Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2

Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

I wouldn't take any of that other **** if it were me. It just makes it more confusing. My first try, I quit oxy one week and Xanax the next. That almost did kill me. The benzo was so traumatic to come off, it made me loose sight of what I went through the first week with the oxy. I relapsed.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:26 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

i hear ya bro....i have a good pal buckin 6mg zanny right now and he is gonna kill himself if he doesnt stop....he cant stop and get off it....im not really into benzos for rec use,oxy is my devil and we have danced many many times....now is when i need to slay this beast!!....layin outside in the cold right now staring at the stars and jupiter in particular....makes me forget its been almost 8 hours since i took a perc....im going into wd right now.....can feel the pain starting to take over my body...sneezing....yawning...so tired sooooooo so tired yet sleep is unattainable....this time feels like it is gonna be worse than last...mentally the anxiety rips me apart...its bad and caused the relapse....hell its the reason me and the white devils fell in love in the first place.....i need a k-pin 0.5 for the nite....will awaken to the sunshine and more than likely the longest day of my life....skrill after midnite in oxy wd....gonna write that in the journal....nite all stay clean!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:05 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

well my friends.....surprisingly slept like 8 hours....mind u i havent even kicked yet....but i have weaned down from 200mg a day to 50mg of percocet in 6 days...which means i am going thru sever withdrawals....just not the full pull!!...man do u guys get like severe anxiety???for me it is the ABSOLUTE WORST part...im talkin racing thoughts,twitching,shaky/sweaty,panic attacks u name it i have it....i just took a 0.5 kpin it was last resort....2 percs so far today...i know its not good to mix these 2 evil beasts but at this point i have no choice....talked to the detox today and they can have me in on the 15th of october...full medical detox...im seriously thinking of just going there for my full withdrawal/....at least its a safe place with nurses and doctors on duty...i dunno sooooo confused right now.....i have so much to do today and am lying in bed fighting this horrible anxiety...please God make it go away....cant take this much longer....HELP!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:14 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

AS I FINISHED TYPING THIS THE PHONE RANG...I CAN GO TO MEDICAL DETOX TONITE AT 8PM....ANYBODY THINK THIS IS A bad IDEA???...
Old 10-08-2012, 10:50 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

going to bed , tomorrow when I wake up will be Day 9. God Bless.
Old 10-09-2012, 04:21 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

I have been trying to get out of bed for the last two hours. If I lay perfectly still I have a dull body ache keeping me company. I feel it in every joint. There is a strange awareness when you can feel every knuckle, wrists, elbows, shoulders, toes, ankles, knees, hips...and then there is the spine. My neck and lower back are aching the most today, but I can't figure out which is worse. When I move, I get shooting pain in one or both areas, and in my hip. My left side is far worse than my right.

I have only been taking ibuprofen for pain in the last 12 days. I still have oxy, so it has been a choice. But today feels worse than most. I don't want to move, but I must go see a client today. This really does suck.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Today was day 15 for me. Clean and free from Oxys. I too still feel it in my joints, left hip, and in my spine. Totally sucks, but not nearly as bad as the first week.
I was on Oxy IR 20's for three years and was on Oxy 80's for a year and a half. I stopped those cold turkey a year and a half ago, but since I was still prescribed the Oxy 20's it was not as difficult to withdraw as this has been. I suffer nerve damage from too much chemo and radiation and my gp prescribed me the oxy and it just kept getting more and more as I became so tolerant of it. I finally had enough and went cold turkey 15 days ago. I see my gp tomorrow and hope to get something non narcotic to help with the pain I still have but I am now willing to live with pain and be free of the Oxy addiction.
Can not lie it has been Hell but I refuse to let this drug beat me. I beat a late stage cancer bur have to say withdrawals are the toughest struggle physically that I've ever had, and I have been through a lot.
Anyhow, these posts have helped me through the last couple weeks and decided to join today and share my story and hopefully help somebody else.
I figure if I can do it,,,, you can too. Just looking forward to a day I can say I feel good again. Hopefully soon. Take care to all.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by makida View Post
AS I FINISHED TYPING THIS THE PHONE RANG...I CAN GO TO MEDICAL DETOX TONITE AT 8PM....ANYBODY THINK THIS IS A bad IDEA???...
well,LOL...I just got back home from a 48hour stint in a medical detox facility...i must say its one of the best thing i have done.....i was placed in a wing with benzo/opiate withdrawals.....met a lawyer,mechanic,2 gangsters,couple of contractors,a stay home mom and so on....not what i was expecting....so heres how it went:

hour one:checked in,bag searched,given my room and attire....9pm was a visit from my nurse along with a vital check etc.....next was administering meds which consisted of clonazapam,chlonodine,vitamins,magnesisum,calcium! !!

bedtime came fast and i was still anxious so they gave me trazadone and seroquel....now at this point i was fully medicated and feeling it bigtime...went to sleep and crashed til 8am....AMAZING!!!!!!!!

DAY2:WAS awoken for breakfast at 8am....linked up with a couple guys i connected with the night before.....cards,movies,acupuncture,meetings,all ensued...i was hurting...sneezing non stop and my body felt like i got hit by a truck...i was jonesin for just one....juuuuuuuuust one little perc....NEGATIVE...the nurses were very supportive.....so i take a seroquel and head to a meeting...i stand up and speak to the group in full wd....which is not my style even on these damn pills lol!!

met with the doctor next who was pressing me to go methadone taper....40mg down...i refused....i said i didnt want to sub one drug for another and prolong this misery!..so he said to keep on the chlonodine regime which i gladly obliged!

slept like a baby again....had a very strange sensation around 3am...buzzing in my head and when i closed my eyes would see tracers almost like electrical zaps....very peculiar to say the least....my wd at this facility wasnt THAT bad...chills,sweats,body aches,and the *****....but had a massive appetite and we were fed very well and the food was good!!....

after 48 hours i met with my nurse,the doc and my counsellor....we all agreed it would be safe for me to endure the remainder at home!!!...so here i sit in my room....typing this....still hurting but i really truly did believe it would be worse...ALOT WORSE!!...now i may have just done something reallly stupid....i got home and was feeling really lost and confused...like my mind was in a fog.....so i grabbed my phone erased all my dealers numbers and popped a clonny!..turned on the yanks game and tried to relax....i am feeling it bigtime right now so i open up my med kit and what do i find....5 percs just screaming at me.....WELCOME BACK WE HAVE BEEN EXPECTING YOU!!...i chucked them in the toilet...game over.....almost cried but i did it...but what i ALSO found was some bali ball 15x kratom capsules i had from a previous attempt to quit...whic i didnt end up using but gave to some buddys who swear they work for opie wd!!!!!....i took 3 grams in tea and let me tell u....they help TREMENDOUSLY!!!...I FEEL almost normal....time shall tell i guess....i asked the nurse on the phone and she said its an option but a risky one as they do work on opioid receptors....gonna see how i feel in a few hours and go from there(**sneeze sneeze sneeze**) for some reason my sneezing fits come in 3s lololol!!!!...anyways....

also i forgot to mention the facility was NO SMOKING and if u did and got caught out u go!...ZERO TOLERANCE....so i survived off nic gum and the patch...too be honest this was killing me thru my stay there!!we managed to sneak 2 during my stay lol....obv me and "ace" one of the gstars lol!!

this experience has been life changing and eye opening at the same time...next up after this wd subsides is what to do sober...specially with a phonebook that was just pillaged....oh well life goes on right!!!/?

thanks all who have posted here it has helped me a ton....cheers guys and heres to a better life....a clean life!!!....LIFE IS GOOD!!....<<PEACE!!>>
Old 10-10-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
Today was day 15 for me. Clean and free from Oxys. I too still feel it in my joints, left hip, and in my spine. Totally sucks, but not nearly as bad as the first week.
I was on Oxy IR 20's for three years and was on Oxy 80's for a year and a half. I stopped those cold turkey a year and a half ago, but since I was still prescribed the Oxy 20's it was not as difficult to withdraw as this has been. I suffer nerve damage from too much chemo and radiation and my gp prescribed me the oxy and it just kept getting more and more as I became so tolerant of it. I finally had enough and went cold turkey 15 days ago. I see my gp tomorrow and hope to get something non narcotic to help with the pain I still have but I am now willing to live with pain and be free of the Oxy addiction.
Can not lie it has been Hell but I refuse to let this drug beat me. I beat a late stage cancer bur have to say withdrawals are the toughest struggle physically that I've ever had, and I have been through a lot.
Anyhow, these posts have helped me through the last couple weeks and decided to join today and share my story and hopefully help somebody else.
I figure if I can do it,,,, you can too. Just looking forward to a day I can say I feel good again. Hopefully soon. Take care to all.

congrats girl!!!!!...u ROCK!!!!...BEAT this demon away with a stick....u WILL SUCCEED!!!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 08FLHTP View Post
I have been trying to get out of bed for the last two hours. If I lay perfectly still I have a dull body ache keeping me company. I feel it in every joint. There is a strange awareness when you can feel every knuckle, wrists, elbows, shoulders, toes, ankles, knees, hips...and then there is the spine. My neck and lower back are aching the most today, but I can't figure out which is worse. When I move, I get shooting pain in one or both areas, and in my hip. My left side is far worse than my right.

I have only been taking ibuprofen for pain in the last 12 days. I still have oxy, so it has been a choice. But today feels worse than most. I don't want to move, but I must go see a client today. This really does suck.
get past that hump bra...then its smooth sailin u can and will do it pal!!!...this is the hardest **** i have ever done in my life....we MUST stay focused and STRONG!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:16 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Really this is the tough part but stay strong , don't touch that oxy it will just set you back. Today was a lot easier for me but yesterday was bad so it does get better. You just have to hang in there. My left side hurts worse too. Don't have a clue why.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:26 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Really this is the tough part but stay strong , don't touch that oxy it will just set you back. Today was a lot easier for me but yesterday was bad so it does get better. You just have to hang in there. My left side hurts worse too. Don't have a clue why.
i noticed ur in bc!!!!!...same im burnaby transplant via coquitlam!!!...where u at girl??
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I tried everything I could think of last night. I have to get up at 5:00 am, and at 1:00 I was in so much pain I was literally screaming, even though there wasn't anyone here to hear me. I used my TENS unit. I took a sleeping pill. I took 600 mg of ibuprofen. I drank a cup of warm milk. And none of it made a difference.

I just couldn't take it anymore.

I chased the pain away with 20 mg of oxy. It brought it down to a tolerable level. But I never did get any sleep. I don't know what I am going to do. I don't want to go down that slippery slope of oxycodone, but it is the only thing I have found that gives me any relief from the pain.

I really don't know what I am going to do.

I guess I will go take a long hot shower, and get on with my day, smiling that forced smile and pretending everything is going well. You know, the usual ******** existence.

FML
Old 10-11-2012, 05:26 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by makida View Post
i noticed ur in bc!!!!!...same im burnaby transplant via coquitlam!!!...where u at girl??
I'm in Vancouver! Very cool.
Keep up the good work. It's tough but really does get easier each day. Hope you are finding the same thing.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

08FLHTP< sounds like you need some help. Can you find some support?

Makida, thank you for sharing your story of the detox facility. I really appreciate hearing about that. Also, very very very outstanding job flushing those 5 pills you found. That is amazing. That is your inner beasts food, and you did not give in!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like you are on the right track, just stay strong, it can only get easier not harder.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:47 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

To 08FLHTP

Heh so sorry to read about your night. I get it but be careful with chasing Oxys. I know how bad pain can be but honestly your brain is telling you it needs the Oxys and you don't. I thought it was the only thing that worked too but there are other things. It's not a cake walk for sure and throw in chronic pain to boot and it's really tough but seriously you can do this
I told everyone I wasn't addicted, but you can't fool yourself when you try and get off of them.
Heh it's a tough ride but you can do it!!
These posts are really encouraging so check in often. You do have support.
Take care
Old 10-11-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

To 08FLHTP

Heh so sorry to read about your night. I get it but be careful with chasing Oxys. I know how bad pain can be but honestly your brain is telling you it needs the Oxys and you don't. I thought it was the only thing that worked too but there are other things. It's not a cake walk for sure and throw in chronic pain to boot and it's really tough but seriously you can do this
I told everyone I wasn't addicted, but you can't fool yourself when you try and get off of them.
Heh it's a tough ride but you can do it!!
These posts are really encouraging so check in often. You do have support.
Take care
agreed well said....today i feel the usual lethargic,sore,sneezing non stop....ANXIETY WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!....took a kpin and 2 kratom 21x bali ball....this stuff does help guys...i just dont know if im prolomging the misery...i know people who have kicked using kraytom....we shall see....i ended up at vancouver medical detox and cannot put into words how amazing that place is...people from all walks of life...got a call at 10pm last nite my best pal in there called me he needed a ride...we are gonna support each other daily thru this and cut down on cravings!!we can all get thru this guys...one godforsaken day at a time
Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Glad you decided to go into detox. It is a huge first step. Careful with the Kratom. You don't want to have to go thru withdrawals from that too. You might want to read up on it some more before getting in too deep.

Support is good. Just remember two people in early recovery can feed off each other (often in negative ways). I relapsed with someone I met in detox and another I met in inpatient. He was having a bad day and started talking about using which triggered me and next thing you know we were driving to the west side of Chicago for crack and heroin. The other guy I met our conversations would go to how lucky we were that we didn't know each other while we were using because it would have been crazy. Self fulfilling prophecy I guess. I ended up deciding my best bet was just to meet them at a meeting and make sure there were some others around with more clean time than we had to help keep our heads on straight.

Sounds like you are doing good. Keep it up!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:01 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

You are so right!! Being clean is better but getting clean sucks big time! You are on he right track but be careful not to stay on anything too long that helps with your withdrawals. My doctor gave me a Butrans .5 mcg patch to help and I researched it and got off it quickly too before I had to withdraw from that too. Just don't have the energy for that.
Everyday gets us a little closer to actually being free so don't cave, and make sure your buddy is committed like you before you hang out. Just saying.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by icandoit12 View Post
08FLHTP< sounds like you need some help. Can you find some support?
No. The doctors just want to write me more scripts. Friends and family don't understand the pain I am in.

I never did get any sleep Wednesday night, but when I got home at 5:00 on Thursday eve I went right to bed and slept until 9:00 this morning. I got up and took a hot bath, but I still feel weak and achey. I only took ibuprofen. It didn't do much. I should have taken an adderal so I could focus on work again, but it is too late now. I don't want to be unable to sleep again.

I may have to go back on the oxys. It is the only thing that hits the pain. I would rather not though.