QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 05-28-2023, 08:35 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Bumping this up for those that haven't seen it - just in case you think you are alone, you're not.
Old 11-19-2023, 08:39 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Bumping again
Old 11-20-2023, 12:04 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

My Aunt was an alcoholic. I was living at my Father's house at the time and one night, late, she came to the door, obviously distressed. I let her in and gave her some coffee (she was drunk).

She told me my Uncle had died, <his name> is dead - she cried and cried. We sat there until around 2-3 in the morning.

I said to my dad in a low tone the next morning, Aunt x is here, Uncle x has died.

Long story short, I find out Uncle x is alive and well!

Now the stranger thing is, I was talking to a 2nd cousin a few months ago (someone I have never met, she messaged me). She was looking for pictures of said Aunt and wondered if I had any. I said I would look. Apparently Aunt's Son (who became an addict and eventually overdosed) decided she was dead and yes, you guessed it, went to her house when she wasn't there and tore up all the pictures.

She was alive and well.

Old 12-14-2023, 08:16 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

My husband has told me multiple times, while drunk, that he was fired. He was not.

This one isn’t funny, but he told me my grandfather had hurt his son (my stepson). My grandfathers died 13 and 3 years before AH and I even met. Neither he nor stepson ever met my grandfathers.

Yesterday, I found a Dr. Pepper bottle behind some books on a shelf. It was full of wine. He said he kept it to remind him not to drink, and that his therapist said it was a good idea to keep some wine around so he wouldn’t drink it.
Old 12-30-2023, 07:28 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Any comment about how sobriety is boring or not fun. Sir/ma’am, this is not Chuck E Cheese.