QUACKERs.... Part 4

Old 01-24-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

ROFL at your question!
Originally Posted by alwayscovering View Post
How long has he had this food poisoning and how long does it he think that lasts?
Old 01-24-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

It seemed to be happening weekly
Old 01-25-2019, 03:35 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wamama48 View Post
ROFL at your question!
I ask because AH keeps getting these flu like symptoms that appear on monday and are usually gone by thursday or friday...He doesn't understand why he's "sick" all the time :Giant Eyeroll:
Old 01-27-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

The morning after a drunken debacle:

AH: (rolls eyes and acts annoyed) What did you want to talk about?

ME: You were really drunk last night and said some awful hurtful things that aren’t true. It hurts me when you treat me like that and I’m afraid our kids are going to hear you. I tried to escape you but you followed me upstairs and kept harassing me. I don’t want you to do that again. It’s verbal abuse.

AH: (rolls eyes and sighs) Are you serious? Everyone has marital squabbles. You don’t have to be dramatic to get attention. (Walks away).
Old 01-27-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

XAGF comes home tipsy from an early afternoon job interview at a restaurant (she needed to work because her credit card was maxed out after being on EI for eight months, by choice...she drank too much to last the whole twelve months on EI) : "After the interview I stopped for a cocktail at the place across the street, you know, to check out the competition"
​​​​​​
She didn't get the job.

Or another one. Early afternoon "I had a coffee and then my friend came by so I had another coffee and I got the jitters so I had a beer". I hadn't even asked why she had a beer...
Old 01-27-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

((ukiah77)) that's awful.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:21 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
((ukiah77)) that's awful.
I know . Just another day in our household. I tried to follow the advice, talk to your A when they are sober the next morning, set boundaries, etc and this is how he responded. Married 15 years, 3 kids under 12.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Ex got bent out of shape because court documents make reference to his "acknowledged alcoholism". He wants the documents to read "acknowledged having been diagnosed with alcohol use disorder", which apparently is very, very different.
Old 02-09-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Once, my AH had a bottle of brandy in the cupboard and the level in the bottle actually went UP! I asked how the brandy had increased itself lol..he said he had no idea. Then he got defensive and said it obviously bothered me that he had booze in the house and claimed to have poured it down the sink later that day to get rid of it (like l would believe that!). 3 days later another bottle of brandy appeared in the cupboard...
Old 02-09-2019, 07:34 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

AH pretends to know everything about health

AH will quickly get on the latest health kick...whether it be Apple cider vinegar or tummeric. He always over indulges in whatever is the latest and then he drops that fad completely and moves on to the next one. He always over does whatever he does just like he does with alcohol. The one thing he does keep making and eating most of the time is salad but he eventually drops most of what is good for him. I have fun listening to him telling our friends how healthy he is and how concerned he is with his health. Especially funny when most of them know the real truth and he's fooling very few if any.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Ex got bent out of shape because court documents make reference to his "acknowledged alcoholism". He wants the documents to read "acknowledged having been diagnosed with alcohol use disorder", which apparently is very, very different.
This makes me crazy. AH says he's not addicted to alcohol, he abuses it...I don't say it -anymore but OMG it's the SAME thing!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2019, 07:27 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

I asked XAH what happened to my special gluten free beer in the fridge.

He told me he poured it down the sink so he wouldn't be tempted to drink it.

When I asked XAH about the doctor's visit summary I found that said "diagnosis: alcoholism" on the top, he said that meant he went to do the doctor to talk about whether or not he might have a problem with alcohol. (The crazy part is, I kind of believed it for a minute.)
Old 02-11-2019, 10:56 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

The alcoholic here says he'll know when he's had enough to drink when he starts throwing up.

But when one can drink 8 hours straight or do things like drink over a dozen beers followed by or with 3-6 shots without flinching I doubt they will get the alcohol poisoning a non drinking fraternity pledge will experience in college drinking the same.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

The last six years of his life, Late AH was fired three times. I was pushing him to look for work, instead of spending the morning waiting for 12 o' clock,and drinking till bedtime thereafter.

He said, "We only have one bathroom. How would we both get ready for work?"
Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh Velma...I am ROTF after this one. I mean, if we cannot both cram in the bathroom....why get a job at all!!!

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
The last six years of his life, Late AH was fired three times. I was pushing him to look for work, instead of spending the morning waiting for 12 o' clock,and drinking till bedtime thereafter.

He said, "We only have one bathroom. How would we both get ready for work?"
Old 02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by thequest View Post
The alcoholic here says he'll know when he's had enough to drink when he starts throwing up.
Hmm. I think that's the point at which most normal people would know they've had too much to drink. "Enough" was a few drinks back.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Does he take me for an idiot?

AH: put juniper berries on the shopping list
Me: Why?
AH: oh, for stews and stuff...
me: stares him down
AH: (smirking) it’s for my next little experiment

TL;DR: he likes to justify buying spirits rather than just wine and beer by saying he’s going to make something. In this case I’m gonna say he’s trying to make gin. He actually thought I’d buy “for stews and stuff”. I have a doctoral degree...
Old 02-13-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lunchbox1 View Post
AH: put juniper berries on the shopping list
Me: Why?
AH: oh, for stews and stuff...
me: stares him down
AH: (smirking) it’s for my next little experiment

TL;DR: he likes to justify buying spirits rather than just wine and beer by saying he’s going to make something. In this case I’m gonna say he’s trying to make gin. He actually thought I’d buy “for stews and stuff”. I have a doctoral degree...
This made me laugh out loud.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
This made me laugh out loud.
glad I could brighten your day lol! Gotta laugh to keep from crying.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
Hmm. I think that's the point at which most normal people would know they've had too much to drink. "Enough" was a few drinks back.
Well in his grandiose image of himself he says since that's how a lot of celebrities and pop stars passed that's how he knows when he'll know. But this 'adult' is actually much closer to a freshman fraternity pledge who winds up with alcohol poisoning during an initiation party.