Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 07-30-2011, 01:21 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Beloved Hens and Roosters,

I am probably not going to post for a few days due to a great funk that I am getting into, please know that it is NOT the fault of any of you, it is just part of my journey, and I do not wish to take any of you down that road with me. Please be happy and well, I am praying for each of you and Henry wants you all to know that we are doing what we can to take care of his condition. May you all be blessed and I will be back when I am not is such a bad place.

Lynda
Old 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mrsfit... I hope it's nothing we said or did, I don't think we have that kind of power but I still don't want to hurt anybody by all this talk about medications. Come back when you feel up to writing. Hugs.

TOD.... I'm also on Amoxicillin it seems to be doing nothing but maybe it is helping keep out worse problems. I think if I could get one stitch out I'd feel heaps better, it's making me want to yank out the tooth next to the one that was pulled. Maybe some home surgery is in order tonight. I tried to do some housework but everytime my head gets lower than my heart the throbbing gets worse so gave up that idea.
Can't take baby asa because of stomach problems, I swear everytime I take it I have a bleed so probably not a good idea.
I do weird stuff when I'm on the jagged edge. I went to Vancouver Canada online( youtube) and watched some documentaries on street life of addicts. It was enough to make me decide for sure I'm happy just to suffer thru this. And then I decided I needed to see some meth mouth stuff and that is really bad stuff there. I've never done meth or heroin or coke in my life but just by the grace of God that kept me from winding up with a connection or on the street. I'm no different in my abuse than the street people because I was shooting it up. The only difference is the living conditions.
So I just took my ibuprofen and some tylenol and my anti-d
s and listened to some light jazz and finally fell asleep. It's about the same today but mind over matter here. I'm never going back. I guess I needed this experience to really open my eyes that all it takes is just one or two pills to spiral back down so easily into addiction- even after treatment. I will never be cured from this, just have to always always be vigilant. It takes really being very very motivated to keep from going back down. To all of us that have been tempted or thought about it, it's there it always will be but we have each other to help us get thru this and we have our higher power.

Jay.... So sorry about the girlfriend. We all need companionship, but sometimes the timing is everything. Hope your head is better and you're having less ringing in the head. Sweet hugs for you.

Amy... hope your trip goes so smooth, I guess you've already left. I would so enjoy hugging a baby, nothing like sweet clean baby smells, baby powder and I remember kissing my daughter's little baby feet. Hugs.

Chicory, about a week ago daughter got flowers from her bf and I've got the daisys and carnations in the fridge right now, the roses are dried up and hopefully we can keep them intact but dried. Any suggestions on preservation? Hope your Saturday is joyful and peaceful.

Hiya Timebuster. Hugs.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:02 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: If you take asprin, like so many can't, then take 3 to 4 Arthritis Tylenol. That works great for pain for me. The baby asprin helps me with the fever though. NOW YOU KNOW HOW LITTLE IT TAKES TO WANT TO BE TAKING OPIATES AGAIN. Now you know why I was so reluctant to take them. Me getting so excited over the thought of taking the opiates again was enough to SCREAM in my head DON'T YOU DARE! Go eat a pound of homemade fudge and forget about the opiates. LOL Or drink your Mt Dew freezes, whatever your feel good thrill might be, other than opiates, do it!

I just got in from watering all the grass in the chicken pens. Lordy is it hot out there. The temp says it's 101.5! Got Ms Ethyel out doing her potty job. After I get her back in I have to jump in the shower, put on my war paint and then get to the base before 7:00. Gotta make a ciggie run for us, my dad and the neighbor. And it's 5:00 now. Then I have to swing by the store and get can corn for the spoiled kids.

Get rid of the pills Med. That will help lessen your desire for them. Knowing they are just waiting for you is going to be hard to resist. Do the smart thing.

I have stitches out the wazoo in my mouth. They'll come out on their own, leave them alone. You don't want to accidently open up the extraction area! Then you'll be going back to the dentist to get more put in. Quit acting like an injured bird for goodness sake. You're a nurse and have seen and endured worse than this. Do your salt water moutwash to help it heal quicker.

Love ya
TOD

PS: We'll still be here Mrsfit when you get over your funk. Hug Henry for us and tell him to stay in the cool.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:12 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Med and Lynda, I have a picture to cheer you up

Why hello der. No I am not a half-crocodile, half-dinosaur. I am a crested gecko.

(This is the only good picture you'll ever see of Darby...ever. This was nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get)
Old 07-30-2011, 03:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((((((Med))))))) No, my dear, it was not the talk of drugs that put me into this funk, my mental illness has been rearing it's great ugly head, and as much as I enjoy reading all the updates, I can't help my urges to want to lash out when this comes on again. Please do not worry, you have not hurt me or my recovery in any way, this is just part of who I am. I blogged a bit, and if you feel up to it, reading my last blog might help you to understand.

((TOD)) I know that you will still be here, and I am still reading along, but this may be my last posting until I find a way to put the demon back into his box. I do hate it when he finds a way to pick the lock and surprises me all over again.

((Jay)) Thank you so much for the beautiful picture of ((Darby)). I read your entire blog, and I must say, I wish I had your gift with words, I felt as if I were right by your side through your entire journey. I love ya, hun, I think I may know where you are with what is going on, I have walked those same paths, with different players for many years and applaud you for coming to your senses way before I was ready to do so.

I love you all, and my not posting is to prevent me from lashing out on you all from fear that you do not want me here, even though you say that I am welcome. I am really a scared little girl, hiding in a woman's body.

Lynda
Old 07-30-2011, 04:05 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

mrs fit I wil read your blog.... If I can handle TOD telling me to take off my weenie shirt and put on my big girl pants, I doubt you can upset me I doubt there is anything you can say that I've not already thought or said to myself. post it here ... TOD will just have to suck it up, we're here for each other's pain..... I love TOD, she's right but she's still lucky I wasn't sitting next to her These boards are really for fighting out our demons, getting the monkeys off our back and throwing the chips off the shoulders. You're welcome to be here always. I am not always nice. I admit I'm whiney, it's part of me wanting to be mothered. Sad but true. Hugs hugs hugs.

TOD you're right. I want the job and this pain will go away, this is a one time shot for the job. Hubby has the pills but sadly I know I can manipulate him if I wanted one. I have no idea where they are. It's good that way.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:08 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Jay,, he's beautiful omg did he change colors? I thought he was browner but he has lovely eyes. You are awesome at this. I think you should submit your photos to a magazine and see if you can get work. NO more crap hitting you on the head just doing what you love and you're very very talented. If I had the money honey I'd buy you a Hassslblad thingy camera.

Do you have photoshop? I have a copy, and I could try to burn it, it works best on XP version of windows. It's adobe 7. There are a couple of free online adobe like photomanipulations too. I'm thinking of a site called picnic.com.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

MRSFIT....Your posted letter sounds like me, sometimes i really have to force myself to get on here. I love to isolate but hate being lonely.I hate the telephone with a passion and will not answer it, I don't want anyone coming too close but I need people and I am afraid people might not like the real me that shuts down emotionally. You're not alone Lynda. In my nurse group many of the nurses feel the same way we want people but we don't. As far as thinking mean thoughts, most of us have thought not so nice things.

Henry will get better, I'm using or trying to do healing touch on my hubby and my own toothache. Hugs hugs
Old 07-30-2011, 06:49 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: How could you suggest such a thing? My jaw already hurts as well as the extraction area. I'm not too worried about it though. I'm a big muscular woman with eyes that see all around me. So I would have just grabbed the hand coming at me and slid over on top of you. We would have had a come to Jesus meeting and things would have been fine! LOL Oh yeah! Hubby said he'd slap me for you BTW!!!

At least I got you stirred up enough to realize where your stinking thinking was headed. I'd enjoy being out of this misery with a pill or two, but I'd be screwed if I took them. And thank God I have sense enough to realize this. This is day four after the extraction and those 24 pills would have been gone, gone, gone by now. Then I'd be a real "B" and would have to start the w/d's again. Lord! Please let me NEVER have to endure those days again. Amen!!! I like the friendly, carefree person I am now with a little bit of vinegar to my words when they are needed to shake someone up out there dark spot.

Mrsfit: You say whatever you want to say on here. TOD isn't going to stop you or yell at you! I just might actually have a few good words of advice for you. So don't listen to weanie with her big girl panties on up on the top message! I've had several post removed from the SR pages because of stuff I've said on here.

Well I rushed out of here at 6:10 to head to the post. I got about 15 minutes from there and realized this is Saturday! They close at 6:00 on Saturday's. So I made a large U-turn thru the city and took another freeway headed back to our area. I also had to go get can corn. So I made it to the store and got six cases of can corn. So tomorrow I'll have to get a earlier start and get there before 5:00. We'll probably deliver mom and dad's truck along with his ciggies to them tomorrow too. Mom promised hubby a large pan of greens for all the work he's done on their truck they bought last Saturday. He loves his greens! LOL I believe it's a 1988 model.

Jay: Beautiful colored gecko! I had to laugh at the ONLY photo statement. Can you just imagine the weeks and months photographers spend in the wild to get the perfect picture? I'd have to have a ton of my vanilla spray for bug spray to endure the other pests trying to eat me while I was waiting. Hope you find something enjoyable to spend doing on your paid time off.

Okay! Gotta find something for supper. Probably going to be hotdogs. The other thing hubby could live on. And of course hamburgers!!!

TOD
Old 07-30-2011, 07:44 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

You're eating hot dogs. Ask Jethro what the weather is going to be doing here. It's looked like it's going to storm all day and nothing yet. thanks.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Laughing so hard right now I'm choking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Chicory, about a week ago daughter got flowers from her bf and I've got the daisys and carnations in the fridge right now, the roses are dried up and hopefully we can keep them intact but dried. Any suggestions on preservation? Hope your Saturday is joyful and peaceful.

hairspray the roses, and let them dry. the heavy spritz kind is good. sometimes you can sprinkle salt on the roses, a good bit of it, and they will dry sort of crystal looking.

hugs. having fun with grandaughter, she is doing her first painting, on an easel with a canvas and using acrylics. a picture of fruit, and she is having a great time, learning that she can do something that she never thought she could do.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:17 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Okay will try salting up the roses, they are already rather dry so I know we can't hurt them. Thanks Chicory and I know you're enjoying the grandaughter .. Hugs.

I managed to get the stitch out and I feel LOADS better. Relief is just a stitch away.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by meditation View Post
Jay,, he's beautiful omg did he change colors? I thought he was browner but he has lovely eyes. You are awesome at this. I think you should submit your photos to a magazine and see if you can get work. NO more crap hitting you on the head just doing what you love and you're very very talented. If I had the money honey I'd buy you a Hassslblad thingy camera.

Do you have photoshop? I have a copy, and I could try to burn it, it works best on XP version of windows. It's adobe 7. There are a couple of free online adobe like photomanipulations too. I'm thinking of a site called picnic.com.
Darby is still growing (he's gotta like triple in size yet...) and he might still develop more color but he looks lighter in that picture because he is "fired down". They can be "fired up" where they show the most color, his orange is really bright and his base color (the brown) is almost black when he is fired up, he doesn't fire up very often. They generally only fire up when they're stressed, hunting, and sometimes when they're just very awake at night. He was half fired up in that photo, because I woke him up from a peaceful slumber and he was probably mad at me (they're nocturnal). That's why he's not as dark as in the other photos (I took the other ones at night, so he was more awake, therefore more fired up). When he's all the way fired down, his base color is grey-ish, and his orange can actually turn into a cream color in his most relaxed state (it's usually more of a very light brown but I have seen it reach the cream once). It's miraculous what they can do.

I do have photoshop (I have a mac, a present I bought myself after my old laptop died). I don't do much with it other than mess with color to make greens, blues, reds, etc brighter in certain photos.
Old 07-30-2011, 11:12 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I took Maria outside for a little while after I got back from walmart a little while ago. Sitting there right in the back here beside the sun room and back porch. Was out there about an hour with three big lights on the area in order for her to see the crickets. All of a sudden I hear her make her alert noise and the head goes down and stretches out with her beak flush to the ground. I look quickly to see what it is and there is a possum running for cover under my car.

So I just pick Maria up and take her inside. Then I go unplug all the lights and lock the door. I threw a bunch of leftovers in the dog pen, so it probably smells it. Good luck getting to share any of it. The last possum that tried it ended up being killed by the dogs. I just hope it doesn't get into the mountain of garbage waiting to go to the dump. Which will be soon!

Med: I'm glad to hear it was a stitch that was causing most of the pain. I've never encountered that problem before. However! The tooth beside the extraction area is giving me some pain. It's probably due to being more exposed now. I'm going to have to start doing more salt water piks to help with the pain underneath all the crowns I have. The salt water helps to cleanse the tissue and gets rid of any bacteria that's built up under the crowns. I'll be so glad to get on a regular cleaning routine and get all these crowns, bridges and implants done and over with.

Okay! Got to go take my second shower for the day. Living in these hot environments will make a person want to do that. Between sweating and having multiple little stingers on you while outside it is a must to shower. When I lived in WI at the Dairy Farm. The old farmer just couldn't understand why I took so many showers. After coming here for a visit, he didn't ask me anymore about how many showers I wanted to take. LOL He figured it out on his own.

Love to all
TOD
Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

How DRY and HOT Is It in Arkansas???

A buddy out of Conway said he'd killed a mosquito that was carrying a canteen.

A man in Fort Smith said the chicken farmers were giving the chickens
crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.

In West Helena, they caught a 20 lb catfish that had ticks on it!

But just this week, in Searcy, a fire hydrant was seen bribing a dog.

It's so dry in Arkansas that the Baptists are starting to baptize by sprinkling, the Methodists are using wet-wipes,the Presbyterians are giving out rain-checks, and the Catholics are praying for the wine to turn back into water.

Now THAT's Dry and Hot!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 11:30 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

This is very scary.
Please watch it, especially if you have children!!!

Please pass this on!

PLEASE PASS THIS INFO TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO TAKES PICTURES
WITH THEIR CELL OR SMART PHONE AND POSTS THEM ON LINE.

I want everyone of you to watch this and then be sure to share with all your family and friends.
Its REALLY important info, about what your posting things on your cell phones can do TO YOU!!!
Too much technology out there these days so beware...........

If you have children or grandchildren you NEED to watch this.
I had no idea this could happen from taking pictures on the blackberry or cell phone. It's scary.

‪Smartphone pictures pose privacy risks‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Had a horrid sinus headache from hell yesterday, I was out of commission the entire day. Had to take several doses of Tylenol sinus pain reliever. Honestly, I am more of the type of person to tough it out “It doesn’t hurt THAT bad” but this sinus headache was a doozie. Lenina karma35 Kelsey

(((Lynda))) Thinking of you and Henry. I Hope you feel better soon.

(((Jay))) This is the first time I seen a gecko up that close. Thank you for the beautiful picture of (((Darby))).

(((Med))) Aren’t you coming up to your 3 years anniversary?

(((TOD))) This is very scary stuff. You would think they would tell you taking pictures on a cell phone they can track you like that.

(((Amy))) Send pictures of the baby.

(((Lenina))) (((karma35))) (((Kelsey))) (((40T))) (((Norty))) (((windy)))

Hugs to all.
TB
Old 07-31-2011, 12:02 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Chicory))) Hugs to you too.

TB
Old 07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Dopeless Hope Fiend

Good Sunday to you all,,
Finally I get two days off ! What a long week it was at work..I kept track and this week I assisted 200 people ...That is quite a caseload for someone who is not even a caseworker huh! I think I have earned the right to do nothing today...I am going shopping as I have 250 bucks to spend on clothes at Kohls so that should be kinda fun!!

I can't even imagine living in the kind of heat you describe...It has been so hot and muggy here I have the fan on me all the time and in a constant sweat at work! AND IT IS 75 DEGREES!!!

Now I am not sure if this is TRUE or not. I will let you guys give me feedback...But even visitors to Alaska say it is HOT here...Well what I have HEARD is that we are closer to the sun??? So it feels hotter than it is?? A different KIND of heat??? It is very MUGGY here.....sultry...humid......I don't know I am not a expert on the weather but maybe Jethro will give me some insight into this phenomena!

We had a memorial yesterday for the three that past away this summer from alcohol....we got news that 2 more of our homeless died but it is not confirmed. Ya know I do want to say that I DO see folks getting sober and getting off the streets. People who have some incredible mental health challenges that hold jobs in the community. So people Do recover...

Every time I come to this thread I am made grateful for the wonderful dentures that I have !!! Never give me any problems other than the inconvience of false teeth!! Glue...lack of "tearing" power! I am grateful to have no mouth pain anymore. For years I did...Now that I have SAID that I will probably GET some weird mouth infection or my teeth will break!! You know how that murphys law thing works right??

I have a friend..my best friend who is really struggling right now . Ever since she had a hysterectomy 2 years ago she has really CHANGED...Her memory is awful now ...and she has been fired from her last three jobs because of her lack of cognitive ability...her personality has also changed wuite a bit....I am worried for her and not sure what to do...I think she needs to apply for SSDI and see a docter. She coudl haave early onset alzheimers of something huh?? Any experience with this stuff you guys??

Ok well I have asked snough questions for one post!
Hope all are feeling well-er!!

Going to take a long unhurried bath since I DON"T have to WORK TODAY!!! YAY!!!

love norty