Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 07-29-2011, 12:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OMG! Weenie Woman t-shirts? Too funny!
So Med? What is your favorite type/brand you like?

Here's something I just learned! Any time you are buying bread! There are different colored twist tabs on the loaf of bread. These colors vary for each store, so you'll have to ask the manager which is used for their store. But the colors are the way to tell which is the freshest and oldest bread on the shelf. Pretty cool, huh?

Well! My hole in my jaw feels like it has pieces of cadivor bone chips in it. LOL It's talking dirty to me today. I still have a knot on my cheek too. But since hubby is giving me lots of TLC. I'm going to milk it as long as I can!

Love to all
TOD
Old 07-29-2011, 02:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Ok, ((everyone)), I promised an update so here it is: The tests and blood work and symptoms show no reason for Henry to be concerned, but he now has to get a pretty strong suppository to go with a pretty strong stool softener, and "follow up". I asked the nurse, "If nothing is wrong with him why can't he poop or eat or drink??" She told me , "We can't find anything wrong with him that warrants hospitalization."

An old-timer friend of ours down here, He quit using in 1973, highly recommended this hospital to us, and even took us to the ER. I just don't know what to do, other than place Henry in Freya's hands.

Please keep him in your prayers, no matter who your HP is...

And on the storm front, just as I suspected, TS Don is falling apart and what is left of him will come onshore in about 4-5 hours around the Rio Grande, barely affecting us at all, we may get a shower, which we need, but nothing serious.

((TB)), make mine an XL in red please, lol

hugs n smoochies to all,

Lynda is gonna shut down for a while
Old 07-29-2011, 02:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Mrsfit: Apple juice, ice cream and fiber tablets will help the potty problem.

TOD
Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Found on one of my social networks today....Seems pretty accurate, what do you think?

DEAR CONGRESS, Last year I mismanaged my funds and this year my family and I cannot decide on a budget. Until we come to a unified decision that fits all of our needs & interests we will have to shut down our checkbook and will no longer be able to pay our taxes. I'm sure you'll understand. Thank you very much for setting an example we can follow.

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda
Old 07-29-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Alright, enough of this lying around crap. I'm so bored I think I could die, so I think I will pass time by writing the little story of what's been going on, it's nothing spectacular.

Once upon a time...a man named Jason went to work. I have very little recollection of the actual event, I remember the before and a little while after, but part of this is what my buddy from work told me.

There are these belt things that we call "lift belts" and you put them around castings that are too heavy for two guys to lift. You attach the lift belts to a giant hook which is connected to a crane like thing. I was walking down on the concrete next to all the line workers, toward the break room to get some water, and the guy running the crane-type thing didn't raise the hook far enough up like he thought he had to clear all of our heads and he started to move it over. All I heard was a the whiz of the hook coming towards me and BAM. I'm out. My buddy said that I was out for about 20 seconds, he said I was very confused when I came too. They called an ambulance (its policy, I don't think I needed one...) and so I got carted away in that and my buddy drove to the hospital to meet me there cause obviously someone had to tell the doctor what happened and it wasn't going to be me. They gave me the concussion test, I think I failed at least one question in every section (I knew my name though!). They gave it to me again an hour later and I was good to go. So they sent me off after stitching up my ear cause that got all busted up from the hook banging into the side of my head. I was wearing my air-hood which is soft but isn't like a bag, it's got a little structure to it, and I think if I wasn't wearing it I would have gotten a skull fracture. Jake "babysat" me through the night but I woke up and vomited a good deal...and by morning I was like no, take me back to the hospital cause I thought maybe my brain was bleeding or something (I believe the doctor told me vomiting means there is a higher chance of bleeding in the brain). So he took me back and I got a CT scan, but my brain is fine so that's good. Sue came later that day and got me (since I wasn't supposed to drive) as Jake works so he can't babysit me all day and make sure I don't get into any shennanagins. So now I am here, and I will be getting workers comp because I will be out for 2 more weeks since you can't really work with heavy machinery if your brain has been knocked around. I'll be going home tomorrow though. Vomiting has subsided, now I just have gnarly headaches and ringing in my ears... Oh and nice bruise on the half of my face to boot.

I'm a winner. A real lucky one.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Damn Jayson: I'm going to buy you a T-shirt that says TNT on the front and back. Don't touch this you'll have an explosion. This way ppl will avoid hurting you. Then I'm going to buy you a helmet with the words, Clutsy, stay far away.

Maybe with these two things you won't be getting knocked around so much.

You know I love ya, take care of yourself! Other mommies will be along to baby you. I have too much Army in me to be too babyish to ya!

TOD
Old 07-29-2011, 07:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I really like something a bit girly you know, something that shows off my soft side especially if I'm wearing something that says WEENIE WOMAN. People might think I'm advertising for a new business or something. I might get arrested. I guess I'll wear whatever TOD is wearing.

Mrsfit hope the hubby gets to feeling better soon. Glad the storm did not hit you guys.

Jay..... omg that's so horrible, I hope the crane guys gets some better instruction on operating a crane. So is your ear okay? They probably should pay all your medical bills and compensate you. Hugs hugs hugs.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

See! I knew I had a picture of Med tucked away in my files!

Old 07-29-2011, 08:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Now that looks like an Oscar Meyer!!!!!!!!!!!!

((Jay)) I think I agree with ((TOD)), You need something to warn people off, this is just too dangerous a life to keep getting whacked inna Head!, Love ya!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Yeah TOD see that hot dog is named Oscar you need a female hot dog not a male.
Old 07-29-2011, 08:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpeedyJason View Post
Alright, enough of this lying around crap. I'm so bored I think I could die, so I think I will pass time by writing the little story of what's been going on, it's nothing spectacular.

Once upon a time...a man named Jason went to work. I have very little recollection of the actual event, I remember the before and a little while after, but part of this is what my buddy from work told me.

There are these belt things that we call "lift belts" and you put them around castings that are too heavy for two guys to lift. You attach the lift belts to a giant hook which is connected to a crane like thing. I was walking down on the concrete next to all the line workers, toward the break room to get some water, and the guy running the crane-type thing didn't raise the hook far enough up like he thought he had to clear all of our heads and he started to move it over. All I heard was a the whiz of the hook coming towards me and BAM. I'm out. My buddy said that I was out for about 20 seconds, he said I was very confused when I came too. They called an ambulance (its policy, I don't think I needed one...) and so I got carted away in that and my buddy drove to the hospital to meet me there cause obviously someone had to tell the doctor what happened and it wasn't going to be me. They gave me the concussion test, I think I failed at least one question in every section (I knew my name though!). They gave it to me again an hour later and I was good to go. So they sent me off after stitching up my ear cause that got all busted up from the hook banging into the side of my head. I was wearing my air-hood which is soft but isn't like a bag, it's got a little structure to it, and I think if I wasn't wearing it I would have gotten a skull fracture. Jake "babysat" me through the night but I woke up and vomited a good deal...and by morning I was like no, take me back to the hospital cause I thought maybe my brain was bleeding or something (I believe the doctor told me vomiting means there is a higher chance of bleeding in the brain). So he took me back and I got a CT scan, but my brain is fine so that's good. Sue came later that day and got me (since I wasn't supposed to drive) as Jake works so he can't babysit me all day and make sure I don't get into any shennanagins. So now I am here, and I will be getting workers comp because I will be out for 2 more weeks since you can't really work with heavy machinery if your brain has been knocked around. I'll be going home tomorrow though. Vomiting has subsided, now I just have gnarly headaches and ringing in my ears... Oh and nice bruise on the half of my face to boot.

I'm a winner. A real lucky one.
((((Jay))))
You are a winner, and very lucky. you could have had your eye put out. If I lived close, I would be trotting down there, and give that joker a piece of my mind. you dont use heavy equipment, if you dont have enough smarts to be careful!! Bless your heart.
That is it, no more hurts. enjoy your time off honey, and take it easy until you feel good, ok?

hugs
chicory
Old 07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I didn't call it Oscar. Mrsfit did! You're a little mixed up there Med!
Old 07-29-2011, 08:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Meh, I'm not mad at the guy who was workin the crane. Mistakes are mistakes... I'm just glad the hook wasn't facing me when it came at me (I can assume it wasn't cause the damage would have been a whole lot worse if it was)!

((TOD and Lynda)) - Please make me a helmet. I will wear it all the time. . I didn't really think about it till you said it but you're right, almost all my injuries have to do with my head.

This is my second concussion now, and as everybody says, once you have one it's a lot easier to get the another! Hopefully I never get anymore.

((Med)) - I was reading back through posts and you asked about my girlfriend. She is now my ex-girlfriend. I broke up with her (nicely, I swear!) a while back but neglected to mention it. It just wasn't working.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:10 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

(((Jay))) damn, your head has been through some rough ****, lately. I'm glad you're doing better, and Ken and Sue have been taking care of you. I will say a prayer that your head stays clears of fists and heavy equipment. I can imagine the bored feeling. I can[t DO boredom very well.

Work is really getting on my nerves. M and T STILL didn't mark me off the schedule for tomorrow, so I marked myself off and wrote "have discussed with M". Ended up working front counter and DT, Mrs. P was annoying while she was there, but I basically ignored her. She even told me we don't have a meal that we've had forever.

Made a list of things to take to SC. Have NO luggage, tote bag, etc. so will be doing the plastic bag thing..sigh. We won't be home until Sunday, and though they have a computer, I'll probably be spending too much time with the baby to get on.

(((Lynda))) - hope that (((Henry))) gets to feeling better soon.

(((TB))) - LOVE the t-shirt idea

Got Elvis snuggling with me and feel bad at leaving the cats 2 days, after just having left them when I went to NY, but will make it up to them.

Brit is at a club celebrating her 18th b'day. I half expect for us to get a phone call that she's been busted for underage drinking, but NMP. If it doesn't happen tonight, I have a feeling it will come. I'm just glad I'm not around her as she's pretty goofy or obnoxious when shes's drunk...not something I want to be around.

Going to sleep, soon. Gotta give Elvis his grilled chicken and see if he leaves me any. Patches was actually on the driveway when I got home, but off to the side so I didn't have to chase her off.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Most probably am mixed up.. I'm on this forum aren't I lol...... this is not for teh goody goody two shoes never been in trouble forum, lady singing the blues here.
I do think I've got a dry socket brewing. My whole left side of my face to my neck is one throb. I'm seriously wanting a drug right now and It's about all I can do to stop myself from eating about 4 of them. What is stopping me is I want this job bad yeah so I can torture myself for another 14 hours a day with no nicotine. I must be into self torture. Hanging on by a hair here by my strong will.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Amy-or is it Amusements? lol loved that name!
hope you have a great time with that baby. they can really give so much and they have no idea. guess that is what unconditional love does for us
I dont have luggage either. i usually stuff something into those reusable shopping bags, the fabric type. i dont travel except to the daughters sometimes for over night, thank goodness. guess i should spend some time looking at thrift stores for a piece of luggage. but bedbugs make me wary of anything anymore! have a safe trip, and write when you can. guess Patches knows you are leaving, and she wanted to be nicer, and let you in the drive. love,hugs and kisses, and take pictures, please?

Med- honey, I am sorry that you are having this pain. dry sockets are something i have not had, and have had several extractions. yep, you are in a spot, with a job finally coming to save the day, and now cant take anything. i dont blame you tho, cause would kick myself forever for blowing a job, because of a dry socket-hugs honey, keep ice on it, and elevate your head, so blood doesn't rush to that area. it always seems to hurt more when i lay down. he!!, you are a nurse for pete's sake, why am i trying to give you ideas??? cause i love ya, that's why!

TOD- you are a tough cookie. hanging out there with the critters and protecting them from all sorts of predators!!! in this heat. you should do a reality show! need a name for that......love ya honey, stay cool, and have fun. it sounds like your day is mostly fun, aside from the hard work. you are so blessed to have a nice hubby.

mrsfit- i hope henry is ok. that is nothing to wait around on, gall bladder. he might need to get that yanked out. before it really poisons his system, if it is infected.
hope you get some rain from don the hurricane. they are usually good for a weeks worth of miserable wetness here in ohio. when they come this way that is.

my grandaughter is staying over with me tonight. i am so excited. she is almost 10. we will hit hobby lobby, get pizza, and stay up much too late, playing crossword, telling silly stories, or reading. we both love johnny depp, isn't that bridging the age gap!!

love to norty.

tpa- thinking of you. hope you are doing ok, miss talking with you girl.

love to all, have the bestest saturday ever.
thanks for being here, too. i depend on the friendship and support , and it is nice to know you are here.

love and hugs,
chicory
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Morning, ((all)). Just woke up to the sound of retching, so I guess the new meds aren't working either. Henry and I are both about to pull our hair out, the ER yesterday said that they can't find anything, and there was no reason to keep them. It just doesn't sound kosher with what we were told a week ago. Still, I am trying to give him high fiber solutions, and ((Tod)), I gave him an Apple Juice Float with Benefiber sprinkles, lol, but he said that he was willing to try anything, literally!

((Amy)), please be careful on your way to SC, I have a dear friend from the UK who lives in SC and has been here in the US for 58 years. She lives in Conway, SC, so please just throw her a wave as you pass near. Seriously, I know from personal experience that some of the folks in SC drive like they want to have a wreck, so be very careful up there. Enjoy your time with the baby, and you are right, it's probably a good thing that you aren't going to be around Britt in her obnoxious period.

((Med)) sending soothing, healing vibes your way! Please dear, don't let this get you down, not when you are so close to your goal. I am rooting for ya', hun! I really can feel your pain, and am asking my HP to take the pain away for you.

((Jay)) I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those seizure helmets like they use in the state hospital, painting it with flames and a huge caution and sending it to you!!! I am sending a bubble of protective energy your way to (hopefully) keep you from getting hurt any more. Think of it as a spiritual electric fence, designed to keep trouble out not you in. This should help for a time to keep the worst harm away, but if you are willing to let me send you a protective ********, I will! I would hate for something to happen to you, now that I've grown to love ya like a little brother!

((TB)) I love the t-shirts idea, actually cackled like a setting hen when I read it! Henry looked at me like I was crazy, but oh well, I needed a laugh!

((Chick)) We got some light blowing drizzle for 30 minutes, but since Don was such a wus, and broke up actually before he hit land, nothing substantial, just enough to get the mosquitoes buzzing again, but that's ok, I found that they will not bite someone who consumes large quantities of garlic in their diet, and I love the stuff!

I pretty much lurked around yesterday, cause I have been in the habit of saying what I think, and yesterday, I was not thinking nice thoughts! And if something happened to the people I was not thinking nice thoughts about, I sure didn't want to have anything to connect me to their tragedies, if you know what I mean!

((TPA)), ((Tuff)), and everyone else, hurry back, please. I so miss not catching up on your days, too! ((Norty)) please never stop being the wonderful person that you are, and know that I truly admire you for all that you do!

Hugs n smoochies,

Lynda
Old 07-30-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

(((Med))) - they gave me antibiotics for the dry socket. Back, years ago, when I had $7,000 worth of work done on my teeth (the root canals and crowns), I had a horrific tooth ache (had not yet gotten into the opiates) and called the dentist, saying "I NEED something for pain!" She said "you need antibiotics". I didn't believe her, but damned if she wasn't right. She had me double up the dose on a very cheap antibiotic once, then start taking it as prescribed and my pain was gone in a couple of hours.

(((Lynda))) - glad the storm didn't get you, but sorry that (((Henry))) still isn't feeling any better. You probably already know this, but with gallbladder problems, high fat foods are a no-no. Most people will have the "attacks" after eating something fatty/fried.

The area of SC we're going to, we'll actually have to watch out for deer more than other drivers. About 3 years ago, I was delivering a box for dad, had his GPS and it fell on the floor. I reached down to get it, was going very slowly (through an intersection) and ran into the truck in front of me. Found out, when I got home, had forgotten to pay insurance and it was canceled. I was mere miles from stepbrother and stepmom's sister, so they came and got me and I got the box delivered and dad came up to get me. That was quite an expensive lesson, and I changed back to the insurance I'd had for years, and it's automatically withdrawn from my check.

I hadn't used this insurance, initially, when I got my car because I'd had 2 cars "stolen" (read rented to d-boys) and another totaled (by XABF#2) within 6 months and didn't think they'd take me back, but enough years had passed that they did.

We're not leaving until noon, now, so am getting stuff together and checking it off on my list.

(((Chicory))) - the autocorrect changed my name to "amazon" the other day, so if I have a choice, I'd rather have "amusement"

Love all the t-shirt and helmet ideas..can't ya just see the henhouse in a business adventure

If I don't check in, just assume I'm having a great time, and will be back tomorrow.

Love to all!!!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 07-30-2011, 09:02 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) Have a safe and fun trip. Enjoy your time with the baby and family.

Hugs
TB
Old 07-30-2011, 01:07 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Med: I had a lot of pain last night too! It felt worse than it has from the initial extraction and I had a little bit of fever too. I didn't want to take my extra strength Pamprin with caffeine in it since it was so late, so I fell back on my old faithful helper. Baby asprin. Take four of them and use a salt water mouthwash to help the painful area.

I was given Amoxicillin to take twice a day.

The thought of the pain meds in the CAT room were damn tempting last night. But I KNEW better. Cleaning the boys crates, I was hurting, but I didn't take any of the opiates. Hubby knows I'm hurting and keeps telling me he has FAITH in me to make it thru w/o them. Well I'm glad somebody does, because I'm ready to pour the pills into a burn pile so I want have them available to me anymore. But we have burn bans on all around us, so they may have to be crushed in dumped in a pile of chicken poop! LOL

Med: You had the experience of the pills in the beginning of this. Your mind is telling you, you NEED them for this pain. There are other alternatives. If it wasn't for this upcoming job interview or hire. Would you still be willing to think about should you or shouldn't you take them? I have nothing to keep me from taking them, other than the desire NOT to get back into that three ring circus again.

Don't lay around thinking about the pain. Get busy doing something. It will help you to not focus on it so much.

I love ya and I'm right there in the same condition you are. You aren't going thru this alone. I've already taken my 4 asprins and the pain is already easing up. Give it a try.

TOD