Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Oh, forgot to say, dont look that up. (dome doctor, that is.)
Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I got a youtube video called Big Head, The Dome Doctor... you should not have told me to not google that. If you say don't do it, I will for sure do it. I'm that nuts. I think it's rap music, says explicit lyrics. I will just take their word for it.

Okay then Chicory is into trash rap. lol Who knew? She plays that she's this sweet little thing that works in flowers... uh huh. lol I haven't googled weenie woman, I think I'm afraid to.

And you got me again. I believed you about shoveling snow. We don't get that kind of snow here so I seriously did think you did. I was lucky just to hobble to the toilet after a baby. HUGS and you're so funny......
Old 08-01-2011, 04:54 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OMG! The weanie mobile has arrived. How in the world did we get so involved with the weanie tales? And there are so many foods out there made with weiners too! But I do love a good chilli dog and corn dog. LOL

Chicory: I didn't see your post as a negative in any way. I know you were just funning around. Sarge would have already sent you a PM if you'd upset me with it. I just groan when I say someone apologizing for something they said and I reply back on, thinking they upset me. Then I have to come on here and say it's ALL OKAY! LOL

Med: Damn! Did the dentist not do anything to relieve your pain? And yeah! Just when we need to take a pill for the pain, we can't! I don't know about you? But in my case! I know now the pills don't take away the pain. It's still there and we are just in a fog for a couple of hours. Then another pill, another pill, etc. That's how we get into the trouble we get into with taking them. It truly sucks! I hate taking them because they really don't help with the painful area. I might as well be sitting around with drool running down my chin after taking them. That's the way they make me feel. Just like when we are asleep and then wake up to find our pillow wet. Ugh!

I've had pieces of teeth left inside the gum line that has caused some major problems also. The gums swell up, get infected with all sorts of nasty stuff and then the dentist says, lookie here. A piece of bone was left in there. Putz! You did it and I suffered for it is what I wanted to scream at him. And then you get a whopper of a bill for their mistake. Where's the reasoning in this insane event?

I called the VAH to see if my doctor prescribed the valium. And the answer is NOPE! So she's going to get an earful tomorrow morning if it's not at the pharmacy when I get there bright and early. The nurse I talked to in order to send her message said the doctor would check to see if I had an appt. I TOLD her I didn't, it was an emergency sick call appt I was going to. I have one 5mg tablet left, so that might have to do for in the morning. Valium is a controlled substance so I have to have it prescribed by my pm doctor. The nurse also said it would be a problem because I'm on a pain contract. Good Lord! I haven't been on a pain contract in years. I told the nurse this as well as the fact I haven't had any opiates since 18 Feb 2011. It just pi$$es me off with all the screw ups they have on my records at the VAH. It causes all sorts of problems.

Alright, got to get the crates cleaned for the girls. Hubby left to get his hair cut, finally! He's starting to look like grizzly adams. LOL But, AGAIN! It was an argument to get him to go do it. His Italian temper is something to deal with at times. But Sarge doesn't back down and he gets really moody with me when it happens. I wear the combat boots, he wears the pants. Boots walk on pants, he needs to learn this! LOL

Love to all
TOD
Old 08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Okay, everyone's posting at the same time!

When I was five months prego! I dug a ditch to put a culvert in for our driveway. I also rode motorcycles up till I was nine prego.

I'm still doing everything now with this mouth pain that I would normally do. Just a bit grumpier in doing it. So hubby is keeping his distance. But he does love pulling my strings when I'm not feeling well. He knows he'll get a rise out of me. Putz!! I'll get him back. His day is coming. We truly are like kids living together. And by the way Med! No problem with the home front, in reference to the email I sent you! LOL

Love love love you all!

TOD
Old 08-01-2011, 05:04 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Just give him the Bowl cut, he will be begging to get to a barber. hehe.
TOD you can do this without the pill I bet, I admit I broke down about 30 minutes ago and took a pain pill. I was that miserable and tired of the pain, now I'm feeling normal not anything but just a slightly swollen sort of miserable old lady now worried I'll be in trouble but seriously I have a script for this but I bet there will be some pipers to pay and I hate that but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I hope and pray that things go smooth for you tomorrow. Hugs hugs hugs and yeah what is with leaving the gums full of spiky bits of teeth? Does this stuff work it's way up like glass? Or do they figure we won't know it's there?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I, too, had a little piece of a tooth (or two, according to stepmom..I could only see one) but the denture glue stuff eventually pulled it out.

For whatever reason, I'm just not enthused about doing stores, though I usually feel much better once I get started. I need to do them, I'm helping out my boss, so have set the alarm and may call it an early night.

Very grateful for my recovery, as I'm facing about 1-1/2 weeks of being on my own

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 05:21 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Originally Posted by chicory View Post
Oh, forgot to say, dont look that up. (dome doctor, that is.)
Very interesting. I couldn’t resist.

TB
Old 08-01-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I was looking forward to my alone time when daughter left for Cali.... back in July and it never really happened that wonderful feeling of I'm free to crank up the stereo. I think it's because the first night I was alone I cleaned the house so was not really having any "me" time and then we got robbed and the next night I was very unhappy being home alone, kept hearing every little noise and wondering what it was, the ice maker in the fridge even scared me ... I was on HIGH alert. The next night I had to be at my mom's for an early dentist appt and then hubby and daughter were back so it never really worked out here.
It can be a wonderful time for you. We are always here... a bunch of insomniacs that will be up with you if you are having a bad moment. Much love and I hope you're thru the worst of your pain, I don't even want to think about what you've been thru.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:42 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Amy- I am jealous of you, having some alone time to look forward to. You can put on some tunes, dance with the kitties. take a bubble bath with music, sing out loud. of course, we are all gonna be there , as always, so you wont really be alone.

you poor baby, all the extractions you had.

hope you are doing ok, honey. Is the heat getting to you, too? It is me. It is like winter was the deep freezer, spring was the dishwasher, and summer is the oven. lots of kitchen appliances not one very pleasant. where were the lovely 80 degree days of summer?

How are the kitties? Elvis doing well? Patches keeping the pavement covered? Mots, i dont know much about him, tho he must be a talker? Is Tinker your dog?
well, you rest. sweet dreams. soon school will be starting and you will be so busy. and soon, school will be behind you. and then the excitement begins. all the hard work, and then time to put all that to use. You are a dear one, Amy. I am keeping your Dad in my thoughts, and he will be safe. HP will be with him.
much love ,
chicory
Old 08-01-2011, 05:50 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Thank you all. My pain is only minor...relieved by extra strength excedrin.

Mots is definitely a talker...he will meow back to you as long as you talk to him until I say "I HAVE to work..do YOU earn any money" and he's quiet as can be. I now speak cat

All the cats are inside. Elvis is curled up in the chair, under the lamp in the den, Patches is curled up in another chair, and Mots is sacked out on the bookshelf. Yes, Tinker is the dog, and she's probably having her own adjustment problems, being in an unfamiliar place, but she has stepmom so she'll be okay.

I realized I could be laying in the den, watching the bigger screen TV, but my room is my comfort zone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 05:51 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meditation View Post
I got a youtube video called Big Head, The Dome Doctor... you should not have told me to not google that. If you say don't do it, I will for sure do it. I'm that nuts. I think it's rap music, says explicit lyrics. I will just take their word for it.

Okay then Chicory is into trash rap. lol Who knew? She plays that she's this sweet little thing that works in flowers... uh huh. lol I haven't googled weenie woman, I think I'm afraid to.

And you got me again. I believed you about shoveling snow. We don't get that kind of snow here so I seriously did think you did. I was lucky just to hobble to the toilet after a baby. HUGS and you're so funny......
Med- you are so funny. I thought i was the only one who takes everything literally!

there once was a sign on a building , on my way to work. it took me forever to understand what it meant. it was like this:
no wheelchair
smoking access
finally, i got it. but for the longest time, did not know why no wheelchairs were allowed-, yet smoking was!

hugs
chicory P. s. I have tried, and tried, to edit this and space it right. there was a bit more space between the words no and wheelchair, and smoking and access. i can't do anything on a computer!!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 05:58 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

It's like me hearing that guy say that addicts lying on their death bed and me hearing this as addicts will not tell the truth.. he really meant laying flat in a bed.... I think there is something since birth that was not connected correctly in my brain. I used to get kidded all the time about being Georgette. She was on the Mary Tyler Moore show and was the most dumb blonde ever and people thought I was just like her. I understand. I will be this way forever but it's the only me I know.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
Thank you all. My pain is only minor...relieved by extra strength excedrin.

Mots is definitely a talker...he will meow back to you as long as you talk to him until I say "I HAVE to work..do YOU earn any money" and he's quiet as can be. I now speak cat

All the cats are inside. Elvis is curled up in the chair, under the lamp in the den, Patches is curled up in another chair, and Mots is sacked out on the bookshelf. Yes, Tinker is the dog, and she's probably having her own adjustment problems, being in an unfamiliar place, but she has stepmom so she'll be okay.

I realized I could be laying in the den, watching the bigger screen TV, but my room is my comfort zone.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
That all sounds so peaceful and cozy Amy and I know what you mean, my room is my comfort zone too. i read here, eat here, often, and just like being alone, after all the hassle in my life, i treasure peace.

you guys are my hero's, you know that.

love you
Old 08-01-2011, 06:07 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by meditation View Post
It's like me hearing that guy say that addicts lying on their death bed and me hearing this as addicts will not tell the truth.. he really meant laying flat in a bed.... I think there is something since birth that was not connected correctly in my brain. I used to get kidded all the time about being Georgette. She was on the Mary Tyler Moore show and was the most dumb blonde ever and people thought I was just like her. I understand. I will be this way forever but it's the only me I know.
We must be long lost sisters Med.

I lack that connector too. makes life fun sometimes, but it is usually always my own private joke. it is just too hard to explain what I hear sometimes
I would have thought the same thing, totally, as you did.
what makes us do that?
Georgette- I had forgotten about her, and I loved her!
love ya
Old 08-01-2011, 06:15 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

I am the complete opposite, for the last 6 years I lived by myself. Just me and my furbabies. I love the serenity of living alone. You are your own boss. You can come and go as you please and NOT have to answer to anyone. It is so nice to be able to make as much noise as I want and have the bathroom, kitchen and the whole house to myself. With out any drama…hehe.

TB
Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

(((TB))) - I was that way for years. Even when I was with XABF#1 for 20 years, we only lived together for maybe 6 months of that time? Always had my own place.

There's just been a lot of stuff happen from then to now. I'm sure, by tomorrow, I'll be totally comfortable.

I don't think we even HAVE a stereo? May have to look in Brit's room and see if she has an old boombox or something. Either that or find a station on the music TV channels that I like

It's down to 85 degrees, but I am still hot and sweaty with the fan blowing on me. I forgot I can open the doors to my room..no one on the other side and some of the cooler air may reach my room. I think Brit's room and mine are at the end of the a/c ducts and just don't get much air from it. Will give it a try.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((TB))) - I was that way for years. Even when I was with XABF#1 for 20 years, we only lived together for maybe 6 months of that time? Always had my own place.

There's just been a lot of stuff happen from then to now. I'm sure, by tomorrow, I'll be totally comfortable.

I don't think we even HAVE a stereo? May have to look in Brit's room and see if she has an old boombox or something. Either that or find a station on the music TV channels that I like

It's down to 85 degrees, but I am still hot and sweaty with the fan blowing on me. I forgot I can open the doors to my room..no one on the other side and some of the cooler air may reach my room. I think Brit's room and mine are at the end of the a/c ducts and just don't get much air from it. Will give it a try.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy

Go shut all the other ducts, just for a few days
Old 08-01-2011, 07:23 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

All you HOT ppl! You all have cats, right? Your floor/ceiling vents and the return air filter needs to be cleaned/cleared of cat hair!! Change your filters every month. If you have any furniture sitting over vents on the floor, make sure air can flow out from underneath them. Cover the windows with the plastic you shrink wrap with a blow dryer. Keep your curtains pulled during the sunniest time of the day. You should have some improvement on the air flow and the coolness of your home if you do these things.

You can buy some window screen to put over your vents to help keep the dirt, dust and hair from being sucked down into them. In my case hay and chicken feathers for the most part. The cat room vent is covered already. We keep a box fan blowing down the hall towards the rest of the house to help circulate the air better. Plus we have the ceiling fans going. It's HOT here folks. And going to be that way for the next week. Our electric bill will probably go up by a hundred dollars for next month. But we make up the difference in the winter time. We hardly ever turn on the heater. So the $500.00 a month we pay now will be around $200.00 a month in the winter. I'm going to stay comfortable and keep my babies comfortable. Using the extra water around the back yard is going to cost us too. But it's worth it to keep everyone comfortable.

Okay! I'm headed in for milk and chocolate chip cookies.
Love ya'll
TOD
Old 08-01-2011, 07:39 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

TOD-
Thanks for the reminder of new filters. I have to change mine soon . as soon as i can remember to buy one. I have furniture moved from vents. put up porch screens outside to keep sun from house in afternoon. I keep ceiling fan on. i have a brick house, apt. and it is like an oven. but not too bad, compared to your 108!
did not know about plastic on windows in summer tho!

I learned that we can get used to the heat, somewhat. this week, without so much humidity, it feels so much better.
TB- yep, it is great to do what ever you want! just doing anything at any time you want is heavenly. I have always been somewhat of a loner, tho, even as a young girl. so , i guess i like being with myself well enough, thank goodness-lol
you have furbabies too?
hugs to all hen housers, sweet dreams!
chicory
Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Thanks for the reminder, especially with my tabby cat Q (the hair monster). The main filter in a RV is easy to get to and clean. Sorry TOD but my electricity is included in the site rent so no worries here when it comes to keeping the RV nice and cool in the summer time.

(((chicory))) Two Furbabies, Mama 7 years old and Q is 3. They are a handful but I love them more then anything in this world.

TB