Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I actually did clean my vents when I finally could GET to them. One was behind the dreaded bookshelf that Brit went ballistic on me for (and it was out of my room that night), the other is behind my bed, and there's absolutely no way to rearrange the furniture.

I may shut down the vent to dad/stepmom's room, as their room stays cool. Of course, they have a ceiling fan, too, but rarely use it. Don't want to shut down any other vents, as the house would be hot and I hate walking into a hot house. I am going to turn the a/c down a degree..would turn it down about 10 if I didn't think it would show up on the electric bill and I'd be busted.

((TB)) - I always loved that all we had to do was plug into an electrical outlet and everything was covered. No way we could have had an ocean front lot, out in the boonies where it was gorgeous, and pay $25/night. Compared to a hotel room, that's quite a deal. We also had a generator, so ran it while we were driving to keep the a/c on and fridge running.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 08:25 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) You need to get a RV its in your blood. When we talk about RV’s I can hear it your post you miss RVing.

TB
Old 08-01-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

((TB)) - you are so right. Tess and I were talking, way back when, and she gave me info on workcampers, I think? Where you go to different campgrounds, do a little work and get to stay there for free.

I never drained the sewage stuff, but darned near did everything else, and figure I could always play the "poor pitiful blonde" and get some help if I needed it From what I saw, campers were more than willing to help each other out, and it was awesome meeting people from all over.

It will be a while, but I did find out that if I go on to get my bachelor's degree, the median salary is $90,000/year, AND they have travel assignments, just like they do nurses. Yes, it means more school, but it's sounding like a pretty good idea. Of course, I've got to get the associate's degree and some experience first, but it's nice to be looking forward instead of backwards.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 10:02 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Hello, I just came here to let you all know that my wife was banned from this site for speaking her mind, however sick that mind might be. The administrator sent her a message that said that she would be banned for 7 days, then she tried to come back later to verify what time she might post on the 8th to find that the ban is permanent. She has entertained me for hours reading the post that you all have placed here, and will surly miss you all. She does not know that I came here, only that I have been trying to get her ban lifted. Please pray for Lynda, she is in the middle of a nervous breakdown and needs all the help she can get. Henry
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

(((Henry))) - I'm sorry for what (((Lynda))) is going through, but SR has rules and she broke a big one. It really was done in her best interests, though I know she probably can't see that. I won't go into details because it's between her and the mods.

I will continue to keep you both in my prayers.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Henry:
I'm sorry to hear Lynda was banned from the site. I know nothing about what she had removed from the HH. I missed it. But if it got removed, then it was bad enough it didn't need to be on here.

I know she's spoken of you a lot and worries about you. There are rules for what is/isn't posted here on SR and apparently she over stepped the boundaries. We try to help each other with day to day issues and entertain each other with silliness. But if this is what keeps us from using our DOC then let it be let it be.

Apparently Lynda was on a rampage and she probably wasn't happy with getting her post removed and put it out there for everyone to see. That will get you banned from the site.

Lynda sounds like she is holding a lot of anger and grudges. She needs to breathe and let it go. Follow the right legal path to get you help with your medical issues. Coming here to rant and rave isn't going to solve the problem. I've had a lot of problems with the VAH, but I went thru the legal channels to get things accomplished.

I wish both of you wellness and calmness.

TOD
Old 08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Thank you both, I am trying to take care of her mental issues right now, but we have both been working with the system for a while to get me the help I need. I am so angry at myself for putting her in this situation. I should be back at work, not worrying the girl to death because I'm sick. I did finally get an appt at one of the clinics that have been refusing me after the police came to our home to find out what was going on with her "threats". Thankfully, I was able to prove that she has a mental condition, and was not really herself when the post was made. I apologize for any inconvenience or problems that she may have caused. This is not the same girl that I have been seeing every day for the last year and a half, she is sick. I am seeking treatment for her and making sure that she fills the scripts for her psych medications. Again, I am sorry about all of this.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

henry....
I'm sorry both of you are having so many difficulties. ..and hope the two of you find peace and healing soon.

However...discussing banned members and why they were banned is not what we do........both of you are aware. And our ruleing stands and it was fair.

There is no point in more discussion on this matter.
I appreciate you took the time to let us know that both of you are seeking
medical assistance.

carol D-Forum Leader
Substance Abuse.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:50 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Just imagine you are driving down the highway and this pops out of the hood of your car on to your windshield what would you do?

‪Snake slides up windshield of moving car‬‏ - YouTube

TB
Old 08-02-2011, 05:00 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

For all of the cat lovers out there, Purina recalls cat food for possible Salmonella contamination. Just google Purina recalls to see if your brand is on the recall list.

TB
Old 08-02-2011, 05:35 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay everyone! I got my butt up at 6:45 and I'm headed to the get me ready stage. LOL
I called the VAH pharmacy to ask about the valium refill. She said; "Sir. The pharmacy doesn't open until 8:00"!! I guess I sound pretty rough this morning after 4 hours of sleep. LOL I didn't correct her, what's the point?

It's going to be a wicked day with the heat. The windows in the house look like they are crying for me and my misery right now. Boo whoo

I'll post later when I get the chance. We have to deliver mom and dad's truck to them when we get back from the dentist office. Husband INSISTS! I'd like to kick him where it hurts so he can be in pain along with me. Sigh!!!

But I'm ready to get rid of this pain in my mouth and get back to being the good ole person I am. There are things that need to be done around here and I've put it off.

Love ya'll
TOD

TB: I saw that video on the evening news. NOT what I'd want to endure. I'm surprised no one had a wreck from it.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

(((TB))) - I would wreck my car trying to get it OFF my windshield (I only watched a glimpse as I am terrified of snakes). Would even be too afraid to stop the car, in case it might GET ME!

(((TOD))) - good luck with your appt.

Dad just called and is near Oklahoma City. He did get some sleep, says it is 99 degrees out there at 10a.m their time. My relatives are heartbroken that I'm not with him, but it just couldn't happen. I've got to go pick up a check for him on Fri., deposit it and any other checks he gets in, so that's another reason I need to be home.

About to get ready to go out and do stores, working on having a good attitude and gratitude that I have this job and I think it's working

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-02-2011, 03:01 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Lotsa luck with your appointment. I hope you get to resolve your pain issues. I hate to see you and Med in so much pain for this length of time. Enough is enough already .

(((Amy))) Your Dad sure gets around, where is his final destination. Does he gets to bring back a load with him or does he come back empty handed? Are you getting use to being alone in the house yet? Does the movie Home Alone come to mind…lol

Hugs to all.
TB
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay! What a day! I called the VAH pharmacy at 8:01 to enquire about the valium. Didn't want to go to the dentist office w/o it! LOL I get connected with the pharmacy only to be told! My doctor actually changed the valium to Klonipin and called it in yesterday afternoon. WTF? I was told she hadn't called anything in.

My next concern is why did she change the medication when I had said the valium was working fine? I also had to tell them to switch the prescription pickup from the doctor's location to the VAH I was going to. Other side of the river! The pharmacist did that and then told me I'd have to pull a number and wait for it to be filled. Good God! How long am I going to have to wait to get 2 pills? Since I had one valium left. I took it before I left the house. Then after a fifteen minute wait, I took one of the Klonipins.

I go check in and get taken back in 10 minutes. The dentist comes in and starts talking about the length of time it's been since the extraction. And then the BOMB! If I'd known you were a smoker, I wouldn't have done the implant. Smokers never heal enough for the implant to take properly. Just F'ing Great! But as far as what's going on with the pain in my mouth is this. The area is still raw, the open area beside the tooth I still have is exposing the tooth to open air. All this is causing pain. All the stitches are still in and healing nicely.

He asked how many Amoxicillin tablets I was taking and I told him 2 a day. He said I should be taking 4 a day. The instructions said, 1 tablet every 6 hours. He said to work 2 more tablets in while I'm awake. He said to also start doing more of the salt water swishers. I started those two days ago. He did say with the 4 amoxicillins a day it would heal quicker. So I'm TOD on the spot with those darlins. So hopefully by tomorrow I'll see an improvement. I also have my Proxyel rinse from walmart I'll probably use at night to also help.

So I came home and took another one before I crashed on the bed and was out until 4:00 pm. I will be calling my pm doctor and having a discussion with her about the change of meds and I'm going to stress to her! I need to have more than 2 pills filled at a time. I was so stressed out by the time I got into the dentist chair my BP was way up there. Just because of the BS with getting the pills to go see the dentist. I want to arrive at the dentist office relaxed and ready. Not chasing down valium to get me relaxed before I crawl into the chair.

And I want to be relaxed, not knocked out from the new med's she's giving me. And you can also bet I'll be having a discussion with her about this pain contract they still have listed under. That's got to go bye bye. It causes all sorts of unneccessary problems.

It's all upsetting on the records they have on my files, but I do know the legal route to slap a few hands and I will get it cleared up. They already know my name well in the Chief of Staff's Office and know I'll dog them to get things done the right way. So they are usually pretty quick at getting me taken care of and out of their hair.

Now I need to post a couple of pictures for ya'll to see. So let me get that done so ya'll can groan for a little while. LOL

TOD
Old 08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This is our world around here right now!
This is the actual outside temperture: 112.

This the outside temp showing on the car's temp: 109.

This is the temp inside a closed car: 152.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:37 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - okay, so I'm going to scold you, but gently. When medicines say take every 6 hours, that's 4 times a day...not 2. You haven't been taking enough antibiotics and it DOES make a difference. Anytime I have to take something every 6 hours, I just work it into the hours I'm awake, taking one before I go to sleep, one as I wake up and get the other 2 in during the day.

He's right about the smoking, unfortunately. Though I smoke, I've had a gazillion doctors tell me that bone healing is "extremely delayed" in a smoker. The implant goes into bone. I'll pray it all works out for you.

I would question the change in meds, too, but honestly? I don't think you need more than 2 pills...that did just fine for you the first time. I wouldn't be a friend if I didn't express my concern. Klonopin and Ativan I stay away from. Ativan gives me amnesia and my stepsister went through a prolonged detox for the Klonopin, not to mention that's what Brit was on (with alcohol) the night she terrorized me.

Your weather is horrible!! Just read through the pics of some of the same pics that Jethro sent me I really hope you guys get a break soon.

(((TB))) - Dad is headed to Concord..somewhere around San Fransisco. Unless a miracle happens, he will be coming back empty, and he's actually carrying more freight than he likes in his van, but he couldn't pass up this opportunity.

I talked to him a couple of times. When he was nearing Oklahoma City, it was 99 degrees at 9a.m., and it later got up to 106, but the a/c in the van works really well. He does travel all over...got freight? He'll take it. He has a Sprinter van, which carries more than a regular one, but it's also made by Mercedez, so repairs are quite costly. Before he learned how to change his own oil (they DON'T make this stuff easy or known), his first oil change was $800. It's got close to 400,000 miles on it (probably over that by now), so despite the repairs, it's been a good van.

I got my groove back on in doing stores, only have 3 more to do for B, then will start back on my stores. His stores were mostly in the 'hood, but the people were nice and I didn't mind. Did get a "yuk" feeling as I drove down the road where my old diversion center was.

Had an adorable little girl come up to me in the last store, as I was sitting on the floor sifting through sunglasses. She asked "what's your name?" I told her, asked her what her name was and how old she was...she's 2. Stuff like that just makes my day Of course, there was also a d-boy in there, complaining about prices, kept coming back in and asking the cashier something (he may have thought she was cute, but his behavior made me want to smack him). He left, saying "I've got to go round up some money". Yeah, and I know exactly what you're going to do and THANK GOD I have absolutely no desire to help him out.

I stopped by the store to get my frozen Mt. Dew and there was a guy just standing outside. I didn't see him talk to anyone...but me. He asked for spare change, I honestly didn't have anything but my debit card and told him. He was very pleasant, told me to have a good day, I wished him luck, but it makes me think I still have this air about me that A's can pick me out (he didn't look like a homeless bum). Maybe it's just a reminder of me being on the streets. I never panhandled, but XABF#3 did.

Lots of gratitude for where I am today, compared to where I was over 4 years ago. I have money in the bank (it's going toward my car payment), the house by myself, and I just want to chill, be on SR and get some kitty-cat snuggles

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-02-2011, 07:00 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: No scolding needed! I just got my math wrong on the every 6 hours. LOL And I also remembered a woman getting several implants several years ago. She came outside at my dentist office where me and another friend were smoking. She was waving the smoke in her face! LOL Then explained she had implants done and couldn't smoke for at least 30 days. I remember thinking then, Lord don't let me ever get implants. Golly what happens to us when we don't want it to.

As far as the valium/Klonopin. Two work just fine for these appt's. I would like to have them here for when I have an appt. Not having to chase them down when I'm headed to the appt! I don't enjoy sitting around in a stupor so they will only be taken for the dentist appt's. The VAH is good at popping vets with surprise drug tests too. So my pm doc would know if I was taking them other than for dentist appts. And I'm not going to screw that up. I know a woman that is right now buying Klonopin off another friend. I've told her they are addictive and now that's what my pm doc has given me. I'm not happy about it.

Yeah, the weather here is a real bummer! It's suppose to be in the 100's thru Friday. I move very slowly when outside and get back to the air conditioning as soon as possible. The girls are getting tired of being in the cool tent, but we don't dare put them out in the HOT pens. I'm growing Rye grass in pans for them to have as a treat in the cool pens. They've eaten all the grass out of there. Little lawn mowers in feathered suits. LOL The boys are stuck inside. I'll have to do them one at a time and rotate them in and out so they aren't outside for too long. I HATE doing them like this. All I'm thinking right now is COME ON FALL! I'll take snow over heat any day!

Okay, Covert Affairs is coming on. Got to watch my show.
Love to all
TOD
Old 08-02-2011, 08:04 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) - had to laugh about the lawn mowers in feathered suits

Just talked to dad and stepmom, and tried to call my aunt out in CA. My cousin, G, the one who JUST got out of the hospital with liver failure, is back in I asked my 2nd cousin to have my aunt call me when she gets home.

Dad is doing well, wherever he is, it's 69 degrees but he says he's at a high altitude. He decided to pick one of his brothers up at g'ma's (the recovering heroin addict) and let him ride along with him to make the delivery. Stopping by g'ma's only adds 5 minutes to his destination.

Stepmom is actually doing well, and we had a really good talk. I told her I would check on her each morning and evening, but that's it. She's so codie, she's terrified that dad and I won't want her back, and that's not true. I just want her to feel better about herself, and her family is helping with that. Her other sister is coming in on Thu. and she said she's "to the point, and will tell you what she thinks". Good, that's what she needs.

I have all 3 cats in my room, and am fine with having the house to myself. Found out we DO have a stereo and it works just fine Wonder what the cats will think when I'm dancing to hip-hop?

I'm really thinking I need to get to CA soon to see my cousin G, along with my other relatives, but it all depends on financial aid and I can't do anything but wait and see what happens.

Where's ((Lenina))? Hopefully, she is getting some rest and kitty snuggles after getting home.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Just checkin in...not feeling particularly well...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:49 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) - thanks for checking in as you KNOW I worry Hope you are feeling better soon. I showed Elvis Darby's picture..he was not impressed, but can't remember what all cats can see as far as pictures go?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy