QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 10-15-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

😒

Originally Posted by surfbee View Post
alcoholic: "i read online that the side effects of my asthma inhalers cause depression and anxiety !"

a week later. ...

Alcoholic: "i watched this ted talk today and it says that unhealthy gut bacteria is what causes depression and anxiety !"
Old 10-15-2018, 11:36 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surfbee View Post
Alcoholic: "I watched this TED talk today and it says that unhealthy gut bacteria is what causes depression and anxiety !"
My XAH still claims that he has a very damaged gut due to a bout of salmonella he had in 2003. He doesn't acknowledge whatsoever that necking liters and liters of cheap claret gives one constant diarrhea.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surfbee View Post
Alcoholic: "I read online that the side effects of my asthma inhalers cause depression and anxiety !"

A week later. ...

Alcoholic: "I watched this TED talk today and it says that unhealthy gut bacteria is what causes depression and anxiety !"
Well, at least they are all agreed that the one thing that couldn't possibly contribute to anxiety and depression is alcohol. LOL

The denial is baffling.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

This thread always makes me laugh--sometimes more of a groan. And what LizAnon said about the denial being baffling made me think about how much denial I used to be in as well.

I bet our normie friends could post a quackers thread about things we've said about the A in our lives as well.

Things like...

"He's not an alcoholic. He's different."

"Things are going to be different this time."

"He only started drinking again because he's really stressed out."
Old 10-16-2018, 05:46 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I mean, I know my friends wanted to whack me upside the head for staying with AXBF for so long and making every excuse for him in the book.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

I'm dealing with the quacking again of "I've been unhappy in this marriage for years" and "I've been trying to pretend that I love him (his son) but it was just to spite her (ex)." I know this is the quacking of someone who is trying to justify continued use but I am feeling so, so sad about it all right now.

I guess the other quacking is what started the most recent relapse about two months ago "I'm just going to binge for 3 days for my vacation. I'll stop again when I go back to work."
Old 10-17-2018, 09:54 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SaveHer View Post
This thread always makes me laugh--sometimes more of a groan. And what LizAnon said about the denial being baffling made me think about how much denial I used to be in as well.

I bet our normie friends could post a quackers thread about things we've said about the A in our lives as well.

Things like...

"He's not an alcoholic. He's different."

"Things are going to be different this time."

"He only started drinking again because he's really stressed out."
"He only started drinking again because insert excuse here". Whatever he told me, I bought it, and defended him to family/friends...ugh
Old 11-02-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

AW came up to our master bath last night, then stuck her face in the sink, passed out for about 10 minutes. Came to, walked out of the room to the landing between the floors, sat down, and passed out for about 30 minutes.

This morning I asked what was going on... the answer: "I was hot, so I thought I would lie on the floor!" Followed up by: "I think it might be menopause, it's doing weird sh*t to my body!" Plus she REALLY testy that I asked, so that means it ain't menopause.

So, menopause makes you act like a drunk!! Which, in my 50+ years of being on this earth and the women I've known that went thru menopause - this is a first!! I guess the last 7 years of drunk-like behaviour must have all been attributable to 'pre-menopause'!!

The quack of the day!!
Old 11-02-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I heard a few from my XABF a bit ago - during our last conversation:
”I love you too much to say F@&! you.”
The very next text, “F@&$! You! I can do better!”
Me: “Then please do, and leave me alone.”

”I’ve never done anything to hurt you. What have I done? I didn’t beat you.”

”I only ridiculed you to push you to be better.”

”You just don’t want to see me because you still love me and want to have sex. You’re a horn dog. I never said anything about sex but you just want it all the time!” (I got to the point I never wanted it because who wants a stinking, flopping fish that can’t do anything to please either party in that state?)

After I told him not to contact me again - a half an hour later the text, “I can’t lose my job over your b.s. and drama! I needed to be in bed an hour ago and you won’t let me sleep!”

Him contacting one of my friends, “Please tell Mellybug to unblock me so I can ask her out on a proper date.”

Ugh, I don’t know who I am more disgusted with at this point - him or me, for attempting civility in the face of delusional insanity.
Old 11-15-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Exercise, that’s the ticket!

Him: (Shows me equipment on Amazon) “I wanna get this because I’m feeling weaker and weaker.”
(Ignores the 15-16 drinks he’s had since Monday)

Me:
Old 11-16-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I don't know where this belongs. It's quackers of the in-laws.

MIL to H: You can bring the beer to Christmas.

H: I'm not bringing beer.

MIL: Than you can bring the wine.

H: I'm not bringing wine.

MIL: I never spend more than 7 dollars for wine. So you can bring the wine.

H: I'm not bringing the wine.
Old 11-17-2018, 01:37 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lunchbox1 View Post
Him: (Shows me equipment on Amazon) “I wanna get this because I’m feeling weaker and weaker.”
(Ignores the 15-16 drinks he’s had since Monday)

Me:
Yeah...my AH..."l dont know why lm not losing weight?" Then once im in bed the booze pork pies crisps etc come out for the midnight feast...lol
Old 11-17-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
Yeah...my AH..."l dont know why lm not losing weight?" Then once im in bed the booze pork pies crisps etc come out for the midnight feast...lol
OMG this!!!! My AH has all sorts of GI problems and hes gained like 70lbs and doesnt understand why. The doctor actually said at his last scope that he needed to avoid alcohol and of course he doesbt listen. And I've been doing Keto/low carb since may and have lost a little over 50lbs and hes lost nothing.. well dummy maybe you should stop eating snack cakes and bread and pasta and rice.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by alwayscovering View Post
OMG this!!!! My AH has all sorts of GI problems and hes gained like 70lbs and doesnt understand why. The doctor actually said at his last scope that he needed to avoid alcohol and of course he doesbt listen. And I've been doing Keto/low carb since may and have lost a little over 50lbs and hes lost nothing.. well dummy maybe you should stop eating snack cakes and bread and pasta and rice.
Congrats on your weight loss!
Yeah..they dont seem to realise the all booze and crap they consume is causing the weight gain. And late at night is the worst time too!!
Old 11-19-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Ladyscribbler, I hope you don't mind that I'm reposting this from back in February. It's got to be one of the best quacks I've ever heard.

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler......
For future reference, other things that smell "exactly the same" as alcohol include but are not limited to: cat sweat, gasoline/diesel fuel, strong tea, vitamins, anything given to someone by a neighbor and pond water.
I'm sure I missed something, but those are the ones I remember hearing about from the exhole (thanks to NWGRITS for one of my favorite words of all time).
Old 11-20-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
Ladyscribbler, I hope you don't mind that I'm reposting this from back in February. It's got to be one of the best quacks I've ever heard.

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler......
For future reference, other things that smell "exactly the same" as alcohol include but are not limited to: cat sweat, gasoline/diesel fuel, strong tea, vitamins, anything given to someone by a neighbor and pond water.
I'm sure I missed something, but those are the ones I remember hearing about from the exhole (thanks to NWGRITS for one of my favorite words of all time).
I couldn't help but laugh. *sigh*
Old 11-20-2018, 07:50 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Don't forget mouthwash! Especially the special prescription kind that is only available from the special dentist, and you have to hold it in your mouth for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES. It even fools breathalyzers into thinking you've consumed alcohol.
Old 11-20-2018, 10:20 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Don't forget mouthwash! Especially the special prescription kind that is only available from the special dentist, and you have to hold it in your mouth for FIVE WHOLE MINUTES. It even fools breathalyzers into thinking you've consumed alcohol.
Well that's powerful stuff. Someone should put a patent on it. 😯
Old 11-22-2018, 11:14 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

My alkie hubby has been having hallucinations lately.

He commented to me this morning that he isn't worried about them as everyone gets them. "Erm, no they don't", I replied!
Old 11-23-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
I have prescription mouthwash. That isn't on the label...maybe it should be...