Notices

oxycodone withdrawal help Part 2

Old 10-12-2012, 01:30 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not familiar with your backstory 08FLHTP, but have you tried another Doctor, a second opinion, a pain management guy?

Going back to Oxys can't be a viable solution here, there must be others?

D
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

You keep going!!! You are at day 4 and the first 3 are the worst even though day four is still tough. Just don't touch even 5 mg oxy or it starts over and who want to go through that agaiN.
As for the Lyrica, Lyrica I think (not a professional medical person) is for neuropathic pain like fibromyalgia . It's non narcotic. I've tried it for pain and it never helped me but I guess it's worth a try. Rls is the part I found the worst.
Keep going it gets better and you are doing great. Good for you to get out so much today!!! I finally hit the gym after four weeks of doing nothing!
Old 10-12-2012, 07:53 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

I was on lyrica. Going off of that is what prompted me to go off of the oxycodone as well. My head was in a fog on the lyrica, and I couldn't deal with numbers. I would know something was wrong, but couldn't figure out why.

I tried almost everything before I went to oxycodone for pain in the first place. 3 antidepressants, neurontin/gabapentin, tylenol3 (codeine). Oxy is the only thing that hits the pain, and compared to all the others, the side effects are the most minimal.

I did take a 20 the other night. I got through today by doing as little as possible, and by taking 609-800 mg of ibuprofen every 4 hours. At 7:30 I took 2 excedrin PMs. My body didn't seem to notice or care. I had a long massage at 5:00, and left feeling better but was back to feeling like crap an hour after getting home. I decided I would call it a day and just go to bed. But I am still awake. I took 10mg of oxy at 9:00, so at least it is not the pain keeping me up.

I would love to find something that works. Preferably NOT in pill form, too. Maybe I need to move to the desert or something.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:02 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
You keep going!!! You are at day 4 and the first 3 are the worst even though day four is still tough. Just don't touch even 5 mg oxy or it starts over and who want to go through that agaiN.
As for the Lyrica, Lyrica I think (not a professional medical person) is for neuropathic pain like fibromyalgia . It's non narcotic. I've tried it for pain and it never helped me but I guess it's worth a try. Rls is the part I found the worst.
Keep going it gets better and you are doing great. Good for you to get out so much today!!! I finally hit the gym after four weeks of doing nothing!
Yes, lyrica is for fibromyalgia.

I never experienced much RLS, but I have noticed a pins & needles numbness in my hands and feet. My massage therapist is an RN, and told me the numbness is probably related to my past injuries, and not my fibromyalgia. She knows I consider fibromyalgia to be "imaginary" in a way. I can't tell anymore if I am in pain because of an actual injury or just because my brain is making it up on its own. But whether it is physical pain or neurological pain, it's pain. And it's exhausting!

Good for you for getting to the gym. I'm jealous! I tried getting on my elliptical this morning, hoping that moving would help me feel better. After 12 minutes I stopped, because I felt so dizzy I thought I would fall off the machine.

So yes, hitting the gym is a HUGE deal. GOOD FOR YOU!!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:13 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Drugs, drugs, drugs. They make you feel good....
Old 10-13-2012, 12:03 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  
Administrator

please remember our medical advice rule guys.

Here is the SR Rule....

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

I understand that all who share here are well meaning - however what happened to you and how you overcame it may well keep someone else from seeking professional assistance.

Thanks for honoring our posting rules in your future sharing.

D
Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
please remember our medical advice rule guys.

Here is the SR Rule....

10. Medical Advice: No Posts giving medical advice, medication advice, or psychiatric advice. Do not use the forum to give or ask for professional medical or psychiatric advice. If you are a medical professional, please remember the forums and chat are for peer support only and not to be used for distributing professional medical advice and/or using the forum to represent your professional services. Medical and Psychiatric advice includes giving a diagnosis, treatment plan, medication advice and dosage suggestions, over the counter and natural home remedies that should be approved by medical professionals. Detox can be dangerous and life threatening at times. Please consult with your physician.

I understand that all who share here are well meaning - however what happened to you and how you overcame it may well keep someone else from seeking professional assistance.

Thanks for honoring our posting rules in your future sharing.

D

had a feeling i was walking a tightrope with my posts lol...my apologies...was just tryin to give those who feel relapse is their only option another way to get thru this!!!.....what works for one will not necessarily work for another.....i am NOT recommending yall try my method,however,it IS working for me....lets get thru this BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY YALL!!!

STAY STRONG AND GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I hear ya, I think that was directed at me too! Well anyhow if your doctor gave it to you then that's your call to take it.
I hope today is better and everyday getting easier. I'm actually making a turkey dinner tonite since I wasn't into it last weekend , so days are getting brighter but still struggling with sleep. We just have to be patient. It's going to get better
Keep up the good work.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hallegirl View Post
I hear ya, I think that was directed at me too! Well anyhow if your doctor gave it to you then that's your call to take it.
I hope today is better and everyday getting easier. I'm actually making a turkey dinner tonite since I wasn't into it last weekend , so days are getting brighter but still struggling with sleep. We just have to be patient. It's going to get better
Keep up the good work.

HALLEGIRL!!!!!...GREAT JOB BUDSKI!!!....I dont wanna JINX myself but....slept 10 hours straight again last nite which is absurd my last ct wd i slept about 6 hours in 7 days.....woke up with the usual morning anxiety that i quickly curbed....went to work all day and just got home...i feel about 90% but with a strange new outlook on things...its hard to explain...almost as if things smell different..the air or whatever...weird...anyways....home now and plan on goin out for the fights tonight as i feel GREAT!!!....still on the krays but lowered my dose as well as my doctor perscribed lyrica and only 0.25 kpins.....i thing im thru the worst guys and im only on day 5....HALLEGIRL is right...it DOES get BETTER everyday!!!!!!!

keep at it guys we CAN and WILL get thru this and be stronger FOR IT....opie WD is one of the hardest things to go thru in life IMHO.....next up is the dreaded PAWS which i cant wait to kick the living sheeeiiit out of!!!...bring it on im game!!!

cheers yall and have a great weekend!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:21 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

. Sleep is the best medicine of all. Day 5 is awesome, and things just get better now. I just keep looking ahead and thinking how good this Christmas is going to be. We have a ski cabin and I plan on skiing this year. The last few years I haven't wanted to leave the cabin, just so unmotivated.
Good for you to go out!! We had to eat early tonite so the guys could go to watch the fights too! So have fun with your buddies and stay clean. You can do it!!!!!!!
I just want to add that it seems like I was just saying day five for me the other day , so it won't be long and day 19 will be here for you too!! We can all do this!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:23 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Wtf is it about night time? I was feeling pretty good most of the day. Finally got some stuff done around the house. But now I am back to feeling exhausted, and the pain is creeping back. Every joint feels stiff.

I don't want to take the oxy, but I don't think I have any other options.
Old 10-13-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 08FLHTP View Post
Wtf is it about night time? I was feeling pretty good most of the day. Finally got some stuff done around the house. But now I am back to feeling exhausted, and the pain is creeping back. Every joint feels stiff.

I don't want to take the oxy, but I don't think I have any other options.

sorry friend i sent a nice post to ya....taken down again....i will most likely be banned....GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!!!!...THANK YOU ALL FOR UR HELP AND ADVICE...MOSTLY WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT....SEE YA ON THE OTHER SIDE....SWING EASY YALL!!!

MAKIDA!
Old 10-13-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Everyday is a struggle so keep at it.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

NFL SUNDAY!!!!!!!!..........ENJOY!!!!!.....(and wow how bout the spider silva last nite....INCREDIBLE)......95% for me halle.....just the morning anxiety left....energy levels coming bak too....thanks for all ur words of encouragement...from a VANCITY gal too...PERRRRRFECT!!!!
Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  

08FLHTP
It pains me to hear your struggles and to keep taking the Oxys. I too have bad chronic pain, but Oxys are not the answer. Believe me I still try and tell myself oxy would help but it's such a vicious cycle and downward spin.
I finally had to tell my doc no more narcotics !!!!! Narcotics seem an easier route but the after effects and long term use is so devastating. Don't get me wrong, I am still struggling with pain and it makes the wd's even tougher but you can do this. Go and talk to your doc and see what else would work for you.

To Makida::::: keep up the awesome work! You are going to make it!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:21 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  

My 2 cents...2morrow will be day 3 of cold turkey , I was taking between 7 and 15 10 mgs percs a day.... baddddd habit..but I gotta get off this crap. so if anyone has any advice or in the same boat as me, reply or email...private message whatever...i could always use a helping hand, encouragement, anything.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Day three is still tough but hang on. It does get better. Today was day 20 for me. One thing I haven't posted is last Wednesday after my doctors appointment, I came off (cold turkey) again from the Butrans patch that she gave me to help with pain and withdrawal symptoms. My thought is any kind of narcotic you take, you have to eventually come off and that means more withdrawall. Even though I was only on it for four weeks the past few days have not been easy. Not as tough as the oxy but nevertheless difficult. My advise to anyone is be careful what you substitute or take to help with withdrawalls. You don't want more problems
Congrats on making it to day three !!!!! Every minute counts. Tomorrow will be a bit better.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:35 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notyavgkat View Post
My 2 cents...2morrow will be day 3 of cold turkey , I was taking between 7 and 15 10 mgs percs a day.... baddddd habit..but I gotta get off this crap. so if anyone has any advice or in the same boat as me, reply or email...private message whatever...i could always use a helping hand, encouragement, anything.
we had a similar habit...i came off 150-200mg daily...for a loooooooong time,....day 3 was dicey....like halle says it DOES get better everyday man hang in there....i wish i could tell ya what WORKS for me ive had minimal wd with my cocktail lol...but unfotunately im not allowed to tell people what meds to take here lol....already had 3 posts taken down lol....all i can say is have some immodium handy.....and just bear down and ride it out....am i allowed to say that nyquil is good for sleep??and melatonin?...not sure so....stay strong and positive and most importantly after day 3 try and get outside EVERYDAY and just do SOMETHING!...even a 20min walk will help....GOOD LUCK!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Awesome to see everyone posting and keeping this site up. my story starts back on page 4 or 5 and ever since i been all for this thread.

im still doing very well. makes me really happy to read everyones posts and how yall are doing it!

everyone!!!!!
MAKIDA
HALLEGIRL
08FLHTP
milroy

And whoever i missed stay strong and know that i do read the posts and i do feel you!!! Please ask me anything or whatever you want.....

Last edited by Dee74; 11-01-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hunter19877 View Post
Awesome to see everyone posting and keeping this site up. my story starts back on page 4 or 5 and ever since i been all for this thread.

im still doing very well. makes me really happy to read everyones posts and how yall are doing it!

everyone!!!!!
MAKIDA
HALLEGIRL
08FLHTP
milroy

And whoever i missed stay strong and know that i do read the posts and i do feel you!!! Please ask me anything or whatever you want.....

i been doing allot with my music thing lately!. staying busy. stay strong people....

Hunter Schick-Albanese's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Hunter Schick-Albanese | Wildwood, NJ | Hip Hop / Classic Rock | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
both my sites and my newest song here I'm Hazardous by Hunter Schick-Albanese on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free thanks people!
yo hunter!!!!!glad to hear from ya man.....ur posts made me sign up and post my own...i was just gonna be a lurker but could really relate to ur situation....thanks for all the advice man its much appreciated....im on day 8 today...i feel good and didnt take any of my "formula" today lol....went to work all day ...came home decided to clean my truck....so im cleaning dog hair from under the seat amd what do i find??...2 percs just sitting there begging me to take em....like seriously....WHY GOD why do u do this to me lol???.....havent thrown them away yet.....friiiiiick man this is tough now i feel pretty good.....damnit i want one bad...just one perc.....would that send me bak into day 1 withdrawals???...im not gonna do it......nope not worth it.....PAWS has def set in im craving bigtime....good luck guys this aint gonna be easy