Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 05-29-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

BTW, I wanted to add, my gut feeling says...nothings really changed more than Ive seen before. Maybe theres more humility and acceptance. He said 1 -6 pack lead to losing his family, job, utilities and food and that was a route he had to overcome... Im skeptical and honestly I dont expect to hear from him when he gets paid, if he truly is working and had a short day, so Im concentrating on me and controlling my responses, when he comes up with some excuse as to why no money, its part of my learning to let go
Old 05-29-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good for u Cinders its gotta be hard to see him though. I'm sure alot of the emotions that have been tucked away come back to the surface. Either way for today he is working on himself and realizes what he has lost and what he needs to do to move forward. U can only control u and thats good that u see that now. I'm sure your kids enjoy u being back too and enjoy the non chaotic life takes some adjusting but it will all work out in the end.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

((((cindi)))) i know how hard it is to see him - especially when its so unexpected like that. i'm glad you were able to talk to him and glad that your house looked good - at least from the outside. letting go isn't easy but is sure helps keep us sane.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Guys, Im starting to have weird emotions... Gotta focus on something else.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:14 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

take the focus off him.. remember everything but take the focus off him and put it into your job, work and your New Pet Rat when you get home.. and your kids!

Go forward, not back even if it means imagining taking the steps to do so!
Old 05-29-2007, 11:16 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

imagining taking the steps to do so!
Thanks Elana, Ill do that.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

hey cindi - just wondering, your little one turns 3 in june right? have you made any plans for him yet? mine turns 3 in june too and i'm not sure what to do for him. he doesn't go to a daycare (just a babysitter at her house) so he doesn't have a lot of friends for a party. just wondering if you had any good ideas. (p.s. this is me trying to help you focus on something else!)
Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(p.s. this is me trying to help you focus on something else!)
LOL.

I dont do parties, ever. Just convince family members to do a little something, we just all have a cookout and play.
For mine, we are trying t get their rooms organized. Garret who just turned 6 is moving in with Daniel, almost 3, we hope by end of summer to have bunk beds and all there artwork set up. My kids are easy and low maintenance, as long as they have pets, squirt guns and slip and slides.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im missing Templeton, wanna run home and hug him, and he;'ll be happy to see me, not just cause I feed, him, but cause he loves to snuggle and todays his first day without rat brothers.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

yeah, i'm kinda over the parties too, although my older two insist on them so they can invite their friends - i used to go all out and plan huge parties and drive myself crazy trying to make them perfect, then i got over that!! its too much work. i'm thinking about taking them all to the pool for a little picnic. he LOVES the water, i think hes part fish.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:41 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i'm thinking about taking them all to the pool for a little picnic.
Those are the types of stuff I do and they seem to appreciate it. It helps since through my adult finances have been from great to nill. It also helps since we ahve family members who come in and out of our lives, the kids dont think much of not hearing from everybody (maybe thats a bit of my inner child coming out, but it seems to keep us all grounded)
Old 05-29-2007, 11:44 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

i think its time for me to hit the vending machine for chocolate. i know its bad, too many calories but oh well.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

ok now i think my boss is on drugs - he wants a 3000 piece mailing out by 5 - so not possible - especially with all the crap you already gave me. can i quit this stupid job yet???
Old 05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

LOL, your boss is having the kinda day mine is.

Early I barely responded to something, he asked if I was mad at him. I said NO, but I will only work in a low crisis environment so please help me keep it that way. He hasnt come back out of his office.

BTW, you should of seen the looks on everyones faces when we all piled in the elevator with AH. Priceless...I can imagine there thoughts, and I dont care. HAHHA. There imaginations hurt only them
Old 05-29-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Finally I hear ya on that one I had a boss that was like that. It was a job that no one wanted to give up anything for me to do like a competition. I would sit and beg all day for something to do and they would be like NOPE nothing for u. Then as I was walking out the door the boss would come up with this huge stack of crap that was sitting there on his desk all day and be like this needs to be done b4 u leave WHAT its time to go now. I hated that job. Then again not sure I have really loved all my jobs let alone like them.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Finally, Im still awaiting my prince charming to whish me away t a land where I stay home with the kids and he takes care of us.

Ill always dream of fairy tales
Old 05-29-2007, 11:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

LOL - i would have liked to see their faces too - and you're right - who cares what they think!!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

cindi, if you find that prince charming - make sure he has a brother for me!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Do you gals think we get in a place in our recovery where we outgrow a job or environment?
Old 05-29-2007, 12:02 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I think u do get like that. Right now I am thinking about just going back to school and really find a job I will love and something I really want to do not what I know how to do. If that makes sense. I dont think I would be happy today doing what I did when I was 16. I think as u grow u change and your interests change and what u want to do changes with you. Just my opinion.