Nah just joking.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:34 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im clean and about to go to work.... later, peace
Old 07-18-2012, 04:40 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Soccer

Aloha y'all and howzit

Hello all, it has been a while since I have posted anything so I thought I would give an update on how things are going for me to anyone who cares to read. I want to start off by thanking everyone who gave me words of encouragement when I started this journey a long time ago, and also offer to anyone that if you need to, you are welcomed to drop me a private message. I will respond as soon as I get any.
That was the easy part, now for the hard part. I am still using these dreaded pills under very strict control of a doctor (not through his doing but at my insistance). We are in thr process of weaning me off the pills, and the process will be very long and drawn out. What lead me to this doctor lead process was him giving me 6 weeks worth of medicine that was gone in 4 days. After that I was hospitalized for severe withdrawl symptoms and the doc and I came up with this plan.
Please do not let my failure detract from the successes that you have had. The strength that you all show is what keeps me following through with the plan to eventually be completely free from my addiction. Thank you again for all yher help you have given up to this point and keep up the good fight. You will remain in my prayers as I hope I will remain in yours. I will post more as time goes along.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

That sounds like HELLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope weening off the pills helps you quit, I weened myself off with Suboxone. the kick wasnt to bad, plus i had xanies to help me threw, and today is 30 days clean. i still cant sleep a whole night threw but i feel great and i found a job. everything is working out ok.... i hope all goes well for you Soccer..

And everyone else, STAY STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 01:11 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I am new to this thread. I became addicted to the oxy's again (50 mgs a day) Decided to quit,went into withdrawals. You all know the story. Got on suboxone. I am now currently taking 1mg a day. This has been for 6 months now. It's been working fine. Now I'm planning on cutting back the subs to .50 mgs to .25 etcc. I'l let you know how this goes. What's amazing to me is I have no urge to take oxy while on this low but powerful non the less dose of suboxone. Like I said to anyone interested I'll let you know how this goes
Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Yea that is how i quit. i was taking half a MG when i quit. the kick wasnt to bad, but iwas taking xanie bars, 2mgs, while kicking, it helped me so much, now im over 30 days clean and i have a job and im doing very well. i hope you get of the shiit man its not to hard you just have to want it!
Old 07-30-2012, 12:33 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  
Soccer

Thumbs up Question

I do not knkow enough about suboxone to make an informed decision so I will ask those of you who have taken it the burning question that I have. Will I be trading one addiction for another? As always thank you for your help, and you remain in my prayers for success.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:51 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Hi everybody.

I first posted on this thread a while back, in January 2012 ... My story is a few pages back, but basically, back in January 2012, I quit a 100 mg+/day oxy habit, and I did pretty good when I quit... I quit for exactly 3 months.

Well, I ****** up , and I got back on them ... like never before ... I started up daily use back in May and now in late July, I have got up to about 300 mg oxy/day ... it's about 10 Roxie 30's a day ... sniffin em, poppin em ... well ... now I'm in hell.

I been sober for 3 days now and I feel like I'm dying ... I just wish I never took those damn pills after I was sober for 3 months ... I don't ever want to take this crap again, is there anyone on these boards that are like 6 months to a year clean!? How do you not give in and think "well I can handle this one pill?" What happened was, I finished my college quarter with a 3.8 GPA in late March and so my friend (ha!, real friend right?) showed up with OP 80's ... needless to say , I thought I could take it one night ... now look at me ...

God Bless
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

One more thing ... technically, I'm not exactly "clean" ... I have been taking about 75-100 mg of Tramadol since yesterday ... But it does not get me high one bit ... it just keeps me from pooping my brains out !!!!!!!!!! (Loperamide doesn't really work for me, and makes me feel funny)
Old 07-31-2012, 12:15 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
Soccer

To be honest with you, the physical withdrawl is the easy part to beat. Yes, you will feel like crap for a while but that is short lived. The real battle you (and me too) will fight is with your mind. Just know that you can do it, you have before, and that you cannot handle even one of the pills. From reading your posts, I know you can beat this, you just have to convince yourself that you can and you will. Best wishes and God's blessings to you.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:08 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Wow... well i hope everything goess well with you,

I'm still clean and going strong 49 days!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi guys. I just had to join to say a massive thank you to this forum and to the members in this thread for helping me get off the oxy's.

I went over the handlebars on my dirtbike over a jump at about 80km/h and landed on my shoulder tearing ligaments etc. Being 40yo you just don't bounce off the ground like a teenager does.

There was a 6-12month wait for an operation and the Dr prescribed me Endone (oxycodone) at first 20mg a day. After my tolerance built up it was increased to 40mg a day. After a few months I found myself taking more and missing doses just so I could get the high and still stretch out the expected prescription levels.

Then I think from memory I was switched to 20mg oxycontin twice a day and top ups of oxycodone. I found myself chewing the oxycontin at times and was all spiralling out of control.

All this time my shoulder was getting better which wasn't expected and I told the Dr I wanted to come off the Oxy's and so we worked on a tapering off program. As you all appear to know already that just doesn't work. It's just too easy to reach for that extra oxy to feel good again.

I kept going through them at a faster pace than the Dr was prescribing and after an argument over the phone and after reading this thread I tipped what I had left down the toilet. There was even a script waiting for me at the surgery! I decided to quit CT on Thursday morning so that I wouldn't feel completely crap by Friday and after that I knew I couldn't get any over the weekend.

I went and bought a stack of magnesium tablets, paracetamol and ibuprofen. I drank tonnes of water and also a bit of alcohol to try take off the edge. I also had some diazepam to help deal with the withdrawal, which didn't do much tbh.

Anyway, it was basically 5 days of complete hell. I didn't get the vomits but I did get massive sweats, hot and cold and aching muscles/bones. It hurt to go from the lounge to the bed and vice versa. All up it was an uncomfortable 8 days and I am through it now. I still have a little while to go before all of my energy returns.

I've asked my Dr to blacklist me for any opiates unless I am unlucky enough in the future to have some sort of terminal condition. They are just no good for someone like me who has an addictive personality.

So my message to anyone reading this, is try and quit the damn oxy's before it drags on too long as it will get harder and harder (mine was 9 months). Also, that CT is imo the only way to go. It hurts like hell, but if you have some support and you can take a week or so off work then go for it. My shoulder still hurts but I can get away without the oxy's for pain relief now.

Lastly, it really helped to tell all my friends what I was going through when I decided to go CT. Number one, they were very supportive and number two I felt a responsibility to spread the word about the danger of the oxy's.

Good luck everyone. You can do it. Like I first mentioned, reading this thread really helped. If I hadn't of read it I am sure I would of thought I was dying during the withdrawals!
Old 08-07-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

F1ngers, Thats Great!!!

i was on suboxone, dope perk 30z and anything else that would get me high for 2 years. and in the past ive had a few runs. once in "04" to "07". i kicked a 30 bag a day habit back then. this time around, it wasnt that bad. But i had the ***** bad, shakes, hot cold, cold hot swears, back hurt like hell. i had a few 2mg xanie bars that, if not for them, i never would've got sleep. i drank beer everynight to take the edge off. now im 53 days undependant on any opiate.

I did fracture my rib and i got a script of 20 perk 10s. i took one when i got them and 2 the next day. i sold the rest. the pain was so bad but ijust didnt want to get a habit again...

And i read this ENTIRE thread! from the old one, to here. This thread really did help inspire me to get clean. if you read back a few pages, you'll see it took me a few tries lol..

but i feel great and thank you to everyone.

Stay strong and good luck!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 12:28 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Yeah Hunter, i read all your posts and I don't have the history that you have. I really admire where you have got yourself to and you deserve a huge pat on the back for staying strong.

I only ever used drugs recreationally in my younger years and were never hooked. It's been a long time since I mucked around with them and like I said even then it wasn't heavy use at all.

I have found new empathy for drug addicts who rely for drugs off the street as I can't imagine what it's like to always be withdrawing and trying to get the next hit.

Oh yeah, I didn't mention sitting on the toilet as a withdrawal lol. I spent 5 days of lying in a dark room alone, lying on the couch and sitting on the toilet. Exciting stuff! Anyway, I am fully over it now. I seem to be getting a lot of headaches and I'm not sure if it's related but other than that it was worth going CT for sure!
Old 08-10-2012, 02:23 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

good job buddy! its good to hear someone getting clean and staying strong...
just dont get high, that voice will be talking to you allot saying "its ok, your clean now you can do 1, just once" it doesnt work dude, you just keep doing it again and it turns into the sane thing again!
keep busy and work it off. thank you !
Old 08-12-2012, 08:23 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

OK I hope you guys can help me - a little background.....
I was prescribed painkillers about 5 yrs ago starting at 5mg every 6 hours and at my worst was 30mg every 4 hours - I managed to drop down to 10mg every 5 hours recently but as we all know you can never just take one...my rx ran out about 8days ago and I decided once and for all to go cold turkey and get this stuff out my system, I have 4 young kids, a house to run and a job to go to, plus a husband and no longer need these things running my life, so I had tapered to about 7.5mg when I ran out and used Sudofed to get over the whole blocked nose thing as that tends to be the worst part of w/d for me, along with the nausea and need for immodium. I am now 8 days clean and cannot get the metallic taste out of my mouth - is this normal as I have looked up everywhere about the taste in the mouth and found very little about that part of w/d. I am also still feeling very fluey again how long does this last, when do I start to feel normal again - I have never gone this long and thought by now I would start to have some normality return. The aches and sweats have subsided somewhat but the metal mouth is as strong as ever.
Any and all advice would be useful - I would like to not have to do this again and cannot take suboxane so please dont advise that.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:38 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone experiences different side effects mostly revolving around a bad case of the flu. I didn't get the metallic taste although, I know that is a side effect of many drugs.

You should start feeling better pretty soon. For me it was pretty much like I woke up one morning and thought, crap I don't actually eel that bad today and it just kept getting better.

Sorry, not much advice other than to say hang in there your over the worst of it.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

11 days and I still feel icky, my stomach is still a mess although I am tapering down the immodium and I still have the horrible taste in my mouth that no amount of gum or candy can get rid of. I have still managed to go to work and take my kids on a number of outings to museums, beach, pool and of course laundry, shopping and feeding a family of 6. When will I stop throwing up and having stomach explosions. I know the hell of withdrawel is supposed to stop you from relapsing but right now all I can think of is if I take one all this will go away. I know I am into the mental part and supposedly over the worst - no more cold/hot sweats but seriously is this my new normal??
Old 08-15-2012, 02:59 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Lobs, hang in there!!!!!! You are almost through the physical part, then you will need to work on the mental. I am too a mother, and quit cold turkey 6 months ago. It takes lots of hard work, but you will be so much better off.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

DON'T give in Lobs, you've had a rougher withdrawal ride than I did by the sounds of it I'm sorry. However if you take that one pill you'll be back to square one and have to go through all this again some time down the track. You've been so strong to get through to where you are now, it'd be a shame to give up. Surely you'll come out the other side of it very soon. I know I feel fine now except for it's winter here and I've caught a cold. As if that's not what I needed after just getting over the withdrawals lol.

Keep going you've made it this far and you'll be all the better for it once it's over.