Notices

Hen house talk..part 15

Old 08-14-2011, 06:39 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I went to Sundays brunch meeting, after that I went food shopping then laundry. About the time I got home my knee was swollen like a balloon and in excruciating pain. After putting the grocery and laundry away I got out my ice pack strap it around my knee for some relief. Half an hour later some of the swelling went down. Pain went from a 9 to a bearable 6. When this happens am finish for the rest of the day. I go from walking with a Cane to walking on a Walker. My mobility to get around or do something constructive around the house comes to a halt. All I do is ice, ice and more ice and keep the weight off the knee by laying or sitting around. The funny thing about all these is I’ll wake up in the morning after a good night sleep with no swelling and minimum pain. My condition has my OS and the medical professionals at his office stumped!

On a lighter note, I went to the walk in clinic yesterday. Mid week I notice a red spot under my left arm pit, by Saturday morning what was a little spot during the week turn to an ugly looking rash that completely covered my armpit. When the doctor look at the rash under my arm he said take your shoes and socks off. One look at my feet and he said Aha. I said Aha what?

I have athlete's foot with a fungal infection of the skin that causes scaling, flaking, and itch. Well, apparently I must of scratch my itchy infected feet and spread it to my underarm. When it rains, it pours Hens and Rooster. When it rains, it pours.

Hugs to all.
TB
Old 08-14-2011, 06:57 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

(((TB))) - I'm so sorry you're still having the pain with the knee and hope they get it figured out and FIXED soon. The rash is like insult to injury. (((TOD))) was chewing on her toenail and now you've got a rash from your foot to your armpit? Way more flexible than I

Lots of healing hugs and prayers your way,

Amy
Old 08-14-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

well, I came on with an update - I think. But I wanted to read the posts written since I was on earlier. so I'm reading and reading and scratching my head and getting confused and thought maybe everyone was a little off their rockers today 'cause everything seemed backwards then........

I realized I was on the 1st page of this thread instead of the last.
snicker.
and now I forget what it was I was gonna say.......
Old 08-14-2011, 07:32 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

(((Krista))) - oh, wow, even I would be lost if I went back to the first page (though not for long) I did that on another thread, one day and was like WTF? Then I looked at the dates of the posts...sigh.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-15-2011, 12:34 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

still here. having some sinus issues. head feels like GWAR is playing a perpetual concert in there.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:04 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hey there Windy: Glad to see you still checking in.

Here's the toe update!!!

Well I thought using a water pik was painful? Using a syringe needle to poke holes in the extremely sore area is beyond that thrill. All I'm getting is bright red blood. Nothing else. The one spot I need to open up is UNTOUCHABLE! So I'm working all around it with the needle, massaging and squeezing. This is just about a hopeless cause. I've been soaking it for over three hours. No change. If I don't get this under control. I'm going to have to have the doctor's at the VAH take care of it. So I'm doing everything "I" can because I'm in no mood to deal with their treatment.

I finally have it pulled just a little bit away from the nail, underneath the spot that is untouchable. So hopefully this will help some what.

I have to stop for now. It's 4:00 am and I need to get ready for beddie bye.

Love to all
TOD
Old 08-15-2011, 07:08 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Great to see you (((Windy)))! Sorry about the sinus issues..sinus headaches just suck

(((TOD))) - I really hope the toe gets better soon. Are you just soaking it once a day? I know you have things to do (a lot) but maybe try just the soaking part (not the torture) like 3 times a day? I know when I had the MRSA and had to do wet-to-dry dressing changes I had to do it several times a day. Just thinking of something that might help. Sorry it's so painful, I can only imagine

Dad's got to take his van to the shop, so I will bring him home then be out for a while doing stores. Didn't realize it was payday at work, Sat., and at least my checking account isn't 0, but $84 for 2 days? Yeah, next check will only have one day on it. Thank God for my stores job!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

sorry about the sinus' Windy but glad you never changed the creepy avatar since I've been gone - I sometimes recognize avatars before names so I get a little lost when people change them up on me....

TOD - too bad you can't get some freezing cream - then you could poke away and not have the crazy pain I'm sure that's there every time you touch it. ouch

Amy - I was paid Friday and after bills I was like "huh?" fun while it lasts, but I'd certainly never earn much interest with my bank, $ doesn't stay in there long enough but at least the bills are paid I guess....
Also, I missed all the older posts not being around I guess - and don't know what you're going to school for?
Old 08-15-2011, 08:11 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

OH AND! I'm back to working regular hours at work this week. worked later hrs a couple weeks due to daycare issues, but back to normal now. thankfully. I like getting up in the morning and having somewhere to go. much happier this morning ;0
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

((Krista))) - going for an associates in Health Information Technology.

Can't get hold of dad to see if he needs me to pick him up at the repair shop, so am heading to the other side of the state.

BTW, hh is almost at 500 posts, so have started part 16...don't wanna bog the system down.

Here's our next episode

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post3072127

Hugs and prayers,

Amy