i'll be back...

love,
s
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
610229238106_0_BG[1].jpg (97.2 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-31-2007, 06:44 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

good morning itis, thats a really cute pic - i'm the same way about vacations - give me the beach or nothing! how are the lil guys doing? any word about them? i think about too.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

hey where'd everyone go - i feel lonely now. you guys can't do this to me, i have abandonment issues! LOL.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Just popping in to say hello.
Busy today with permit applications and such. Right now it's looking like we might be waiting until August for the new house.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

finallyout, bigsis... I am here back from my lunch break really wish I didnt have to be here at work today.

I went to my moms on my lunch break and Michael was sound asleep... looking so peaceful. I wish I could have plopped right next to him in the playpen and took a nap with him.

I am feeling out of sorts the past couple of days. I think having monday and tuesday off through me completely off. But heck tomorrow is friday and today is about half way done.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

haha blues... I am the opposite today and yesterday i just cant get into the groove of the work week.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

i'm not much in a working mood either- those long weekends always throw me off. i have tons to do but no motivation to do them. wish me and the kids were still at the beach.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

I wish I could be at the beach also but not in nyc... or at home in bed.