View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
chicory

[
QUOTE=Tiredofdrugs;3053674]I took Maria outside for a little while after I got back from walmart a little while ago. Sitting there right in the back here beside the sun room and back porch. Was out there about an hour with three big lights on the area in order for her to see the crickets. All of a sudden I hear her make her alert noise and the head goes down and stretches out with her beak flush to the ground. I look quickly to see what it is and there is a possum running for cover under my car.
Dang, these hens are like watchdogs, aren't they? They see things, before you do, and they are just low to the ground, eyes on the sides, and all. They must have good hearing too, to catch bugs. you are making me want a chicken!

Just read on the internet about a guy who was killed , they think, by 17 black widow bites! poor guy, he worked in a horse barn, and they think he must have brought a spider home. dam@ things. sounds like it was in his shoe, or his bed. he had gotten bitten and within two weeks was gone. was a young guy. they said that black widow bites are rarely fatal. ugh. i got bit by a brown recluse once, put me in the hospital with gangrenous sore at the bite site. felt like i had the flu, drove myself to the hospital (husband #1 a$$), and they kept me for three days , til the found out what kind of med i needed . scary.it started like a tiny blood blister on my hand, and i popped it, thinking that would help the pain, but NOOOOO, things just went down hill from there.
so. watch for spiders , TOD. Lord knows you probably have them too, out there. in the wild wild world of silkies.
So I just pick Maria up and take her inside. Then I go unplug all the lights and lock the door. I threw a bunch of leftovers in the dog pen, so it probably smells it. Good luck getting to share any of it. The last possum that tried it ended up being killed by the dogs. I just hope it doesn't get into the mountain of garbage waiting to go to the dump. Which will be soon!
I am sorry, but those poor opposumaie are so homely, it is unnerving to catch them rummaging in the cats food at night. my mom once thought one on her porch was a pig, (she WAS drinking at the time) , and she freaked out. it was kinda funny. bet the dogs LOVE it when they get possum for company, don't they?

Med: I'm glad to hear it was a stitch that was causing most of the pain. I've never encountered that problem before. However! The tooth beside the extraction area is giving me some pain. It's probably due to being more exposed now. I'm going to have to start doing more salt water piks to help with the pain underneath all the crowns I have. The salt water helps to cleanse the tissue and gets rid of any bacteria that's built up under the crowns. I'll be so glad to get on a regular cleaning routine and get all these crowns, bridges and implants done and over with.
You girls are both weinies! I have had teeth pulled and gone back to the fields the next morning. opening pop bottles with my bare gums, and all. lol

Okay! Got to go take my second shower for the day. Living in these hot environments will make a person want to do that. Between sweating and having multiple little stingers on you while outside it is a must to shower. When I lived in WI at the Dairy Farm. The old farmer just couldn't understand why I took so many showers. After coming here for a visit, he didn't ask me anymore about how many showers I wanted to take. LOL He figured it out on his own.
Maybe that farmer didn't see much reason for showers anyway, except for the Saturday bath, lol.
you lived at a dairy farm? I hate milk fresh from the cow, but I absolutely LOVE fresh churned butter-ummmm.

hope your weather is cooler. ours is a bit.

love,
chicory

Love to all
TOD
[/QUOTE]