QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 03-05-2018, 06:05 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

When I stopped drinking around him and he took me out to dinner:

Him: So you really aren’t going to have a glass of wine?

Me: No, I’ve told you repeatedly I’m done drinking around you. You can do whatever you like but I’m having water.

Him: (completely exasperated) Well then I guess we can’t get married then!!

Me: First off I never said I wanted to marry you. Two, you realize being a drinker isn’t a prerequisite for marriage right?

Him: When you’re married you have to do everything together. Including drinking. That’s marriage.

Omg I almost fell out of my chair laughing at that one and he thought he was right and I just don’t get it. Given that he’s divorced and I’ve never been married, his superior knowledge about how a marriage works makes it even better.

I started trying to call him to the bathroom every time I used it and then reminded him if we were going to get married someday we had to do everything together. He didn’t think it was as funny as I did.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
Before I knew not to argue with a drunk.....
Me- you're an alcoholic, you're destroying our marriage with your drinking.
AH-You're the one with the problem. Your problem is with your mom being an alcoholic. It's not that bad, you're projecting this on me when its her you have the problem with.

*Still shaking my head on his reasoning.
I'm sorry BUT his comeback with "your momma" made me chuckle. It's drunken whatever but..
Old 03-06-2018, 12:15 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yep, that reasoning came out of his mouth too many times to count. Now when I think of living with drunks, instead of a quacking duck, I see the Chesire cat from Alice In Wonderland. He just talks nonsense while Alice stands there trying not to laugh, or run away screaming.
Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I'm sorry BUT his comeback with "your momma" made me chuckle. It's drunken whatever but..
Old 03-09-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I love this thread. Apart from the humour it reminds me to not take anything he says too seriously, especially when I feel we are entering 'through the looking glass.' In the past I would try and reason, counter, show evidence, etc, what a waste of time. Now I just think in my head 'i know what I know' followed by 'quack, quack quack.' One day I might just flaps my arms like a duck and say it out loud!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:12 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Givenup.....the image of you flapping your wings like a duck is making me laugh out loud!! Oh, Please do it---and, let us see the video...?!
Old 03-12-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

XAG seeing me smoke a joint, after I had quit smoking cigs, drinking, hadn't smoked weed for months, and had been attending ACA meetings for months: "Drug addict!"
All of her friends are alcoholics, potheads and semi-regular coke users of course. But I'M the addict.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

'through the looking glass.'
Haha, I had a couple girlfriends also married to alcoholics - uggg the names we all came up with for when they "turn"...and you know $h!ts about to go...umm...sideways...were are ours (all 3 of us are free now fwiw):

I would get texts from one that would say "well...dark side Daryl came out last night." Eventually this got abbreviated to DSD for times sake.

I adopted this to some extent for my own circumstance at the time, and on THOSE NIGHTS, my text would say...."we'll, here I am, on Dark side Daryls insane train to crazy town again."

The other friend would call it "bat country" from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. She would call me and say, "can we get together? I need to get out of here because we're about to enter Bat Country."

Ugg - the things we do to find humor in that situation! Whatever gets us through, right!?!
Old 03-12-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Holy cows, firebolt, "bat country" is such a perfect description...and nobody draws Bat Country like Ralph Steadman:

Old 03-12-2018, 10:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

AH was slurring speech drunk. We were sitting in bed watching tv.

I'm not ashamed to admit, sometimes when he was that drunk I'd try to discuss _____ topic because I knew he'd be more likely to talk openly and not argue.

He was sitting up, leaning back against the headboard. I don't remember what I asked him. But, he crossed his arms, started shaking his head no and told me "I'm not saying anything because you take advantage of me when I'm drunk". He sat there, arms crossed, staring at the tv, refusing to speak.

I laughed because he looked like a 4 year old boy, pouting, refusing to talk. And I told him "youre right, that's exactly what I was doing. On rare ocassions, you're kinda smart when you're plastered."

I still laugh every time I think about that. 😂😂😂
Old 03-14-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

This morning after a “three strikes you’re out” behavior where I basically told him (after he sobered up) that I want off of this merry-go-round I received this text:
Why can't we just blow it off and think of it as a couples argument?
Old 03-14-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Omg

Originally Posted by mellybug2018 View Post
this morning after a “three strikes you’re out” behavior where i basically told him (after he sobered up) that i want off of this merry-go-round i received this text:
Why can't we just blow it off and think of it as a couples argument?
Old 03-14-2018, 08:47 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Me : how long will you be away on the business trip?
Him Just a day
Me Oh, just a day for going so far (seemed implausible but did not press further)

He did not come back after a day. I text him
Me: I thought you were coming back today?
Him: No I will be back tommorrow
Me: But I know you told me it would be a day
Him: Well, I arrived Tuesday after 12 midnight (left on Tuesday at 5pm) and return on Thursday morning so technically it is a day.
Me: Funny my calendar shows 2 days if you leave on Tuesday and come back on Thursday. I must get me one of your calendars.

In the twilight zone big time and he is sober. It seems to me that they still have to bend the truth, manipulate, etc, never ceases to amaze me
Old 03-14-2018, 09:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Yep. My XAH once got lost in the supermarket for hours and hours. When he came home drunk he told me he wasn't drunk he was just distressed from being lost in the aisles for so, so long...
Old 03-14-2018, 10:52 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Givenup...I am sitting here and giggling....(let me know where you can get one of those calendars...I want one, too)...

LLLisa...come on...don't tell me that you have never been lost for hours and hours in the supermarket, yourself...!?
Old 03-15-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Gru

(texting from his mens' drinking club)
Abf- My stomach hurts from that pizza last night.
Me- Maybe it's the beer.
Abf- I didn't have beer. (He had beer with lunch)
Me- ...what are you drinking?
Abf- booze.
Old 03-15-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

AW: I'm getting healthier, I gave up cheese and bread.
Me: The why are you sacking on Goldfish and pizza?
AW: (crickets chirping)
Old 03-15-2018, 12:41 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

After AF was taken by ambulance for, I guess withdrawal? (he stopped taking his antidepressants COLD TURKEY while continuing to full on drink) he texted me saying that after they stabilized him, the doctor told him he was in GREAT health.

Pfft. Yeah. Ok. (insert eye roll)
Old 03-15-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

AH: My gout is really flaring up
Me: I'm sorry
AH: Must have been the red meat I ate two days ago
Me: Couldn't be the beer everyday, could it?
AH: No, I can't eat red meat...
Old 03-27-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I've got a few more ...

Ex missed a court date at which he was ordered to pay a whole lot of child support. His reason? "I was getting staples taken out of my head".
Old 03-27-2018, 04:04 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

... and another:

Ex is perturbed because I won't allow unsupervised visits with Kid, following a suicidal incident the past weekend (I know, that's not the funny part). Ex attempted to use logic and rationality to persuade me to rethink my decision:

"If you don't let me pick up Kid I will call the police and have you arrested and charged with contempt of court. Then you will be convicted of a crime and go to jail. After you get out of jail you will never be able to travel to the UK again for work because of your criminal record".

For some reason this did not convince me that it would be a good idea to send Kid over to his place.