QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 08-01-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Not sure if this counts as a quack or just pathetic: Kid told me today that her father told her if you drink a lot of orange juice at the same time as you do drugs, you won't overdose.

Wow, Sasha, just...wow.... There are no words....

... actually are a lot of words, but I best not use them

If we gave out awards here for the wackiest (quackiest?) qualifier, yours would definitely be in the running....
Old 08-04-2018, 09:18 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Truth from a few weeks ago

Her (after being totally MIA for a month): as you can see I have major problems going on & I need money now (couple thousand)

Me: No!

Her: How about if you give me a loan? I will pay you back.

Me: Ill send you a credit application (she has less than zero credit)

Her: Will there be a credit application fee?

Me: Yes that's how it works - No?

Her: Screw you
Old 08-06-2018, 11:05 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

This thread is funny (sad-funny, but funny). Just a few gems from my XABF:

1.) Comes over to my apartment after drinking at a barcrawl, downs a full glass of whiskey, stumbles to bed and knocks over a lamp, causing a big dent in the shade. Wakes up in the morning and says to me completely serious, "Jesus, what did you do to your lamp?"

2.) Texts from some of our "breakups" (he would "end" the relationship because I was being controlling by wanting him to seek help for his drinking, but then after a period of silence, would contact me again, apologize, and promise to get help. And I fell for it A LOT):

Him: "I'll never be able to do enough for you and I need to accept that." (He literally did NOTHING to address the drinking problem).
-------
Me: I'm sad to lose my best friend because he is choosing alcohol over me.

Him: "No that's not what this is despite you repeatedly expressing that. This isn't about drinking for me. I'm addressing that even if not in exactly the way you would write your story." (Again doing NOTHING to address the problem). "It's all about our other differences and that you desire to have veto power over all of my actions which I will not give you."

Me: "What other decisions have you made for me? You have done exactly none of the minimal list of things I have asked."

Him: "Fine. So we're even. I asked nothing of you and I did nothing of what you asked."

WUT?

3.) My best friend was visiting for the weekend and we went to a brewery for a few hours in the afternoon. My XABF came along (I definitely stressed that he was welcome to join, but I would not be upset if he'd rather do his own thing for the afternoon). I bought a round of beer for everyone and my friend bought a round. We seemed to be having a pleasant time, but it was strange when I noticed that XABF was more buzzed than me or my friend even though he has at least 60 lbs on us. What was even stranger was when he went to close a tab when we left even though he hadn't brought any beers to the table. I confronted him about sneaking drinks, which he lied about even though I saw the tab.

Later he admitted to it, but told me that he had to drink more because the conversation at the table "wasn't exactly stimulating".

Hahaha, ouch.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:26 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Oooo, sorry, I forgot a good one:

XABF is binge drinking all afternoon in our spare bedroom. He emerges from the room with his keys and announces he is going to the store.
I say, "[XABF], please do not drive."
He responds, "Liz, I'm not interested in anything you have to say."

So he leaves and drives to the store. I don't want to be around him when he gets back, so I decide to go to a friend's house. As I'm heading out the door to leave, I pass him drunkenly coming back up to the apartment, but I say nothing to him.

The next day, he tells me, "That was so hurtful when you walked by me last night and didn't say anything."

Soooo just to get this straight, you're not interested in anything I have to say, but you're hurt that I didn't say anything........
Old 08-07-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Him: I love You!

Me: I don't love you anymore!

Him: You don't know what you're missing! You don't know me!

(After an 8 year relationship... 7 years married)

Me: I do know you and I don't like you or the person you have consistently shown me.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

This was earlier in the year:

"I do not abuse you." While calling me a stupid effing lazy B.

This is extra sad because AH was a combat medic, civilian paramedic and a nurse. I found certificates from his nursing school where he went through substance abuse training AND DV training. *sigh*
Old 09-05-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Life is good

"I have never abused you!"

Yeah, I've heard that one. Once upon I believed it, until I started learning about abuse. Talking to the domestic abuse help hotline the very first time, they listened, they helped me see some of the abuse going on. I keep learning and clarity keeps coming.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:32 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Life is good

"I haven't been drinking."

While standing in a stupor and reeking of alcohol.

While seeming sober yet I just saw him crouched behind a vehicle drinking liquor.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:33 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post

While standing in a stupor and reeking of alcohol.

While seeming sober yet I just saw him crouched behind a vehicle drinking liquor.
He's only lying to himself.
Old 09-05-2018, 04:48 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

(A couple of years ago, after ex had an alcohol-involved blowout with his second wife that ended up with him calling the cops on her and scaring the heck out the kids that were in the home, including mine).

Me: You scared the heck out of Kid. I do not want her exposed to more police calls.
Ex: Oh yeah? I did that to teach [wife #2 ] a lesson. And anyway, I should have called the cops on YOU when we were married.

... and that sort of non-logic is one of the reasons why we are no longer married.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:59 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I’ve heard so many from my XABF but can’t remember all of them. I just remember thinking at the time “Quack!”
The one that stands out for me, though, so much that I never forgot it:
“My grandfather was an alcoholic and lived to the age of 82! He had no health problems as a result of his drinking, so I will live to be old and have no alcohol-related health issues, too! So stop bringing up that I’m slowly killing myself!”
Not always those words, but always the sentiment.
He also blames his parents for him being an alcoholic. They didn’t tell him his grandpa was an alcoholic, so he didn’t realize he had the gene and was more susceptible. He wouldn’t have started drinking - at 14 - had he known.
Me: “Since you feel that way, when are you planning on discussing the addiction genes with your DS and DD?”
Him: “They don’t need to be burdened with such heavy issues at their age. They should just be kids.”
He has been drunk around them regularly - and I honestly don’t understand why his ex wife would have left them in his care a few times. More than once she’s shown up to drop them off and he was too drunk to stand!
Old 09-08-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

My AH complaining that he cant go to Canada because of his DUI.

“Yeah, Canada is really nasty.”

Our son replied “Maybe Canada thinks driving drunk is really nasty”
Old 09-08-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

My BFF goes to serve AXBF court documents while he's at work so I can renew my DVRO. He asks her if they can talk outside and proceeds to call me an evil B who got a terrible case of post-partum depression which caused me to kick him out of the house, take away his baby, and ruin his life. And then, as if all of that wasn't bad enough, he asks her, "You think I'm a good father, right?"

QUACK!

This is the same guy who used to watch our newborn drunk/stoned, leave her unattended on the changing table, and hasn't seen her in over a year because he says the supervised visits are too expensive. Yeah, man. You're father of the friggin year!
Old 09-09-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaveHer View Post
My BFF goes to serve AXBF court documents while he's at work so I can renew my DVRO. He asks her if they can talk outside and proceeds to call me an evil B who got a terrible case of post-partum depression which caused me to kick him out of the house, take away his baby, and ruin his life. And then, as if all of that wasn't bad enough, he asks her, "You think I'm a good father, right?"

QUACK!

This is the same guy who used to watch our newborn drunk/stoned, leave her unattended on the changing table, and hasn't seen her in over a year because he says the supervised visits are too expensive. Yeah, man. You're father of the friggin year!
I never had kids with my AH (Thank God) but he asked me one day, What would your best friend think of you doing this to me?! She would hate you!!!

LOL She would hate me if I went back!
Old 09-09-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
"I have never abused you!"

Yeah, I've heard that one. Once upon I believed it, until I started learning about abuse. Talking to the domestic abuse help hotline the very first time, they listened, they helped me see some of the abuse going on. I keep learning and clarity keeps coming.
Yeah, I've heard the "I don't/have never/am not abus(ing) you" excuse before. I also believed it.

Once, XAH was shouting at me after a couple's therapy session. I had made the mistake of complaining about not being happy with him in session. It was probably one of the few times I did it, all the other times, I would focus on how I could take more care of him, how I could expect less of him... etc. [why did the therapist not think this was wack? Oh, because he used to call her from time to time in private and fake-cry and say that I was "expecting too much" and that he had a mental illness (as if!)... like, if I expected him to not throw tantrums when I didn't give him money... or if I expected him to ask me how my day was when we were having dinner... that was "too much".] So he was shouting at me, saying that I only thought about myself and that I expected "too much" from him... etc.

And I said, "please stop shouting in my face, it's scary and abusive behavior. If you stop shouting, we can discuss the situation calmly."

Then he leaned in close to me and hissed through his teeth, "If you think I'm abusive..." and then he suddenly screamed, "THEN F**K YOU!!!"

Months later, I ended up on the receiving end of help from a domestic violence service (and help from some of his ex-girlfriends) and I learned that abuse is not only physical violence, but a spectrum... and often the more subtle forms of abuse can do a lot of lasting damage.

I think once the quacking starts, it's best to get away from them because it just shows you that they are going to lie to protect their addiction. They will lie to you, their mother, the cops, the courts, and themselves. They no longer live on planet earth so don't keep flying out to meet them.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

He’s mad because I didn’t agree with how he handled a work situation that came up. He asked and I told him I thought he should refrain from doing what he suggested. He did it anyway.

He got all pissy and as I was about to say dinner is ready he yelled “I don’t want your f@(king food” and slammed the bedroom door. Uh yea because you not eating dinner affects me. Stop throwing a baby tantrums it’s getting old.
Old 09-09-2018, 09:53 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Wow, he's one smart kid! 😁QUOTE=BitingTheBullet;7006661]My AH complaining that he cant go to Canada because of his DUI.

“Yeah, Canada is really nasty.”

Our son replied “Maybe Canada thinks driving drunk is really nasty”[/QUOTE]
Old 10-14-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Bump
Old 10-14-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Heres one for you...
While tidying out the shed l find a half full bottle of vodka under some car mats on the top shelf...i ask AH what on earth is it doing there...his response? "I put it there after our last barbeque in case we ever get visitors in the future who want a drink"
Me: but why not store it in the house?
AH: "because l would drink it if its in the house" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣what a crock of 💩
Old 10-15-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Alcoholic: "I read online that the side effects of my asthma inhalers cause depression and anxiety !"

A week later. ...

Alcoholic: "I watched this TED talk today and it says that unhealthy gut bacteria is what causes depression and anxiety !"