Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 07-31-2011, 01:26 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

((Norty)) That's a lot of people as you say! I've never really spent a lot of time in "cold climates", but I do know that muggy humidity can make even 75 feel like 103. And I know that when the body is used to one temp, anything over that is going to seem like baking in an oven. I hope you do get a chance to rest and go shopping today. As far as your friend who had a hysterectomy, there could be a lot of factors challenging the situation; was it a complete hysterectomy, ovaries and all, were there any underlying mental health issues, what is her age, etc... I will keep her in my prayers. I must admit that I am jealous of your dentures, I had my teeth all taken out back in 2007, and have spent more time than not without teeth in my mouth. I got a sinus infection (I think it was because I was still drinking, too) because the last two teeth to be removed, the front top ones, had roots that extended into my sinus cavity. I had to take the temporary dentures that I had gotten out for 3 weeks to kill the infection, and they never fit again after that. My next set I got down in Mexico, and fit like they were made for someone else's mouth. The last set were made on the border of Texas and Mexico, but still in Mexico, and fit like a dream until I ate a volleyball one Sunday afternoon in what was supposed to be a friendly game after an outdoor meeting of NA in San Antonio, TX. That was about a year ago, and I'm not sure if it I fractured the plates or my jaw, but they don't fit so well anymore. Since Henry and I are surviving on my disability, I have to save up and am soooo planning to one day get the implants so that I don't have to deal with the paste anymore or putting them in a cup at night.

((Chickory)) I'm jealous of you too, enjoy your time with your granddaughter! I've never even met one of mine, and haven't seen the older two grandkids since they were babies, just a few months old. Cherish the time you have together!!!! Please for me, so that I can do so vicariously through you.

((Amy)) I hope you are enjoying your visit with that baby, too. Please be safe getting back to Georgia, I miss you a lot!

((TB)) I feel for you, I hope that all is well now, but you might want to see a doctor, just the same. Any sudden change in the intensity of sinus pressure and pain could be a sign of an infection. Sinus infections are not pretty, and are dangerous as well.

((Jay)) Please keep being the great Daddy you are to that wonderful little guy, ((Darby)) is indeed a lucky gecko. I hope and pray that you get better quickly, and PULEEZE find a safer occupation! I agree that you should send off some of your pics and maybe some of your writing to see if you might get a job with say, National Geographic, just my two cents worth, but there you go!

((TOD)) Thanks for the Heads up about the pics, good thing I can't afford a smart phone, and the cheapo that I have, I keep the GPS turned off, anyways. Please keep those precious feather suited people safe from the dreaded 'possums. We all enjoy the life and times of the feather people way too much to loose one or more of them before their time again, and you are so loving and kind to them, I know it would crush you as well. They are your babies, I see it so clearly through your writing.

((Med)) Even though you are a nurse, I am going to give you medical advise...Don't take your stitches out at home ahead of time. That can lead to all sorts of complications, and your training should have taught you that!!! You may feel relief now, but lady, you know Danged Well, that messing with stitches at home with anything less than sterile can lead to staph or other infections, and you do not want that in your mouth! OK, now that I'm done being a byach to you about that, please know that I love you, and for God's sake, take care of yourself.

To all the missing HHer's, we all miss you, and would like to hear the latest.

(I warned you how I can get at times, so here it is. At least on a minor level, 'cause I am getting better at handling the symptoms than I was.) Just wait until one of the "Others" decides to pop out when I'm typing here, that should be a real eye-opener, even for me.

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda

P.S. Henry and I are still taking care of each other and there was a breakthrough last night. Henry got diarrhea, I guess that's better than constipation. He's still bloated, but at least he's not crying in pain anymore. so maybe he's getting better.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

(((Mrsfit)))..thanks for your response! The key for me with my dentures was WEAR EM..when I first got them...I kept them in all the time..through blisters ..stitches ..hell and high water! So I think they just kind of formed to each other!! I make myself eat all kinds of things even if it is a challenge. It was like getting used to a new appendage...
I think ANYONE on disablitity should be able to get free dentures!! Don't get your next ones on the mexican border! Buy good ole USA!! hehehe

So my friend is a recovering alcoholic...50 years old..yeah I would say she has mental stuff..anxiety...maybe a tad bipolar...been her friend for 10 years and I am just worried about her and not sure how to help her. She has been fired from her last 3 jobs because of her inablitliy to follow directions and remember things. God knows she has tried...and now she has NO income but a little unemployment for a few weeks...she can't even pay rent and is living with some old man who wants her to leave but she has no where to go...when she started going downhill he lost his love for her..they were supposed to get married so she is really going through alot!

Ok I am off shopping..Thank you for your feedback..very helpful place the henhouse!! Us hens definitly are some wise , wild women!!!! SMOOOCH TO YA ALL!!!

love norty
Old 07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

((Norty)) It could be a combination of the hormonal changes from the hysterectomy affecting her pre-existing mental health issues and the onset of Alzheimer's. I had my Hysterectomy at 23, and though I had had mental health issues before, they definitely got worse after the surgery, even though I got to keep one ovary. As the years go by and I get older, I see differences in the frequency and strength of my symptoms. I have however learned how to manage them most of the time. As for Alzheimer's, I lost my paternal grandmother to it, and now my aunt who was more like a sister has it as well, we think it won't be long as she has been in a Nursing Home now for 3 years and currently has to be restrained even in bed. This mirrors what happened with my grandmother so much. Also, my dad is suspected of having it as well, though he refuses to go to a doctor who will take my mother's word for what is going on. I will most assuredly keep your friend in my prayers for her situation. I would recommend that she file an application for SSDI as soon as possible, before congress passes a law ending it for all new applications.

Enjoy your shopping trip, wish I could have gone with you, but que sera, sera, as they say.

Hugs smoochies, n love

Lynda
Old 07-31-2011, 03:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
(((Chicory))) Hugs to you too.

TB
HeeHee, hugs to you TB. That sinus thingy is getting tough, with the smog levels across the country. hope it is gone now. how is the knees?
hugs back to you,
chicory
Old 07-31-2011, 03:13 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

[Q
UOTE=northbelle;3054109]Good Sunday to you all,,
Finally I get two days off ! What a long week it was at work..I kept track and this week I assisted 200 people ...That is quite a caseload for someone who is not even a caseworker huh! I think I have earned the right to do nothing today...I am going shopping as I have 250 bucks to spend on clothes at Kohls so that should be kinda fun!!

I can't even imagine living in the kind of heat you describe...It has been so hot and muggy here I have the fan on me all the time and in a constant sweat at work! AND IT IS 75 DEGREES!!!

Now I am not sure if this is TRUE or not. I will let you guys give me feedback...But even visitors to Alaska say it is HOT here...Well what I have HEARD is that we are closer to the sun??? So it feels hotter than it is?? A different KIND of heat??? It is very MUGGY here.....sultry...humid......I don't know I am not a expert on the weather but maybe Jethro will give me some insight into this phenomena!

We had a memorial yesterday for the three that past away this summer from alcohol....we got news that 2 more of our homeless died but it is not confirmed. Ya know I do want to say that I DO see folks getting sober and getting off the streets. People who have some incredible mental health challenges that hold jobs in the community. So people Do recover...
My heart goes out to them. Thank you for what you do, Norty
Thank you too, for adding that some do recover. That must help you to keep doing what you do, knowing that maybe this person will make it.

E
very time I come to this thread I am made grateful for the wonderful dentures that I have !!! Never give me any problems other than the inconvience of false teeth!! Glue...lack of "tearing" power! I am grateful to have no mouth pain anymore. For years I did...Now that I have SAID that I will probably GET some weird mouth infection or my teeth will break!! You know how that murphys law thing works right??

I have a friend..my best friend who is really struggling right now . Ever since she had a hysterectomy 2 years ago she has really CHANGED...Her memory is awful now ...and she has been fired from her last three jobs because of her lack of cognitive ability...her personality has also changed wuite a bit....I am worried for her and not sure what to do...I think she needs to apply for SSDI and see a docter. She coudl haave early onset alzheimers of something huh?? Any experience with this stuff you guys??
Has she talked to a good endocrinologist? Perhaps her hormones or chemicals are totally out of whack? I would hope for her to get a total blood work up, and all the other things too. It does work a number on you to get those done, i have known others to lose their marbles nearly, but i have not had that done.

Ok well I have asked snough questions for one post!
Hope all are feeling well-er!!

Going to take a long unhurried bath since I DON"T have to WORK TODAY!!! YAY!!!

love norty
[/QUOTE]
enjoy your time off Norty-you have earned that and more.
love ya
Old 07-31-2011, 03:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

((Chickory)) I'm jealous of you too, enjoy your time with your granddaughter! I've never even met one of mine, and haven't seen the older two grandkids since they were babies, just a few months old. Cherish the time you have together!!!! Please for me, so that I can do so vicariously through you.
Aw Mrsfit,
that makes me sad for you. I will share with you. And I truly know how blessed I am .If I lose all tomorrow, I am still rich. I hope that someday you get to be with them again. They are missing out.

We had a great time. Got her some acrylic paints, and she painted a picture that she could not imagine doing. it was a step by step art book showing a still life of fruit, and she did it. just a little help, with outline drawing, and i mixed the colors, but she did it. i can post a picture

P.S. Henry and I are still taking care of each other and there was a breakthrough last night. Henry got diarrhea, I guess that's better than constipation. He's still bloated, but at least he's not crying in pain anymore. so maybe he's getting better.
[/QUOTE]
Lynda, I am really worried about this. Henry is having some serious symptoms, and pain too? There has to be someone who will help him. did you say he had an ultrasound? my gall bladder did not show disease, until i took that dye test. the ultrasound came back "fine". He really needs a good doctor.
Take care. tell Henry not to eat nuts, or greasy foods. berries either. sometimes gall stones dont show up either, on ultrasound. i have heard anyway.

hugs and well wishes,
chicory
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

[
QUOTE=Tiredofdrugs;3053674]I took Maria outside for a little while after I got back from walmart a little while ago. Sitting there right in the back here beside the sun room and back porch. Was out there about an hour with three big lights on the area in order for her to see the crickets. All of a sudden I hear her make her alert noise and the head goes down and stretches out with her beak flush to the ground. I look quickly to see what it is and there is a possum running for cover under my car.
Dang, these hens are like watchdogs, aren't they? They see things, before you do, and they are just low to the ground, eyes on the sides, and all. They must have good hearing too, to catch bugs. you are making me want a chicken!

Just read on the internet about a guy who was killed , they think, by 17 black widow bites! poor guy, he worked in a horse barn, and they think he must have brought a spider home. dam@ things. sounds like it was in his shoe, or his bed. he had gotten bitten and within two weeks was gone. was a young guy. they said that black widow bites are rarely fatal. ugh. i got bit by a brown recluse once, put me in the hospital with gangrenous sore at the bite site. felt like i had the flu, drove myself to the hospital (husband #1 a$$), and they kept me for three days , til the found out what kind of med i needed . scary.it started like a tiny blood blister on my hand, and i popped it, thinking that would help the pain, but NOOOOO, things just went down hill from there.
so. watch for spiders , TOD. Lord knows you probably have them too, out there. in the wild wild world of silkies.
So I just pick Maria up and take her inside. Then I go unplug all the lights and lock the door. I threw a bunch of leftovers in the dog pen, so it probably smells it. Good luck getting to share any of it. The last possum that tried it ended up being killed by the dogs. I just hope it doesn't get into the mountain of garbage waiting to go to the dump. Which will be soon!
I am sorry, but those poor opposumaie are so homely, it is unnerving to catch them rummaging in the cats food at night. my mom once thought one on her porch was a pig, (she WAS drinking at the time) , and she freaked out. it was kinda funny. bet the dogs LOVE it when they get possum for company, don't they?

Med: I'm glad to hear it was a stitch that was causing most of the pain. I've never encountered that problem before. However! The tooth beside the extraction area is giving me some pain. It's probably due to being more exposed now. I'm going to have to start doing more salt water piks to help with the pain underneath all the crowns I have. The salt water helps to cleanse the tissue and gets rid of any bacteria that's built up under the crowns. I'll be so glad to get on a regular cleaning routine and get all these crowns, bridges and implants done and over with.
You girls are both weinies! I have had teeth pulled and gone back to the fields the next morning. opening pop bottles with my bare gums, and all. lol

Okay! Got to go take my second shower for the day. Living in these hot environments will make a person want to do that. Between sweating and having multiple little stingers on you while outside it is a must to shower. When I lived in WI at the Dairy Farm. The old farmer just couldn't understand why I took so many showers. After coming here for a visit, he didn't ask me anymore about how many showers I wanted to take. LOL He figured it out on his own.
Maybe that farmer didn't see much reason for showers anyway, except for the Saturday bath, lol.
you lived at a dairy farm? I hate milk fresh from the cow, but I absolutely LOVE fresh churned butter-ummmm.

hope your weather is cooler. ours is a bit.

love,
chicory

Love to all
TOD
[/QUOTE]
Old 07-31-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...8-finished.jpg

i wish i knew how to post a picture, tod told me but i couldn't comprehend.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:29 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

argh
Old 07-31-2011, 04:55 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
i wish i knew how to post a picture, tod told me but i couldn't comprehend.
(((Chicory))) See if this helps.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post1731827

TB
Old 07-31-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Old 07-31-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

oops. well, you get a lot of detail this way-lol.

thanks tb, just have to figure out how to make them smaller
Old 07-31-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Old 07-31-2011, 05:34 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

yay!

thanks tb,

hugs
chicory
Old 07-31-2011, 05:44 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

(((Chicory))) - wow, she's really talented! If I tried to paint fruit, you'd never know what it was.

(((Jay))) - love that I finally know what ((Darby)) looks like, and laughed about the "only" statement, too.

(((TB))) - sorry about the sinus headache..I hate those.

(((Lynda))) - I'm glad to see you still posting.

(((Med))) and (((TOD))) - my compadres in dental stuff. My one suture was supposed to dissolve by itself but it didn't..he took it out after a week, when I was in there for adjustments to the dentures.

(((Norty))) - I also think hormones may be contributing to your friend's problems. Sounds like she needs a good workup by a dr. Glad you got to do some shopping.

So, I'm home. On the way up there, there was a horrific accident that shut down our side of the interstate for 8 HOURS! We were lucky enough to get off an exit and detour. Three people killed, 2 airlifted, really, really bad. Coming home, there was another accident that had the interstate shut down..another detour.

I will e-mail the halfway decent pics of the baby...my camera on the phone just didn't take good pics inside, and every time I try to download pics from my camera, it downloads all 300+ and I'm tired of deleting them.

Anyway, had a great time with little Miss E, and her mama who is shy but we got along really well. Had a loooong conversation (I stayed out of it mostly) after Brit called and talked to my stepbrother..he said pretty much the same things I've been saying for years, but it was nice coming from him. He and I stayed outside talking (no smoking in the house) until after 2 a.m.

Mots gave us an earful when we got home, Elvis is still giving me the cold shoulder, and Patches is back out guarding the driveway. Will go get Elvis in a little bit. It really feels strange without my stepmom and the dog here. It's not a good feeling, nor a bad one. I love stepmom and dad, but honestly think this time apart will be good for both of them.

I need to do stores this week, am not looking forward to getting out in the heat, but I gotta do what I gotta do.

(((Lenina))) - miss you, sweetie.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Amy-
Glad you are safely home! How sad about the accidents. That is why I stay off interstates. I bet the baby was sweet. glad that you got some time to relax.
and, you could paint like that, most likely, madi did not think she could either. step by step, it is not too hard. and soooo relaxing.

jay- i love the pic of Darby. He is beautiful! Very interesting looking. would love to see more pics. you are really good at photography, do you know that?

hugs
annette
Old 07-31-2011, 07:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

(((Hens&Roosters)))

Just a quick pop in, I should be home tomorrow sometime. Here's a little something to amuse you!

Spreading new wings: 700,000 have flocked to join the craze for hen-keeping | Mail Online

Much love to all!

Lenina
Old 07-31-2011, 08:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I'm serious, you're never getting another picture of Darby like that again!! He moves too much and makes every picture I take blurry.

Glad to see you ((Lenina)).
Old 07-31-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

(((Lenina))) - so good to see you! Glad you'll be home tomorrow and I'm sure FuzzyB and OG will be, too. Okay, OG is a bit indifferent, but deep down I believes she loves her mama home.

When I first saw that link, I thought it was an article on the hh! Need to get those reading glasses.

Drifting off into dreamland, soon. Just watched a show that hada few shots of snakes..hope I don't dream of them!

(((TPA))) - you remain in my prayers. Miss seeing you here.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-31-2011, 10:38 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: I know fur babies are glad to have momma home!

Yes Maria and the other Silkies are wonderful watch chickens. Nothing is missed by those little feathered friends.

TB: Next sinus attack. Get you a crockpot. Fill with hot water. Pour in some liquid vicks for vaporizers. (Don't use the generic kind). Plug it in and see if this doesn't help to clear your sinus problem up!!!

Chicory: That's an amazing paint job by the GD! Glad ya'll had a good time together.

Hello Jay, Lenina and Mrsfit.

I've been having some extreme tooth pain in my mouth. The tooth beside the extraction area is what's giving me the problem. I think!! I have an 11:00 appt with the dentist dept on Thursday. I'm going to try and hold out till then to see if it gets any better or worse. I did the salt water pik and made the tooth ache worse for awhile. Took 4 A/T and it quit hurting for awhile. This tooth and the extraction is in the area I had back to back root canals on several years ago. A couple of them had to be done twice. So I'm not surprised this is happening. Just not enjoying w/o the pain meds to take for it like back then.

I got "Jethro" trimmed up on his beard, mustache and around the back and ears. I won't touch the top. He'll have to go see a barber for that!!! And you'd think I was trimming a three year olds hair. He never stops complaining. LOL How short are you cutting? Don't be touching the eyebrows. The clippers are hot on my lips! Ow, watch the ears. I just groan when I have to trim him up. Because it's a chore all in itself. Give me the boys crates to do any day over his trim job!!! Oh and lets not forget how much hair I get all over me in the process. Ugh! Maybe that's why I love chickens? Don't have to deal with hair from them being our pets.

I had to swat Martha Mae on her feathered butt because she was scratching in an area I had just put grass seed down in with wood chips on top of it. She flared up at me and charged me. She's one of the larger chickens. Hubby was sitting there with a piece of paper in his hand the next time she went to scratch in this spot, so he shooed her away with the paper. Well! This stratled her enough, she took off just a squaking. LOL She sleeps in the crate here behind me in the sun room. We are always giving her treats throughout the day so she has a habit of chasing after us. When it's time to go to bed, she'll come to the door and start raising all hell to be let in. So one of us will open the door for her and she'll make a bee line for her cage. She knows there's a bowl of can corn waiting for her.

Jay: Set your camera up so that if Darby moves, it will take a picture. You might get some good pictures this way. Or set it to take a picture every 2 minutes. We used a game pic camera in the field behind us last year and got some nice deer pictures.

Our neighbor said he heard a horrible screaming/crying noise in the woods last week. The coyotes probably killed a baby deer, goose or rabbit. This is why we take them out every chance we get.

Mrsfit: Got a letter from the Attorney's office a few days ago. It said the doctor I met at their office had written up his notes from my exam and had been submitted to the SS office. So we are still waiting.

Okay, my shower is calling my name to see it. Gotta go!
Love to all
TOD