*list of names that I might use from time to time, and their identities*
  1. Henry, my husband
  2. Pops, Henry's father
  3. Richie, Henry's brother
  4. Ran, the youngest of my 3 older brothers
  5. Hank, the oldest of my 3 older brothers
  6. Frances, my sister just younger than me
  7. Annette, my sister next after Frances
  8. Estella, my mother's baby sister, lived with us like my sister since I was 9
  9. Sherlagh, my first ever real friend. She is a 78 yo immegrant to the US, born in Northern GB during WWII, fought in Hermajesty's Royal Women's Brigade against Korea, taught me to knit is 2008 just before I got clean this time
There will be others in the future but this will help you follow my stories. Also I generally refer to my ex-husbands by number, eg. #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, and #6. I choose to rarely use their names, even at home as it is much easier to refer to them by number.

My children are in order of birth, Toni (also adopted by my parents when she was 11 months old), Mindy, and Kevin. Toni's two daughters are Mary Faith and Lois Guadelupe, and Mindy's son's name is Donald Xavier. Faith and Donny are both 3, and Lupe is 2.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:39 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Amy glad you made it home safe. I know the cats were really happy to see you back.
And may this week be the week of good news for you.

I am waiting on teh dental office to open. Something is not right with this extraction, the whole left side of my face is swollen, I have shooting pains up into my head. My face is numb, and I seriously believe it's something to do with the root and the sinus cavity and I do have a dry socket. I don't want to wait around to see that I have something that could be done or prevented.
I haven't touched any narcotics but I think I'm crazy. If I for sure get this job, they will probably ask me what meds I've taken in the last month so it's really moot anyway. I think I need some serious antibiotics though, that amoxicillin for 3 days wasn't enough to knock whatever this is out of the ballpark. The stitch that was half out that I removed isn't the problem as the mouth is not sterile to begin with. I have tried to remember to not spit, not swish, not smoke, not sip with a straw, not blow my nose, not sneeze, not partake of carbonation.
It seems like a lot to ask an addict to give up nicotine, give up diet coke, in addition to going with pain because of worrying about narcotics. If this whole dental deal is weenie then paint me with the weenie brush but something is really not right.

Lenina, it's good to see you and can't wait for you to get home and get on here.

Mrsfit... hope things get sorted out in your direction. 7 husbands,,, you are amazing, I would probably have given up about the 2nd or 3rd. Good for you for perservering.

Tod.. hope your tooth gets better too.
Good to know that Jethro did not get a bowl put on his head for a true country cut/style.

Jay... I want a pic of your dog when you feel better. I don't think I've seen him or the kitty.

I'll be back later and fill you guys in on how this day goes down. Hugs
Old 08-01-2011, 04:47 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Oh Chicory, thank you for the info about the salting of the roses, I hope that works even though the roses are already dry? Your granddaughter is beautiful and talented. Thanks for sharing her with us.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:52 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) and (((Med))) - sorry you're dealing with the dental pain. I was having some pain that I couldn't define? Just hurt around my ears when I swallowed, but also felt like a sinus thing. I have to wear the dentures/partial all the time, but did take them out a bit, when I got home, and pain was immediately gone. It's nothing like what you guys are going through, more of an annoyance, or I'm getting used to it.

Should be doing stores, but have misplaced my phone charger and the bluetooth dad had (he's gotten a headset, so doesn't need it) that I finally got paired up with my phone, last night, so am cleaning off the bed, will do some laundry, and try to find all the stuff the damned gremlins have misplaced in my room. Don't have to be back at work until Fri. (unless they punish me for taking a day off and don't put me on the schedule) so have time to do the stores.

No news on the financial aid stuff for school, though the debt ceiling thing is supposed to not affect it.

(((Med))) - I kept a rose that I'd been given, just hung it upside down and let it dry out. Amazingly, it kept it's petals. Years ago, I also put roses from XABF#1's brother's funeral in little plastic boxes you can get from the craft store and used silica gel, I think. Of course, MY rose is long gone, but last I saw, his mom's and his were still pretty.

(((Lynda))) - I am not going to remember everyone's name, but then as we mention people on here, it sinks in That's why I never mind when someone asks me who I'm talking about, as I know this thread has been around for a LONG time and newer people are joining, which I love.

BTW, my paycheck for 2 weeks, with the vacation I didn't want, nor ask for, and the cut in hours? $150. There ought to be a law against that Thank God dad paid me for helping him on the NY trip and put the gas in my car for the SC trip.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 10:38 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

amy- I understand that you must do certain things to protect the environment of this thread, but I feel violated that you removed my last post and your response to it. I may not post as a result of that loss of trust when I have something that is really bothering me.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I didn't remove the post, a mod did. I don't have those powers in this thread. I'm sorry you feel violated, but there are rules, and I've had my OWN posts removed.

(((TOD))) - Talking to aunt Phyllis, and she said people can't get tomatoes or anything to grow there, either, and they are saying it's just too hot (she says you are getting more heat than they are) and it's the heat at NIGHT that is doing more damage....things just aren't growing, gardens are drying up, etc.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

I swear, if I get any more run-around from people who's job is to help those who cannot help themselves, I WILL EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 12:29 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Dad just got a trip to CA. I'm not going. There is no one to stay at the house, take care of the cats, and it's like a 4-day trip, one way? He did mention asking Brit to come home, but I told him I don't trust her.

Asking for prayers and good thoughts for him, as I am worried about him doing this on his own. Glad that he will get to see family, though, even though he's gonna be a few hours away when he gets there.

I'll have the house to myself, something I've longed for, and now it feels pretty damned weird.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
Administrator

mrsfit,

I removed the post for your protection. We know members are venting, but some remarks can be considered serious to certain agencies. Please send me a PM if you are unhappy for further explanation.

Thanks,
MG
Old 08-01-2011, 12:55 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

It's amazing that a terrorist can get better medical care than an american citizen! Hoorah for the USA, NOT!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 01:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Maybe some concerned member of this site in an office, somewhere will see my rants and see the way that the poor and sick citizens of this country are treated and do something about it. After all, we are not where we were when we were using, and we are supposed to become acceptable, responsible and productive members of society, are't we? So this is the face of acceptable and responsible...Sorry I don't want to be there, it doesn't fit my definition or persona. When it becomes acceptable, responsible and productive to condemn a man to death in a very painful and horrible fashion, starving to death because he cannot keep food down or pay for a doctor, let alone put a doller in the basket, to me that is a disgrace regardless of which fellowship or society that I come from. I can't help it, but my Goddess would not treat anybody that way, so why does the medical community in the USA, who swear an oath to protect and save lives, do just that?????

Just my thoughts, no role playing here! My mask came off a long time ago!

Lynda
Old 08-01-2011, 01:53 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

(((((Mrsfit))))....hey sis..well whatever..we here at the henhouse care about you . THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT CARE!! I am one of em'. Folks rarely accuse me of not caring at work but when they have it cuts to the bone. For the most part...I am going to CHOOSE to believe that most folks have good intentions..That people in the helping professions are there because they care....WHY do I choose to believe this ??? Because I absolutly cannot afford to become so unempowered that I let other peoples actions affect my PEACE OF MIND! I CHOOSE to view people in the light of WELLNESS...rather than sickness...Please don't let this issue rent one more minute of your SERENITY!!!
I would rather be happy than right today!
BE the change you want to see in the world...We love ya here!!
Just want you to FEEL BETTER!!!! and that my friend IS within your power..

love norty

Last edited by northbelle; 08-01-2011 at 01:55 PM. Reason: mis spell
Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

mrsfit: There are several MODs on SR that can and do remove posts all the time. It's okay to feel violated but don't let it set in your head too long. I've had many a post removed myself! I get a little twisted over it sometimes, but then figure it was probably for the best. The MODs do get PMs from ppl that get offended by things posted and they aren't left with much chose but to remove it. So try not to attack one person for doing this. There are thousands that read these messages, but don't post for us to see who they are. Don't take it too personally. Just stop and think about who might be reading our stories and maybe you'll understand it might hurt, bash, intrude, upset someone. I missed it so I don't know what was posted. But I think I can figure it out from the short posts I just read about Henry and the healthcare. We ALL have our gripes about a lot of things. But try and keep it off the boards. You can PM any of us if you want to attack it personally. Everyone has their own opinion about things. So we are all learning to be careful about pushing other ppl's buttons.

Med: I know how you are feeling! I was hurting quite severely last night and feel the same this morning. I've already called the dentist office and they told me to come in on what they call, sick call, in the morning between 7:30 and 2:30. I also called to get a refill on the valium. So we'll see if the doctor does this for me.

Now for all this "weanie" talk. I know Med isn't a weanie and I'm damn sure not one! But it's been fun teasing her and having fun with it. It breaks the monotony up here on the HH! It was also a way to get both of us to hopefully stay away from the pills. I have so far. I don't want the effects of the drug in my system. I just want the pain gone. And I know if I take the pills, it really isn't going to take the pain away. It will only mask it and then I'll be wanting to take more of the pills. What a four sided box to find myself in. Heavy sigh! But the way out is to see the dentist in the morning. So it's A/T for the rest of the evening and then on the road early tomorrow morning.

The heat is upon us. It's 4:30 pm and it's 108.4 here. And I just got pictures from my sister where she was at our parents house. My parents are cutting up a tree for firewood. Dad said to me for many years. Wood splitting will keep you warmed up year round. Dad is measuring the width of this stump and it's 6ft 3in across. It's huge!

Okay, gotta go hose down the dog pen again. Plus Marvin is crowing his butt off. Watch dog/rooster on duty! LOL

TOD
Old 08-01-2011, 02:57 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

I just had a insight...I have been eating corndogs all week long!! This freakin thread is TRIGGERING ME!!!!
Old 08-01-2011, 03:07 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Norty))) - I can't even eat corndogs..yet, with my teeth. Add another t-shirt to ((TOD's)) list

Stepmom just called back, I'm gonna have to set limits as I'm not going to be taking calls 4-5 times/day. Dad asked me to text Brit over something I'd rather not, but did as I could see him trying to text and drive (NOT a good idea). Was a bit worried at her reaction, but apparently they have talked.

Looks like it's going to require more than the dysfunctional people no longer being in my home, to get a little peace, but I'm working on it.

(((TOD))) - don't know how you handle that heat..I'm whining and we're still in the 90's, sitting in front of my fan.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-01-2011, 03:30 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

TOD has weenie hot dog on the brain, she sent me a weenie joke about a woman burning down a barn....lol
Things must be right good at their house.

At my house.... not so good... at least in that lovey dept. got another script for an antibiotic and they asked me if I needed something for pain. It's priceless really. All the meds I have taken in the day when I did not have pain and now that I do have pain I can't touch it. There is a moral in here or karma. They irrigated it and told me that with the complicated extraction that I was doing about as good as I can do...that the sinus issues are normal and I do have a tract between the sinus and the tooth hence the sinus pressure. Takes a month to heal up... and I did find some tooth shrapnel in my gum that was bugging me so I got some tweezers and got rid of those bits that I thought were stitches but were sharp pieces of hacked up tooth... it's been fun. not really but what can you do.

The HR guy is out another week on vacation... and so I'm waiting and waiting some more.

Life is about how we deal with pain I do believe. Hugs everyone.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Now for all this "weanie" talk. I know Med isn't a weanie and I'm damn sure not one! But it's been fun teasing her and having fun with it. It breaks the monotony up here on the HH! It was also a way to get both of us to hopefully stay away from the pills.
T

hey! that was me, teasing you girls, saying how i went back to the fields after dental work, etc. just being ridiculous, and jumping on the weanie train, cause i love you girls, and wanted to make you laugh. I am worried how you are both having some complications, figures doesn't it? when you least need it, here it comes.
and as far as weanies, I would not ever describe either one of you as such, for you both are tough cookies, and I really admire you both. You have all been so good to me, and I hope that you did not even see that post i made.. it was just being silly. i think i have a silliness disorder, or something.

this is the best group of all. and you are all super nice people. i feel so blessed to have been ushered into the hen house. so much fun here, too.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:25 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

lol chicory.... I saw that but I'm so dumb I believed it. I figured you had a hard bringing up and whatnot. OMG.. you are so funny. Hugs. Anybody want to have a weenie roast? It doesn't bother me really.......
Old 08-01-2011, 04:28 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

For teh record I am a weenie. I admit it. Your typical nurse, can dish it but can't take it. That is the pain you know.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:41 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

[and I did find some tooth shrapnel in my gum that was bugging me so I got some tweezers and got rid of those bits that I thought were stitches but were sharp pieces of hacked up tooth... it's been fun. not really but what can you do.
Hey, seriously , this did happen to me too, after about a year, of messing with this little sharp point on my heaed up toothless gap- i dug around and got a piece of tooth, you would think they would clean things up there, would'nt you?!

how's that for not-a-weinie- digging schrapnel out of ones face!!lol
gotta laugh that you thought i was serious med, about going out in the field after a tooth extraction. heck, i would be pulling my own,if i was that tough. I did, however, go back out right after giving birth to my first child. dug a trench through the head-high snow storm, to get to the barn to feed the cows, dragging the new born on a blanket behind me. no, wait, that was a book i read long ago, sorry. heehee. did i get you again med

oh, by the way, dont google weinie woman!!! i was looking for something clever and fun, but I did not anticipate learning what a dome doctor was. Look out, here come the moderators. am i in trouble?

Life is about how we deal with pain I do believe.
Hugs everyone.[/QUOTE]
med- you are amazing.

love ,
chic