Creating New Habits

Old 03-18-2022, 08:40 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for the results and for the work situation Mizz

D
Old 03-21-2022, 09:08 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Wow, Mizz. Fantastic update, with that great sense of humor infused throughout your description of the events.

Yeah, that biopsy indeed sounds pretty rough. But you did it!

Wishing you the best outcome and progress on the work situation.

You have handled yourself with aplomb!

Old 03-24-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

One week out from the biopsy. My eye is doing really well. I have to use steroid drops 4 times a day along with antibiotic drops four times a day. Its been hard to keep track of with my life in constant motion now. Its getting done though. My eye looks clear and healthy. There is a feeling of cracking or splitting after I get off a run. I was told this is the scar tissue. Perhaps that feeling will be less over time? I'm in an adjustment period for sure.

My home life is healthy.

My work life is moving towards being healthy. Admin and the main boss, our GM, the man who ultimately says yes or no, is making sure that we are all moving in a healthy direction. So, that is a GIANT positive. He has been checking in and asking questions. Nothing major but just checking in on if we are working as a team. Very helpful and very necessary for now. I do think over time we will be able to trust one another again. Its going to be a long journey but one that will produce health.

There is a scheduled meeting today about the Floral department and meeting expectations. So, Im ready to hear and see what that is all about. We will reach those expectations. I'm bringing along my coworker, my interim Team Leader, a notebook, a tape recorder, a video recorder, and a stenographer. When a tree falls in the woods.......Kind of stuff. Just covering all areas until I know we are actually being forthright.

Im back to weights and getting on with training. End of July is the Half Marathon. So, Ive got some mental blocks to overcome and time to conquer. If I think about the half marathon in minutes or hours then I am good. I dont want to make a PR at all. Just get it done and say that WE DID IT!

Sober. Finally healthy. Finally. GO US!
Old 03-24-2022, 07:56 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

You are AMAZING, Mizz. Sending positive thoughts your way for strength, peace, and stamina 🤓❤️
Old 03-25-2022, 01:32 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Mizz, your updates are always a joy to read.
Old 04-01-2022, 07:06 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Biopsy results are "without atypia." This means I can pass go and collect $200.00. I am free. No more eye treatments! Its over.

There is nothing more to report.

Sober 540 days
Old 04-01-2022, 03:34 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

That’s fantastic News Mizz - congratulations!

D
Old 04-02-2022, 11:22 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Great news Mizz!
Old 04-05-2022, 07:39 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, Mizz!

So happy for you! You are reaping the rewards of a sober life, my friend.

Your positivity is so infectious and I have really learned from you.
Old 04-06-2022, 06:18 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

My coffee pot has died again. We have the worst luck with coffee pots. It doesnt matter the cost or how gentle we are with them.
They die quickly, loudly, and dramatically.

Yesterday a customer came in. She said "I tested positive for COVID. What do you have here that can help me?"
If I was drinking something at that moment I would have sprayed it everywhere..... I mean, WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING TO ME RIGHT NOW? Those BOLD capital letters were moving through my head real quick and real loud. "Ummmmmmm..... (in a calm manner) You have COVID and you are here to see what we have? No, we don't have anything for you. You should be at home and in a quarantine." She said she was going to keep shopping. I did tell her that she should not be telling people in public that she has COVID. I walked quickly away and my head was running a million miles a minute.

And this is what I have signed up for. When a person works in a supplement/ beauty department they are asked some of the most obnoxious things on any given day. We are put in positions to play counselor, doctor, vet, and friend. We are tasked with the impossible and then we are to remain cool, calm and collected when people ask us how to help with them their recent diagnosis of COVID.

I have thought about the fact that people do walk around knowing they have COVID. I mean, that is a thing. It has to be. Those individuals do not let the public know they have COVID. The audacity of this woman to come on in to the department, jeopardizing the health of everyone, to get some ******* Elderberry syrup and homeopathic remedies......LIKE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY! GO THE **** HOME! So, ya....That is what I dealt with yesterday.

Today is a new day. Today is going to be good. Today I will do what I can to remain calm, cool and collected.

Sober for 544 days.

Old 04-08-2022, 05:56 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

16 months sober.
Old 04-08-2022, 04:22 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Congrats Mizz!!! Yay!! 16 months is amazing!!!

You have *really* earned this one. Wow. I am so impressed by your positive, can do attitude.

Sorry to hear the crazy in your store. Some people are selfish, and have no sense of societal obligation.

Also sorry about the coffeemaker - I recommend an espresso machine, haha.

Have a great weekend!
Old 04-08-2022, 05:45 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Yay on 16 months!

Its like I was right there, in your store, witnessing the BIZARRE exchange between you and Ms. Active COVID 🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠🦠😷🤒🤐🥴

OMG. You are doing fantastic!

Also, glad the positive vibes made it to your eye and pathology report over the Rockies…….if only prayers were as slow and unreliable as internet……🤔

Much love and hugs dear Mizz. 🤓❤️🤓❤️🤓❤️😎
Old 04-10-2022, 06:53 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

I walked outside, at my work, to see that I had mistakenly ordered a pallet of Palm trees. 32 palm trees to be exact. I looked at the pallet and said to myself " This is really bad or this is really good. This is SOMETHING!"

I decided to get back to pallet of 5 ft 5 Palm trees after I finished the project of "saving the owners marriage" with a plant rack and more color. Yes, the words "marriage and harmony" made its way into my work life. Such are the dynamics when the owner of the company is involved. He should be involved. Its his company.

I wont go into how I feel like I actually work in an asylum or a circus or something that should be a reality show on Bravo.............That is not the point of this little story. I wont go into all of that......

So, we plan on making tee shirts that say "WE SAVED THE MARRIAGE" and when asked what those shirts mean, we will say its a band. A rock band that just won a GRAMMY due to the fact that a pallet of Palm trees and more color resulted in hugs, and more hugs, and happiness. Lots of happiness.

We put the palm trees everywhere we could. Built an oasis outside. Potted some of them. Put them on top of the beauty/ supplement department. "You are on an Island called Harmony. Yes, you have reached your destination. Your tropical beverage is waiting for you at our juice bar!"

So, good things do happen, and what was a mistake is now the talk of the town. People were buying these trees and putting them in their tiny cars. People have ordered them through our online shopping. It seems like everyone wants a palm tree. Not me. I don't want a palm tree. I just want people to be happy. I want to be happy. Happiness is an inside job

Thank you Universe for giving us a solid. We needed it.

Old 04-10-2022, 07:28 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
All is Change

Maybe this 'something' is a cause, as in causes and effects. IMO the continual dance of causes and effects is like a circus, to observe imperturbably, or an insane asylum to suffer.

Be happy.

​​​​​​Happiness is the result AND becomes the cause.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:42 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

What a fantastic, uplifting story, Mizz!.. and told with the usual flair! You are so funny

So glad to hear you are happy, the owner is happy and the town is happy. In fact I am now happy!

Keep having those wonderful adventures!
Old 04-16-2022, 07:01 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

I'm on my way to finishing the second floral certification. One more unit to go.
Yesterday, we had an order of 4 Lei's to build. We spent the time sitting on stools and stringing together the Orchids. Talk about stressful!

Sobriety has finally given me a sense of calm that I have never felt. From Jan until March I was climbing up Mt. Everest and working towards remaining positive through the eye surgery and what could of been a serious diagnosis. There is some stuff there to process due to the fact that when the eye surgery is mentioned my eyes kind of well up. I was determined to make it through the situation unscathed and intact. I do feel those months of "Never being defeated" and overcoming serious challenges have created a bit of vulnerability in me. So, my eyes may well up for a bit. Deep breaths. Release the energy over time. Move forward. That is all it has to be.

Spiritually, I am doing the work needed. Morning chanting sessions and accomplishing the goals I set for my life. I have a big life. It may not look big from an outsiders perspective but there is A LOT going on in me!

Physically, I am getting stronger and seeing that my endurance and stamina are coming back. Refocused and training for this Half Marathon.

Mentally, I am on solid ground. No flare ups of anxiety. No over the top drama that my brain has created. No going down the worm hole.

Emotionally. I'm real solid in that department. Level. Content. Not ruminating or "feeling" too much.

I did a bit of internet googling on people who had 18 months sobriety to see how they were "feeling" about the situation. Haha. I mean, this forum is the perfect place to see all of that....Anyways. This year seems to be hard in some ways and then also easy. It is what it is. I am looking forward. Falling Forward. There is no back. No surrender. No defeat. There really is nothing that alcohol will make better. If the thought of alcohol comes into my brain, I just look at that thought. It doesn't have any weight or emotions associated to the thought. I only think that alcohol was something I once used. I am hopeful for the thoughts to leave and perhaps I will have a stretch of time where the thought doesn't come into this brain. Thoughts come and go and that is one that seems to come into my brain like an Airplane with a banner. Moving on through. The word "ALCOHOL" in flashy neon lettering. Maybe the Airplane's motor will start sputtering and then stop....Crashing on down into the abyss with its flashy neon "ALCOHOL" banner. Bye Bye! Adios! So glad you had a sudden and necessary death.

Ive thought of not participating here on the forum any longer. That "thought" just might be the most unhealthy thought I could have on my recovery road. I mean, You all have helped me to save my life. If it is not broken then I am not trying to fix it. Participation, daily recovery, and staying vigilant is what has made Mizzuno shine.

Thank you all for being here. I appreciate every single one of you. I appreciate the support you all have given me throughout the last 18 months. I am only hopeful to be giving back in the same way. I am grateful, thankful and all the fulls. Community is powerful.

Keep on Keeping on!

Old 04-17-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Apparently I am a lawn mower mechanic now.

I dont know what the problem is but I am determined to figure this out.
I start the mower and its motoring along until I let it down on the grass.....Then it stops. So, I check the fuel, go buy some engine oil, Pull off all the things that I can pull off and check all that stuff. Put the plugs back in place. I changed the spark plug two weeks ago...... Im still at a loss. This lawn mower is being difficult. DIFFICULT! Next up is the Carburetor. Anyways.....all of this has taken me a bit to figure out and I think I am done for the day on "lawn mower mechanic" tasks. Its been very informative to say the least. Our sun around here comes and goes and it was the perfect day for lawn mowing. Oh well......The grass doesnt mind.

6 mile run ( well, run and then walk and then run and then walk.....Ive got some training to do here. Im def not in shape for a half. I will get there)

Weights
Cleaned
Gongyo and Daimoku
Washed the car.
Read

Its been a good day. A really good day. Sober mentally, emotionally, spiritually and physically.

Old 04-17-2022, 05:17 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
All is Change

My line trimmer likes to be left alone to warm up for at least a minute before using, otherwise it just dies. What about the choke?
Old 04-17-2022, 07:26 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Grymt View Post
My line trimmer likes to be left alone to warm up for at least a minute before using, otherwise it just dies. What about the choke?
I looked up some videos about the choke and will see if that is the problem this upcoming weekend.
Thanks, Grymt. I appreciate the information and lead...... This will be fixed.